xdate in Windows 7

I finally entered the world of Windows 7, albeit only because my laptop died.
 I am a historan who needs to calculate dates into the 18th century.  Xdate
always worked just fine in Excel 2003, but when I load it into the new
computer, Windows 7 sees it as an old process and refuses to recognize it.  I
need those date calculations, and I'm not thrilled with buying a later
version of Office - if it even is in the newer versions - because A) I don't
otherwise need it, and B) I've seen the recent version of Office and want no
part of it.

I bet you were using an addin by John Walkenbach:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0
"Help with scheduling issue" <Helpwithschedulingissue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I finally entered the world of Windows 7, albeit only because my laptop died.
> I am a historan who needs to calculate dates into the 18th century.  Xdate
> always worked just fine in Excel 2003, but when I load it into the new
> computer, Windows 7 sees it as an old process and refuses to recognize it.  I
> need those date calculations, and I'm not thrilled with buying a later
> version of Office - if it even is in the newer versions - because A) I don't
> otherwise need it, and B) I've seen the recent version of Office and want no
> part of it.

Remember also the 400 year trick.
400 gregorian years is a whole number of weeks,
so everything except easter repeats every 400 years.
To get the weekday for 1/1/1800 look at 1/1/2200 for example.

Hans T.

0
Hans

8.5 x 7.00 memorial folder
Hi, I was using publisher 2003 to make custom memorial folders for the funeral home I work for. I changed the page size to 8.5x7.00 and they printed correctly on my Konica Minolta 5550. We recently upgraded to MS OFFICE 2007 and tried using the new publisher to create the same memorial folder setup. I have added the 8.5 x 7.00 to the custom page setup, added that size paper to my printer setup(something i didn't have to do with Publisher 2003) and it still will not print. It changes my page settings BACK to 8.5 x 11 regardless of what size paper I select, and when it does pr...

Windows 7 Update error 80072F78
I am recieving this error for the last month, I have tried many 'fixes' I have found on various sites. Still it will not connect to update. I am on a large network (The only computer with windows 7!) and we changed all the connection details, auto and manual and still nothing. Changed proxy settings, disabled them, running out of options! My last successful update batch (20th Jan) failed on an update for HP Display. From then its not worked. Don't know if its anything to do with it, but information none the less. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great...

Windows XP 64 logo on Startup Screen
When Windows 64 opens there is a logo on the right side of the screen that is fuzzy. Is this inended? Should I just live with it. Everything else is in focus including all the programs I run. Bob AZ Bob, What is the logo about (Microsoft, another brand)? What part of the right side of the screen (top, center, bottom)? Did you try switching to another wallpaper? Carlos "Bob AZ" wrote: > When Windows 64 opens there is a logo on the right side of the screen > that is fuzzy. Is this inended? Should I just live with it. Everything > else is in focus including...

Windows 7 Starter
Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? Thank you "JB" <open@closed.com> wrote in message news:u4cMNnFxKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? > > Thank you > Go to this area and search for any questions you have. If nothing found about your specific problem post a question in the appropriate forum. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 "JB" <open@closed.com> wrote: >Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? Microsoft has not created any newsgro...

windows mail with aim mail
Hi all, Iuse windows mail with aim mail. It was working fine . Nowmy aim mail is sending the same message over & over until I go to aim mail & delete them. Is it the web site or is it windows mail. Thank for help I do not understand how it is that deleting a message in AIM has any affect on Windows Mail sending a message. Probably there is a relevant detail that you did not mention. Are you using IMAP or POP3 for Windows Mail for your AIM Mail? Probably IMAP, which is more complicated than POP3. If there is a bug in anything, it is more likely AIM Mail. My AIM Mai...

Template #7
Hi In my VBA code I am referencing Template1. The problem is sometimes the template opens as Template2/3/4 etc. and I get an error message. Is there a way of referencing templates to avoid errors. Thanks. Maybe you could use ThisWorkbook if the code is in the workboook based on that template. If you're opening the template from another macro, you could use a variable that represents that new workbook and use that: Dim wkbk As Workbook Set wkbk = Workbooks.Add(template:="C:\my documents\excel\book1.xlt") wkbk.Worksheets(1).Range("a1").Value = "hi" ......

C:\windows Directory size increase a lot of
Hi All My C:\windows found the size increase 25GB , How to check which file/ directory have problem ? All directory size under c:\windows just 6.17GB All file under c:\windows just 70.6MB Total Size of c:\ is 67GB. moonhkt wrote: > Hi All > > My C:\windows found the size increase 25GB , How to check which file/ > directory have problem ? > > All directory size under c:\windows just 6.17GB > All file under c:\windows just 70.6MB > > Total Size of c:\ is 67GB. SequoiaView makes a graphical image of your hard drive. Take a look and see i...

WOW FREE WEBSITE for 7 days #2
--_NextPart_00009788-000014DD-002598C6-8CDA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit WOW I just found this site www.leonardjamespromotions.biz about making a BIG DOLLARS with your own site the guy made a BIG DOLLARS in 3 months www.leonardjamomotions.bizesprI just had to learn how he did it --_NextPart_00009788-000014DD-002598C6-8CDA-- ...

how to change window size after the window is created?
Hi, I created a single-document MFC project. If I want the client rect fits the size of an arbitary image loaded from disk, how to do? Btw. I even failed defining the window's initial size. I called 'AfxGetMainWnd()->SetWindowPos(NULL,10,10,640,480,SWP_NOSIZE);' in the view's 'onCreate' event. And also tried change the CREATESTRUCT 'cs' in 'PreCreateWindow'by cs.x =640; cs.y=480;. Neither method works. thanks jannie, It is the parent of the view, the frame, that is the boss! The following function in your view (formatting all mucked up) will re...

bcm for windows Mobile 5...
I recently bought a SPV M3100 WM5 phone and installed BCM for wm5 on it. However, it all synchronised up ok, and then I set the options to sort them by business rather than name. It hanged the whole system and now, even though I've un-installed it, it won't even run at all now. Any ideas? ...

GP 10.0 Windows Minimizing
Hello: Most of the time, I receive nothing but compliments on the new user interface in GP 10.0. But, a client that is upgrading from 9.0 to 10.0 does not like the new "Windows" interface where all screens are minimized once you click on another screen. They are an insurance processing company and they need customer notes, inquiry, maintenance, and transaction screens to refer to as they are entering data. They do not have Modifier. Is there an ISV out there that will allow windows to "stick" and not be minimized? They also don't like the fact that, when a w...

OWA Problems #7
I was re-configuring OWA on my Exchange 2003 to support Activesync with Forms Based Authentication. I've done this before, and it's actually pretty easy. When I finished the configuration and registry changes, Activesync to my Treos works perfectly. But, regular OWA doesn't work. It did before I made the changes. Here is what is happening: If I go to https://mymailserver/exchange/ I get a 440 Login Timeout message. I'm never even prompted for a username/passwsord combination. If I go to http://mymailserver/exchange/ I get a username\password dialog box. I enter the correc...

Streamlining compose window
How do I remove the format bar and the add photos, a/b format, and layout buttons from the compose window? Those apply to HTML format. Switch to Plain Text and they won't show. For the current message, select Format, Plain Text. To set as the default, in Tools (ALT+T), Options, Send set Plain Text as the default for mail and/or news as desired -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Me" <test@example.com> wrote in message news:#0NK66DoKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I remove the format bar and the add photos, a/b format, and &g...

Windows installer window.
Just installed Office 2003 Pro. Everything works OK except Outlook. Every time I open Outlook a wiindow pops up titled "Windows Installer" saying "Preparing to Install". It pops up twice to fully open the progam (for a second or so each and then once as each Email comes in. Have removed and reinstalled--no help How do I stop this Thanks ...

Problem changing store on Windows Mail
Everything on my Lenovo T61 with Windows Vista Home Premium was working fine until I lost power. Before the loss, Windows Mail was working with the storage location on a Netgear ReadyNAS on my local intranet. After restoring power, the WindowsMail store location was changed some how to the default location on the C drive, of course with no account information or messages. When I try to change the storage location using the "Maintenance - Change Store location" buttons, I browse to the original store location on the ReadyNAS, with the old messages, but the "ok&qu...

Diff between Modal dialog / dialog / popup / window #2
Diff between Modal dialog / dialog / popup / window for min/max/close control status for enabled or disabled and their event... ...

Windows is not currently managing your wireless network
We have two computers in the house, one connected by wire to the router, and one via wireless. Of course they were set up by our kids.... Today I had to unplug all the wires and plug them back in again. Since that time the wireless computer hasn't been able to connect. In START/Connected to/Wireless connections we see the connection we expected. Status - Connected Network - Hunt's Corner Signal Strength - 5 bars When I go to the providers speedtest website we have excellent speed. That all looks good, But if I click the "View Wireless Networks" b...

Pasting images in Direct-e-mail window
I select a contactperson, click on Direct e-mail and try to copy/paste an image in the window, but I only see whitespace. Is this not possible? I was able to copy an image successfully. I had to wait a few seconds for the image to appear. Try saving the image to your hard drive and then use the copy and paste function if your image is not already on your hard drive. Best Regards, Donna "M.M.B." wrote: > I select a contactperson, click on Direct e-mail > and try to copy/paste an image in the window, but I only > see whitespace. Is this not possible? > > >...

Availability of Windows Mail
Windows Mail on my Vista OS works just fine. I like it. It is simple and easy to use by a single non-business user. Is this application going to be terminated? If so how far into the future will it be available? What then? Thank you for your interest. Gene L. Vista is the only operating system that uses Windows Mail. Is it going to be terminated? No. It already was. All development of Windows Mail ceased in June, 2006, (Yes, while Vista was still beta), and all focus since then has been on Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download) http://get....

DB2 on Windows
I need to build a DB2 database from scripts and visually examine the schema , nothing heavy-duty. What are my best options ? I'm on Windows XP. Thanks. Hi John This is a SQL Server forum. SQL Server is a completely different product than DB2. You should search for a DB2 forum to get your question answered. -- HTH Kalen ---------------------------------------- Kalen Delaney SQL Server MVP www.SQLServerInternals.com "John Grandy" <john.arthur.grandy-at-gmail.com> wrote in message news:eqK4LD5fKHA.5500@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I need ...

conditional forwarders(windows 2008 R2)
Hi all, With windows 2008 R2, What's the difference between conditional Forwarders and Forwarders If you right click the server and click "Forwarders"? If I need to build a forest trust with widnows 2003 forest, which one should I use on windows 2008 R2 domain controller? Thank you. ed wrote: > Hi all, > > With windows 2008 R2, > What's the difference between conditional Forwarders and Forwarders > If you right click the server and click "Forwarders"? If I need to > build a forest trust with widnows 2003 forest, which one s...

Extender Window
We are a GP9 user, we created a extender window to collect Engineering data whenever we change revisions. The problem is, when you enter a new Engineering data, the previous data (from rev1, rev2, etc..) is overridden by the new data. Is there a way to have the extender window to keep the history of previous entries? regards, davidv I set up an Extender window linked to the "Bill of Materials View" screen. I linked the window based on "Item Number", "Revision Level". It worked for me. Extender will not keep "history" of entries, but if you li...

Same Window/Additional Window
Previously, when I opened multiple excel files they would display each in their own window so I could shuffle between files. Now they all open in the same excel window and I have to minimize one, maximize the other or keep them both at 80% and click from one to the other. How can I get them to open in a new window again? I've done the folder options/file types/xls/open in seperate window thing but that doesn't work. any suggestions? thanks. Hi try tools/options / view - tick windows in taskbar Cheers JulieD "Texas Aggie" <no@way.com> wrote in message news:PTTad....

Problems with Window in Dialog
Hi all, I have a problem. I have an ActiveX Control created with Delphi. From this activeX control a window could be created. If it's called without a parent everything is ok. If it's a child window of a dialog there are problems: while there is no input from user there are no problems, but if user makes an input (at comboBox or edit on activeX window) and changes the application (e.g. IE) than the application hangs and the cpu uses 50%. With Spy++ no more message is shown after changing application and even spy++ hangs with 30% cpu. Before leaving the application spy++ has recorded: ...

Windows Classes #2
Hi everybody, Using Spy++ I noticed that some buttons and controls in an application are not window(they don't appear in the list). For example open an Internet Explorer window and go to "www.google.com", and then refresh the Spy++ window list. The two search buttons do not appear in the list. I don't think IE paints these buttons (like simulating what a button does), but they are not windows either, so what are they? Yours, Kourosh. Kourosh wrote: > Hi everybody, > Using Spy++ I noticed that some buttons and controls in an > application are not window(they...