V Lookup and Multiple Values

Hello,

I am looking to figure out how to use V Lookup with multiple values. I have
about 30 of the same name in column A (This is picked out of about 30.000
names in column A).  How can I do this?

Thanks.

You can use a helper column with a COUNTIF formula to turn those 30
multiple values into 30 unique values, by tagging a sequential number
onto the value. Then you can use an INDEX/MATCH combination to bring
the matching data across, either singly or for all values.

I could give you more details on how to do this if you could supply
more details of what data you have, how it is laid out (sheet names,
columns used etc) and what you want to achieve with it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 17, 10:04=A0pm, owl <o...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to figure out how to use V Lookup with multiple values. I ha=
ve
> about 30 of the same name in column A (This is picked out of about 30.000
> names in column A). =A0How can I do this?
>
> Thanks.

0
Pete_UK
5/17/2010 9:19:30 PM
Hi,

you may refer to my article here

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel/HA012260381033.aspx

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"owl" <owl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to figure out how to use V Lookup with multiple values. I
> have
> about 30 of the same name in column A (This is picked out of about 30.000
> names in column A).  How can I do this?
>
> Thanks.

0
Ashish

Chinese fonts on Office v. X
I am having problems reading my documents that I receive from Taiwan and China (both simplified and traditional characters). When I usually receive an email with Chinese. . . I copy/paste them to Sherlock's translator and viola!. . . I get English. . . But this is not the case with attachments from emails in the form of excel or word files. I usually first have an issue in trying to find out which font they used so that the Chinese characters come out. Once they come out, I can print it out. . .but I need them translated. . . Unfortunately, I cannot copy/paste the characters at all. . ....

How to merge multiple worksheet in Excel 2007
Dear All, I need to merge multiple worksheets in the same workbook. The headers are same for all the worksheets. The worksheets contain each months data now i want to merge them in one worksheet and get the entire years data in one sheet. Each worksheet has auto filter enabled. Mosaddeq Aziz http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mosaddeq Aziz" <mosaddeq@siriusbb.com> wrote in message news:pcsq63d191i8auu7o7bdlnko0nbes6qjkb@4ax.com... > Dear All, > > I need to merge multiple worksheets in the same wo...

Multiple Entries in Deliver New Messages?
How can you delete multiple entries in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" field in Outlook 2003. Al Franz <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: > How can you delete multiple entries in the "Deliver new e-mail to the > following location" field in Outlook 2003. There is no way to have multiple entries in that field. You can have multiple choices in the drop-down (one for every PST you have, plus one for an Exchange messages store, and one for a Hotmail account with Outlook Connector), but only the selected one will be active. If you wish...

Change view (Multiple documents) question
Hi All, I did create one aplication with these properties: Application Type : Multiple documents Document/View architecture support - > NO IN Generated Classes : I don't can change CChildView to derive from CHtmlView, (is that what I need), then I need know how to change CWnd to CHtmlView in code, what I need change? Thanks > IN Generated Classes : I don't can change CChildView to derive from > CHtmlView, Why not, if you want a CHTMLView derived class, thats what you should do. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Retf, Welcome to MSDN Newsgroup! ...

Has anyone merged multiple ACH files?
We have a client who generates multiple ACH files, but would like to merge them into a single file before transmitting it to their bank for payment (saving on proccessing fees). In a prior life I have written code to do this for other products, but has anyone done this for GP? Alternatively has anyone used a product called EZ-Direct Deposit? thanks I was able to merge two direct deposit files this week but when the window came up asking if I would like to merge my two files, I think I did it through my EFT software, not Great Plains. -- newbie "dleroux" wrote: > We h...

Lead v/s contact v/s account v/s opportunity
Hi, I am trying to understand a few basic things about Microsoft CRM. I would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on the following questions: 1. Is the following definition of "Lead" correct? A lead is a person who we come to know from somewhere. Technically, a lead must have a name and optionally the company the lead belongs to. According to the CRM UI, a lead may be converted to one or more of the following: a) an opportunity b) a contact c) an account. Or, a lead may just disqualify. 2. What is a contact? When would I convert a lead into a contact? 3. What is an accoun...

Change cell formatting based on value?
I have a table of time interval values that range from a few seconds to 200 days. I would like to define a custom format that will use a "hh:mm:ss" format if the number if < 1 and a "0.00" format if the number is >=1. I thought I saw a way to do that in the help, but now I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks -- Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000 Ma, [>=1]0.00;[<1]hh:mm:ss; -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:528nh1pa5jcktf81tdrluk7cab4mgub9...

The Lookup Wizard, Do I Hate It?
ok. So, this week the Lookup Wizard inflicted me with my first experience of it. I'm talking about the Lookup Wizard that appears in the Table Design interface. Here's the good news, you can bring up a table, and your field has a drop down and second level reference automatically working. The bad news is it presents the second level lookup everywhere, for everything. But sometimes I just want to see the index actually recorded in the table. If I build a query, and I just want the actual index rather than its translation, how can I get that? Is there a way to undo the autom...

Multiple V-Lookup
I am trying to do a Vlookup function that will look at 2 cells on the same row in one tab and find that in the workbook on the other tab in the same row and then spit back a number from a different cell. It's like a regular vlookup but i'm trying to search for 2 values in 2 different cells at the same time. Is this possible? Maybe it's not even a vlookup i should be using. The problem with using an if(and()) statement is i can only search for the combination 1 row at a time, so if it doesn't line up, i won't get a match. I need to search the whole workbo...

IHTMLAreaElement and coords parameter returns incorrect value
Hi, I am having problems with retrieving the coords parameters for image maps of type "POLY". For some reason, IHTMLAreaElement only retrieves the first 8 values of the 'coords' parameter even though there can be more since the shape is a polygon. I thought I try to be clever by using get_outerHTML to retrieve the tag string and parse those values myself, but it seems that MSHTML only recognises the first 8 values. Any ideas? or maybe a newsgroup that might know more? Andrew ...

Lookup and count in the same formula
Hello, I need a formula that looks up a value in row 1 on sheet2 and returns the count of a range in the colmun that matches the lookup in sheet1. For example: Sheet2 - Feed Sheet Smithfield RSM John Doe ASM Jenn Smith ASM2 Brian Smith So Smithfield has 1 RSM and 2 ASMs Sheet1 RSM ASM Smithfield 1 2 So I want a formula to return the count of how many RSM's and ASM's are in a specific location. I have this: =(HLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:A6,(COUNTA(Sheet2!A5:A6)),FALSE)) but it's just retur...

Multiple Outlook Users
While there is one user for computer, there was a way to configure multiple users for Outlook. I am using Outlook 2002. It means more Personel Folders witt password access. As far as I remember, Ihad once done it but now I can not find the way. Could anybody help me? TIA Actually I found a way. On Desktop I right clicked on Outllok Icon and chose Properties, then Show Profiles and I added a new profile and I activated the option to ask for the profile at start. Then when I start Outlook it asks for the profile to choose and when I choose the new one I get completely a new Personal Folder. B...

How do I change FALSE values to 0?
How do change values of TRUE or FALSE to 0? what is the formula you are using? "Redleg40" wrote: > How do change values of TRUE or FALSE to 0? =IF(AD7<0,AD7*-1) & =IF(AD13>=0,AD13) "Jambruins" wrote: > what is the formula you are using? > > > "Redleg40" wrote: > > > How do change values of TRUE or FALSE to 0? Put a 0 in for the value_if_false argument. Standard IF syntax =IF(condition,value_if_true,value_if_false), so for your first formula =IF(AD7<0,AD7*-1,0 -- MrShort ----------------------------------------...

display multiple charts in a workshheet
If I change the display resoution in Windows (Control Panel/Display/Settings) This appears to affect how my graphs display on the worksheet but only on a sporadic basis. I am a naive user and have lined the graphs up by using macros to record hand adjustments and then inseting then into the VB code for the sheet. My problem is that I can change the screen resolution a number of times and the graphs will line up OK and then I change it again and the graphs do not line up. I have a program that automatically charts data and I would like the output to be consistent across different hardware and...

comparing values from one workbook with another workbook
I have 2 workbooks. workbook1 contains a list of employees, emp# and date of hire. Workbook 2 has a differnt list of employees. I need to compare the emp# in book1 against all emp# in book2. If the emp# from book1 matches the emp# in book2, I need to copy the date of hire from book1 into the appropriate cell in book2. I must compare the entire contents of book1 against book2. Hi, I assume employee # is in colum A and the date fo hire in column B so in book 2 enter =index(book1!$B$1:$B$10000,match(a1,book1!$A$1:$A$10000,0)) copy formula down, change range to fit your n...

Uninstall old v. before downloading new?
I have tried the free trial Money Plus Deluxe on one computer, and now want to purchase and download to another computer which has Money 06 Premium loaded. Should I uninstall Money 06 Premium before downloading Plus Deluxe (after making a backup of the data, of course)? Is it OK to have both versions installed at the same time, at least until I have time to make sure everything has transfered correctly? Thanks for your help. In microsoft.public.money, Elizabeth wrote: >I have tried the free trial Money Plus Deluxe on one computer, and now want >to purchase and download to a...

SBS2003 and Hyper-v
We want to reduce equipment in the lab. We have a well functioning SBS2008 Standard domain running with one sbs2008 (8 GB) server and a second win2008 (8 GB system mem) server running our AVG service and Hyper-v. Under Hyper-v we have two guests, an XP Pro running old version of Quickbooks for company accounting and a Win2003R2 server running BlackBerry Enterprise Server running 4 blackberry phones. We have 10 real Vista Business workstations which will go Windows 7 Pro over the next two weeks. This all runs on 192.168.8.x and uses one public static IP address. We also have a ...

Report from multiple queries 05-22-07
I like to use the same report format but different query for each output. Right now, I have one report for one query. One query is listing SharedAccount, the other is NoSharedAccount; the report is also RptSharedAccount and RptNoSharedAccount. However, the report format is the same only the query is different. How can I using the same report format to open certain query. I try the macro, but no luck. I don't know much about VB. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com A couple of ways. Use a form to select which query to run. Use an option group and put it as criteria in ea...

I-v
does anyone know what this means, is it a word term ? No, and without a context with which to evaluate your post, it is meaningless. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, lizzy asked: | does anyone know what this means, is it a word term ? ...

Align/Manipulate multiple chart on one page
The subject line says it all. Is there a simple way to align 6 charts on a single page so they print out even? Over time they seem to get a bit moved around and resized. I zoom in and adjust them, one at a time, but this is time consuming and hard to get them perfectly aligned and sized. Similarly, is there a simple way to make the six charts on one page bigger or smaller, all at once. For instance, I want to be able to spread them out and extra 1/4" all at once without moving/sizing them individually. thoughts?? thanks in advance BDT Hi, If it the chart objects themselve...

V CARD
How can I import an outlook v-card/vcard into CRM easily. WHen i drag and drop the vcard into my "Contacts in CRM" folder, it does not show up. ...

Volatile UDF v ws_change conflict
Hi all In a worksheet there are cells that call an Application.Volatile UDF. The UDF does nothing other than return the rowheight of the cell that calls it. That worksheet also has a Worksheet_Change() event handler. If I delete the cells that call the UDF then the Worksheet_Change() routine works as planned. If I un-volatile the UDF then the Worksheet_Change() routine works as planned. But if I leave the UDF in the worksheet and leave it volatile (required) then the Worksheet_Change() event misbehaves. I shall post the full code of the UDF and the Worksheet_Change() if it would help, but I...

Multiple Columns in a stacked column chart
Is it possible to create multiple columns of stacked data sets? For example: can I plot monthly data in which each month is the sum of 3 categories, but plot these stacked columns for 2 years (side by side per month)? This enables me to compare last years monthly totals versus this years monthly totals on a per month basis? Justin - Through careful arrangement of the data in your worksheet, you can make a stacked column chart that looks like a clustered-stacked column chart. There is a tutorial showing this technique on Bernard Liengme's site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/blie...

Advanced Lookups setup should let me exclude inactive records
Advanced Lookups setup should let me exclude inactive accounts, customers, vendors and employees as well as discontinued items. There should be an option in the lookup windows to include these inactive/ discontinued master records if desired. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Reports with multiple accounts
We have set up multiple bank accounts using Microsoft Money 2000. We wish to access INDIVIDUAL reports on EACH account (example: costs by category), but we can only obtain such reports that combine ALL our accounts together. How do we create such reports for EACH of our accounts? Thanks for your help! Correction, we're using Money 2002. "Joanne Harvey" <kboenterprises@NoSpam.earthlink.net> wrote in message news:#ENMZtg6DHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We have set up multiple bank accounts using Microsoft Money 2000. We wish > to access INDIVIDUAL reports on EA...