typing in a new cell and carrying the formatting of the previous c

how can i get the formatting done automatically in line with formatting of
the same row evertime i type in a new cell in that row? for example, i have
data in spread across A1:E1, and there is a special formatting for this set
of data, when i type into F1 i want the same formatting to carry forward.
what i am looking for is not a "paste formating" or "Format Painter" option.

You could use Conditional Formatting on the whole row, with a condition (for
active cell A1) of =NOT(ISBLANK(A1))
--
David Biddulph

"fadwa" <fadwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i get the formatting done automatically in line with formatting of
> the same row evertime i type in a new cell in that row? for example, i
> have
> data in spread across A1:E1, and there is a special formatting for this
> set
> of data, when i type into F1 i want the same formatting to carry forward.
> what i am looking for is not a "paste formating" or "Format Painter"
> option.

0
David
1/20/2010 12:21:23 PM
You need an event macro for that, something like this one:

    If Target.Row = 1 Then _
        Target.NumberFormat = Range("A1").NumberFormat
End Sub

Post if you need help to install it!

--
Regards!
Stefi

„fadwa” ezt írta:

> how can i get the formatting done automatically in line with formatting of
> the same row evertime i type in a new cell in that row? for example, i have
> data in spread across A1:E1, and there is a special formatting for this set
> of data, when i type into F1 i want the same formatting to carry forward.
> what i am looking for is not a "paste formating" or "Format Painter" option.

Protect or Unprotect Cell dependent on different cell
I am trying to find a way of automatically protecting a cell if an adjacent cell has a specific value whilst if that cell has a different value the cell would be unprotected. For example if I am aiming to have a column with values in that will be entered but if a field next to it has a 1 in the value field will then be locked. But if the 1 is changed to a 0 the value field could then be edited. Many Thanks for any help. David You could do this with a worksheet_change event to make it fully automatic.Unlock ccell f1>protect the sheet>right click sheet tab>view ...

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

canceling new window
Using Win XP and Excel 2003 I have a workbook with 3 worksheets. At one point I opened a new window and arranged them vertically so that I could do some data comparisons between sheet 1 and sheet 2. When I was done, I did not close the extra window; I simply maximized the original window. Then I saved the workbook and closed it. Now, whenever I open the workbook, I get two identical files that open. Each one has the same 3 worksheets. The two windows are the same filename with different extensions. One has the extension .xls:1 and the other has the extension .xls:2 When I close ...

"Cannot change part of merged cell"
Need help! I have created a pivot table in Excel and now trying to add another field that appears in the field list. When I drag it over the pivot table to drop it, I get this error: "cannot change part of merged cell", I did not receive this error message for the other fields that I had selected. Please help. Thanks in advance. ExcelHelpNeeded Wrote: > Need help! > > I have created a pivot table in Excel and now trying to add another > field > that appears in the field list. When I drag it over the pivot table to > drop > it, I get this error: "...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

Select certain cells in a column
I need to copy certain cells in a column and past them into a word document, but when I select them by using Ctrl+C I can select the individual cells but when I try to paste them into word I get all the cells between the first and last. I have tried using both paste and paste special. What I mean is I select cell 3,6,9,12 using Ctrl+C it selects the individual cells OK, but when I try to paste them into word I get all the cells between 3 and 12. Is there a way to copy and paste cells that are not contiguous and past them into a word document other than one at a time? Ed ...

New patches?
Recently, after Windows update, Outlook has trouble sending and receiving e-mail. A few weeks ago, I fixed the problem by doing a System Restore prior to the updates. Now when I send and receive, half the time, I get an error message - can't connect to server, an error has occurred, etc. Forgive me for not being specific at this point, as I don't have the exact error message now. I'll repost in this thread when I get one. For now, just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same trouble or if it's a know issue. TIA try doing detect and repair then make a new pr...

users in new tree/domain
I have Exchange server in domain abc.local. There are numerous users in that domain. we recently added another tree in the same forest and it is now domain ccc.local. Some users from abc.local were created in the ccc.local and I would like to assign their mailbox the the ccc.local user name. Where do i do that as in users and computers under the account the only domain i see is abc.local. Please help. Users in abc and ccc.local are the same username and same alias. In ccc.local, users don't have exchange mailbox created. Mailbox domain is already ccc.local. George George, What ...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Why is Bank of America CA not on list of bank in new Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business
Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this incorrectly? In microsoft.public.money, ado510@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of >America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this >incorrectly? There have been some recent changes in the Bank of America statement download area: From http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=B&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#14 there are 3 choices now show...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

New improved RMS eCommerce Integrated Solution
SIM Retail Solutions www.simretail.com 408.690.2948 ------------------------------------- Having an online presence is imperative for any business owner or service provider. In fact, in the existing online retail scenario if you are looking for your business expansion, and have not yet tapped the advantages of online retailing, then it is the right time to encash. Now, when you consider going online, it could be a possibility that you already own a Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS) and actually require affordable and customizable eCommerce software that works with the RMS. Well, in...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

Average every seven cells, then copy formula
On my Averages worksheet, I have the following formulas: In Cell A2: ="Week " & WEEKNUM(Sheet1!E2,1)& " - " & TEXT(Sheet1! E2,"mm/dd/yy") In Cell B2: =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F2:F8) 'compute values based on blocks of 7 successive rows I'd like to be able to COPY these formulas to row 3 so that the formulas in Row 3 begin on Row 9 of Sheet1, Like this: Cell A3: ="Week " & WEEKNUM(Sheet1!E9,1)& " - " & TEXT(Sheet1!E9,"mm/ dd/yy") Cell B3: =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F9:F15) 'compute values based on blocks of...

Text Box Formatting

click on a cell copy to another sheet

New server
We are on GP 6.0 w/ SQL 7.0. We have GP installed locally for users, and on a Terminal Server using NT 4.0. Are about to purchase new data server using a Windows Server 2000 Advanced operating system w/ SQL 2000. We are not going to be upgrading Dynamics anytime soon (if at all). My questions: 1) Has anyone experienced any issues with hardware changes on a data server using GP 6.0? 2) Has anyone experienced any issues regarding remote connections after a hardware change? I had a client with a similar environment. They upgraded the NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 and did not have any issue...

Excel
I received a spreadsheet in which you can only click into certain cells and enter data. But I can't even click into the rest of the cells containing formulas etc at all. It isn't like protection, where you can click into the locked cells, but when you try to enter data a message appears indicating that the cell is locked. In the spreadsheet I received you simply cannot even click in the cells. What is this feature, and how do I turn it on? (it is functioning in both Excel 2003 and 2007). Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated....Thanks It i...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

Combine columns from seperate sheets into new sheet- macro improve
I've managed to create a macro that will take up to ten columns from one sheet and combine them with up to ten columns from another sheet. It's working as well as I could have hoped, but I'm positive that there are ways to make the macro far more effecient than it currently is. For instance, for each column I have an individual process to handle picking the column from sheet1 and combining it with the column from sheet2 10 times - I'm sure this process could be written to loop 10 times off one bit of code, but I'm uncertain how to do it. Ideally, however, I...

how to combine cells by selecting range?
hi, i can't merge the contents of multiple cells by selecting a range. i cannot waste hours by entering the cell's address maunally. Is there formulla to do that? The CONCATENATE(...) function will do that. For example if A1 had value "Microsoft" and B1 had value "Excel" the formula: =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1) will return "Microsoft Excel" Does that help? -- Regards, DaveB "SPIRIT" wrote: > hi, i can't merge the contents of multiple cells by selecting a range. i > cannot waste hours by entering the cell's addres...

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

Positive & negitive numbers in conditional formatting statement
I know this will be a easy one for somebody, in a report field I would like to highlight the money amounts (clear/white) for zero, red for neg Number (money owed) and green for credited money. Zero works great, but it seems that it would tell positive from negitive numbers. -- Frank Hi Frank Use condidtional formating HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Frank" wrote: > I know this will be a easy one for somebody, in a report field I would like > to highlight the money amounts > (clear/white) for zero, red for neg Number (money owed) and green for > cred...

Pivot Table, new field added
I am using a Pivot Table and when I group the field date for more than one criteria, for example Months and Days, Excel automatically adds a new field called Months to the list of fields. Why does this happen? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- ...