Turn off auto adjust of row heights

I have a complex spreadsheet for my catalogue of products.  I have set row
heights, fonts and sizes of texts for different rows.  Every now and then my
row heights are automatically changed by EXCEL.  I have turned off word wrap
I have locked/protected my sheet.  How can I stop EXCEL automatically
readjusting row heights at its discretion.
Thanks
-1

How to synchronize rows between worksheets
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets in it. I would like to synchronize the rows between those worksheets, so that when a row is inserted or deleted in the first worksheet, a row is inserted or deleted in the second worksheet. I would like to do this without using a macro or VB. Is this possible? Howard, No, it isn't possible without VB. Use one sheet and then it isn't an issue. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Howard Schisler" <howard.schisler@nationalcity.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:840983D0-E4FB-44CE-886F-4D29531F98CE@microsoft.com... >I have a workb...

Auto filter #7
Is it possiable to filter more than 1000 rows with autofilter? and if so, how? Select your range and apply the data|autofilter. I bet you're seeing a maximum of 1000 unique entries under that dropdown. The range is still filtered--excel just shows a max of 1000 entries. Debra Dalgleish has some tips you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits (and you could always use a custom filter and type what you want (or contains what you want). Lisa Files wrote: > > Is it possiable to filter more than 1000 rows with autofilter? and if so, how? -- Dave Peters...

Macro/VBA to loop through list of values and output row- Help Need
I am new to VBA/Macros and really don't know how to get this to work. I have a spreadsheet which calculates distances between two postcodes for a list of suppliers. Each supplier can have one or more branches at different locations (postcodes). I need to return only the closest branch of each supplier (i.e. copy the row of the closest supplier to a new sheet. The sheet has 6 columns. Only 2 of these columns are needed to work out this problem. Column A holds the Supplier Name and Column F holds the distance from us. I have worked out the steps needed to complete this...

grand total on a row
I have the option selected to show both row and column grand totals. The column totals are showing but the row totals are not. I've tried unchecking and rechecking, but it doesn't help - they still down't show. Any suggestions? Sheryl, Are setting these options for a pivot table or a worksheet? "Sheryl Lawson" wrote: > I have the option selected to show both row and column grand totals. The > column totals are showing but the row totals are not. I've tried unchecking > and rechecking, but it doesn't help - they still down't sho...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

auto filtering on excel
i am only at a basic level with excel but need help to allow me to filter up to several thousand rows of data down to one line with the relevant data i can then use elswhere. seen loads of stuff on tinternet which probably works but above my level of knowledge. i have a very simple spreadsheet which explains what i want but cannot attach, if anyone is kind enough to send me their email i will forward it to them. OR can you point me in the right direction for help? cheers, and a merry christmas (if you beleive in it) and a prosperous new year to you all..... If desired, ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

changing the formula's row reference
In column A, I have a number of formulae that refer to other cells on the worksheet. For example, in A1, the formula is = BB30, A2=BD30, A3=BG30, etc. In these formulae, the columns are all different, but the row number is always the same. However, I need to update the formulae to reflect a new row, so that A1=BB31, A2=BD31, A3=BG31. The old column references will stay the same, and the row references will all be the same number. Is there a way to do this quickly and easily for a large number of formulae? Thanks! You could do a search and replace, Ctrl-H. -- HTH RP (remove no...

Auto duplicate entries
Working in Excel 2003. Is there any way that when entering data on one worksheet, that it is also automatically entered on another worksheet within the same workbook at a designated location? If so, then how do you do this? Thanks much. Hi Does typing "=" in the cell you want the data to automatically duplicate - then clicking (using the mouse) on the cell you want it to copy from - then pressing [enter] work? Simple, but effective, if I am correct in my understanding of your request. hth Rob Brockett still Learning & the best way to learn is to experience... -- broro183...

cells increasing in height
When I type in the cells the cells increase in height up to almost 4 inches tall. I have unchecked "Wrap Text" but that doesn't seem to have any effect on it. How can I keep the cells height down to 12.75? Thanks, John ...

Cond. Formatting, Mod(Row) and cell conditions
Is there any way to use the mod row function to shade alternative rows, based on whether cells have any value in them. I want to select a big range (eg A:G) and only shade alternative rows (A:G) once data is place in cells. the mod row function shades regardless if there is data in or not. Select ColA:G and try the below CF formula..Make sure the active cell of your selection is in Row1 =AND(MOD(ROW(),2),COUNTA($A1:$G1)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "wynand" wrote: > Is there any way to use the mod row function to shade alternative rows, based > on wheth...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Auto Filter Sorting Issue
I have a large spread sheet and frequently use the auto filter capabilities. My rows are getting out of sequence (the data is not staying in the correct row). I've marked cells and then tested by sorting different columns ascending, desending, etc. and I've done this on multiple columns. I can not get the data to return to the original format even when I turn the filters off. I have in excess of 100 hours invested in this data. Needless to say it's a very important document! Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you want to get back to original order of the r...

From Row to Column?
Hello all, I have a large spreadsheet of data, unfortunately when I set it up originally I put the data into rows (I.E. left to right) I'm trying to correct that now, Is there any way I can highlight a row of data and move it into a colum, in the same order it is in the rows? Thank you, Confused Man Yep, select all the cells in your row, and copy then select the first cell in your destination column and select "Paste Special" then transpose in the Paste Special dialog and ... job done!! "confused man" <bfbj@iup.edu> wrote in message news:9cadnVInq98Y6ZjcRVn-u...

Word Auto Summary Option
I do home inspections and use Word for my reports. I would like to create a automatic summary page of all defects I list in my report instead of having to copy and paste them one by one. Is it possible to have word search for a specific "key word" then capture that canned statement and put it in a seperate summary document automatically? For example... Defect -- The house needs ect ect I want word to look for all canned statements that starts with the word "Defect". That would be simple enough. Does the term 'Defect' begin a paragraph? ...

Appointments in 3.0 auto close or auto complete???
Does 3.0 auto complete appointments like 1.2 did? It doesn't appear that it does and I am wondering if there is a sql job to do this. -- Thanks, Brian ...

auto insert text
I would like to insert one word and have it automatically insert a paragraph. How do I do that? When you create the AutoText, make sure that it includes a paragraph mark (�). If you are using Word 2007, note that AutoComplete is no longer supported for AutoText. Instead, make use of AutoCorrect. To create your AutoCorrect entry: Create an example paragraph with the contents and formatting that you want. Select the whole paragraph, including the paragraph mark. Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing category, click AutoCorrect Options. Select ...

Control pasted/imported data to use only ODD or EVEN rows
I want to move data from access 2000 to excel I want to paste or import. May I tell excel to only accept one paste to use ODD rows, the the second paste to use even rows? I have spit data in access queries so I can use two pastes,exports. I have 5000 rows to do per paste. Maybe fifty columns The data in each paste will have identical columns and information. example; Joe, Smith, address, 1st car info (red blue black) Joe, Smith, address, 2nd car info (red blue black) Mary Poppins, address, 1st car info (red blue black) Mary Poppins, address, 2nd car info (red blue black) If you have a s...

Font progressively moves upward out of row when printing
Help! After uninstalling Office 2000 SB and installing Office XP SB, now every time I print a spreadsheet, the font starts out correctly lined up in the cell. However by the 8th row, the font slowly appears to be missaligned and gradually moving upward out of cells and progressively gets worse. I have tried removing the XP version and reinstalling the older, the font is set to center alignment under format, still with now luck. Try to determine whether the problem is related to Excel or to you specific printer. Try printing the workbook on another printer to se if the problem still e...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Need macro to auto delete as in example
Let's say I have a range from A1 to G10 (just an example) and in this range data is being brought forward from other work sheets. What I would like to do is delete only the cells to the right of the cell in column A that is empty (also the cell in column A). Understand that some cells that need to be deleted will have zeros in them. Also some of the cells above the ones to be deleted will be blank or have zeros in them as well. Long story short can a macro be written that deletes a range of cells if the first cell in the range is either blank or has s specific entry in it?....Thanks in...

Removing empty rows issue Please Help!
Hi Everyone, I have about 10 different tabs in same format in my workbook and having some difficulties with my macro. Basically, My macro runs through column("B:B") and if the cell is empty it will remove entire row, if not then it returns column D's value with matching row. Sub Clean() Dim ws As Worksheet, lngRow As Long For Each ws In Sheets For lngRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 If ws.Range("B" & lngRow) = "" Then ws.Rows(lngRow).Delete Else ws.Range("D" ...

Auto Reply Out of Office Notice
I cannot figure out how to get an auto reply with an "out of office" message to work in outlook. Any ideas? ...