Trying to get a blank cell presented if B26=0

IF B26=0, how do I present a blank cell in another place, or put an amount if
not true.  I have used   =IF(B26=0,0,Sheet1!E2) , but I get a  $0.00 figure
which I do not want.  Even I if I used a blank cell for the true portion, I
get then same $0.00 figure.
I get the right amount for false.  I am preparing an excel program for a
small plowing business.

Hi,

Try this

=IF(B26=0,"",sheet1!E2)
--
Mike

question.

"dennis" wrote:

> IF B26=0, how do I present a blank cell in another place, or put an amount if
> not true.  I have used   =IF(B26=0,0,Sheet1!E2) , but I get a  $0.00 figure
> which I do not want.  Even I if I used a blank cell for the true portion, I
> get then same $0.00 figure.
> I get the right amount for false.  I am preparing an excel program for a
> small plowing business.
>=IF(B26=0,0,Sheet1!E2)

Try it like this...

=IF(B26=0,"",Sheet1!E2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"dennis" wrote:
> IF B26=0, how do I present a blank cell in
> another place, or put an amount if not true.
> I have used   =IF(B26=0,0,Sheet1!E2)

Ostensibly, you would write:

=IF(B26=0,"",Sheet1!E2)

But you wrote:
> Even I if I used a blank cell for the true portion,
> I get then same $0.00 figure.

That sounds like you tried the above, and it did not work for you.  So I
suspect you are not being precise enough in the description of your problem.
Taking a wild-ass guess, I wonder if you really want:

=IF(OR(B26=0,Sheet1!E2=""),"",Sheet1!E2)

I am even suspicious of the test B26=0.  That is what you say you want.  But
I wonder if that stems from your misunderstanding of some original problem.
If so, we can help you further if you would show the formula, if any, in B26,
and if you would explain why this formula should return a null string when
B26 is zero.

> IF B26=0, how do I present a blank cell in another place, or put an amount if
> not true.  I have used   =IF(B26=0,0,Sheet1!E2) , but I get a  $0.00 figure
> which I do not want.  Even I if I used a blank cell for the true portion, I
> get then same $0.00 figure.
> I get the right amount for false.  I am preparing an excel program for a
> small plowing business.
If residing in Eastern US you must be making a fortune<g>

Gord

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 09:04:01 -0800, dennis
<dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am preparing an excel program for a
>small plowing business.

0
Gord

Want to get rid of UTC offset in serialization of DateTime
Hi everyone! In the following code we get a UTC offset in xml. Since I want my WAP users in UTC+02:00 to see data on a server in some US time zone, a lot of confusion will be created from this behavior. Either I use .NET logic on the server and get server local time or I create xhtml pages directly from serialized objects. Eitherway I'll have to write my own logic to take care of utc offset. Is it possible to override XmlSerializer so what my local desktop user send to the webservice is saved on the server without utc offset? That way, the time that is local to my users will be saved on ...

Mail gets delivered, but never shows up
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experienced these symptoms before: I can send email through my exchange server (SBS 2003) just fine. Recieving mail is accepted by the SMTP component, and delivered to the appropriate mailbox according to the Message Tracking Center. However, no new mail since last week is showing up in Outlook! To diagnose this, I tried logging in via OWA instead of the full outlook client, only to find that I see the new messages' subject lines, but when I click on a particular subject to load the full message, I get a "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Serve...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How can I get toolbar buttons back?
I accidently removed the buttons on the toolbar. It was the icons for home, page, options (I think) and some others. I was tryimg to customize and clicked on something that made those disappear. How can I get them back? -- my_realtor (Linda) Right click on the Toolbar | Customize | Add or Remove Commands and add them back. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "my_realtor" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3726FE3F-F5B8-4EF8-868B-009799DB8A8C@microsoft.com... >I accidently removed the button...

CRM 3.0 Mail Merge Question
Hello everyone, Can someone tell me how to create a popup window in MSCRM SFO 3.0 Mail Merge. I need a popup window to let the user know that the field in the mail merge template is "null". The user does not want to have to read the document to make sure that all database fields are there. I have tested out a script to place text in the document at the location of the field but I need a popup window to alert the user. ...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

Getting Exchange Protocol Virtual Server Status (Start,Stop,Paused)
Hi All, We can see Virtual servers for every protocols on 'Exchange System Manager'. By right clicking the each virtual severs we can see the status as (Start, stop or Paused). But I like to get status information programmatically. Can any one can provide a snap or code or any link that will help me to get the above information. Thanks in Advance Manu I don't know but I would think this would be exposed through CDOEXM. PaulB "Manu" <dinil_kv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OohMS9zvFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > > > We ca...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Integrating with SmartList 9.0
Hello, I'm adding a few fields to Version 9.0 of SmartList. In the past, GP has provided a sample integration to SmartList. I'm having trouble finding this for Version 9.0. Does anyone know if it's still available? Thanks, Mike Integration from what? -- Charles Allen, MVP "GPMike" wrote: > Hello, I'm adding a few fields to Version 9.0 of SmartList. In the past, GP > has provided a sample integration to SmartList. I'm having trouble finding > this for Version 9.0. Does anyone know if it's still available? > > Thanks, > Mike ...

Getting Tab Text
Hi, I have a Tab Control with Tabs. I'm trying to get the Tab Text. I can get the tab and set the text no problem. But, when I try to read the text, pszText is alway's a <Bad Ptr> If I immediately get the Item after I set the Item, It shows the Text. //Initially setting Tab Text. TCITEM tcItem; tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT; tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer(); String.ReleaseBuffer(); //I don't think this matters. It fails both with and without. c_TabCtrl.InsertItem(c_TabCtrl.GetItemCount(), &tcItem); //Trying to get Tab Text TCITEM tcItem; tcItem.mask = TCI...

How to get add-in functions to show up in function list?
I managed to create an add-in (test.xlam) and get in installed. It has one function: Function myarea(length As Variant, width As Variant) myarea = length * width End Function If I enter "=myarea(3,4)" in a cell, I get 12. What I don't get is prompted with the name of the function. If I type "=m", I am offered choices from Match to Multinomial, but not MyArea. Can I get my add-in functions listed and then, once selected, promted for the arguments? Which version of Excel are you using? In Excel 2007 you get user defined functiona listed as well as the bui...

Get 'Requesting data...' message
I moved my computer to a totally different domain. Ever since then I periodically get a screen that pops up while in Outlook that says 'Requesting data from server E01...' E01 is the Exchange server on the OLD domain. I am not connected to the domain on which this server resides. I've looked everywhere in my Outlook setup to try to determine why it's looking for E01 and I can't find it anywhere. I believe this is also causing some latency problems; for example, after composing an e-mail and clicking on Send, it can sometimes take 10-15 seconds before the e-ma...

Display one number in a cell even though 2 numbers get pasted into the same cell?
I am trying to figure out how to format a cell so that it only display the first number, even though two numbers are posted in the cell. The reason that two numbers are posted in the cell is that I am copyin the data from a website and when I post it into excel, it is using HTM format to paste... For example, if I post a column, it will have numbers set up lik this: +3 -109 -3 -103 +11 -110 -10 -105 The +3 -109 would all be in the same cell. I need each one of thos cells to just display +3, then -3, then +11, then -10 after I past them into the worksheet. I want to take just the first...

How to get ID of fileupload control
Hi All, I am having problem to get the ID of fileupload control in as loop: <form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" runat="server"> <asp:FileUpLoad id="FileName1" runat="server" /> <asp:FileUpLoad id="FileName2" runat="server" /> <asp:FileUpLoad id="FileName3" runat="server" /> </form> Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load If Page.IsPostBack Then Dim i As Integer For i = 0 to Page.Contro...

Scroll Bar or Spinner 0 to 100 by Hundredths
I'm trying to get a spinner control or scroll bar to increase the values of a cell from 0 to 100 by hundredths and I'm stuck. I've been trying using 2 cells and some creative formulas but haven't found the right combination. Anyone have a solution jump to mind? -- Paul Cross I put a scrollbar from the Forms Toolbar on a worksheet. I rightclicked on it and chose Format Control On the Control Tab, I set the minimum value to 0 and the maximum to 10000. And assigned A1 to be the linked cell. Then I put this formula in B1: =a1/100 It seemed to work ok. paul_cross@armtech.com ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A,B,C etc?
In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc and 1, 2, 3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns, which are words. Can I do this? If so, how? You can't. But you could use, for example: row 1 for your column titles/labels, and/or column A to house your row labels -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "aliceccentric" wrote: > In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc and 1, 2, > 3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns, which are > words. Can I d...

How do I get my send button to show
I can create a new message but can not send it, as I do not have a send button on screen. I went to help and it suggested maybe I do not have an account so I tried to set one up but do not have the right connection in the tool area. Can someone please help. I use MS Office Outlook 2003. Send button will show up after you correctly set up your account in Tools, email accounts. Get your POP server settings from your Internet provider. Outlook is not used for free Web mail like Yahoo or Hotmail. "maddie" wrote: > I can create a new message but can not send it, as I do not ...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0
We currently have GL, AR, AP, Multi-Currency, SOP, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, Field Service, Contract Administration, Inventory and eConnect. We are planning an upgrade from 7.5 to 9.0. Anybody done this yet and if so had any issues. charlie You should be aware that the documentation in the Great Plains Upgrade manual dated Jan 23, 2006 is not correct. Make sure you back up your SQL files as WELL ALL THE FILES UNDER your 8.0 install directory under program files. Even though the doc says it doesn't touch them and forces you to install GP 9 in another directory, the install ...

Only print the filled cells?
Hi, I am doing an ordering excel "tool" :) , where its possible to orde among tousands of products. I would like to as the user chooses to print the orderinglist, only th filled cells should be printed, and not 100 pages, understand? :cool: The orders are daily and the user threats like about 20 companys at th same time, so if C2 (C1 = "Company 1") is filled and D5 (D1="Company 2 then i would like the produkts on A2 and A5 with those companys printe automatically... I understand you can use autofilter, but then the (dumb) :eek: use would have to do it every time,...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...