Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges

Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables
in another file?

When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report
files open, the pivot reports update just fine.  But the moment I close the
source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that
the source can't be found.  If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work
fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work.

The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have
to update all the reports that get generated from it.

Is there something else I have to do to get a named range to work in pivot
tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mary-Lou

Pivot table labels
I have a pivot table with the months for label headings. Instead of Jan-Feb- Mar, its Jan-Mar-Feb. How can I change the order? You can drag the columns into the correct order, or -- Select the heading cells Choose Data>Sort Click the Options button From the dropdown, select 'Jan,Feb,Mar' Click OK, click OK glenlee wrote: > I have a pivot table with the months for label headings. Instead of > Jan-Feb- Mar, its Jan-Mar-Feb. How can I change the order? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Pivot Tables: need to customize formatting
Hello: I have several PivotTables. I do not want to use the prepackaged MSoft formatting: color, fonts all that. Everytime I change the formatting and the table is subsequently refreshed for new data, the formatting is destroyed. How do I hold my formatting changes fixed? Is there a way around this goofy thing? Thanks, pepenacho mouse right-click in pivot table. untick autoformat table -- steven1001 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ steven1001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30757 View this thread...

"from name incorrect on email"
I have Office 2002 XP and I now have a cable internet account. The account name is under one name and when I set the email account up in office the account name is showing instead of the name I put in. The email address is the correct one but the "from" name is incorrect. I have been getting bounced mail because the name isn't recognized by people that know me. I have checked with the cable company and they tell me that it is embedded somewhere in the outlook program. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much! Jan Jan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

table.readxml()
i have a problem getting , paging done on my xml table created by 'table.createxml()' now the question is how to read chunks of data in form of rows from this table? xmlreader is one way. but , i want to convert each 'record' from the 'table.xml' to a 'datarow'. so i want a custom casting to 'typecast an xml node' read from 'table.xml' to a 'datarow' . is that possible? ...

create calculated field for age in pivot tables
I need to create a calculated field for Age from the birth date within a Pivot Table (Excel Office 2007). I can not create age in the data set because it is pulling directly from a data source. I tried just using the formula =INT((TODAY()- Birthday)/365.25) but received an error. Hi That won't work because you cannot use NOW() or TODAY() in PT Calculated fields or items. I think the only way you can do it (approximately) if you cannot add a field to your source data, would be to make a calculated field with the formula =2010-Year(Birthday) -- Regards Roger G...

making a pivot from an other pivot
Hey guys i need to make a pivot on data that is already returned by a pivot chart in Excel 2000 do you have any refences i could look at ? I am looking at the static approche but i will eventualy be doing it using vba... Regards, Alexandre Brisebois You can record a macro as you create a pivot table, and select 'Another PivotTable report' as the source in step 1. Alexandre wrote: > Hey guys i need to make a pivot on data that is already returned by a > pivot chart in Excel 2000 > > do you have any refences i could look at ? > > I am looking at the static appr...

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

excel pivot table formating
In 2003 there was a feature where you could adjust the way the pivot table looked. I used to use report #7. Is there a report #7 equivalent in 2007? If so, where can I find it. thx. Place the cursor inside the Pivot Table data and now you will see a new menu "Design". Select the desired design from the "Pivottable Styles". Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "MS" wrote: > In 2003 there was a feature where you could adjust the way the pivot table > looked. I used to...

User folder on desktop has a bad name
My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on desktop How can I restore the correct name? "Allamarein" <matteo.diplomacy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c9cd2878-a7ad-46c5-b802-a37c9d4f5b7a@d39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on > desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside > are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on deskto...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

sum and insert into table?
Hi, I currently have a table which holds the following: Team Amount Date ------ --------- ----- Blue 100 01/01/08 Red 200 01/01/08 Green 500 01/01/08 Yellow 50 01/01/08 Team Amount Date ------ --------- ----- Blue 100 02/01/08 Red 200 02/01/08 Green 500 02/01/08 Yellow 50 02/01/08 I am able to show these on a graph on a daily basis, how can show sum...

Pivot based chart and adding secondary axis
Hi I would love to have a pivot based chart and superimpose another set of 'regular' series on a secondary axis. Is there a trick to get around doing this retaining the 'pivot' features? MTIA You can't add data from outside the parent pivot table to a pivot chart. It is possible to add pivot data to a regular chart, if you use the Source Data dialog, Series tab to add the data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "DKS" <DKS@discussions.microsoft...

Copy a 2007 Word table into Excel
What is the most efficient way of copying a 2007 Word Table into excel? Excel 2007 seems to handle this differently than it did before. -- Thanks for the help More detail would help. What's happening when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "tinks" <tinks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998D16BE-4E16-4B4E-B428-ACA930976BE8@microsoft.com... > What is the most efficient way of copying a 2007 Word Table into excel? > Excel 2007 seems to handle this d...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Pivot Table Not Refreshing Properly?
After creating a PivotTable, I discovered that there were several errors in the underlying data which caused improper values to show up in the PivotTable field drop-down lists. I have since re-generated the underlying data and replaced it in the Excel workbook. However, upon "refreshing" the PivotTable against the new data, I find that the 'improper values' still show up in the drop-down lists despite the fact that they no longer exist in the data! How can I remove the bad values from the drop-down lists without entirely rebuilding the PivotTable? Thank you for any help! ...

Table with FIFO Balances
Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, IV00102 has the quantities but I suspect your looking for IV10200 which has the history and the current FIFO layers. More info here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekly-dynamic-inventory-value-via-sql.html Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) http://www.dynamicaccounting.net On Oct 1, 3:44 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? > > Thanks, > Jocelyn ...

Pivot Table toolbar
Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - this is very irritating! Is there any way to stop this happening? "GeoffS" <crammond-smith@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:39d201c355a8$a7f788b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar > launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - > this is very irritating! > > Is there any way to stop this happening? I use Excel97 but it may be the same. You can have the toolbar on all the time, positio...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Temp Table Problem
I am getting this following error message randomly (with different table names each time). "An open operation on table 'taxRebate_TRX' failed because the path does not exist." Each table is a temp table, so I can't view it in SQL. It is only happening on one computer. How can I resolve this? Did you try restarting the computer w/ the error? Are all the modules installed on this computer? "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B46A24C-2A30-4EE4-8109-C5F94E19F5E0@microsoft.com... >I am getting this following error mes...

Copy outlook name cache
We recently migrated users to a new domain. Their new logins on the enw domain basically create a new profile on their local machines. The biggest gripe everyone has is that they don't remember the addresses they email to, they are used to the Outlook name cache. Is there a way to copy them over to the new profile (is there a file where they are stored?)? ...