summing results of multiple vloopups

Can anyone help with the following vloopup formula?

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEA,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEA,3,FALSE))+IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEB,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEB,3,FALSE))+IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEC,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEC,3,FALSE))

If there is a value in all three ranges it returns the currect amount.

Here are the problems:
 - If RANGEA is missing a value it does not add RANGEB and RANGEC.
 - It RANGEA and RANGEC are missing values it adds RANGEB to a value from
the cell above.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nothing wrong with the formula although it might be possible to use SUMIF
instead and save some complexity since you don't have dodge any N/A errors.

Anyway, formula works fine for me regardless if it find anything in the
different tables so maybe you have some "bad" data that isn't what it looks
like it is.

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"dawnecia" <dawnecia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help with the following vloopup formula?
>
> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEA,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEA,3,FALSE))+IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEB,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEB,3,FALSE))+IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEC,3,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP($A4,RANGEC,3,FALSE))
>
> If there is a value in all three ranges it returns the currect amount.
>
> Here are the problems:
> - If RANGEA is missing a value it does not add RANGEB and RANGEC.
> - It RANGEA and RANGEC are missing values it adds RANGEB to a value from
> the cell above.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks

0
Peo

How do I sync multiple Outlook calendars
I have multiple Outlook calendars but only the default calendar is getting synced with my Blackberry. How do I sync multiple Outlook calendars? When I go to the Blackberry software, it only recognizes the default calendar so I do not have an option to chose more calendars through the Blackberry software. The synch software is responsible for what gets synched. If the Blackberry does not support it, then you are out of luck. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question...

chart with multiple data analysis
I want to create a chart to analyse multiple date selections: the X-axis should plot the time the Y-axis should plot the volume in the chart itself I want to see the forecasted volume per product, but split out in actual sales and prospected sales. thus per product (A, B, C, etc) I would like to see a bar per month, representing the total forecasted volume. this bar should be divided into 2 data fields (actual sales and prospected sales) does anyone know how to do this? Or is it even possible? I have been trying, but cannot get it right. it feels like the data I have in the excel sheet ...

results table dilemma
hi there everyone, I'm hopeful that someone can help me with my excel problem. Here's my dilemma: I'm trying to do a results table where results will come from a worksheet that has different columns, one of which is a date column(let's call it worksheet A). Now the results table is in another worksheet in the same workbook, and before results are generated, I'd like the user to specify a date and then the results table will be populated with entries from worksheet a that matches the specified date and dates from the previous week. im not quite sure if it's possi...

How to perform sum sum sum...

Summing up user defined results

Date-range specific report with counted results of combo box selections
Hi there, I'm a novice with Access, but am currently setting up a patient database for an NGO in India that I'm volunteering with. The primary reason for the database is to collect statistics quarterly. It is a simple database with one table that collects patient data from simple forms with some fields having combo boxes. Ultimately I want to generate reports that will show a summary of 'counts' of various fields for a given period. For example: In the table I have a combo box for where the person came from, with several options including - "Pick up Y. Bazar", &quo...

sum subform to form

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

chart data from same cell on multiple sheets
how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter sheet1:sheet5!a5 i get a invalid reference error. The values for a chartseries must all come from a single chart. You need to create a summary range on a worksheet to hold the values. This page has a few hints: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ drhamann wrote: > how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter >...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Multiple criteria VLOOKUP
Hi, I have a seven column dataset (A1:G2000) and I want to lookup a value based on 3 criteria: one for each of the 1st three columns, so where the value in column A = X, column B = Y, column C = Z, with XYZ being three criteria defined by three other cells. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm wanting to figure out how to do it without creating a helper column where columns A,B and C are concatenated, and using the concatenating field as a lookup key. Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks....Jason Array formula =3DINDEX(D1:D10,MATCH("x"&"y"&...

mail delivery for multiple email domains
Am running Exch 2003, on Win2003 server, AD etc. We have one AD forrest and one front end Exch 2003 server for OWA and one back end Exch 2003 server for Mailboxes. We have mail coming in for serveral email domains, all MX records pointing to the same Exhch server. @domain1.com, @domain2.com, etc. We have just added another email domain for our new phone system...@phonesys.domain1.com. This server is on an internal subnet and runs it's own proprietary smtp server. It will automatically route incoming emails to call groups (much like ACD phone systems). We have a recipient polic...

Picking contacts from multiple users
Hi SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003/2007 clients. Periodically I need to extract contacts our of multiple users' contacts and de-duplicate them into a final list. What is the mechanism I can use to achieve this? Thanks Regards You can import everything into an Excel or Access database and filter from there, or copy everything into a new Contacts folder in Outlook and use a duplicate remover tool. See http://howto-outlook.com/tag/duplicate-removers -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, H...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Printing Multiple copies
Hello, How can I instruct the printer to cache my pages and print multiple copies of them, rather than send the same information over and over to print multiple copies? I am forgoing the MFC Printing Architecture due to some specific printing issues. and using the following: Logic in my OnPrint: for(i = 0; i < dlg.GetCopies(); i++) { DrawStuff(&dcPrinter); //DrawStuff() does some logic than calls OnDraw() } When I print ONE page of my graphics to the printer, my app sends out 5MBs of info. When I print TWO pages, it sends out 10MBs of info. (Double) I need to sen...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...

Sum Question
I am using Excel 2000 I have the following very simple formula in column j Sheet1 =SUM(B5*H5) I have this copied all the way down to line 40. It shows 0 in all of the cells all the way down. I would like for there to be a way that the cell would not show anything in it UNLESS there was something that it was calculating. For example. I have entered data in column b and column h through line 10, but it still shows 0 in column J all the way down to line 40. I realize that it is showing these 0's b/c I have placed the formula there, but is there a way that it will still calculate but only ...

Sum sum sum
Let me describe my problem... I have a form with with item number with is unique and then i put another form (subform) to linked to record the number of item in and out.... This means a item can have many in and out transactions which make the item number not unique.. My problem is I want to calculate the sum of in quantity within the same item. I want the sum to be keep on increasing when the user enter the quantity. Example user key in 2 then new user key 4 and i want the total quantity to be 6... Please help.... No idea of what i am talking? I will explain... -- Message posted via http:/...

Multiple Installations of MS CRM on the same domain
Can I install multiple installations (Developemnt, QA and Production) of MS CRM on the same domain? ...

Multiple portfolios?
I am testing a trial version of Money 2004 before buying. I'd like to find out from someone if Money allows you to set up multiple portfolios with different investment accounts - all I've been able to do is all the accounts shown in one portfolio, which since there are different investment goals and time horizons is pretty meaningless. Also wonder if anyone knows if you can override the asset allocation tool and input your own allocation, specifically, different target allocations for each portfolio, and whether you can add additional asset classes. many thanks. Thanks for...

Formula Based on Multiple Sheets
I have a workbook with a summary sheet for 25 other sheets. On these 25 sheets there is a cell that is the same cell on every sheet, but may contain different values based on formulas within the specific sheet. In other words, cell D17 on sheet '1' will be different from D17 on any other sheet. On the summary sheet row 1 would refer to sheet 1. I need the cells in row 1 of the summary sheet to look for specific values in a specific cell on sheet 1 and simply copy the value. When I simply enter ='1'D17 it works, But when I try to copy that formula down the col...

Taking sum of a field from sub report
Hi On a sub report I have a field datetot which is the sum of two fields those two fields are in turn coming from two further sub reports of the sub report. How can I take the sum of datetot field to the main report? Thanks Regards See: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:OCWbU...