Summing based on dates - 94113

I go running and have a mileage log. I have a list of non-continuous
dates in column A (i.e. I don't run every day), and mileage figures
in
column B.
On a separate part of the worksheet I want to put a summary table
that
shows a summary by week. So the first column will be "weekending"
date
and the second column mileage for the last seven days. I can't work
out how to put an automatic formula in this second column. Sure, I
could do a manual formula that just sums up the 3 or 4 days in that
week that I ran, but there must be a better way?
0
ajnmxx

Ok, for everything on the same sheet, with run dates in A and run mileage in
B, assuming 'week ending' date in column F (and formula to go into G) and
this formula would be for row 2:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A:$A<=F2),--($A:$A>=F2-6),($B:$B))

"ajnmxx" wrote:

> I go running and have a mileage log. I have a list of non-continuous
> dates in column A (i.e. I don't run every day), and mileage figures
> in
> column B.
> On a separate part of the worksheet I want to put a summary table
> that
> shows a summary by week. So the first column will be "weekending"
> date
> and the second column mileage for the last seven days. I can't work
> out how to put an automatic formula in this second column. Sure, I
> could do a manual formula that just sums up the 3 or 4 days in that
> week that I ran, but there must be a better way?
> .

Just an added thought:  if you put your first 'week ending' date into row 2,
say in cell F2 and the formula I provided into G2, then in F3 you could put
=F2+7
then copy the formula from G2 into G3 and then fill the two formulas in
F3:G3 on down the sheet to build a list of "week ending" dates and results
very easily.

"ajnmxx" wrote:

> I go running and have a mileage log. I have a list of non-continuous
> dates in column A (i.e. I don't run every day), and mileage figures
> in
> column B.
> On a separate part of the worksheet I want to put a summary table
> that
> shows a summary by week. So the first column will be "weekending"
> date
> and the second column mileage for the last seven days. I can't work
> out how to put an automatic formula in this second column. Sure, I
> could do a manual formula that just sums up the 3 or 4 days in that
> week that I ran, but there must be a better way?
> .

How to perform sum sum sum...

In excel change color of a range of cells based on a cell value
Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells to change background color? Use the cell the box is linked to in your conditional formatting formula. If your box is tied to, say, A1, make sure the conditional formula is like: =$A$1="value" value is whatever will be selected in the box. Then set the background color. Squeaky "kwitt" wrote: > Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells > to change background color? ...

Compare cells, update based on Ifs
I need to compare cells to the cell above them and to the right of them. Based on the comparisons I'll need to update the original cell with one of those adjoining cell values. After I finish with one column then I need to repeat the procedure on the column to the LEFT of the original column. I know IF, THEN and ELSE statesments but I don't know VB for Microsoft Office products. Range could be all 65,000+ rows on a workseet Start on ColumnJ, Row2 If ColumnJ, Row2 is Null _ If ColumnK, Row 2 is Not Null _ If ColumnJ, Row 1 is Not Null _ ColumnJ, Row2 Value is ...

Summing up user defined results

sum subform to form

Automatic filling of cells within a certain date range
Can someone please help, I have been stuck on this for the past two days... Column 'AB' has 'Start Date' and column 'AD' has 'Finish date' Row 19, cells 'AI' to 'DW' have the months written as 'J' 'F' 'M' 'A' etc.....from 2008 to 2015. I want to be able to enter a 'start date' in column 'AB' i.e. 1 January 2008 and a 'Finish date' in column 'AD' i.e. 1 April 2015. Then i would like the cells 'J - A' on row 19 to be filled with '1' in each month.... I...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Date ranges
Hi I have a list of predefined dates in column B in colum C formula to show todays date. (i.e. if today = 24-6-06) What I want is D1 to to show B2 (19-7-06) and D2 to show B1 (12-6-06) A B C D 1 1 12-6-06 =today() next date = 2 2 19-7-06 previous date = 3 3 24-8-06 4 4 30-9-06 Any help appreciated. Regards Paul T Paul T wrote: > I have a list of predefined dates in column B in colum C formula to show > todays date. (i.e. if today = 24-6-06) > What I want is D1 to to show B2 (19-7-06) an...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...

Date in 5 weeks from entered date
What is the formula that would allow me to enter a date in one cell (B1) and have B3 show the date 5 weeks from the date entered? =b1+35 Make sure the cell is formatted as a date. rudyeb wrote: > > What is the formula that would allow me to enter a date in one cell > (B1) and have B3 show the date 5 weeks from the date entered? -- Dave Peterson Hi =B1+35 5 weeks * 7 days -- Regards Roger Govier rudyeb wrote: > What is the formula that would allow me to enter a date in one cell > (B1) and have B3 show the date 5 weeks from the date entered? ...

Sum Question
I am using Excel 2000 I have the following very simple formula in column j Sheet1 =SUM(B5*H5) I have this copied all the way down to line 40. It shows 0 in all of the cells all the way down. I would like for there to be a way that the cell would not show anything in it UNLESS there was something that it was calculating. For example. I have entered data in column b and column h through line 10, but it still shows 0 in column J all the way down to line 40. I realize that it is showing these 0's b/c I have placed the formula there, but is there a way that it will still calculate but only ...

Sum sum sum
Let me describe my problem... I have a form with with item number with is unique and then i put another form (subform) to linked to record the number of item in and out.... This means a item can have many in and out transactions which make the item number not unique.. My problem is I want to calculate the sum of in quantity within the same item. I want the sum to be keep on increasing when the user enter the quantity. Example user key in 2 then new user key 4 and i want the total quantity to be 6... Please help.... No idea of what i am talking? I will explain... -- Message posted via http:/...

Conditional formatting date
Xl 2000 user. We have a vacation template with the day of the month listed as (1,2,3,etc) starting in A6. The months are column headings starting in row 4 and are date formats listed as 12/1/03,1/1/04, etc. I set up conditional formats to change the patterns for weekend days. Those are : =WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(AK$4),MONTH(AK$4),$A36))=1 =WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(AK$4),MONTH(AK$4),$A36))=7 I tried to set up a third condition that will gray the incorrect days (i.e. November 31st) =MONTH(DATE(YEAR(AK$4),MONTH(AK$4),$A36))>MONTH(AK$4) This works for November, but does not work for any month with ...

Taking sum of a field from sub report
Hi On a sub report I have a field datetot which is the sum of two fields those two fields are in turn coming from two further sub reports of the sub report. How can I take the sum of datetot field to the main report? Thanks Regards See: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:OCWbU...

Get First date from a set of record 06-16-07
Please help me create a function to 1. returns a value of 1 if the expression ("date") is the first date from a specified set of records. 2. returns a value of 2 if the "date" is the second date from a specified set of records that meets the following criteria: On Jun 16, 7:59 pm, msu...@gmail.com wrote: Please help me create a function to 1. returns a value of 1 in a query if the expression ("RecDate") is the first date from a specified set of records. 2. returns a value of 2 in a query if the "RecDate" is the second date from a specified set of...

Formula Based on Multiple Sheets
I have a workbook with a summary sheet for 25 other sheets. On these 25 sheets there is a cell that is the same cell on every sheet, but may contain different values based on formulas within the specific sheet. In other words, cell D17 on sheet '1' will be different from D17 on any other sheet. On the summary sheet row 1 would refer to sheet 1. I need the cells in row 1 of the summary sheet to look for specific values in a specific cell on sheet 1 and simply copy the value. When I simply enter ='1'D17 it works, But when I try to copy that formula down the col...

Adding Sum
I made a query report with unique records to display,I don't want repeating item displayed in the report. What should I do to sum the other qty delivered in a single item. Item Qty Date Pork 50 08/01/05 60 08/10/05 20 08/15/05 should be Item Qty Date Pork 130 08/01/05 - 08/15/05 thanks & Godspeed. One way Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim dteMax As Date Dim dteMin As Date Dim...

sum command do not display the result eg:=sum(c5:c8)-total not
sum command do not display the result eg:=sum(c5:c8)-total not display the result in the cell even when sigma is clicked the same What is displayed instead? If you see the formula, then format the cell as General (or anything but text) and reenter that formula. If you see the wrong answer, then maybe you have calculation set to manual. Tools|Option|calculation tab is how you'd change it in xl2003 menus. If that's not it, then maybe your values in those cells (C5:C8) aren't really numbers. Reformat that range as General (not text) and reenter the values. abbbalu wr...

Default site on SOP transaction based on order type?
We have an inspection site set up that we use for all material that is returned to us. I'd like to customize SOP entry so that the site id defaults to this inspection site for returns. Otherwise the standard defaults for the site id would apply. Has anyone done this type of customization? Any suggestions / pointers would be appreciated. -- Jim@TurboChef VBA would enable you to add this functionality. The code is fairly simple. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jim@TurboChef" wrote: > We have an inspection site set up that we use for all material that is > returned to ...

Importing Data Base
I’m trying to import a database from Excel. When I tried “Get External Data”, either New or Existing Table, I get an error has occurred message with no details. When I try to cut and paste the data, I get a “The text is too long to be edited” message. Cells have only dates, currency, and short text. I have made sure there is no protection or formulas. Anybody have a suggestion? I am using Office 2003. Thanks Have a look at :- http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Excel%20to%20Access%20Converter%20Utility%20program' Peter Hibbs. On Wed, 2 Jan 20...

SUM with WHERE
I have one sheet with a bunch of records that look like: Name, Lang, Qty Peter, English, 5 Peter, French, 2 Dave, English, 7 .... On a second sheet I want to create a summary of the records: English, 12 French, 2 So What I am kind of looking for is this: English, =sum of $DRECORDS where Lang=English French, =sum of $DRECORDS where Lang=French Any ideas how to do this in excel? Peter Look in the help index for SUMIF -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Peter Carlson" <peter@h_o_w_u_d_o_d_a_t.com> wrote in message news:e1l3%233eXI...