sum cells to reach a specific value and return corresponding value

Hi,

I have a csv table that has data for delivery drops.  If there is more than
one item to be delivered on one drop the there is a total in one row and then
the rows below have the number of items and a product code.

i.e.
5 = Total Items
4 = 4 units product 'a'
1 = 1 unit of product 'b'

the formula needs to recognise that if there are a total of 5 items it will
count the number of rows below to tally a total of 5 and then merge the
product codes and descriptions in one cell using the CONCATENATE FORMULA -

is there an 'if' or a 'sum' function that can count values in the cells and
do this?

Thanks - CL

In excel change color of a range of cells based on a cell value
Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells to change background color? Use the cell the box is linked to in your conditional formatting formula. If your box is tied to, say, A1, make sure the conditional formula is like: =$A$1="value" value is whatever will be selected in the box. Then set the background color. Squeaky "kwitt" wrote: > Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells > to change background color? ...

Excel2007 Replace formulas with {=#Value!} when saving file
The file is in Excel 2003 (created in Excell 2003) format. "FileName [Compatibility Mode] ..." displayed on title bar when loaded in Excell 2007. There are several worksheets in the workbook with array formulas referring to other worksheet. When saving the file a message pops up saying "saving this file in 2003 format will lose information, formulas will be converted to {=#Value!} as the 2003 format cannot handle the quatity of formulas in this workbook". If you select "Continue" that is exactly what happens: poof, most of your array formulas are replaced. ...

How to get #value! to return a value of 0?
My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values in the B2 column are "--," indicating "not applicable". When I use the formula, it interprets this as text, of course, and returns the error value of #VALUE! I want it to treat these as zeroes. How can I do this? I tried doing a FIND AND REPLACE, but it did not recognize any of the "-- " values in the FIND. Can anybody help? =SUM(A2:C2) would be the easiest way. SUM will ignore text. tj "rhodesv" wrote: > My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values i...

How to perform sum sum sum...

nth cell in the range
Within a VBA Module, I would like to set the ith component of my array A(1 to N) to be equal to the 100*(nth cell in a column in excel). How can I do this within a loop? ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi try something like the following sub foo() dim c_values(1 to 100) dim i for i = 1 to 100 c_values(i)=activesheet.cells(i*100,"A").value next end sub >-----Original Message----- >Within a VBA Module, I would like to set the ith component of my array >...

Summing up user defined results

keeping one cell constant
if the formula is A1*A2 on the first row and for each other row i want B2, C2 etc to always be multiplied by A1 how can i do this. At the moment if i copy the formula from 1 row to the next it doesnt how the first as the constant. pls let me know the formula i need to use Try this: =$A$1*A2 And then look up the difference between relative and absolute cell references in the Help files. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------...

Null value won't pass into function
Hi All, I have started tearing my hair out over this problem! I am pulling some data from a table and passing it as variables into a function in Access. One of the variables I'm passing through can be Null, so to avoid trying to pass a Null value to a function as a string (which I gather Access wouldn't like) I created an IIF function inside the parameters so if the value was null, it passed the string "NULLDEPOT" into the function, and I dealt with it inside the function. No matter HOW I try (stacked queries, new variables, taking the IIF out of the function parameters an...

Referencing a sheet by taking its name from a cell
I'm not even sure the title of this post is correct but it's as clear as I could make it! I'm creating a summary sheet of data from many other worksheets. The worksheet names are mmm-yy (e.g. Nov-07). The top row of the summary sheet will contain those same names, with the summary data in the column below. I'm trying to find a way to reference the correct sheet by utilising the name in the top row. Something like ='A2'!C7 , I suppose, but this particular attempt didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks! Paul Assuming that you have "Nov-07"(sheet name) in...

RMS error "Invalid Data Return" on Debits
Credit cards process fine, but the debits error with "Invalid Data Return". We have this same issue. Some debit cards return "Invalid Data Returned" consistently, while other debit cards (from the same bank even) work fine. Try other cards... your configuration might be fine. I'm guessing it's a gateway issue. Jon Wolthuis President Ascend Systems Inc "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f05601c457b1$a50ac1b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Credit cards process fine, but the debits error > with "Invalid Data Re...

when I type a zip code into a cell, only zeros show up. Help?
We have tried format, cells, zip code. When we type in a zip code then tab to the next cell, only zeros show up in the cell. I presume you do not actually get ALL zeros. What number did you type into the cell, is it possible that you have Lotus 1-2-3 Transitions on in Tools, options, transition and are doing a subtraction. I guess you said you only see zeros. Anyway the zip code formats in Format, cells, special require you to choose 5 digit or 9 digit, seems you chose 9 digits and entered 5. and your actual format would be 00000-0000 so a zip code of 07710 would look l...

Cell Referencing
Is there any way of referencing every other column, to each row in a another spreadsheet without hard-coding it? E.g. We want cells A1, A2, A3 ... in sheet 2, to contain, the values of cells B1, D1, F1 ... in sheet 1. Aidy One way: in sheet2: A1: =INDEX(Sheet1!$1:$1,ROW()*2) copy down. In article <c1110bb5.0404290156.2ac69238@posting.google.com>, adrian.rutter@tpg.com (Aidy) wrote: > Is there any way of referencing every other column, to each row in a > another spreadsheet without hard-coding it? > > > E.g. > > We want cells A1, A2, A3 ... in sheet ...

Macro to find highlighted cells
Hoping someone can help me with a macro. I need to look at each row (except for header row 1) ... if the cells in the row say "true" that row can be hidden. If any cells in the row say "false" that row should stay visible. Then for the remaining visible cells, look at each column (except for column A), and if everything in that column is true, it should hide that column. If the column has a "false" in it, that column should stay visible. If it makes a difference, I'm searching for the true/false *values* that are returned from a formula tha...

sum subform to form

Rows with merged cells are not adjusting even w/ Wrap Text and au.
Would be more beneficial to all if you included a description of your problem in the body of the message. The subject line gets truncated after a number of characters. But...... Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......... Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson. http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15 The best cure is DON&quo...

Lookup a cell in a list to see if it is in the list
is there a way to check if a certain cell value is in a list of values? I need to return a logical TRUE/FALSE. Ie. TRUE if it is in the list and FALSE if it is not. I could use a rather large OR function but would prefer a simpler method. I was trying to use MATCH but I couldnt figure out how to change the #NA to a FALSE value. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- quimrider ------------------------------------------------------------------------ quimrider's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29009 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Cell Inset?
Is there a way to set a cell inset (space between text and cell border)? I would think it would be simple but I can't find it anywhere. -- davewill ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davewill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397192 I'm guessing that you mean indenting from the left edge of the cell. If so then go to Format>Cell>Alignment Under "Horizontal" choose "Left (Indent)" Now specify the amo...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Special format for feet
Many html tables list height as x-yy where x is feet and yy is inches. Excel imports this as a date. In looking at cell number formats there is no option to display either a feet-inches 'number' or an inches number as x-yy. (I will write up a separate item about Excel importing the feet and inches as dates.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

Automatic filling of cells within a certain date range
Can someone please help, I have been stuck on this for the past two days... Column 'AB' has 'Start Date' and column 'AD' has 'Finish date' Row 19, cells 'AI' to 'DW' have the months written as 'J' 'F' 'M' 'A' etc.....from 2008 to 2015. I want to be able to enter a 'start date' in column 'AB' i.e. 1 January 2008 and a 'Finish date' in column 'AD' i.e. 1 April 2015. Then i would like the cells 'J - A' on row 19 to be filled with '1' in each month.... I...

Calculating a percentage from values in two different fields
Hi, I have a query called SalesBudget3 that has fields which include: CustomerName, Type and then all of the months of the year (January, February). The type field is either Actual or Budget. My query will return two records per client. The first would have their actual sales for 2008 and the second would have their budgeted sales. In my report, I have the field names in the page header (Type, January etc) and CustomerName in the CustomerName header. The Details sections has their monthly sales figures. In the CustomerName footer, I want to calculate percent of Actual to Budget pe...