SUM and Frequency for Multiple SHeets

Hi....in sheet 1, I have a column that has unique numbers and using the
following formula to lookup the field in sheet 46500! Column H and then count
the unique frequencies in sheet 46500! column A.

=SUM(1*(FREQUENCY(IF(('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207<>"")*('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207=$A4),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207)>0))

How do I change that formula so that it also reads additional sheets (46501,
47400, 43100, 43103, 47300) and only counts the unique combination like the
formula above does for one sheet?  Please Help

You can't reference multiple sheets with that formula. No way to do this for
conditional uniques that I know of.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"BobbyRT" <BobbyRT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi....in sheet 1, I have a column that has unique numbers and using the
> following formula to lookup the field in sheet 46500! Column H and then
> count
> the unique frequencies in sheet 46500! column A.
>
> =SUM(1*(FREQUENCY(IF(('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207<>"")*('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207=$A4),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207)>0))
>
> How do I change that formula so that it also reads additional sheets
> (46501,
> 47400, 43100, 43103, 47300) and only counts the unique combination like
> the
> formula above does for one sheet?  Please Help

Is there another way to go about doing this?

"T. Valko" wrote:

> You can't reference multiple sheets with that formula. No way to do this for
> conditional uniques that I know of.
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "BobbyRT" <BobbyRT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi....in sheet 1, I have a column that has unique numbers and using the
> > following formula to lookup the field in sheet 46500! Column H and then
> > count
> > the unique frequencies in sheet 46500! column A.
> >
> > =SUM(1*(FREQUENCY(IF(('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207<>"")*('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207=$A4),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207)>0))
> >
> > How do I change that formula so that it also reads additional sheets
> > (46501,
> > 47400, 43100, 43103, 47300) and only counts the unique combination like
> > the
> > formula above does for one sheet?  Please Help
> >

> .

Is the range A2:A43207 on each of the 6 sheets to be considered a single
range? If so, I don't know how you'd do this.

You're testing >43K rows per sheet for a total of  6*43K = >250K rows.
Counting conditional uniques in that many rows might cause things to grind
to a halt.

--

> Is there another way to go about doing this?
>
> "T. Valko" wrote:
>
>> You can't reference multiple sheets with that formula. No way to do this
>> for
>> conditional uniques that I know of.
>>
>> --
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>

>> "BobbyRT" <BobbyRT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi....in sheet 1, I have a column that has unique numbers and using the
>> > following formula to lookup the field in sheet 46500! Column H and then
>> > count
>> > the unique frequencies in sheet 46500! column A.
>> >
>> > =SUM(1*(FREQUENCY(IF(('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207<>"")*('46500'!$H$2:$H$43207=$A4),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207),'46500'!$A$2:$A$43207)>0))
>> >
>> > How do I change that formula so that it also reads additional sheets
>> > (46501,
>> > 47400, 43100, 43103, 47300) and only counts the unique combination like
>> > the
>> > formula above does for one sheet?  Please Help
>> >

>> .

New Sheet Macro Name Creator
I'm working on a log of sorts that will constantly be gaining ne sheets. All the sheets (when blank) are based on a hidden sheet calle (in all my cleverness) BlankSheet. I have set up a small form on the main sheet (really it's only a singl cell and a button to activate the macro) so that I enter the name int the cell, click the button and it runs a macro that unhides BlankSheet copies it to the end (the end result is titled -BlankSheet (2)- ) th macro then copies the Value from the designated cell (cell C1 in m sheet) and pastes it as the name of the new sheet (the one title -BlankSh...

How to perform sum sum sum...

Summing up user defined results

Referencing a sheet by taking its name from a cell
I'm not even sure the title of this post is correct but it's as clear as I could make it! I'm creating a summary sheet of data from many other worksheets. The worksheet names are mmm-yy (e.g. Nov-07). The top row of the summary sheet will contain those same names, with the summary data in the column below. I'm trying to find a way to reference the correct sheet by utilising the name in the top row. Something like ='A2'!C7 , I suppose, but this particular attempt didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks! Paul Assuming that you have "Nov-07"(sheet name) in...

plot frequency
I wasn't able to locate how to solve the following problem, so I thought I'd post it here: I have a 2 long columns of data points (XY scatter format). I want to plot only every 3rd XY pair. Aside from manually selecting every third data point with ctrl+left mouse click, is there an easier way? Let's say your data is in A1:A100 with row 1 containing labels. A has the x-values, B the y-values In C2 enter =IF(MOD(ROW()-1,3)=0,B2,NA()) Copy this down to C100 Select A1:A100, hold CTRL, select C1:C100 (Control key used to select non-contiguous data) Make chart in normal way; Excel...

sum subform to form

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

Multiple criteria VLOOKUP
Hi, I have a seven column dataset (A1:G2000) and I want to lookup a value based on 3 criteria: one for each of the 1st three columns, so where the value in column A = X, column B = Y, column C = Z, with XYZ being three criteria defined by three other cells. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm wanting to figure out how to do it without creating a helper column where columns A,B and C are concatenated, and using the concatenating field as a lookup key. Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks....Jason Array formula =3DINDEX(D1:D10,MATCH("x"&"y"&...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

chart data from same cell on multiple sheets
how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter sheet1:sheet5!a5 i get a invalid reference error. The values for a chartseries must all come from a single chart. You need to create a summary range on a worksheet to hold the values. This page has a few hints: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ drhamann wrote: > how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter >...

Sorting Sheets Tabs alphabatically....
Hi, Is it possible to sort the sheets tabs according to their names.?? Thanx... Syed Hi Syed Yes, this is possible with a macro: Sub sortsheets() Dim X, I For Each X In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets For I = 2 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count If Sheets(I - 1).Name > Sheets(I).Name Then Sheets(I - 1).Move After:=Sheets(I) End If Next Next End Sub HTH Cordially Pascal "S. Obaid" <obaid@mercurylogistics.com> a �crit dans le message de news:ubrEf5xYEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to sort the sheets tabs according to > their names.?? > > T...

Income statements and balance sheets
I couldn't find anything on the Money 2004 web site. Can money generate income statements and balance sheets? Gretchen Hembree wrote: > *I couldn't find anything on the Money 2004 web site. Can mone > generate > income statements and balance sheets? * Yes, Play around with reports until you generate what you want, then name it what you want. I have mine generate a schedule E and you won't find that in there either - fuzzbut ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ---------------------------------------...

Picking contacts from multiple users
Hi SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003/2007 clients. Periodically I need to extract contacts our of multiple users' contacts and de-duplicate them into a final list. What is the mechanism I can use to achieve this? Thanks Regards You can import everything into an Excel or Access database and filter from there, or copy everything into a new Contacts folder in Outlook and use a duplicate remover tool. See http://howto-outlook.com/tag/duplicate-removers -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, H...

mail delivery for multiple email domains
Am running Exch 2003, on Win2003 server, AD etc. We have one AD forrest and one front end Exch 2003 server for OWA and one back end Exch 2003 server for Mailboxes. We have mail coming in for serveral email domains, all MX records pointing to the same Exhch server. @domain1.com, @domain2.com, etc. We have just added another email domain for our new phone system...@phonesys.domain1.com. This server is on an internal subnet and runs it's own proprietary smtp server. It will automatically route incoming emails to call groups (much like ACD phone systems). We have a recipient polic...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...

Printing Multiple copies
Hello, How can I instruct the printer to cache my pages and print multiple copies of them, rather than send the same information over and over to print multiple copies? I am forgoing the MFC Printing Architecture due to some specific printing issues. and using the following: Logic in my OnPrint: for(i = 0; i < dlg.GetCopies(); i++) { DrawStuff(&dcPrinter); //DrawStuff() does some logic than calls OnDraw() } When I print ONE page of my graphics to the printer, my app sends out 5MBs of info. When I print TWO pages, it sends out 10MBs of info. (Double) I need to sen...

Sum Question
I am using Excel 2000 I have the following very simple formula in column j Sheet1 =SUM(B5*H5) I have this copied all the way down to line 40. It shows 0 in all of the cells all the way down. I would like for there to be a way that the cell would not show anything in it UNLESS there was something that it was calculating. For example. I have entered data in column b and column h through line 10, but it still shows 0 in column J all the way down to line 40. I realize that it is showing these 0's b/c I have placed the formula there, but is there a way that it will still calculate but only ...

Sum sum sum
Let me describe my problem... I have a form with with item number with is unique and then i put another form (subform) to linked to record the number of item in and out.... This means a item can have many in and out transactions which make the item number not unique.. My problem is I want to calculate the sum of in quantity within the same item. I want the sum to be keep on increasing when the user enter the quantity. Example user key in 2 then new user key 4 and i want the total quantity to be 6... Please help.... No idea of what i am talking? I will explain... -- Message posted via http:/...

Multiple Installations of MS CRM on the same domain
Can I install multiple installations (Developemnt, QA and Production) of MS CRM on the same domain? ...

Multiple portfolios?
I am testing a trial version of Money 2004 before buying. I'd like to find out from someone if Money allows you to set up multiple portfolios with different investment accounts - all I've been able to do is all the accounts shown in one portfolio, which since there are different investment goals and time horizons is pretty meaningless. Also wonder if anyone knows if you can override the asset allocation tool and input your own allocation, specifically, different target allocations for each portfolio, and whether you can add additional asset classes. many thanks. Thanks for...

Formula Based on Multiple Sheets
I have a workbook with a summary sheet for 25 other sheets. On these 25 sheets there is a cell that is the same cell on every sheet, but may contain different values based on formulas within the specific sheet. In other words, cell D17 on sheet '1' will be different from D17 on any other sheet. On the summary sheet row 1 would refer to sheet 1. I need the cells in row 1 of the summary sheet to look for specific values in a specific cell on sheet 1 and simply copy the value. When I simply enter ='1'D17 it works, But when I try to copy that formula down the col...