subtracting 2 cells but only if 1st cell is greater than 0

In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is
, or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0.  i have tried severeral
=if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work.  Any suggestions?

hi
if i understand your post, you want c11 subtracted from d11 if c11 is
greater than or equal to 0 otherwize 0.
try this.....
=IF(OR(C11>0,C11=0),D11-C11,0)

post back if i misunderstood.

Regards
FSt1
"Maureen" wrote:

> In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is
> , or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0.  i have tried severeral
> =if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work.  Any suggestions?
You could simplify =IF(OR(C11>0,C11=0),D11-C11,0) to =IF(C11>=0,D11-C11,0),
but I think the OP wanted =IF(C11>0,D11-C11,0).
--
David Biddulph

"FSt1" <FSt1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> if i understand your post, you want c11 subtracted from d11 if c11 is
> greater than or equal to 0 otherwize 0.
> try this.....
> =IF(OR(C11>0,C11=0),D11-C11,0)
>
> post back if i misunderstood.
>
> Regards
> FSt1
> "Maureen" wrote:
>
>> In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11
>> is
>> , or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0.  i have tried
>> severeral
>> =if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work.  Any suggestions?

2
David

SQL 2000 Reporting Services Error for CRM 3.0
Hi Guys, I have encountered the following Reporting Servies error whenever we attempt to generate CRM reports from CRM outlook and web clients. Only the administrator groups can run the reports. Note that we have upgraded CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I have tried all my level best to grant the required permissions on the report folders. But still the error is there. Thank you in advance for your help. With kind regards, Gech Reporting Services Error ________________________________________ • An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError...

HELP: Visual Studio.NET 2003 building woes .... :S #2
My application was developed under Visual C++ 6.0, ATL, MFC & PlatformSDK Feb2003 (the last VC6 compatible version). I am wondering if PlatformSDK Feb2003 is compatible with Visual Studio.NET 2003? I am having major problems trying to port/build my application under Visual Studio.NET 2003 using the unmanaged/native C++ compiler. I was told that Visual Studio.NET 2003 had native C++ compiler support. I am aware about the new C++ 1999 changes (eg. #include <iostream>, using namespace std; etc). However my errors seem to be related to the PlatformSDK Feb2003. eg: error C2039: &...

Color in Cells
I have a spreadsheet that say in B2 i have three different inputs optinons when i put the letter "A" in i want the cell to turn red when i put the letter "B" in i want the cell to turn blue when i put the letter "C" in i want the cell to turn green is there a way to do this automatic?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com format>conditional format>easy from there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jladika >" <<jladika.16qdw6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jladika.16qdw6@excelforum...

outlook express 6.0 in ms 98
I cant seem to delete any of my sent mail messages in Outlook express 6.0 i am operaitng in ms 98..up to 8400 messages now. Please help ! At the risk of being obvious, click on the first item in your sent items folder while holding down the shift key. Then scroll to the bottom and click the last item. That will select them all - or you can use any range you desire. Then just click the delete icon or press the delete button. Once done, you might want to empty the deleted items folder (assuming it doesn't tell you there isn't enough room there and they'll be permanently delete...

VB Events (Macro triggered by format change in cell)
I am trying to find out if macros can be triggered by format changes in Excel cells. Specifically, I am hoping to have a macro activated when the color for a cell is chenged. Thanks. Hi, Because there is no cell color change event, about the only way to achieve what you want is to write VBA code to do the checking when any change occurs - and this would involve keeping track of all your cells' original (and then newly changed to) colors someplace. Not sure it would really be worth the effort... jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to find out if macros can be trigg...

CRM 4.0
Hi All - Im receiving a "Server was unable to process request." error when the following line of code executes: Dim accounts As BusinessEntityCollection = server.RetrieveMultiple(query) Any idea on why this occurs. The error is very vague, and does not contain an inner exception. Thanks for shedding light on this if you can. Larry B. Try checking the Details property on the SoapException this will give you the actual error. Otherwise turn on tracing on CRM this will log the same information. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and...

moving from cell to cell #2
When I first start up excel and click on a cell, it will not let me release that cell. It's like its stuck on there. It will high light every cell, but it won't let go of the very first cell, and I can't use any menus after that....Any thoughts??? This may help: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=55aeb349-f4d5-4b8f-94ff-f98b605c40ae&sloc=en-us -- Gary's Student "Stumped" wrote: > When I first start up excel and click on a cell, it will not let me release > that cell. It's like ...

CRM 3.0 Inserting Email Templates Without Affecting Existing Subject
Hi, I'm trying to create an email template that can be used as a user signiture. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to be possible to define a template without a subject, however I would like my users to be able to insert this signiture template without overriding the exisiting subject of the email? Is this possible? ...

Copy the contents of a range of cells to a single comment (indicator)?
How do you copy the contents of a range of cells to a single comment (indicator)? I have a range of cells ("n12:n14"), and want to copy the contents into a single comment indicator within the activecell. anybody help? Thanks Mik On 29 Apr, 23:11, Mik <mhol...@safetysystemsuk.com> wrote: > How do you copy the contents of a range of cells to a single comment > (indicator)? > > I have a range of cells ("n12:n14"), and want to copy the contents > into a single comment indicator within the activecell. > > anybody help? > > ...

Does Publisher 2002 work in Win98SE? in Windows 2000? #2
I looked here (http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/publisher/2002sysreqs.asp) and it seems to, but why do I remember a thread in this ng a few months back saying that it either doesn't, really, or with great difficulty? Can anyone confirm who uses 2002 on Win98SE? TIA. ...

Relay Server #2
Exchange 55 on NT 4.0 Box. I want to setup a different Relay server (Win2003 server). What do I need to install on new Win2003 server? Is there a step by step document? TIA "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 55 on NT 4.0 Box. I want to setup a different Relay server (Win2003 >server). What do I need to install on new Win2003 server? Is there a step by >step document? You need to install the SMTP service. I've never looked for any instructions on getting one of those to run, but if there were they'd be in the Windows server docs ...

Reading a cell in VBA
Hi . I'd like to create a filenamne wich includes the contents of a cell i the worksheet that the button that activates the macro . But how do I read the content of a cell from a worksheet in a VB macro -- Ruath ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ruatha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3108 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55078 ..name=range("a1").value -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ruatha" <Ruatha.298raz_1150035304...

CRM 4.0 Outlook client #2
I posted an earlier problem with getting Customizations option to show up in settings when using the Outlook 2007 client. I didn't get much help, so I am hoping that rephrasing my question will help. I received one reply that said customizations were not available in the outlook client, but I have seen it and have been able to get it to appear a couple times in my Outlook. The problem is that no one knows what causes it to come and go. Once I was able to get it to appear by clearing the cache in outlook and clearing cookies in IE. I have not been able to reproduce this one. Th...

combining cells #4
how do i combine two cells in two rows into one cell without losing data for example A1 information here needs A2 to be combined with information here using a helper cell =A1 & A2 Copy and Edit/Paste Special/Values back into a1 Via macro, one way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/mergedata.html In article <E8557060-AE72-4C4E-9523-1F3C897B7289@microsoft.com>, "lyneday" <lyneday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i combine two cells in two rows into one cell without losing data > > for example > > A1 information here needs &...

Autofit Merged Cells? Can we do this?
I have a row that has merged column cells. Even if I choose autofit, it will not autofit. Is tehre a way to do this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you search the group archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* using "merge autofit" (without quotes) as search terms, you'll find many posts on this topic, including links to a macro by Jim Rech that may work for you. In article <kenji4861.vwe00@excelf...

how to remove spaces in a cell/column
hi I want to remove spaces in a middle of a cell/column. regards P.M.SANJAY Do you need something other than the SUBSTITUTE (and/or REPLACE) functions? -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "P.M.SANJAY" <PMSANJAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072F323B-1FF4-4406-8FA9-1AE62C5158FA@microsoft.com... > hi > I want to remove spaces in a middle of a cell/column. > > regards > > P.M.SANJAY Give us an example of what is in the cell -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from em...

Message Box #2
All, below is the code that I use to delete contents of the open sheet. How do I make it ask or show a message box with 'Yes' or 'No' asking to delet or not? Thanks in advance. Cells.Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp End Sub Dim resp as long resp = msgbox(Prompt:="Are you sure", buttons:=vbyesno) if resp = vbno then 'do nothing else activesheet.rows.delete end if alish wrote: > > All, below is the code that I use to delete contents of the open sheet. How > do I make it ask or show a message box with 'Yes' or 'No' a...

From VBA, how do I test for a cell with value #N/A
For example, Cells(1,8) contains #N/A. The following VBA statement: If Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 8).Value = "" Then gives a type mismatch error. Thanks for any suggestions. You could use the .text property: If Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 8).Text = "" Then Or you could use: if iserror(worksheets("sheet1").cells(1,8).value) then 'do something with the error else if worksheets("sheet1").cells(1,8).Value = "" .... You might even be able to use: if isempty(worksheets("sheet1&...

how do I display 2 data series with different starting dates
I have data in an Excel s/s and one of the sets of data has a different start date. That is, i have 3 series that have data from 1991 - 2007 and a fourth that has data from 1996-2007. How do I format this so as not to have a line for the fourth data that runs along the x-axis and then steeply up to the first values in 1996 thanks for your help Sounds like you have cells for the missing values, but a formula that returns "" where there is no explicit value. Change "" in your formula to NA(): =IF(<something>,<some value>, NA()) This puts an ugly #N/A in ...

Macro Help: Concatenate Populated Cells in Column A
Hello all - Here is what I am wanting to do: I have a spreadsheet that has X number of cells populated in column A. I want to write a macro that will do the following: concatenate all populated cells in column A into one cell, separated by a comma (with no space). Column A A1 A2 A3 Becomes A1,A2,A3 The cells in column A may vary depending on a given spreadsheet. I want to be able to use the macro on any spreadsheet without having to tweak the cell range manually. Thanks! Tom -- TJM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TJM's Profile: h...

License #2
Can someone give me a quick overview of the windows 2000 license system. If I use a per seat license, do I need to purchase an individual license for every user that connects to the server or a license for every client machine (i am using XP) that connects to the server. Similarly with Microsoft Exchange. On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:51:32 -0000, "asdfg" <asda@asda.com> wrote: >Can someone give me a quick overview of the windows 2000 license system. > >If I use a per seat license, do I need to purchase an individual license for >every user that connects to the s...

CRM 1.2 on Apple MAC
Has anybody tested to see if on can use a AppleMac and their browser to access CRM? Warren: I don't have the answer but I have seen several posts like yours and nobody has ever responded so i'm assuming the answer is no. It's certainly not supported by MBS unless you're using Win2K or XP and IE 5.5 or better. All you can do is try if you have a Mac around. Dave "Warren O'Reilly" <antispam@spam.com> wrote in message news:OJSVWVhdEHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Has anybody tested to see if on can use a AppleMac and their browser to > access CR...

bank transfers #2
I just downloaded Money Essentials and am in the process of setting up our regular scheduled transactions. I can't seem to find a place where I can record transfers that we do regularly. Like transfers from checking to savings, and checking to joint checking. I used to have MSN money where they were set up and listed in the calendar and I could just record them when it was time. Money Essentials (MEss) is very stripped down. It does not know the "regular" Money convention that a Transfer transaction exists in two accounts at once. So it has no "Transfer" like ...

Linking reoccurring events #2
How do I, or can I, link reoccurring events so that others events will post on another date based on a primary event; such as this, if pay day is on the sept. 10th I want transmission day to be 4 work days prior to pay day and cut off day to be 6 work days prior to pay day. Also I need to be able to tell the system not to include weekends and holidays in the day count. Can anyone help me? ...