subtracting 2 cells but only if 1st cell is greater than 0

In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is
, or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0.  i have tried severeral
=if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work.  Any suggestions?

hi
if i understand your post, you want c11 subtracted from d11 if c11 is
greater than or equal to 0 otherwize 0.
try this.....
=IF(OR(C11>0,C11=0),D11-C11,0)

post back if i misunderstood.

Regards
FSt1
"Maureen" wrote:

> In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is
> , or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0.  i have tried severeral
> =if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work.  Any suggestions?
You could simplify =IF(OR(C11>0,C11=0),D11-C11,0) to =IF(C11>=0,D11-C11,0),
but I think the OP wanted =IF(C11>0,D11-C11,0).
--
David Biddulph

"FSt1" <FSt1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> if i understand your post, you want c11 subtracted from d11 if c11 is
> greater than or equal to 0 otherwize 0.
> try this.....
> =IF(OR(C11>0,C11=0),D11-C11,0)
>
> post back if i misunderstood.
>
> Regards
> FSt1
> "Maureen" wrote:
>
>> In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11
>> is
>> , or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0.  i have tried
>> severeral
>> =if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work.  Any suggestions?

2
David

Combine 2 Merge Pubs?
Is it possible to combine 2 pub's each are a catalog merge to 2 different data sources. If not, is it possible to convert the merge to 'something else' so that the merged info is contained in the layout, no longer as a merge? Thanks -- Kathryn Sullivan Kathryn wrote: > Is it possible to combine 2 pub's each are a catalog merge to 2 different > data sources. > > If not, is it possible to convert the merge to 'something else' so that the > merged info is contained in the layout, no longer as a merge? One of the merge options given to you is "...

CRM Mobile #2
We've just installed CRM Mobile this past Friday and now we are seeing the following errors: MBSIntegrationService Event ID 4000 Exiting service abruptly. Details: Exception details : Source : System.Web.Services Message : The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. Exception Contents : System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An exis...

Offline Sync #2
When i use my Outlook in a different country from the UK, it stops my offline folders working. To get them to sync again i have to reconfigure the offline settings and this happens everytime i come back to the UK. I Have had this problem on two different machines now and con not find the setting to stop, any ideas? ...

Opening in Same Cell
How do I make my worksheet open in the next row available? I have a 3000+ row file and every time I open it, it reverts to row 2926. Without any macro help, the workbook should open in the same location that it was last saved. But with macro help, you can make it do what you want: Option Explicit sub Auto_Open() dim NextCell as range with worksheets("sheet99") set nextcell = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).offset(1,0) end with application.goto nextcell, scroll:=true end sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro...

Creating mailboxes #2
After installing Exchange 2003, the users in Active Directory Users and Computers did not have email addresses. Selecting users and choosing Exchange Tasks allows me to create the mailboxes, but only for certain users. For some users it allows me to create the mailbox without an error message, but the mailbox is not actually created. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brent If you mean it does not show in System Manager, once the user has logon to his mailbox or an e-mail is sent to it it wiil appear in system manager. "Brent Zellner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Calculating hours #2
Hi - I'm still have problems with totalling a column of hours. eg 1.5 hours per day for 22 days should total 33hrs, however the total shown on the spreadsheet is 9hrs. Note: 22+9=33. I am using Custom hh:mm. What am I doing wrong? Thanks - Dave You mean 24+9=33 use custom format [hh]:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dasco" <Cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:59s1auF2ker5aU1@mid.individual.net... > Hi - I'm still have problems with totalling a column of hours. eg 1.5 > hours > per day for 22 days should total 33hrs, however the total shown on ...

combine values of 2 columns
i have two columns in my worksheets, the 1st one contains a link something that goes like: http://www.somewhere.com/page.asp?= then my 2nd column contains a product id. like: 1062 i wish to combine both columsn to give me an exact url for page. how d i do this in excel? i've been testing all the function but no use. quite confused. thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com =HYPERLINK(A1&B1) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >...

Time #2
I need to be able to click on a cell and have it be populated with the current HH:MM:SS. I know ctrl+shift+; will do the job but I need it to be even more simple than that for the end users. One way: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Range("J1") If Not Intersect(Target, .Cells) Is Nothing Then .Value = Time .NumberFormat = "HH:MM:SS" End If End With End Sub ...

VAT Returns on Ver 10.0.0903 (SP1)
Has anyone found a fix for the VAT return summary calculations? We have just upgraded to v10 (from v7.5) and found that on v10 the 'Total value of Purchases.....' on the summary is different to the detail report. Tis difference we found is the sum of the second and third VAT lines on transactions that contain multiple VAT records! (complex hey?). The detail report is the correct figure and all the invoice tax records are stored in the VAT detail table. ...

Rules Error #2
I keep getting a "Rules in Error" dialog box everytime I start Outlook 2002. The error is "MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg." I have deleted all rules from the computer. There are no files with the .rwz extension anywhere on the computer. I connect to the company Exchange Server for mail processing. I have looked at the mail account on the Exchange Server and have completely deleted and rebuilt the both the server and client side profile accounts and the error keeps occuring. The rule that initially started this was designed to move email sent to a specific di...

Exchange to Exchange #2
I am having problems sending mail from my exchange server to other exchange servers. I will sometimes get a message saying that the mail delivery has been delayed but not always. The message sits in the que for awhlile and nothing happens. In the Que I have: Name: SmallBusiness SMTP connector - problemdomain.com (SMTP Connector) Protocol: SMTP Source: Default SMTP Virtual Server State: Active Number of messages: 0 Total message size (kb): 0 Time oldest messagesubmitted: (blank) Time next connection retry: (blank) System: No About an hour later it shows information in the 2 blank boxes and...

how can i protect a document so nobody can delete it #2
This question relates to any microsoft documentsand the document i want protecting is Excel. how can i protect it so nobody can delete the document. (the document itself rather than parts of the document) >-----Original Message----- >This question relates to any microsoft documentsand the document i want >protecting is Excel. > >how can i protect it so nobody can delete the document. (the document >itself rather than parts of the document) >. >You can password protect the whole document, so that nobody else can open it. But if it is on a server where other ...

Clone Addon not working with CRM 1.2
Attached is an add-on we were using with CRM 1.0 to enable the easy cloning of records. I can't get it to work with v1.2. Hopefully someone can look at it and tell me what's wrong. We clone account records mostly. The debugging I have done, indicates a duplicate record error when the create account routine is called. Maybe something to do with the address1 or address2 records linked to the account record??? Thanks -Nathan Below is the text of clone.aspx --------------------------------------------------- <%@ Page Language="C#" enableViewState="false" Debug...

Setting Precision when using &"Characters"& in a cell reference
I have a cell reference as follows: =E4 &" "& B7 &"%" E4 =SUM(T1:T9)/T11 B7 =F2/196 How do I restrict my answer to zero decimal places? -- FirstVette52 If you want to round to the nearest integer use =ROUND(E4,0) &" "& ROUND(B7,0) &"%" you can also use INT and TRUNC although they differ a bit (see help for them) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "FirstVette52" <(My User name is Firstvette 52, too) firstvet52@(my ISP E-mail provider is) netzero.com> wrote in message news:8F34257A-D26...

Multiple IF's in one cell
I would like to find a formula that will allow me to sort/find a name in several columns of names and if it is one of the columns then indicate which column heading it was under. I've tried embedded IFs but I have limited experience with using multiple formulas in one cell. Hello Michael, Are you searching for the name in a single row or several rows? If it's the former then assuming you want to search in A2:J2 and return the heder from A1:J1 try =INDEX(A$1:J$1,MATCH(L2,A2:J2,0)) where L2 contains the name for which you need to search for the latter try this to search withi...

help on formula #2
i want to transfer the data from column K and L to another page based on the answer on column P. If the answer is Y then the data from cell K11 and L11 will transfer to another page, but if the answer is N then the data wouldn't transfer. I tried them before, but I couldn't make them go in order. because sometimes when the answer is N the data wouldn't transfer, but when the answer for the next row is Y the data would transfer but it would skip a row because the last row is N. So, how do I make them go in order so they wouldn't skip a row? thanks -- Message posted via http://...

date subtraction difficulty
I'm trying to subtract dates, to calculate time duration. I'm subtracting column A from column B into column C. Column C is formatted 'm "mos", dd "days"' and columns A and B are formatted 'mm/dd/yy/@' Unfortunately each of the durations is 1 month too long. That is, if the real duration is 4 days, column C will display '1 mos, 4 days' Any clue what I'm doing here? Thanks much. On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:58:10 -0500, Peter <facetious_nickname@hotmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to subtract dates, to calculate time durati...

mx records #2
Hi I have two email domains in my environment e.g. @test1 and @test2. My mail is hosted at a webhosts in pop accounts. Is it possible to use a mx record to poll the mail to my internal domain and then have Exchange perform the necessary routing to the intended users. thanks Hi - what version of Exchange? For Exchange 2000, see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for instructions on how to get Exchange to receive Internet mail sent via SMTP, the way it's meant to do (will apply pretty well to E2003 too) - for Exchange 5.5, see http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index...

using 2004 on two comps. simultaneously #2
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC hi My wife and I both use Office 2004. We cannot use Word simultaneously. If one of us is using it, the other's closes. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks C Silverman Los Angeles, CA On 10/31/09 7:45 PM, in article 59b7fb66.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Chuck_Silverman@officeformac.com" <Chuck_Silverman@officeformac.com> wrote: > My wife and I both use Office 2004. We cannot use Word simultaneously. If one > of us is using it, the other's closes. Is there a workaround for this? No...

How to merge 2 + contiguous cells without lossing data?
I need to merge two or more contiguous cells without lossing the data. Also I have cells that I copied & pasted into cells and I am unable to add data to these cells. Hi Patti To concatenate two cells, it can be done this way : =A1&B1 this will merge A1 with B1. If you want space between words; =A1&" "&B1 You can concatenate has many cells as you like, or had words like this =A1&" "&B1&" "&Last Word" HTH John "Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8599A17-9C76-4C83-...

Sale Proceeds of $0 generates wrong gain/loss in Capital Gains Rep
I have some options that expired worthless and the download from the financial institution reported a sale with proceeds of $0. However, the Capital Gains report used the Purchase Cost (instead of the reported $0) as Sale Proceeds and produced a wrong gain/loss of $0! ...

Analytical Accounting #2
Hi, Any one used the Analytical Accounting module? How is it compared to MDA? ...

localization of CRM 3.0 user interface
Can a single installation of CRM 3.0 simulatenously support users in multiple languages? I know CRM 3.0 is available in a variety of languages, but in my scenario its a global company wanting to deploy a single instance of CRM 3.0 whereby the UI would be dynamically translated for CRM users in different countries. Not yet. It's been mentioned at various Microsoft events that version 4 will have multi-language support. Currently Q2 2007 release date I think Dave Ireland "dMo" <dMo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:802D6F65-804D-4882-8003-CF94994153...

USB Function driver for ActiveSync in wince5.0
Hi I am writing Usb function driver with ActiveSync support in Wince5.0 for our hardware. I am facing something different problem. i.e., My driver is working perfectly for one or two times, after that in will get hang on middle of Bulk Out/In transfers. When I was checking the debug messages, i found the following issues, --> For Ex: When serial class driver initiates Bulk IN, in my driver, IssueTransfer function gets called and I initialize the registers for Bulk IN and writing data into data register. But in the middle of initialization, i got one interrupt for Bulk OUT trans...

Excel Tips and Tutorials Blog #2
I'm currently working on a new Excel Tips and Tutorials Blog for beginners, intermediate and advanced users alike. I need some ideas for common problems or tips that people request on newsgroups and searches on the internet etc. If you could please suggest some ideas to me that I can write tutorials for and therefore add content to my blog with I would be grateful. Please email any ideas or previous problems you have had to mattyboy150279@gmail.com and I will add them to my site with detailed solutions. My site is http://teachr.blogspot.com Many thanks in advance. Mat Read replies to...