Show actual values added instead of cell references? (=A1+A4 shows as =10+2 in cell)

Is this even possible?

I have the following:

A1  =A2 (Shows result of 10)
A2  10
A3
A4 =A5 (Shows Result of 2)
A5 2

A7 =10+2 (Shows result of 27)

Is there a way to show the formula in A7 as =10+2 instead of having it
=A2+A5 ??? Thanks a bunch!
0
Naji

On Dec 29, 1:24=A0pm, Naji <najisaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this even possible?
>
> I have the following:
>
> A1 =A0=3DA2 (Shows result of 10)
> A2 =A010
> A3
> A4 =3DA5 (Shows Result of 2)
> A5 2
>
> A7 =3D10+2 (Shows result of 27)
>
> Is there a way to show the formula in A7 as =3D10+2 instead of having it
> =3DA2+A5 ??? Thanks a bunch!

I know this is possible by highlighting the A2 and pushing F9 then
highlighting the A5 portion of the formula and pushing F9...but is
there a way to do this via formula or vba?
0
Naji
12/29/2009 9:36:24 PM
Check one of your other posts.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

Dave Peterson
0
On Dec 29, 3:06=A0pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> No idea which of the several has the good response.
>

> Naji wrote:
>
> > On Dec 29, 2:26 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> > > Check one of your other posts.

> > > --
>
> > > Dave Peterson
>
> > Thanks. No more double posting. But which post are you referring to?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

I suppose this is not possible to achieve. Oh well. Thanks.
0
Naji
12/29/2009 11:18:33 PM
The post I read sounded like they either had a suggestion or came to that same
conclusion.

I didn't go looking through all the forums you could have posted to.

My response would have been that it's possible if the formulas are pretty
simple.  As soon as they get just a little more complex than real simple, it
becomes very, very difficult.

Naji wrote:

> On Dec 29, 3:06 pm, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> > No idea which of the several has the good response.
> >

> > Naji wrote:

> > > Thanks. No more double posting. But which post are you referring to?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
>
> I suppose this is not possible to achieve. Oh well. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson
0
Dave

Dynamics 10 Upgrade fails "product 949 does not support upgrading
I have installed new instance of Dynamics 10 with latest service pack (new folder). I ran utilities and before I even get a chance to upgrade the data, I receive and errors "Product 949 does not support upgrading from version 9.0.268." We have version 9.0 running fine with Field Service in the set file so why won't it upgrade?? We only use a small part of field service (historical lookups in SOP) so I can't just drop it. Since it's a self-installed module by default, how can it not upgrade??? I believe you have to be at least on 9.0.281 version of GP. I am no...

Check current cell is empty
Hi, I'm getting stuck... If I enter some new data in Sheet2, column A, then this cell will be copied to last cell of sheet 1 columnA automatically. This task can be done now IF the data is overwriting some existing data, no need to copy. my logic is if the active cell is empty, and the target column is 1, then do the copy and paste. else, do nothing The question is: how can I check the current cell is empty? Thank you in Advance Bobocat Sub tester() If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then MsgBox "Activecell Is Empty" Else MsgBox "Activecell Is Not Empty&quo...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Inserting form values into a table

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

move cell contents

Excel 2007

visible cell only

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Adding Industry Codes
I am picking up the pieces on a previous installation of CRM, and want to add additional industries to my industry dropdown in the Lead form. For the life of me, I can't find the proper table in the database. Can someone be good enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks, Chris Chris, You don't do this via a table, you need to do it via form customization. You will need system admin rights, then go into System Customization and modify the Lead form. After making the changes, you will need to publish the change via Deployment Manager and issue an IISRESET. Matt "Chris...

adding name /creating field/query?

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

Please ignore #2

matching contents #2

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

Sum column values that contains text &/or dates
Column D3 thru D43 contain a mixture of values & dates. For example: D3 = 16,026.76 D4 = 11-18-05 D5 = blank D6 = 6,855.34 D7= 11-03-05 D8 = blank D9 = 5,270.00 D10 = 11-02-05 Need sum to equal 28,152.10 (total only values from entry or formulas) Thanks so much. mikeburg -- mikeburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489114 If your dates are text strings which say "11-18-05"...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...