sheet protection with links

Dear all,

I have a sheet that has links to another file.  I would like to protect the
cells with the links so that the links cannot be deleted (i.e. the
formula/format of the link) and replaced by values, but would like to allow
the link to be changed to the corresponding file.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you for your help!

Hi,
before protecting the sheet the cell has to be protected, on the cell where
the hiperlink is, right click on the mouse, cell format, protection, check
the locked box, then protect the sheet

"sthart" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a sheet that has links to another file.  I would like to protect the
> cells with the links so that the links cannot be deleted (i.e. the
> formula/format of the link) and replaced by values, but would like to allow
> the link to be changed to the corresponding file.
>
> Is there any way to do this?
>
> Thank you for your help!

How can I share information between multiple sheets in Excel?
New question: I know now how to use "=sheet1!a1" to copy cells from sheet 1 to sheet 2,3 etc. Is there is a formula that will allow me to enter data into sheet 2, and have it copy automatically into sheet 1 and 3, or into sheet 3 going to sheet 1 and 2? So that I can enter the data into any sheet and have it transfer to all sheets, rather than always from sheet 1 to sheets 2 and 3. Nothing built into excel (except for the formula you showed). But I'd be very hesitant to separate my data. I'd do my best to keep all the data on one worksheet. You can use Data|Fi...

Delete e-mails without link opening automatically
Various ads and e-mail messages will open while I am right clicking and trying to delete them. I have the options set so that e-mails do not open automatically when I view them. So you have the Preview Pane/Reading Pane disabled, then? You don't have to right-click an item to delete it...either just select it and press Delete (or click the Delete button), or hold down the SHIFT key while pressing/clicking Delete if you want to permanently delete the item instead of sending it to the Deleted Items folder. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will...

Call from a different sheet?
I'm wondering if it's possible in Excel to call data from a different sheet. For example if I changed A1 in sheet 2 it'd affect forumlas in sheet 1. -- HisHighness ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HisHighness's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511552 You can link to another worksheet with a formula like ='Sheet1'!A1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson...

Transfer the total of mutiple entries in a sheet to another sheet in the same file #2
How to transfer the total of multiple of multiple entries in a sheet to another shet in the same file. Please help me in this formula ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** ...

HOW DO I CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE SHEETS IN EXCEL WORKBOOK?
my sheets are not in the order I want them. How do I change the order. The data is already in the sheets. Click on the tab and drag it to where you want to. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "joanbaer" <joanbaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F45...

Max number sheets in a file?
How many sheets can an excel 2002 file have if each sheet has only abou a page of text? I'm just looking for a general idea, if it's lots an lots and I don't need to worry about it that's a good enough answer fo m -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The number will be limited by the memory in your computer. Certainly hundreds of sheets is well within most machine's capacity. In article <bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>, bishopwill <<bishopwill.154u1g@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How many sheets can an excel 2002 file hav...

Discussion of Money Plus (M08) feature: Link to Image or File
The ability to associate a scanned receipt, photo, or other document to a transaction has been frequently requested. Money Plus (M08) adds a feature that allows a link to such a document. There are articles about this in Help. Enter "link" into the search box of Help to see a list of articles. In Advanced register, you can do the linking in a credit card, bank, asset, liability, savings, checking account, as well as the Cash Transactions register of an Investment account. The only transactions that I have found that you cannot link from are a loan account and the Investment Trans...

Update Automatic Links Not Working in 2003
When opening a file and being asked "Update Automatic Links?", I respond yes but the links don't update. If I go into Edit, Links and update manually, then it works. The original file was created in Excel 97 or 2000; the feature does not work on users who have 2003; the feature does work on users who have 97 or 2000????? I've seen this, too, and found that I have to press F9 to recalculate the spreadsheet. Thanks for the tip but F9 did not do anything. "Dave O" wrote: > I've seen this, too, and found that I have to press F9 to recalculate > the sp...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

Sheet to sheet copying
Hi, I have two spreadsheets. One called nursing and the other medical. I want to be able to copy certain cells from one sheet to other and visa verca without the need to copy & paste. So I want a cell in nursing to search a column for specific text in the medical sheet, then I want the contents of cells in the row where the text is found to be copied to cells in the nursing sheet. Example: The cells B3-G3 in the nursing sheet to search Column A in the medical sheet for specific text e.g. "G1". When "G1" is found in cell A5 then the contents of cells B5-G5 in t...

Linking Tables 06-01-07
When I link tables - File > Get External data > Link tables..., I can change information in the Excel sheet and the change is reflected in the access table; however I am not allowed to make any changes to the access linked table - anyone know why? Microsoft lost a lawsuit last year, and was forced to remove the ability to update linked Excel spreadsheets from Access. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:OMvASqFpHHA.4496@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Whe...

how do i link my yahoo email to outlook
"Kelvin156" <Kelvin156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B0EDBD-F4E3-46EE-BED4-82161F04DA88@microsoft.com... > a) You put text in the question, not just in the subject. Said text would include information like version of Outlook, what you've tried, what sort of errors you're getting and any salient points that you feel might be needed. b) You pay for Yahoo! Mail Plus and follow the steps at http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/index.html. -or- b) You continue with the free version of Yahoo! Mail and use a program li...

Check Register to Mortgage Sheet
Hi; I am using MS Money 2007. If I write a check in my register to my mortgage company, how do I get that transaction to update my mortgage account register? Do I have to type it in twice (Once to my check register and once to my mortgage register)? I would like to set some stuff up where items in my check register automatically cary to other account items. Thanks for any advice on this. Pat From the Check Register make it a transfer to your Mortgage Account. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mn...

list sheet comments
Hi, I have a sheet with a lot of comments. I would like to create a macro that lists all the comments of the sheet in column F. I=B4ve tried something similar like this: For Each cmt in ActiveSheet.Comments MsgBox cmt.Text Next cmt But I don=B4t know how to list each comment in each cell of column F instead of a msgbox. thanks Dim StartCell as Range dim Cmt as comment with activesheet set startcell = .range("F1") for each cmt in .comments startcell.value = cmt.txt 'come down to the next cell set startcell = startcell.offset(1,0) n...

blank out rest of work sheet
I was wondering how to blank out the empy cells in my worksheet. For example: I have data in columns A-F down about 50 rows. I do not want to see any rows past that. When I am saving the data as a text file, I am getting extra rows in my file for some reason and I want to see if this would prevent this from happening. Thanks... --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 - Release Date: 9/24/2004 Hi Shawn, See the explanation and remedial notes on Debra Dalgleish's web site: ...

Keeping links Static
I have twenty pages of data, that I need to bring into a single page. The data starts on line 137 of each and every page. Also I am only needing the first four columns of each page. So what i have done is for the first page is created a line to each line that I need in my summary page. Ex." Sheet1!A137 and etc for the four columns. What I want to do now is becasue this is already set up, I would like to now do this Ex: Sheet1!$A$137, but do not want to do for each line and each column that I have data in. I know that by hitting the F2 key and then the F4 key that I ...

How to populate one sheet with data from another sheet
I have 2 sheets in the excel file. On the first sheet the first colum is a part num only. The second sheet has part num on the first column and descriptions on the second column. I need a macro or script that will scan the second sheet for part num that matches the first sheet part num and populate the description(at the second column) on the first excel sheet. -- KH One way .. Assuming the reference data is in Sheet2, cols A and B col A = part#, col B = description In Sheet1 ----------- With col A containing part# in A2 down, Put in B2: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"&quo...

No Bound Sheets Found Error Dialog Box-Excel 2000
Hello all. I have a 8.5MB spreadsheet that is the summary of weekly timesheets that are Excel files. I have attempted various strategies to reduce the size of the files. This sheet is all references to other worksheets. Up until two days ago, when opening the file and it asks, this contains references to other files...do you want Excel to update the cell refences, y or N. I always hit okay and it does it's stuff. Now however, when the box comes up when opening the file, I hit okay and it returns a "No Bound Sheets" error dialog box. All I can do is hit okay and a...

Changing from sheet to sheet
Hi there! Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the mouse and click on the sheet I want to work with)? Many thanks! Hi Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDwn is one way. Insert > Hyperlink (and after that clicking it) is another. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Greywolf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:5bfc01c42d6b$c2a26630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there! > > Is there a function that would enable me to navigate from > sheet to sheet in an Excel document (instead of using the &...

Delete values in sheet 2 that arre found in sheet 1
Is there an easy way to delete values in sheet 2 that match the value from sheet 1. I have approximately 10000 rows in sheet 1 and some identical rows on sheet 2 that need to be eliminated? I not sure if this has to be done pragmatically or if there is some feature in excel 2007 that can handle this type of request. thanks Nick If it is the values in a single column on each sheet that make up the duplication, it's fairly easy. Lets say you want to compare the contents of column A on each sheet to find duplicates on Sheet2 (that are also on Sheet1). Your data starts o...

Function to Copy all sheets into one sheet
Is there a way to copy multiple sheets at once to create one worksheet, rather than one at a time? You could use a for/each loop for each ws in worksheets depends on what and where you want to copy next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Des" <cusaty@express-scripts.com> wrote in message news:013801c3b43a$5cb403b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy multiple sheets at once to create > one worksheet, rather than one at a time? ...

How do I create a link to a task from an email?
Hi, When I create an email activity I can send that email 'regarding' a number of other entities, but there is no entry for the 'task' entity in the list. How do I add the task entity to the regarding lookup when creating an email? Best Regards, Iain ...

Convert hyper link to text
I am trying to write a macro which will extract a hyperlink form a cel and paste it as text in an adjacent cell. This I have acheived howeve I have 17000 entries for which to apply this macro to so am looking fo a soltuion for the macro which will enable me to do this in 1 attempt -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Simon, Rather than that, I would suggest using a User Defined Function, so that can put the hyperlink text anywhere, and so that it update automatically. See HyperlinkAddress in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#hyperlinkaddress You can d...

Linking sheets
I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a specific sheet in another multisheet book. I don't need to get to any specific cell in the second spreadsheet, just the specific sheet. Thx, Chris In Excel 2003 or earlier. Insert>Hyperlink>Existing file or webpage. Browse to the target workbook then hit "Bookmark" and pick a sheet and a cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 22 May 2008 19:14:38 -0700 (PDT), spacia <chris_butler@thegrid.net> wrote: >I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a >specific sheet in...

linking a Sharepoint list to a table in sql server
I am looking to link my SharePoint list to a table in sql server rather than to Access. I was successful in making the connection using SharePoint Designer and I can see the data in the Data Source Library within SharePoint Designer but it is not visible within the SharePoint list that I am pointing it to go to. Any suggestions? -- China Doll You need to create and format a dataview web part that includes the fields you want from the SQL source. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "chinadoll" <chinadoll@discussions....