separating multiples digit in a cell into individual cell

I have a series of number sets. When I copied from the MS Word and pasted them into Excel, all of the numbers in the set are pasted into one cell. I need those numbers to be in an individual cell. How do I do it? I think MS Excel 2003 was able to do it. I currently have Excel 2007. Please help.

Thank you very much.

A Wrapper for the Dispatcher class of Threading Namespace to manage thread items
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bce7889e-d2cf-42b8-a6af-2f01a383cff6/a-wrapper-for-the-dispatc.aspx
0
sierra

Hi,

You may use Data > Text to columns.  Select the appropriate delimiter in
step 2 of 3 (of Data > Text to columns)

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"sierra spiegel" wrote in message news:20091117313sierraspiegel@yahoo.com...
> I have a series of number sets. When I copied from the MS Word and pasted
> them into Excel, all of the numbers in the set are pasted into one cell. I
> need those numbers to be in an individual cell. How do I do it? I think MS
> Excel 2003 was able to do it. I currently have Excel 2007. Please help.
>
> Thank you very much.

> A Wrapper for the Dispatcher class of Threading Namespace to manage thread
> items
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bce7889e-d2cf-42b8-a6af-2f01a383cff6/a-wrapper-for-the-dispatc.aspx

0
Ashish

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Delete contact from multiple distribution lists
Hi, I manage multiple distribution lists, and often have to remove a contact from myriad distro lists. Is there any way to pull this off without having to delete the contact from each list individually? I'm using Exchange 2003. Not that I know of - by the way, Exchange questions can be asked in = microsoft.public.exchange.admin. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Stockmoose16 asked: | Hi, |=20 | I manage...

Highlighting blanks via GO TO SPECIAL is not highlighting blank cells
Long story, but I'm now 4 hours into a simple task. The formula: =IF(AND(ISBLANK(B18),ISBLANK(F18)),"~~~~",IF(ISBLANK(TRIM(F18)),,TRIM(F18))) All those trims are to make absolutely completely sure that when I PASTE > SPECIAL > VALUES from the resultant cells of my formula, I need to make sure that blanks really are blanks. And they are. In fact, I made all the boxes TEXT format once I'd pasted them. And I went into each on and checked that they were blank - no hidden spaces or anything. STILL goto special won't mark them as blank. I REALLY need this urgently, ...

Numbers in cells not responding to Format Cells
I work with an accounting software primarily for schools, churche called Logos Management Software. It has General Ledger, A/P an Payroll modules, Reporting and more. Reports can be exported to Exce which I do regularly. Today I imported an income and expense report. In the imported Exce spreadsheet the amounts/numbers in the cells are left justified with sign, commas and decimal at 2 places. Until today�s import, I have ha no problem highlighting the amounts/numbers, right click, select Forma Cells, select Number, select 2 decimal places, comma and the number would move to the right an...

Master image to use in separate sheets?
Hello All, Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use the same image/background for each sheet, instead of needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide). Thanks in advance, drew If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that I could just copy. If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had that background the way I wanted it. Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's favorite). Tnen when you rightclick on...

Checking if a cell is filled up with data
Hi! I would like to write a function that checks if a cell is empty or if it has any kind of data. The kind of datas (numbers or words or bocth) is irrelevant. The only thing that is important is whether or not the cell is empty. Has anyone an idea how I could write such a function? Thanks -- xpucto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xpucto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23748 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374119 =IF(A1="","",A1) Enter this f...

Replacing multiple returns with one

How do I reference a cell to automatically update in a header
How do I reference a cell in a worksheet to automatically report in a header or a footer. I believe it could be accomplished with an Event-Macro at the sheets level. Assuming B5 Text should be reflected as the Header - try this: ------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$B$5" Then ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = [B5] End If End Sub ------------- Micky "Dan" wrote: > How do I reference a cell in a worksheet to automatically report in a header ...

Separate inboxes for separate accounts
How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail came from? Using Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail >accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail >came from? Using Outlook 2000. >. > I'm a novice but I just ask that question and dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice: It is done with rules. 1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.) Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule... This brings up...

add multiple custom properties with a userform
I need to add multiple custom properties to a many documents in multiple folders. The folders, property names, and values will vary so I want to have some flexibility to change these values easily, say with a userform, rather than hard code these. I haven't set up the folder picker part of the code yet but think I will be OK there as I have several examples from here and the Word MVP site and have already written some code similar to what I think I will need. My immediate problem is setting up code for a userform to enter the custom document property names and values in te...

Transferring multiple Sales Order to one single Invoice
Can we TransfeR multiple Sales Orders to one single Invoice in GP-10 ? Not without a third party product. You could look into Consolidating Invoicing from Trinity Computers in the UK, http://www.trinitypartner.com Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "ash" wrote: > Can we TransfeR multiple Sales Orders to one single Invoice in GP-10 ? ...

Order Multiple
I have a component that is set up for MRP calculation, order policy is Lot for Lot and a Primary vendor setup. The primary vendor has a minimum order of 40, and we also have the vendor set up for a multiple of 40. The multiple does not see to work, for example MRP suggests: 4/8/2008 Qty to Order: 40 4/15/2008 Qty to Order: 50 Should be 80, if the multiple of 40 works 4/16/2008 Qty to Order: 40 4/22/2008 Qty to Order: 40 4/29/2008 Qty to Order: 70 Should Be 80, if hte multiple of 40 works We want to order 40 or 80 or 120 or 160, etc. What am I missing? thanks Doug --...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

What formula do I use to show the last cell with text in a colum
I have an Excel worksheet with 2 sheets. Sheet1 is for data entry and will have data in columns to record details of meetings, each row is a different person e.g. column B has details of first meeting, column C has details of second meeting, column D has details of third meeting and so on . I want my second sheet to be a report that shows the details of the most recent meeting i.e I want a formula in sheet2 that looks at sheet1, finds the last cell in a row with text, and copies this text to the relevant cell in sheet2. Do I use "go to" command plus a formula? how? ...

Separating strings in a field to separate fields
Hi, I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code that will easily do this? Thanks, Jaime On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:08:57 -0800 (PST), jseger22@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, >Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate >that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code >that will easily do this? > >Thank...

Launch Oulook Express Newsreader separately
Hi I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to access it, I need to first launch Outlook. Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine. I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro. Thanks I believe the command-line switch is /newsonly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "aJax&...

combine multiple inboxes
I just downloaded the beta version of Office 2010 and have always liked Outlook, but after I created my accounts, noticed that I had a seperate inbox for each account. I don't remember it being like that in2003. But I would like to ba able to combine the inboxes. Thanks in advance for any help MKC mkc;110795 Wrote: > I just downloaded the beta version of Office 2010 and have always liked > Outlook, but after I created my accounts, noticed that I had a seperate > inbox > for each account. I don't remember it being like that in2003. But I > would...

vlookup multiple text rows
I am using the vlookup function to auto populate a template. The area that i have a problem with is i have multiple rows of text that belong to the same lookup reference. I need all those rows of text to populate the field and currently it is only taking the last line. I am not sure if I can do some sort of formula to concatenate those rows based on the lookup value. Saved from a previous post: How about a UserDefined Function? Option Explicit Function mvlookup2(lookupValue, tableArray As Range, colIndexNum As Long, _ Optional NotUsed As Variant) As Variant Dim in...

problem with multiple SMTP domains in Exchange Server 2003
Hi there I have added a second SMTP domain to the Email Addresses (Policy) as follows: Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy > Email Addresses (Policy) > New ... > SMTP Address > @xyz.com > (checked) This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery > to this address > Apply. When I do so, I no longer receive external emails on the first SMTP domain (@abc.com). Is this related to relay settings, or perhaps something else? Best regards Loane ...

cell color if value greater than 3
Is there a way I can have excel mark a column or text RED if the valu inside the cell is higher than three -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Look at Format | Conditional Formatting... Regards Trevor "viveleroi0 >" <<viveleroi0.1c6jf8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:viveleroi0.1c6jf8@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way I can have excel mark a column or text RED if the value > inside the cell is higher than three? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > Yes. Use conditional formatting for ...

Simplify SumIF with multiple sheets
I have looked on the internet for a solution to simplify the following formula =SUMIF(Clin1!E34,$A$1,Clin1!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin2!E34,$A$1,Clin2!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin3!E34,$A$1,Clin3!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin4!E34,$A$1,Clin4!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin5!E34,$A$1,Clin5!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin6!E34,$A$1,Clin6!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin7!E34,$A$1,Clin7!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin8!E34,$A$1,Clin8!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin9!E34,$A$1,Clin9!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin10!E34,$A$1,Clin10!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin11!E34,$A$1,Clin11!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin12!E34,$A$1,Clin12!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin13!E34,$A$1,Clin13!$W34:W35)+SUMIF(Clin14!E34,$A$1,Clin14!...

How do I delete cells in Excel without changing the data in others
I want to get rid of some of the rows in my spreadsheet but the data in the ones I am leaving behind are linked by formulas? As soon as I delete them all the data goes from the the others. Gemma, I may not understand your situation. An example of what I think you're saying is: Cell A2: A1+1. You want to delete cell A1, but leave A2 with the value it currently has. If this is the case, you need to copy A2 and the, using paste special, paste the value back into A2. This way A2 no longer has any formula at all and will remain unchanged when you delete A1. Art "G...

Find Min Value in Row or Selected Cells
I have a query where I have product SKU's with various Pgrogram Prices. I want to create an expression to look at these multiple prices and return the lowest price and/or the heading for the lowest price: Name APrice BPrice CPrice SeasonP FlyerP *BestProg *Best Price Widgit 1 1.01 1.25 1.54 1.11 0.99 FlyerP 0.99 Widgit 2 2.01 2.12 2.37 2.99 APrice 2.01 Widgit 3 1.23 1.22 1.25 1.24 BPrice 1.22 Widgit 4 ...

CListBox
Hello, Can you tell me how to create a ListBox with 2 columns? One is for the item's name, the other, item's status? Thank you Although you can simulate more than 1 column in a listbox [ LBS_MULTICOLUMN style + CListBox::SetTabStops() ], it is easier to use a CListCtrl in report mode. You also get the benefit of naming your columns. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "MilkyWay" <NoSpamPls@email.com> wrote in message news:bpglvf$e9n$1@dns3.cae.ca... > Hello, > > Can you tell me how to create a ListBox with 2 columns...

Changing multiple hyperlinks
Hi anybody! I'm trying to change multiple hyperlinks in Excel. What I have are a bunch of hyperlinks which point anywhere, for example: afolder/folder1/folder3/2003.doc or bfolder/folder2/folder3/2003.doc so basically the only thing in common with all these hyperlinks is that they all point to a 2003.doc in a folder. What I need to do is change the document name to 2004. Please tell me how I can do this! I tried a few things but all either change the first part of a directory or only http:// hyperlinks. Is there a way to change the hyperlinks so that if a macro finds "2003.doc...