Select Month, get the dates

Hi,

I want to be able to select the month from the drop down list and once the
month is selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the first
date of the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used the
formula "First date cell + 1"

any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S. - Sorry for posting this in two forums. I realized later that this one
is probably the right place to post it. Thanks.

0
Gaurav

Assuming you select the month by giving a number 1-12, the formual is:
(assuming year 2010)
=DATE(2010,A2,1)

Or, if the drop down list is actually a list of various dates, and you're
choosing a specific month:
=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),1)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Gaurav" <myselfgaurav@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to select the month from the drop down list and once the
> month is selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the
> first
> date of the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used
> the
> formula "First date cell + 1"
>
> any help will be appreciated!!
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> P.S. - Sorry for posting this in two forums. I realized later that this
> one is probably the right place to post it. Thanks.

0
Luke
5/7/2010 5:44:00 PM
See answer in other group

"Gaurav" <myselfgaurav@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to select the month from the drop down list and once the
> month is selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the
> first
> date of the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used
> the
> formula "First date cell + 1"
>
> any help will be appreciated!!
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> P.S. - Sorry for posting this in two forums. I realized later that this
> one is probably the right place to post it. Thanks.

0
Bernard

How can I get changes to styles to "stick"?
I'm using Publisher 2002 (Office XP). I have a custom style applied to text. If I change the style (font size, font weight, line spacing), the change appears in the document as I'd expect. But if I save and close the document, and then reopen the file, the changes to the style have disappeared. The text looks as it did before I made the style changes. I've used styles in Word for years and have never had this problem. What might I be stumbling over that could cause this problem in Publisher? Thanks. You might have to apply the font style manually. PUB2002: Font Schemes ...

Run report on multi selected records.

date formatting problem: x axis
I have several chart files that are all the same except for one that seems to go back to a formatting problem. I can't remember how I fixed it last time, which was temporary anyway. Problem is this: I am using mostly end of year dates (12/31/94, 12/31/95, etc.) However on my x axis it shows Dec-94, everytime I try to reformat it to the correct format(xx/xx/xx), I get 12/01/94, 12/01/95, etc. Always the first day of the month instead of the last. I'm not having these problems with all the others similar files. The only difference I have seen between the files is the &qu...

Getting Reminders when Outlook is not started
I love the remnder feature of Outlook, but If Outlook isn't started, then I never see my reminders. Is there a way, or utility that will allow my reminders to pop up even if Outlook has not started? Thanks in advanced! Chaz Xaos <chazperx@yahoo.com> wrote: > I love the remnder feature of Outlook, but If Outlook isn't started, > then I never see my reminders. Is there a way, or utility that will > allow my reminders to pop up even if Outlook has not started? I don't know of any program that will perform is job when it's not running, do you? -- Brian Tillm...

Comparative sales reports by day, week, month and year
Is there a way to program comparative sales report by time period using Active Reports or must I use Crystal Reports? An example is a sales report comparing sales for two months; two seperate columns with each column displaying the sales figures for requested months. ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Counting number of dates in a column
Hi - Is there a way to count the number of dates in a column that contains both text and dates ? thanks, Rick Hi Rick try =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rick wrote: > Hi - Is there a way to count the number of dates in a > column that contains both text and dates ? > > thanks, > > Rick Thanks Frank ! Quick question - what do the two dashes do in the formula? thx Rick >-----Original Message----- >Hi Rick >try >=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000))) > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, G...

automatically update chart plotting current month and previous 6
I need to automatically update a chart every month for a report but I only want to plot the current month and six months back each time. For example Feb-Aug for the Aug report then for the Sept report plot Mar-Sept. Any suggestions? This example shows how to plot the last 12 months. Perhaps you can adapt it to cover the last 7 months: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jane wrote: > I need to automatically update a chart ev...

I can't get the exact error meaning.

Vertical line on column chart with monthly data
I am attempting to add a vertical line to a dynamic column chart. I've followed the steps described by Jon Peltier at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html This procedure works fine until I change the base unit on the x-axis to "Days." This causes the columns to turn into vertical lines (since each monthly observation is really for, e.g., 6/1/2007). If I leave the x-axis as monthly and then add the secondary x-axis for the vertical (xy scatter) line, the scale on the secondary x-axis goes from 1/1/1900 - 12/1/2036, which shoves my vertical line far t...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

How do I project monthly income in Excel?
If I want to project my income or cost for Nov. or Dec. and have values in the other months, how can I project what my income or cost would be for November or December based on the other months? A lot of this depends on the nature of your income and / or expenses, which may change from month to month. For instance, your heating expense bill will increase in winter and decrease in summer. Your summer vacation expenses go up in summer (duh) and decrease in winter. When I have to do this work I try to base it on the key drivers for the particular expense. For instance, in a previous life ...

SOP Actual Ship Date
In SOP setup, we do not use a Separate Fulfillment process. So, I'm assuming the Actual Ship date defaults from either the system date or the order date on the date the order is created (because it's also fulfilled on that date). Is there any way that we can have the Actual Ship date default to the Invoice date at the time the order is transferred to an invoice? We're trying to get a SmartList that shows (by item) Order Date AND Actual Ship Date/Invoice Date. Is this possible some other way without SmartList Builder? Elaine, 1. Is there any way that we can h...

Date formula needed
Hi I need a couple of date formulas for invoices recieved, eg. invoice date is 14/03/2010, payment terms are end of month following. so i need excel to calculate that the due date is in this case 1/05/2010 is the due date. Try =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,1) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "d7" wrote: > Hi I need a couple of date formulas for invoices recieved, eg. invoice date > is 14/03/2010, payment terms are end of month following. so i need excel to > calculate that the due date is in this case 1/05/2010 is the due date. > > > Unless ...

Link select with a blast

Getting information from strings
Hi, I have created a database which takes the audit history of tickets, and stores it in a memo field. I have some code which will examine this field to find the first team that a ticket was assigned to, however I have a requirement to build an "assignment history". This history should consist of each team in turn that the ticket was assigned to, which will be output to a text file (I have written code for outputting to the file). I have tried using left$ and right$ to no avail, so any advice I could get would be great. For information, every time a ticket is assigned, an ...

Australian dates in access
Hey all, I have a control box in my form that asks the user to enter a date. It then takes the date and turns it into the default date so that it will show up on the next record. It accepts the date and saves it to the table in the correct format (dd/mm/yyyy) but then when it copies it over to the next form it converts the date into american format (mm/dd/yyyy). I have worked out it must be something to do with the code. This is what I currently have in the relevant section of coding. Private Sub DateFirstSession_AfterUpdate() DateFirstSession.DefaultValue = "#"...

is PHStat available and if so how do I get to it
I need help asap Tamika - > I need help asap < PHStat is Prentice Hall's statistical add-in for Excel. It's usually on the CD that's included with the textbook. For more info, try www.prenhall.com/phstat - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...