Select a worksheet

I'm using the below formula to determine the specific type of equipment from
a list named: database

=IF(VLOOKUP($J$2,Database!$A:$U,21,FALSE)=$X$2,"Desktop",IF(VLOOKUP($J$2,Database!$A:$U,21,FALSE)=$X$5,"Notebook","Error!!!!!!!"))

value of X2 = DSK and value of X5 = NBK

What I need help with is a way of using the value returned to automatically
open the relevant worksheet, ie: If "Desktop" is returned the Desktop
worksheet needs to open and if "Notebook" is returned the notebook worksheet
needs to open automatically. All worksheets are in the same workbook.

Assuming your vlookup formula as posted is in cell X1,
you could place this in say, Y1:
=IF(X1<>"Error!!!!!!!",HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"&X1&"'!A1")),X1),"")
to produce a clickable hyperlink to the particular sheet returned by your
formula
Any worth? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Phil" wrote:
> I'm using the below formula to determine the specific type of equipment from
> a list named: database
>
> =IF(VLOOKUP($J$2,Database!$A:$U,21,FALSE)=$X$2,"Desktop",IF(VLOOKUP($J$2,Database!$A:$U,21,FALSE)=$X$5,"Notebook","Error!!!!!!!"))
>
> value of X2 = DSK and value of X5 = NBK
>
> What I need help with is a way of using the value returned to automatically
> open the relevant worksheet, ie: If "Desktop" is returned the Desktop
> worksheet needs to open and if "Notebook" is returned the notebook worksheet
> needs to open automatically. All worksheets are in the same workbook.
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
    On Error GoTo stoppit
    Application.EnableEvents =3D False
    With Me.Range("A1")
        If .Value =3D "Desktop" Then
            Sheets("Desktop").Select
        ElseIf .Value =3D "Notebook" Then
            Sheets("Notebook").Select
        End If
    End With
stoppit:
    Application.EnableEvents =3D True
End Sub

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".  Copy/paste the code into =
that
sheet module.

Edit the "A1" to suit.

Alt + q to return to Excel.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 15:22:00 -0700, Phil <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I'm using the below formula to determine the specific type of equipment =
from=20
>a list named: database
>
>=3DIF(VLOOKUP($J$2,Database!$A:$U,21,FALSE)=3D$X$2,"Desktop",IF(VLOOKUP(=
$J$2,Database!$A:$U,21,FALSE)=3D$X$5,"Notebook","Error!!!!!!!"))

>value of X2 =3D DSK and value of X5 =3D NBK
>
>What I need help with is a way of using the value returned to =
automatically=20
>open the relevant worksheet, ie: If "Desktop" is returned the Desktop=20
>worksheet needs to open and if "Notebook" is returned the notebook =
worksheet=20
>needs to open automatically. All worksheets are in the same workbook.

0
Gord

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

merging worksheets
Hello, I have 6 workbooks all with a single worksheet. I want to bring them together into a single workbook with 6 worksheets. I can do it via copy & paste, but is there a simpler way please ? I have excel 2007 Thanks K You might want to take a look at Ron's article here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc837974.aspx But for only 6 sheets, it might just be easier to copy each worksheet. You're choice. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "KRK" wrote: > Hello, > > I have 6 workbooks all wi...

Select contact then hangs

How to find link in worksheet?
I'm using Excel 2002. For some reason, when I open a particular worksheet that I work with often, I get the following popup: The worksheet contains links to other data sources UPDATE DON'T UPDATE HELP This just started after cutting and copying a group of cells into another worksheet. Any suggestions how I find out what this is and correct it? Thanks, Brett Since Excel encloses the workbook name in square brackets [...] try searching for [ or ]. Otherwise use Edit/Links, and change the link to point to the current file itself. On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:01...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

Creating a worksheet from others (IF statement)
Hi Guys, I tried looking fort his answer and I think it is answered in parts of other questions but I cant get it together. Scenario: I have a file called invoices.xls which is a workbook of 12 monthly worksheets for the year. Each item in a monthly worksheet is a row that houses project information financials etc (project cost, outsourced cost, project name etc) We also have another file (wip.xls) where we double handle all of that information and cut and paste only those files that we are currently working on. I would like wip.xls to be automatically populated with certain cells f...

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

VLOOKUP: Referencing worksheets whose names contain commas
Hello, How do I make a VLOOKUP formula reference a different worksheet that has a comma in its name? For instance, in Sheet1 I want to refer to a sheet named "Last, First" in this way: =VLOOKUP(A1, 'Last, First'!$A$1:$M$100, 13, TRUE) But the comma in sheet "Last, First" seems to make the VLOOKUP function advance the argument too early. Is there an easy fix for this? Thanks, --David Aukerman Update: It seems that the function as I wrote it *evaluates* correctly, but while I'm typing it in, the tooltip (that helps me determine which ar...

Select Records based another table...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Dealing with Named Ranges when Importing Worksheet from Another File
When you are using range and name functions a lot, what's the best way of importing a worksheet from another file? It goes through a whole loop where asking whether to use the name defined in the destination sheet. I just press the enter down until but there must be a better way. ...

chart in a 2007 worksheet changes positon
I have upgraded froom 2003 to 2007. The embedded charts on a worksheet do not stay anchored. I save and close a workbok. I reopen the workbook and the chart has changed positon, usually to a position over the data. How do I anchor the chart in a given position on the woorksheet? Thank you. ...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

shared html worksheet unavailable
When trying to open a shared html worksheet, I get the following error message: "TOC.htm is locked for editing by 'another user'. Click 'Notify' to open a read-only copy of the document and receive notification when the document is no longer in use." I've tried this on multiple computers, and it has been happening for at least a week. This file is updated periodically, and because of this message we can't update it. I get the same error message on the computer the file was originally created on as well. Help and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...

Change Form/Report Query Based on User Selection
I have a form and report based on a query. I need to change the query based on what the user selects on a form. Using VBA in MS Access 2002, can I change a single field in an existing query from GROUP BY to LAST? This process would be initiated by a click event on a form. Thanks in advance for any help. I would say only if you are willing to construct the entire query string in VBA and then apply that string as the source of the report. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Wayne wrote: > I have a form ...

How do I find the currently selected Scenario?
Hi, Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which Scenario is currently selected. Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards. hi, (?) > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. > I am trying to implement some VBA functi...

Copying File Properties of Excel Worksheet
Hello I want to know if it is possible to enter all the file properties, Title, Subject Author, Manager, Company Category, key words from the File>>Properties>>Summary menu and copy these into other Worksheets automatically. can this be done with a MACRO or script? Trying to find a way to get lazy people to fill in these blanks Serno001 Worksheets don't have Properties. Workbooks have Properties. Why would you want to copy the same properties data to each workbook? Wouldn't a lot of those custom properties be unique to its own workbook? Like Author, keywords etc....