Row Height Adds Blank Space at End of Text

Hi,

We have a spreadsheet where the row height is automatically expanded to add
extra, blank space at the end of the cells. We manually adjust the row
height, save, close, and when we re-open, the space is back.  There are no
extraneous returns in the cells.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Auto Fit does
not work.  Thanks

Cannot Add Report
Howdy, I've created a nice custom report and when I try to upload it to CRM it errors with: Error Uploading Report An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator. I'm logged into CRM as the domain admin which has just System Administrator roles to CRM. I can add it manually to the SQL reporting services at http://localhost/reports, however it appears filtering isn't working, but thats another issue for later on. Where do I begin troubleshooting this? Thanks, -- ...

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

How to add notes to a day?
When I print the day view out of Outlook, I see a notes area on the right bottom of the page, but don't know how to add to that area. Could you please let me know what I'm missing. Thanks On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:19:02 -1000, Warner <Warner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I print the day view out of Outlook, I see a notes area on the right > bottom of the page, but don't know how to add to that area. Could you > please > let me know what I'm missing. > > Thanks If I'm not mistaken you have to take your pen (or pencil) and write in ...

wrapping text in powerpoiont charts
how do io wrap text in charts so the wording does not run together ...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

microsoft query add-in
I have just installed the Microsoft Query add-in to Excel...can anyone tell me if this is the exact query that Access uses, or are there differences in them. Thanks diane :?: Query kind of looks like Access, but it not nearly as powerful. It has several limitations. For example, what I think is the biggest hinderance, is the inability to do Outer Joins in Query. I do use Query, but mainly to bring something in from Access. >-----Original Message----- >I have just installed the Microsoft Query add-in to >Excel...can anyone tell me if this is the exact query that >Ac...

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

Add-in or Reference
I've created a customized LinkedTableManager which allows me to perform most of the LTM functions, within my environment, while using DSN-less connections. I've developed this to be an add-in (or at least I thought I had), but I'm having difficulty with the USysRegInfo table and getting it to actually register as an add-in. I currently have added the mda file as a reference in my main application, and that seems to be working fine. What are the pros and cons of these two methods? Dale -- email address is invalid Please reply to newsgroup only. ...

add high/low/close lines to a stacked column chart
I need to add high/low/close lines to a stacked column chart. The high/low/close values are unique, and each one corresponds with one of the stacked bars. they should be on the same y-axis Or I can add points next to each column of my stacked column chart and then add custom error bars to those points. Either way will work, but I can't figure out how to do either of these options. Thanks Do you have a bunch of stacked bars, and you're showing the HLC for each? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http:/...

Formula to return text
Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I cannot figure out a formula to give me the text in 91 columns below the previous text. Ex. Cell G7 = Unbalanced Cell G95 = NVAA What formula can I use to get me the text out of cell G95 using cell G7. Ex G7+what= NVAA(G95). Thanks. Maybe =OFFSET(G7,88,0) -- HTH Bob "casinel1" <casinel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEBF975E-7D02-48DC-836C-5E7A11C27389@microsoft.com... > Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I > canno...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

Color Coding Text in Calender
I have trouble with color coding my text in Calendar. My calender is from Aug. 2003 - Dec. 2004. I am attempting to color the activities of each staff member. I get half way through the calendar and the text of all the calendar changes to purple. I've tried it several times and now I'm frustrated. PLEASE SOMEONE...HELP ME! Hi - Maybe split the calendar into several files, since it seems to work part way through... M. >-----Original Message----- >I have trouble with color coding my text in Calendar. My >calender is from Aug. 2003 - Dec. 2004. I am attempting ...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

How do I add a Server within Exchange System Manager
Hello, We are using other software to collect our emails at present and I am wanting to change over to Exchange 2003 as it is installed on the server anyway. I had to remove the server from within Exchange System Manager as it was the wrong name. What I would very much like to know is how do I add the server again with the right name. If I have to re-install Exchange how do I do that within SBS 2003. Thank you for your help. Gareth Typically you have to re-install exchange. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q194810/ "Gareth" <gareth_bannister@wenham.co.uk> w...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

how to add those numbers?
I have a column of numbers that I have to sum up, but there is one problem: some of them are formatted as a regular number (sometimes with decimals) and some are formatted as time (8:30 etc.) the regular sum(a:a) formula does not work on all of them is there any way to do it and get the result either in decimals or time or I'll have to redo the whole thing? Mark I think I'd get all those numbers to a common unit (time or minutes or hours). If you have 30 in a cell (say A1) and it represents 30 minutes, you can use a helper cell and put a formula like: =A1/24/60 (divide by the numb...

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid

Sorting Rows by Color
Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? There is but you need to work it. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4f9c9$f734ec80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all > the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? ...

Opening a text file
I have 390 MB data text file, i try to open this file with MS Excel only a part of the file was open. Please help me open this file with MS Excel or MS Access Thanks Khawaja anwar That is huge. Do you need all the data in one single place and/or at the same time? What are you going to do with the data ? What does it contain ? Best wishes Harald "Khawajaanwar" <Khawajaanwar@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:09EC3080-3D08-4E34-B59F-0D5218053356@microsoft.com... >I have 390 MB data text file, i try to open this file with MS Excel only a > part of the f...

Text box margins
Hello Folks When I create a (nearly) full page text box and format this to four columns to fill with relatively small text, each column of text appears too close to one another. If I re-format this text box and alter the right and left margins it only changes the left and right columns, not the two middle ones.] I do have a workaround of creating and linking four separate text boxs, but wonder if there was a way to alter the margins in the middle two columns. Hope you can understand my logic. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation. <->&...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...