Refernce 2 sheets & same columns & rows

 Is it possible to do the following...

Sheet 1
Sheet 2
A             B               C             D                       A   B
C   D   E  F   G   H

     2   3   5  5    4   7

     1   1   1  1    1   1
80		A		      61   2
8		1	#	      61   3
6		B		      61   4
4		2		      62   5

Ok, Sheet 1 has alot of forumlas to get the #'s in Column A, what I am
trying or would like to do is formulate a chart in Sheet 2 C3:H6 that will
format the corresponding numbers from Sheet2 Col A&B and Row 1&2 and place
them in sheet 1 B3,b4,b5,&b6 and return the formulated number from D5 (D5
from sheet 1 is a formula using the numbers retrieved from the columns and
rows in sheet 2 and the columns and rows in Sheet 1....
For example on sheet 1 in the B column i want it to place 61(sheet2 A3) in
Sheet1 B3, a 2 (sheet2 B3) in sheet 1 b5... the C column in Sheet 1 is
referencing where the numbers come from from sheet 2.... so on and so
forth... but i want to do it for the whole sheet...

Is this possible... Does it even make sense?

Thanks

"H/A" wrote:

>  Is it possible to do the following...
>
> Sheet 1
> Sheet 2
> A             B               C             D                       A   B
> C   D   E  F   G   H
>
>      2   3   5  5    4   7
>
>      1   1   1  1    1   1
> 80		A		      61   2
> 8		1	#	      61   3
> 6		B		      61   4
> 4		2		      62   5
>

> Ok, Sheet 1 has alot of forumlas to get the #'s in Column A, what I am
> trying or would like to do is formulate a chart in Sheet 2 C3:H6 that will
> format the corresponding numbers from Sheet2 Col A&B and Row 1&2 and place
> them in sheet 1 B3,b4,b5,&b6 and return the formulated number from D5 (D5
> from sheet 1 is a formula using the numbers retrieved from the columns and
> rows in sheet 2 and the columns and rows in Sheet 1....
> For example on sheet 1 in the B column i want it to place 61(sheet2 A3) in
> Sheet1 B3, a 2 (sheet2 B3) in sheet 1 b5... the C column in Sheet 1 is
> referencing where the numbers come from from sheet 2.... so on and so
> forth... but i want to do it for the whole sheet...
>
> Is this possible... Does it even make sense?
>
> Thanks

Ok, now that it has posted, it doesn't even look right on here.... isn't
there a site that i can upload my sheet and someone else can look at it????

Hi,

You may upload your file to www.meediafire.com and then provide a link in
the post here

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"H/A" <HA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "H/A" wrote:
>
>>  Is it possible to do the following...
>>
>> Sheet 1
>> Sheet 2
>> A             B               C             D                       A   B
>> C   D   E  F   G   H
>>
>>      2   3   5  5    4   7
>>
>>      1   1   1  1    1   1
>> 80 A       61   2
>> 8 1 #       61   3
>> 6 B       61   4
>> 4 2       62   5
>>

>> Ok, Sheet 1 has alot of forumlas to get the #'s in Column A, what I am
>> trying or would like to do is formulate a chart in Sheet 2 C3:H6 that
>> will
>> format the corresponding numbers from Sheet2 Col A&B and Row 1&2 and
>> place
>> them in sheet 1 B3,b4,b5,&b6 and return the formulated number from D5 (D5
>> from sheet 1 is a formula using the numbers retrieved from the columns
>> and
>> rows in sheet 2 and the columns and rows in Sheet 1....
>> For example on sheet 1 in the B column i want it to place 61(sheet2 A3)
>> in
>> Sheet1 B3, a 2 (sheet2 B3) in sheet 1 b5... the C column in Sheet 1 is
>> referencing where the numbers come from from sheet 2.... so on and so
>> forth... but i want to do it for the whole sheet...
>>
>> Is this possible... Does it even make sense?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Ok, now that it has posted, it doesn't even look right on here.... isn't
> there a site that i can upload my sheet and someone else can look at
> it????

0
Ashish
1/13/2010 12:42:02 AM
file has been uploaded to www.Mediafire.com is there anything else I should
do or will someone see it???

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You may upload your file to www.meediafire.com and then provide a link in
> the post here
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ashish Mathur
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> www.ashishmathur.com
>
> "H/A" <HA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "H/A" wrote:
> >
> >>  Is it possible to do the following...
> >>
> >> Sheet 1
> >> Sheet 2
> >> A             B               C             D                       A   B
> >> C   D   E  F   G   H
> >>
> >>      2   3   5  5    4   7
> >>
> >>      1   1   1  1    1   1
> >> 80 A       61   2
> >> 8 1 #       61   3
> >> 6 B       61   4
> >> 4 2       62   5
> >>

> >> Ok, Sheet 1 has alot of forumlas to get the #'s in Column A, what I am
> >> trying or would like to do is formulate a chart in Sheet 2 C3:H6 that
> >> will
> >> format the corresponding numbers from Sheet2 Col A&B and Row 1&2 and
> >> place
> >> them in sheet 1 B3,b4,b5,&b6 and return the formulated number from D5 (D5
> >> from sheet 1 is a formula using the numbers retrieved from the columns
> >> and
> >> rows in sheet 2 and the columns and rows in Sheet 1....
> >> For example on sheet 1 in the B column i want it to place 61(sheet2 A3)
> >> in
> >> Sheet1 B3, a 2 (sheet2 B3) in sheet 1 b5... the C column in Sheet 1 is
> >> referencing where the numbers come from from sheet 2.... so on and so
> >> forth... but i want to do it for the whole sheet...
> >>
> >> Is this possible... Does it even make sense?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> > Ok, now that it has posted, it doesn't even look right on here.... isn't
> > there a site that i can upload my sheet and someone else can look at
> > it????

You have to provide the URL link that MediaFire gave to your uploaded file.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:35:01 -0800, H/A <HA@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>file has been uploaded to www.Mediafire.com is there anything else I should
>do or will someone see it???
>
>"Ashish Mathur" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You may upload your file to www.meediafire.com and then provide a link in
>> the post here
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ashish Mathur
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> www.ashishmathur.com
>>
>> "H/A" <HA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Ok, now that it has posted, it doesn't even look right on here.... isn't
>> > there a site that i can upload my sheet and someone else can look at
>> > it????

0
Gord
1/13/2010 9:04:52 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?j5rzm3mgtoy

Does this work???

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> You have to provide the URL link that MediaFire gave to your uploaded file.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:35:01 -0800, H/A <HA@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >file has been uploaded to www.Mediafire.com is there anything else I should
> >do or will someone see it???
> >
> >"Ashish Mathur" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You may upload your file to www.meediafire.com and then provide a link in
> >> the post here
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Ashish Mathur
> >> Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> www.ashishmathur.com
> >>
> >> "H/A" <HA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> .

Does any one know how i can tell if someone responded to the file below???

"H/A" wrote:

> http://www.mediafire.com/?j5rzm3mgtoy
>
> Does this work???
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
> > You have to provide the URL link that MediaFire gave to your uploaded file.
> >

> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:35:01 -0800, H/A <HA@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >file has been uploaded to www.Mediafire.com is there anything else I should
> > >do or will someone see it???

> > .

Has anyone been able to solve the excel sheet from below????

"H/A" wrote:

> Does any one know how i can tell if someone responded to the file below???
>
> "H/A" wrote:
>
> > http://www.mediafire.com/?j5rzm3mgtoy
> >
> > Does this work???
> >
> > "Gord Dibben" wrote:
> >
> > > You have to provide the URL link that MediaFire gave to your uploaded file.
> > >

> > > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

> > > .

Hi,

I think I have a solution - have used data tables.  Kindly check the result
and post back.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymjqw1w4rqj/Exel Test charting-ashish.xlsx

--

> Has anyone been able to solve the excel sheet from below????
>
> "H/A" wrote:
>
>> Does any one know how i can tell if someone responded to the file
>> below???
>>
>> "H/A" wrote:
>>
>> > http://www.mediafire.com/?j5rzm3mgtoy
>> >
>> > Does this work???

0
Ashish

Money Small Business #2
Hello - I am in the process of looking for a Small Business Billing package and was told that the Small Business Version of Money may have everything I need. I am looking for software that can keep up with my client info, reoccuring billing, invoicing, statements, AR & AP, GL, Aging accounts, Taking Payments, customize invoices, statements, Reports, etc..... I downloaded the demo version from Microsoft's site, but it seems to be more personal finance oriented. Is there anyone out there using the Small Business version that could tell me what that package does before I invest the tim...

Store Procedures in CRM 1.2 no consistant
Hi, When running the Upgrade adviser, i get the following problem. Stored procedures in CRM DB not consistant with CRm 1.2??? Seems some of them are lost??? Don't know how or why but i need to know how to fix... , Secondly, the MSSearch Service will not start, Anyone had problems with this, says it can't find the file specified??? ...

How to determine which CRM 1.2 Hotfixes are installed
Hi, I have to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I found in "Add/Remove Programs" of the actual server that there are 2 CRM hotfixes installed. Unfortunately, all I can see is "Microsoft CRM Hotfix". No more information is given if I click on the link "Click here for support information" on those 2 hotfixes. How can I determine what are those 2 hotfixes installed? Any help will be appreciated, Thanks, -- Al ...

how to underline a column header with dash-dot-dot?
Does anyone know how to do this? I need to underline a column header with a dash-dot-dot, and I can not figure it out. In Access? I don't believe it's possible. In some other product? You'll need to repost in a newsgroup related to that specific product. When you do so, you should identify the specific version of the product, as well as what operating system you're using. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "lost" <lost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D9E1AD5-37F5-4CB6-8818...

Installation of Outlook 2003 #2
After I installed the program on windows XP, I tried to work in the program and this message came up after I clicked the icon. "If you are using an exhange server 3-mail account, you can cancel pending server request by clicking the Outlook Icon in the notifications area. Then click cancel requests on the shortcutmenu. Where is the notification area?? Thanks, Tommy Formerly known as the system tray. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Tommy Hawk <anonymous@di...

How to select other form's Treeview item #2
Examples: I want create new project and two Button. (Button Click: Control other program's Treeview like outlook have Folders. ) When I click button1 Outlook Express folders selected item is 'Inbox'.click button2 selected 'newsgroups.borland.com' ...

wrap a row
Sorry if this is redundant, but I'm looking for a way print a row in excel and have it wrap to 2 lines (not wrap text within a cell). An example would be a spread sheet with 6 columns. The first 5 are simple columns of proj, task, lead, strt, end. Column 6 is a detl text box. I would like column 6 to be printed under the first 5 columns: Entered as: proj task lead strt end detl c111 1001 john 01/01/04 02/28/04 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccccccccccccccccc Printed as: proj ...

outlook97 #2
I have installed outlook 97 on an XP pro machine on a lan. Outlook takes a long time in opening, and when i open a message sometimes it gives me a run time error. Is outlook 97 compatible with XP ? and if it is are there some installation tips. thanks mauro.marchionni@enerpac.it <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is outlook 97 compatible with XP ? It works fine on my XP computer. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't ...

Finding sheet one
A worksheet I need has dissapeared - no longer does 'Sheet one' show, only 2 & 3; how do I retrieve sheet one? try format>sheet>unhide -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote in message news:OrZ6zHLzEHA.2200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > A worksheet I need has dissapeared - no longer does 'Sheet one' show, only 2 > & 3; how do I retrieve sheet one? > > Format>Sheet>Unhide? Or maybe you deleted it, in which case it is gone if you have saved the workbook since. Gord Dibben ...

Format all sheets in one Workbook
I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has offered on the formatting issue in Excel. If you would like to format all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you are currently viewing. I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from the file menu. It is the same thing as the repeat columns ...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...

Outbox and Sentbox #2
Messages which have been sent no longer disappear from the Outbox and do not appear in the Sentbox. I can move any messages from Outbox to DeletedItemsbox, and empty that box, thus reducing the messages in Outbox. This has also reduced size of .pst file from 288 MBs to 229 MBs. But I cannot delete or move to DeletedItemsbox the existing messages in the Sentbox. By "existing" I mean those that were there before this problem occurred. Version is Microsoft Outlook 98 Internet Mail Only. ...

need to transpose 3 or 4 columns to one column
The matrix below represents what I need to do in Excel. I need to transpose the data from row 1 of C1, C2, C3 and C4 to rows 1-4 of C5 then repeat for each additional row of C1-C4. I think I might need a macro but I have no idea how to write it. Any help would be appreciated. My data set is too large to utilize cut and paste special. Thank you for your responses. Rufus C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 5 4 3 5 5 4 3 4 5 4 5 4 3 2 3 5 4 3 4 5 5 4 3 2 Rufus, If your example table is entered in cells A1:D4, enter this into cell E2, and copy down until it returns #REF ...

Counting how many records have writing in two columns.
I am trying to finish a report that is to include a current calculation of: # of total employees, # of hourly employees, # of salary employees, # of employees on leave, # of current employees (not on leave), and finall (the part I am having trouble with), # of salary employees on leave and current salary employees as well as current hourly employees and hourly employees on leave. I have four columns in my table and query I am linking from (hourly, salary, LOA (means they on on leave), and schedule (means they are current). For the first few calculations I just had it count the number of...

save as html #2
Hello, Is there any way, or a macro, that will allow me to save a worksheet in Office XP as HTML without using style tags (like office 97). I don't need, or want, excel to do CSS for me. Thanks, Woody I think that you may find it less frustrating to just create the table Frontpage or other html editor than trying to convert an Excel sheet to html. At least, that has been my experience. -- Ron Port Dover Ontario "Lynwood Dunseith" <news@circusmonkeys.com> wrote in message news:20031112165703984-0600@news-server.houston.rr.com... > Hello, > > Is there any way...

Excel 2003 autofill "object" eyesore #2
In Excel 2003 when I do an autofill (grab the corner of a cell and drag across several cells) I get an ugly autofill icon named "Auto Fill Options" that does not appear in earlier versions. this thing is useless and hideous - and I can't find a way to supress this eyesore so it no longer appears. Any ideas? Thanks! Steve I feel your pain.... :-) In Office XP, not sure if it's the same in all...but go to the Tools menu, select Options, choose the Edit tab, under settings on the right hand side, uncheck the box that says "Show Paste Option Buttons". Hav...

Randomly Choose Cells from Colum/Row
hello. i'm not sure if this is possible, but i'm trying to randomly select multiple cells from a colum to be evaluated. for example, say i have a clumn of 10 cells. i'd like this function in another cell to select 3 cells from the 10 at random. is this possible? thanks In a column next to the column containing the ten data items enter: =RAND() and copy down. Touch F9 and then sort by the newly entered column. This will "randomize" your data. Just take the top three cells. Whenever you want a new sample, repeat the process -- Gary''s Student "J&qu...

editing #2
While taking a test for Excel 7.0 I was posed the question "Perform the steps that will put you in the edit mode" Can anyone help me to know what this is asking and how to do it? Thanks!!! Press F2 or double click the cell. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "debbeb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e0c501c3f0cd$8fe24b00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > While taking a test for Excel 7.0 I was posed the > question "Perform the steps that will put you in the edit > mode" Can anyone help me to know what this is asking and > how ...

Jet 2.0 dB corruption under Vista
Old VB 3.0 app using Jet 2.0 engine runs fine under very OS from 3.1 to XP but hangs then corrupts DB under Vista Home Premium. All running locally - not network shared, so that KB article doesn't apply (seems to be for 4.0 anyway). Any thoughts or is this the final nail in the coffin for Vista? It came pre-installed on the laptop, and I've had just about enough of the problems caused by this OS and might upgrade to XP... On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:31:31 -0700, "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote: >Old VB 3.0 app using Jet 2.0 engine runs fine >under very OS f...

View row and column headings
I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and column headings and the select all button. How do I re- display? Tools>Options>View tab>check the Row and Column Headers box>OK. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072b01c39939$984acb50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and > column headings and the select all button. How do I re- > display? ...

Display No. of Rows in Status Bar
Hello: I'm using Excel 2003. Up until recently, whenever I apply an autofilter, my status bar would display the number of rows returned, e.g.: "25 of 100 records found". For some reason it has stopped doing that, and now just says "Filter Mode". I right clicked on the status bar, and chose "Count". It didn't help. Right now I have it on "None", which is what it was on when the row count was displaying before. I don't believe I turned anything off, but I'd sure like to have that feature back. OBTW: I had this problem a mont...

deleted user #2
I created a new user "Joe Bloggs" logon name "jo" and associated mailbox in active directory. I used it during the day receiving and sending email. The same day I deleted Joe Bloggs from active directory, marking the asociated mailbox for deletion. I created a "NEW" Jo Bloggs with the same logon as above(which I beleive exchange uses to name the new user mailbox) Is it possible to recover the original Joe Bloggs mailbox or somehow merge it into the new Joe Bloggs.? Note that I now have two mailboxes with the same name in our Storage group. This all hap...

To Chip Pearson
Hi Chip, I had the Analysis Toolpak add-in enabled Andy "Andy" <atkchung@net-yan.com> �b�l�� news: �����g... > Hi Chip, > > I downloaded the Excel calendar from your website, tried it and had problem, > the line causing the problem is > > Range("StatusCell").Value = Format(TempDate, "mmm d, yyyy") _ > & " " & Format(DayOfYear(TempDate), "##0") & _ > NumberSuffix(DayOfYear(TempDate)) & " day of year." & _ > " Days From Now: " & F...

Crystal Reports 9.2.3 and CRM
Hi, I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Version 9.2.3. I know the recommanded version is 9.2.2 but was just wondering if somebody successfully worked with 9.2.3/CRM Thanks Eric I have used a version line 9.2.4 so I would assume yes it will work. Only way to be sure is to try it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Eric" <NOSPAMerich742001@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:%23GB4wV9SFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Ve...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook #2
Windows did an automatic update and when it restarted, I got the message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I ran the command "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" then I got the message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using." Does anyone have a remedy to this? Please help! Thanks! What version of Outlook? "go4life" <thmickens@verizon.net> wrote in message news:75687118-60e9-45a1-9826-2a674affed19@j9g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Windo...