Record time by formula

hi,

i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple time.
Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
Pls Suggest

????????????????????

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple
> time.
> Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
> Pls Suggest

0
ozgrid
4/29/2010 3:00:13 AM
i want to record start time and end time multiple times on single worksheet
without using macro. Pls suggest any formula for same as =now() does not help.

karim.

"ozgrid.com" wrote:

> ????????????????????
>

> --
> Regards
> Dave Hawley
> www.ozgrid.com
> "karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple
> > time.
> > Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
> > Pls Suggest

What's you question? Don't be so vague...

--
>i want to record start time and end time multiple times on single worksheet
> without using macro. Pls suggest any formula for same as =now() does not
> help.
>
> karim.
>

> "ozgrid.com" wrote:
>
>> ????????????????????
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Dave Hawley
>> www.ozgrid.com
>> "karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple
>> > time.
>> > Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
>> > Pls Suggest

0
ozgrid
4/29/2010 3:31:14 AM
i want to create a worksheet where multiple data has to feed and each entry
should record its entry time.

i dont want to use macro.

Pls suggest

"ozgrid.com" wrote:

> What's you question? Don't be so vague...
>

> --
> Regards
> Dave Hawley
> www.ozgrid.com
> "karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i want to record start time and end time multiple times on single worksheet
> > without using macro. Pls suggest any formula for same as =now() does not
> > help.
> >
> > karim.
> >

> > "ozgrid.com" wrote:
> >
> >> ????????????????????
> >>

> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Dave Hawley
> >> www.ozgrid.com
> >> "karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Karim

You cannot record the time automatically using formulas. You will have to
use VBA- worksheet/workbook events...

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"karim" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple time.
> Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
> Pls Suggest
hi
there is no formula that will display the time that is not volital meaning
that it is keyed to the system clock and will update to the current time each
time the sheet calculates formulas.
the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + :  will insert the current time(system
clock) into a selected cell but that is a manual process.
if that is not what you want, vb is about all that is left.

Regards
FSt1

"karim" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple time.
> Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
> Pls Suggest
If starting time is 3:20:35pm use the formula, =TIME(15,20,35)
and custom format the cell h:mm:ss AM/PM. Excel uses military time.

"karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i want to record start time and end time multiple times on single worksheet
> without using macro. Pls suggest any formula for same as =now() does not
> help.
>
> karim.
>

> "ozgrid.com" wrote:
>
>> ????????????????????
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Dave Hawley
>> www.ozgrid.com
>> "karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple
>> > time.
>> > Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
>> > Pls Suggest

0
Tom
4/29/2010 7:23:22 AM
Another way. Use =NOW() to capture the starting/ending time. Then copy that
cell and paste itself as a value to freeze it and delete the date in front.

"karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i want to record start time and end time multiple times on single worksheet
> without using macro. Pls suggest any formula for same as =now() does not
> help.
>
> karim.
>

> "ozgrid.com" wrote:
>
>> ????????????????????
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Dave Hawley
>> www.ozgrid.com
>> "karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple
>> > time.
>> > Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
>> > Pls Suggest

0
Tom
4/29/2010 7:35:53 AM
Another possibility if you are comfortable with Circular References:

In B1:

=IF(A1="",NOW(),B1)

Press F9 to force a re-calculation before entering data in A1, once data is
entered in A1 whatever was in B1 will stay there.

"karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i want to record start time and end time multiple times on single worksheet
> without using macro. Pls suggest any formula for same as =now() does not
> help.
>
> karim.
>

> "ozgrid.com" wrote:
>
>> ????????????????????
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Dave Hawley
>> www.ozgrid.com
>> "karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple
>> > time.
>> > Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro.
>> > Pls Suggest

0
Steve
4/29/2010 10:17:27 AM
Just to add...

When I want to include the date and time in the cell, I use:

ctrl-;(spacecharacter)ctrl-:

--

Dave Peterson
0

Extracting Polynomial formulae from a chart
I create polynomial trend lines from points that are charted. Excel wil display the poly formula, but I can not make it dynamic. Any ideas as t how to link the formula back into the spreadsheet? Cutting and pasting is no solution (the ^ is lost as the formul display x4 rather than ^4 etc) Regard -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use LINEST to calculate the coefficients in the worksheet. Bernard Liengme shows how in his web site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services ...

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

$500 A Day
$500 A Day - Your Work From Your Home Part Time! -Your job will consist mostly of sending and receiving emails. You will also be filling in short forms on the internet. For every email that is successfully processed you will earn $15 to $25 depending on the email. http://tinyurl.com/dhwqvt ...

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Need formula to add increments of 0.16 seconds to time
Need assistance in development of a formula to add increments of 0.16 seconds to time formated as 00:00:00.00 (hh:mm:ss.00). Tim, =A2 + TIMEVALUE("0:0:0.16") -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Tim Ashcom" <Tim Ashcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6D45229-0751-4106-A907-90DEBD806F1D@microsoft.com... > Need assistance in development of a formula to add increments of 0.16 > seconds > to time formated as 00:00:00.00 (hh:mm:ss.00). Hi, Say the date/time is in A1, use: = A1 + 16 * (1/24/60/60/100) ie: one day is 1 for excel...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Use Different Delivery times for oversize messages
Hi. I having a problem with setting up the option "Use Different Delivery times for oversize messages" When I set the option in the SMTP connector its all look fine. And when I send a mail that is big in size than I can see in the queues that it is schedule to be sent at night. the problem : when it's time to send the mail the server is not sending them... or sometimes it is sending only one mail and the rest is "stuck" Any ides??? Thanks in advance Another thing that I have been notice is that in the queue's you can see that only one message is schedule...

Date/Time field
I though this would be a simple fix, but I am stuck. I have a date/time text box that is used to filter with. There is a format mask of 00/00/0000; My problem is that when the text box is clicked on, if the cursor is in the middle of the format mask that is where you start typing, so if you want to start from the beginning you have to backspace to the start. I would like the on click event to start as far left as possible so that there is no need to backspace to get tot the beginning. Thanks for the help. "Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

Time Format or Time conversion
Good Morning everyone, I have a csv I imprted to Excel2000 and have a column of times like 1:05 PM. I went in to change the format to be like hh:mm:ss which should give me 13:05:00. If you look at the column it does look like that but if I click on a cell it shows 1:05 PM. How do i change this so I get just the hh:mm:ss? Thanks for any help I presume you have already tried formatting as time? If not, try it. If you have the value is a text and requires conversion to time. There is a trick to do this without complex formula. Simply multiply the value by 1. You can either do this in a...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

time #11
I have set up a spreadsheet with time based on what our company truck drivers work. We work under a DOT rule of 70 hours / 8 days. That means that the driver can not work more than 70 hours in an 8 day period. The sheets I have (one for each month) goes back 7 days plus the current day and calculated how many hours a day the driver works and subtracts it from 70, leaving how many hours they can work the next day. If the calculation gets to 0 or above, the cell changes color to alert me that the driver's 70 hours are up and he/she has to have 34 hours off before he/she can be on duty ...

Remove Formula
Recently I got excellent help on how to fix my dates which were entered improperly. Worked like a dream. Now I need help on how to resolve the current problem. I have the old date column A - ddmmyyyy I have beside, in Column B, it the proper converted date as yyyymmdd with the formula in that column cell. If I remove the first column (A) the second column data disappears. If I remove the formula from the second column (B) that data disappears. I only want to have one date column left - the second (B) which holds the formula - but I don't want the formula any more. Any ideas? Many t...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

formula bar, cell pointer & toolbar
Hi once again, I just want to ask your advise for the ff. 1 - can i change the character size displayed in the formula bar? 2 - cell pointer, ( i dont know if it is the right name ) where there is a file handle at the right bottom corner. can i change the color of this bar from black to other color, like red or something? 3 - when i created a toolbar ( view/toolbar/customize/ toobar tab/new/toolbarname )and put a lot of shortcut icon into it. theres always a time when i start opening my excel in the morning. this toobar is no longer there and it comes ba...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

stop outlook from turning off reminders when due time passes
I've seen several questions online about how Outlook brings up all your reminders at once when you get home from being gone for a few days. I have the opposite problem. As soon as a reminder comes due Outlook turns it off and I can't find out how to change that setting. I do all my calendar management on my Palm Centro so this causes me problems when I sync because it tends to create a duplicate entry and I then have to go in and delete the ones it duplicates. Any ideas on how to turn off that setting? Thanks ...

Still can't get the correct formula for marksheet
Dear all, I still cant get the correct formula for this. Please help me. Thaank you. >Thanks a lot, Dave. >But if I leave all the cells blank, the overall result shows the student >'Passed' the exam. >This shouldn't be. How to solve this? Any other formula, Dave. >Thank you again. "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message news:4516C167.9401B79F@verizonXSPAM.net... > One way: > =IF(OR((ISNUMBER(SEARCH("e",E7&G7&I7&K7))),(M7&O7&Q7="eee"),(S7&U7="ee")), > "Fai...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

Interval detection formula.
Hi all, I have a worksheet with 2 columns : one containing values of a timer start and one for values of timer stop. These values represent time intervals : Worksheet 1 START STOP 4 16 <- interval of time [4,16] 8 18 21 29 28 32 29 33 On another worksheet I constructed a column (time axis) with values starting from 0 to the greatest value of timer stop (with a given step). For each value (Ai) of my second worksheet, I would like to compute the number of rows in the first worksheet having the interval containing Ai. Worksheet 2 A B 0 ? (should be 0) 5 ? (...

What determines the order in which records are viewed
Hi all What determines the order in which records are viewed in a table If I import data or create a new table from a query regards, Garry ...

New Record
I have a form/subform. I have an event that opens a popup. I select from a list on the popup that copies the value onto a txtbox on the Main form and the popup then automatically closes. In the same code I place the focus in the subform to begin adding data to a new record. The problem I 'm having is that when the focus is set in the sub, there are two lines. The top line, which is the one I'm entering data in, does not automatically put the autonumber in for the ID that links the tables, but the record below it does, which is one that I'm not using. When I fill in the...