Protect Sheet - But have button to add more lines

When I initially protect the worksheet it will not allow the users to edit
objects or scenarios - this works great, but once I click on the button to
add more lines the protection is gone and the user can click on any object or
scenario and modify.

Can I eliminate this from happening

Thanks in advance

Linda

Linda
What button?  You apparently have some code (macro) linked to that button
that unprotects the sheet and adds rows, from what you say.  That same code
can be written to reapply the protection.  Post that code.  HTH  Otto

"LRay67" <LRay67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I initially protect the worksheet it will not allow the users to edit
> objects or scenarios - this works great, but once I click on the button to
> add more lines the protection is gone and the user can click on any object
> or
> scenario and modify.
>
> Can I eliminate this from happening
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Linda

0
Otto

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

how to add time total in msg box
i am having a problem in time total , when i filter the time ie 03:10:25 the macro add the total in msg box but the format changes ie the total becomes in msg box is 1.23654654 something like that im using the following macro i only want the sum of column of rows in msg box not at the end of cell Sub ad() Range("F1").Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-188]C:R[-1]C)" Selection.NumberFormat = "[h]:mm:ss;@" MsgBox ActiveCell.Value, vbMsgBoxRtlReading, Su...

sort when click buttons on form header
I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to code these buttons? Thanks. If the source is a straightforward select query you can always use right-click of the mouse (but have you disabled the menu?) "Song Su" wrote: > I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. > > I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have > Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to c...

Re: Specification sheet
Dear Aladdin I have had another look at selecting the various specification items via check boxes, and the best way to go about this is by using user-forms. The down side to this is the fact that there will be a certain amount of coding that will need to be done in order to get the form working in conjunction with the contractors works order. But by no means impossible. If you do not feel confident in doing it yourself, I am sure that there are a number of IT contractors in your area who would be willing to help. Another alternative, and possibly not viable for you, is to use a data...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Line Break in unbound text box with hyperlink
Hi. I have a text box that displays a generated hyperlink on a report. The problem is that sometimes the hyperlink is longer than the text box and it grows vertically and inserts a line break after the end of the first line. When the user clicks the link on the electronic PDF created from the report, it only picks up the first line of link. Is there a way to tell it to "wrap" to pick up the all the lines? Thanks, Cathy ...

I Need to change reference sheet for all cells on a form
Good afternoon, I am copying a spreadsheet to make summary sheet and I need to change which sheet the cells are referncing on my copy. Some of the cells refer to for example, =PRIOR YEAR!B3, some of the cells use a command to Round(PRIOR YEAR!B3/100), I would like to change all the references that currently refer to "PRIOR YEAR" sheet and make them "CURRENT YEAR" sheet, so my references would look like this =CURRENT YEAR!B3 and Round(CURRENT YEAR!B3/100). I am curious if a paste special, or shortcut exists that can do this quickly so I dont have to go in and manual...

Add a Project Web Access as another section on an existing sharepo
Hello all, I have the following scenario: I have created a new Project web Access in this location http://localhost:83/projectserv , i have a sharepoint site as http://localhost:83 I would like to add the PWA as a section on th sharepoint site.I try to create a new site on the sharepoint site and change the link pointing to the PWA and is not enough because it take me to the main PWA. Thanks in advance PWA, by its very nature is its own site collection. I am a bit confused however, is your goal to have a URL of: http://localhost:83/projectserv/PWA or http://localhost:...

"Cannot shift objects off sheet"
I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I fix this? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cannot+shift+objects+off+sheet http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2009/03/16/cannot-shift-objects-off-sheet-in-excel-2007/ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211769 "Vickie" <Vickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A28B3A-CE1C-4130-AA70-D0FFF300A319@microsoft.com... >I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message > "Cannot shift objects off sheet&quo...

Sorting Multiple Sheets
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. The main sheet has 2 columns, 1 for first name, 1 for last name. The remaining sheets all have formulas to pull the first and last names automatically from the 1st sheet. If a user sorts the names on the first sheet, they will sort on subsequent sheets, but the information that goes with those names on subsequent sheets will not be included in the sort, thereby misplacing information. Is there anyway to remedy this, short of sorting each sheet each time there is an addition to any one sheet? ...

To Draw A Line Parallel To A Curve At Particular Offset
Hi, I Have A Curve, And I Need To Draw A Line Parallel To The Curve At A Particular Offset On X-axis. Pls Help Me. -- vijay4u ------------------------------------------------------------------------ vijay4u's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37243 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=569578 In article <vijay4u.2c8jmw_1155064213.63@excelforum-nospam.com>, vijay4u.2c8jmw_1155064213.63@excelforum-nospam.com says... > > Hi, > > I Have A Curve, And I Need To Draw A Line Parallel To The Curve At A &...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

Command line to open new outlook message and attach to it multiple attachments
Hi , I am looking for a "shell" command line to create a new outlook mail message and attach to it multiple attachments. I can do it only with a single attachment as follows- outloo.exe "attachment_file_name" Bu as I said I need to create mutiple attachments on same email message. Thanks DVKS ...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

quick copy worksheet into other sheets in same workbook
I am wanting to copy a worksheet that is set up to show student results, targets and achievements into approximately 150 other worksheets in the same workbook. Is there a quick way of doing this other than copying and pasting? I want formats, colours and column widths etc to stay the same. In other words I want to produce about 150 identical copies of my layout as quickly as possible with the minimum of effort. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered Right-click on the worksheet tab and select "Move or Copy", then use the dialog box that appear...

Remove Button from toolbar
Hi all, is it possible to remove standard buttons from the toolbars? I want to implement the 'Send Email' function by myself so the user can decide for each mail if the system should add a tracking token. Therefore I need to remove the original 'send' button from the toolbars and menues. Is that possible? Regards, Stefan Sachs OK, I just found this article: http://www.tconv.com/blogs/crm3tips/2006/03/modifying-standard-toolbars-in.html. I guess that approach would work but I was hoping for a 'cleaner' solution. Any other suggestions? Regards, Stefan Sachs ...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

start button disabled in xp
when i click on my start button nothing happens. this is since my last windows update. the problem is that i have no my computer icon on my desktop, so i can't get in to defrag my hard drive, and also since i can not get anything out of the start button, i now can not get into my control panel. PLEASE HELP! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Returning Custom Exception Messages from Stored Procedure Calls http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/46774bc1-ce2f-4638-9305-97f4faa2821d/returning-custom-exceptio.aspx Em Segunda 18 Janeiro 2010 23:22, ann...

can't rename a sheet
Hi, I got the following error when I tried to rename a sheet (chart) back to it� s original name: �Cannot rename a sheet to the same name as another sheet, a referenced object library or a workbook referenced by Visual Basic� Here�s what happened: I initially created a sheet named �mychart� I made another sheet �mychart(2)� by copying �mychart�, and deleted �mychart�. I found out �mychart� was still referenced in VBAProject as �chart4(mychart)�, even the sheet was deleted. And I couldn�t delete �chart4(mychart)� in VBA Project Explorer. Any way to fix it? Thanks a lot. I'm not sur...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...