Pivot Table Wizard causes crash

Hello,

I'm using Excel 2003(11.8316.8221) SP3

When I use the Pivot Table Wizard and press the "back" button to redefine
the range of data. Excel crashes. I've tried with no other files open. I can
use the wizard to create now pivot tables, but not redefine this existing PT.

The file is about 1 meg.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Just after posting this I found a reference to the problem being the result
of having "frozen windows" on the sheet with the PT. I "unfroze" the windows
and everything works just fine.

Mike

"mike in texas" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Excel 2003(11.8316.8221) SP3
>
> When I use the Pivot Table Wizard and press the "back" button to redefine
> the range of data. Excel crashes. I've tried with no other files open. I can
> use the wizard to create now pivot tables, but not redefine this existing PT.
>
> The file is about 1 meg.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike

How To Open Chart Wizard Dialog on Excel 2003
Hi All, I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code my code is the follow excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30); where excel = new Excel.Application mode = xlDialogChartWizard missing = System.Type.Missing; show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog Help me pls Thx in Advance Hi, I don't know a thing about C#, but why not exclude the Show arguments? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "VeNoMiS" wrote: > Hi All, > I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code > > my code is the follow > >...

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables #4

Subform Causes Main Form to show same record Multiple times
I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName, HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the subform. I have to click the next record button several time...

Pivot Tables

Outlook 2002 Crashes on "Big Memory" System
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C44FDA.12E35650 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've run Outlook 2002 since it came out, but recently encountered an = exasperaing problem when I installed it on my new system (Abit IC7-MAX3 = motherboard, P4-3.0, 1 GB RAM) which has two users (both = administrators). If one user runs Outlook, then when the second user runs it, it crashes = with the error message labelled, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library", = and stating, "Run...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Crashing when finishing charts
Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with Excel where whenever (almost every single time) I try to finish a chart (click the finish button), Excel freezes and I lose all of my progress. Sometimes this happens when I am still in the process of picking my chart options. Has anyone else had this problem? I've had this problem for a while and have since reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Excel, but the problem still persists. I am running Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.6355.6408) SP1 on a Windows XP machine. Please help, Thank you! wruwtrix :confused: -- wruwtrix -------------...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Statically Linked App Crashes on ~WindowDC
Hi guys i have app that works "fine" when linked with Shared MFC DLL however if i try to link it statically with MFC then it often crashes on ~CWindowDC (CDC::Detach() CHandleMap::RemoveHandle() ) Is there anything i have to do special when linking to static MFC ? with same code under MFC DLL havnt seen these issues On Feb 2, 2:10 pm, "ab.viz...@gmail.com" <ab.viz...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi guys i have app that works "fine" when linked with Shared MFC DLL > however if i try to link it statically with MFC then it often crashes > on ~CWindowDC (CDC::...

line column Pivot Charts

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...

enterprise resources in which table of which database
when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want to know in which database and in which table it will saved first. -- It should be in the Published and the Reporting database. In the tables labeled "..Resource" Jonathan "Basim" <Basim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B443F9A1-E8FD-4DF5-A347-A13A626EDE67@microsoft.com... > when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want > to > know in which database and in which table it will saved first. > > > -- > ...

Opening a window(form) with VBA / storing data in a separate table
Hi all, First Question---- I have a third party application (Additional Inventory Fields in the ActNow series from Hawk Mountain) that currently is accessed from the Extra menu while in item maintenance. I have added a button to the item maintenance form and I am trying to figure our what VBA code I need to put in so that when the user clicks on the button that it launches the form that is currently accessed via the menu. This is not currently a VBA form but the window that comes with the application. I have tried to put an "OnUserChanged" event on the button with a FormName.Open...