Pivot Table showing wrong data

I have a table with information such as Salesperson, Customer, Sales $, Year,
Month, Date_Customer_Started. The data contains info for 2009 and 2010. I am
trying to determine for every new account created in 2009 and 2010, Sales by
new customer and salesperson. The Pivot table has sales data and count of
customers  by year and the rows contain Salesperson, Customer, Month and
date_Customer_started. I expect if a customer started in April 2009, and the
customer continuing to buy in 2010, sales figures by year and month and the
count of customer only in 2009. But the pivot table show a customer started
in June 2009 as a new customer created in 2010. the Pivot table is not
consistent in the error also. I need help and advise to fix this anomaly.
BILLTO	BILLTO_NAME	DATE	PER	MONTH_OPENED	NET_SALES	COUNT	NET_SALES	COUNT
COR400	CORTELYOU CAFE	06/18/09	01	6			2,587.29 	1
			02	6			305.87 	0
			07	6	759.68 	0
			08	6	3,124.21 	0
			09	6	4,591.10 	0
			10	6	4,261.36 	0
			11	6	4,244.69 	0
			12	6	5,460.93 	0
GRA601	GRAMERCY PARK HOTEL	09/10/09	09	9	3,772.42 	1
			10	9	4,159.92 	0
			11	9	501.69 	0
GUS200	GUS & GABRIEL GASTROPUB	07/01/09	01	7			634.37 	1
			02	7			815.43 	0
			06	7	8.58 	0
			07	7	314.52 	0
			09	7	2,481.09 	0
			10	7	1,612.55 	0
			11	7	1,873.15 	0
			12	7	813.64 	0

Hi Krish

It is difficult to establish from what you have posted, and the sample
data, exactly what the problem is that you are having.

If you want to mail me direct with a copy of the file and a description
of what you consider is wrong, I will see if i can resolve your problem.

to mail direct
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Change the at and dots to make valid email address
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Krish wrote:
> I have a table with information such as Salesperson, Customer, Sales $, Year,
> Month, Date_Customer_Started. The data contains info for 2009 and 2010. I am
> trying to determine for every new account created in 2009 and 2010, Sales by
> new customer and salesperson. The Pivot table has sales data and count of
> customers  by year and the rows contain Salesperson, Customer, Month and
> date_Customer_started. I expect if a customer started in April 2009, and the
> customer continuing to buy in 2010, sales figures by year and month and the
> count of customer only in 2009. But the pivot table show a customer started
> in June 2009 as a new customer created in 2010. the Pivot table is not
> consistent in the error also. I need help and advise to fix this anomaly.
> BILLTO	BILLTO_NAME	DATE	PER	MONTH_OPENED	NET_SALES	COUNT	NET_SALES	COUNT
> COR400	CORTELYOU CAFE	06/18/09	01	6			2,587.29 	1
> 			02	6			305.87 	0
> 			07	6	759.68 	0
> 			08	6	3,124.21 	0
> 			09	6	4,591.10 	0
> 			10	6	4,261.36 	0
> 			11	6	4,244.69 	0
> 			12	6	5,460.93 	0
> GRA601	GRAMERCY PARK HOTEL	09/10/09	09	9	3,772.42 	1
> 			10	9	4,159.92 	0
> 			11	9	501.69 	0
> GUS200	GUS & GABRIEL GASTROPUB	07/01/09	01	7			634.37 	1
> 			02	7			815.43 	0
> 			06	7	8.58 	0
> 			07	7	314.52 	0
> 			09	7	2,481.09 	0
> 			10	7	1,612.55 	0
> 			11	7	1,873.15 	0
> 			12	7	813.64 	0

0
Roger

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Subform Causes Main Form to show same record Multiple times
I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName, HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the subform. I have to click the next record button several time...

Pivot Tables

Data Validation List from different sheet
In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads its data from a different sheet? thanks M As responsed in .misc: Use a defined range as the source for the DV. Then you can. p/s: Pl refrain from multi-posting -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:20,500 Files:365 Subscribers:65 xdemechanik --- "Michelle" <mh_london@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:64efb54d-21fb-49c2-a9cd-ebad7e1fd7df@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > > In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads > its data from a different...

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

server name wrong
I have just opened a new account with gmail.com so I can send photos via windows mail, but I mistakenly put googlemail.com when filling in the account info and now all I get is a message saying that googlemail.com cannot be found. How do I change it? See these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows Mail/Live Mail.... http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 or for IMAP.... http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920 "Mrs Eee" <Mrs Eee@...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Showing Image in Word after open via Access
Hello, I'm have a report in Access 2003, when the report is opened in Word, using the "Publish It with Microsoft Office Word" feature, the company logo inside on Image object does not come over, what can I do to get this image to convert. Thanks Nothing you can do if you are using "Publish It with Microsoft Office Word" feature. No graphic objects are brought over, that includes lines, checkboxes, rectangles, etc. You can check out Lebans.com and see if there is a solution that works for you there. You can also download the pdf solution from that s...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Converting Year to Date Data to Month to Date
I have the following problem: I havea production table of all my agents the production comes in as a download each month but it is in Year to date totals. I would like to know how I change the data so that it is showing month to date production. i have changed the data to cross tab with the date as the column headings. The I created a select query and subtracted Jan from Feb to get the Feb production. I need to get this data in a normalized table formate with the Production date in one column and the monthly production in a second column. Thanks in advance for any help Use a subq...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Data validation and empty cells
range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,operator:=xlBetween How to avoid empty entries in drop down box if some of cell from A1:A7 are empty? Thanks Sort A1:A7 so that the empties are at the bottom and use =OFFSET($A$1,,,COUNT($A$1:$A$7),1) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Kris" <witek7205@spam.gazeta.pl.invalid> wrote in message news:do75sd$8a4$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= > "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,oper...

applieds still showing on Historical Aged TB
Hello: After applying a return to a customer’s invoice and after having aged that customer and moved the customer’s transactions to history through Paid Transaction Removal, why would the applied return and invoice still show on the RM Historical Aged Trial Balance? childofthe1980s Because it's historical. Unless you choose to Exclude Fully Applied Documents all applied documents as of the cutoff will show up. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > &...

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

Utilizing a portion of data in SUMPRODUCT
Based on prior input from the group, I am using the following formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Log!B3:B80=1997),--(Log!E3:E80=17)) The data in Column B is actually a full date, entered yyyy/mm/dd. With the data in this format, I get a formula result of 0. If I eliminate the /mm/dd, I get the correct result of 1. I have tried the formula with and without quotes around the Condition. The person for whom I am creating this spreadsheet has asked that the date be kept together, rather than separating out the year. Is there some way I can maintain the data in Column B and change the formula to ge...

Data Cleansing 10-09-03
Hello, Has anyone deduped customer data that has already been migrated into MS CRM? I know Scribe is good for migration, however, we're beyond that. We need to dedup and/or merge records from various sales groups. Then allow business users to view the results and assign the contact to the sales person with the longest or best relationship to the customer. Do you have any recommendations? Is a new product launching in New Orleans? Thank you in advance for your time. Share ...