Pivot Table from 2 worksheets

I thought I read somewhere that you can create one pivot table from two
worksheets.  Does anyone know how to do this in Excel 2003?  I need to create
one and don't know how.  Thanks so much.
Nadine

Hi Nadine

Take a look here
Post back to this thread if you are still having problems
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Nadine wrote:
> I thought I read somewhere that you can create one pivot table from two
> worksheets.  Does anyone know how to do this in Excel 2003?  I need to create
> one and don't know how.  Thanks so much.
> Nadine
0
Roger

What is Time Machine and how do I enable it? #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Asnwer to an earlier message about retrieving a previously saved document, was: You can use (Time Machine) to go back in time and retrieve the file. What is Time machine and how is it enabled? If you don't know about it, then you probably have not enabled it and so it probably is not available to you to get the old version of a file. Time Machine is an application provided by the Mac operating system (Not part of Office) that makes backup to an attached hard disk. You can find it in Finder, Applications F...

Secure SMTP #2
Hello, I use Exchange 2003 and i create a simple virtual SMTP with user's authentification for my organisation. The trouble is that someone could be authentied but i could put a wrong name and email in the outlook parameter, so the mail could be send with the "director" 's email. Why Exchange couldn't do a simple link between the MAIL FROM and the authentified's user on this virtual smtp ?? Is there a way to program it with ESMTP ? Thanks for helping me ... Bye ! In news:OoOV7dCwFHA.3548@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Ouba <ouba974@mx.com> typed: > Hello, &...

auto filter macro #2
I want to use auto filter or some other device to hide those rows whose first column has a zero in it. I would like to come up with a macro that automatically does this. The purpose is to have a sales order whose first column of every row is the quanity of each item ordered. If zero is ordered than that row would be hidden. This sales order would be linked to a data input sheet where the actual input would take place. Please help!!! ...

using option buttons #2
sorry im a bit of a noob, what do you mean by frame? :confused -- 4nd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 4ndy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26576 When you're designing the userform inside the VBE, you'll see an icon on the toolbox toolbar that looks like an outline of a frame with xyz in the top border. If you let your cursor linger over the icon, you'll see Frame as the tooltip. If you put your optionbuttons within that...

'Status' column from PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table
Hello, We're trying to populate the serial # into this table and run across the 'Status' column. What are the possible values for 'Status' column? Most of the time we see the value of '2', what does it mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regard, Nikki ...

If..then...Hide Worksheet
I'm working on a budget tracking template with multiple sheets. The 1st worksheet has the YTD summary where managers allocate their $ to a particular spending area (ie. advertising, travel etc.) There is a worksheet for each spending area - 13 in total. What I need help with is hiding worksheets/spending areas that do not have any $ allocted - i.e: if Advertising has $0.00 allocted on YTD summary, then hide the Advertsing Worksheet. I also want to be abel to reverse and unhide the sheet if the manager realloctes $ to a spending area. One note...I have no control over the layout/set-u...

Pivot table toolbar
Hello excellites, I am building an excel app using an excel table and a pivot table. The table can grow by adding additional rows. There is a named range, "WORK_DETAILS", that includes the excel table that is dynamically set to the current region. I am trying to use a userform to control the pivot table (pvtSummary). To do this I am resetting the sourcedata property to the current value of the named range using the statement: pvtSummary.SourceData = BuildR1C1Range(Range("WORK_DETAILS")) where the function BuildR1C1Range converts the a1 address format of the named range...

Outlook running very slow #2
Runnng Outlook 2000 and I have about 2,000 contacts. Outlook moves slow in my opinion and contacts do not open up immediately as they should. Are there any suggestions? Can I reindex data in any way or does anyone have an opinion on number of contacts. ...

Odbc #2
I have created a spreadsheet to extract data from Sage accounts usin ODBC. My accounts package is multi-company so there is a separate dat source for each company. These data sources contain exactly the sam fields but different data. I would like to use the same spreadsheet with a new data source probably by making a copy of it and somehow pointing the existing quer to one of the other data sources. Can this be done or do I just hav to start again -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

InputBox for a string of 2 to 3 keywords, separated with commas.
Is it the most practical way to go at it, and if so, how will I retrieve each keyword ? Second Step : I then want to search column A for the occurence of a minimum of 2 of those keywords, and if found then display the entire row on Sheet2. 1. Column A Test Data Column B remarks..... 2. Applle, Cherry, Pear 3. Orange, Peach, Lemon 4. Lemon, Mango, Cherry 5. Cherry,Kiwi, Lemon Keyword string from InpuBox : Lemon, Pear, Cherry Row 4 and 5 should be returned. Pseudo Code Enter keywords string Extract Keywords and number of (2 or 3) Retrieve LastRow of Data Releva...

Mobile express #2
Does anyone know how to view emails properly with crm mobile express. I have added the email entity and the description field. when you double click the email from mobile express either from a desktop machine or the mobile device the body of the mail is displayed as HTML code. Also does anyone know if its possible to show account/contact history as it appears in crm. This is normal behavior out of box. Option is to modify the Mobile Express (Community Source Code) to enable the functions you've brought up. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.l...

scheduling #2
please respond as to i need help in creating a formula to calculate hours in excel for my business -morphius Hi Morhius, To get you started, see David McRitchie's Date/Time page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm See particularly the TimeSheets section (approximately 1/4 down the page). See also John Walkenbach's TimeSheet page: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm There you can freely download an Employee Time Sheet Template. To progress further, greater specificity would be desirable. --- Regards, ...

Vlookup Table Help
Revisiting an eariler issue. I have an excel document that looks like what I've shown below, in Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C Column D 1 Origin Airport Destination Airport City Name Airline 2 ABE 3 ABQ 4 ACE 5 ABI I am trying to create a Vlookup table that will decode the origin airport code in Col A and display the decoded code with the city name in Column D. In Sheet 2, my table array I have created looks like this. Column A Column B 1 Airport Codes City Code 2 ABE Abilene, TX, USA Municipal 3 ABQ Albuquerque, NM, USA Albuquerque International ...

Autoshape in Chart controlled from a different worksheet
Hi all, Can somebody please help.. i have a Chart (called Chart2 - on its own page) and i have the data (sheet1) on another page.... i am trying to get the autoshape in Chart2 to change colour based on the data from a cell on Sheet1. i have the following code.... i can get the shape to change colours on Sheet1, but, when i try it on Chart2 nothing happens. NB: this code is in Sheet1 Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myColor As Long Dim myShape As Shape If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("G11...

Cannot close Excel #2
I cannot close ANY Excel document with the upper-right X Button. When clicking the X either nothing happens or the X greys out. When I click on "file" "exit", the "save as" window pops up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office - same results. Please help! ...

Out of office #2
Hi ! have a question for you guys, do you know how can I enable the Out of office assist so Exchange can send the notiication to an external email ??? Thanks. Exchange 2000 is configured by default not to allow Out of Office Messages to the Internet, if you want to enable this then: In Exchange System Manager, go to Global Settings > Internet Message Format, open the properties for the Default, go to the Advanced tab and you will see the option to Allow Out of Office make sure this is checked. Hope this helps -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.mse...

macro security #2
When I open an excel workbook, I receive a message saying "the workbook contains macros.., do i want to disable or enable". Well, I don't have any macros in the workbook. Why is this message popping up and how can I stop it. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You'll see this message if the workbook has any modules in its VB project, even if empty. Deleting the modules should fix the problem. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Debra Dalgleish h...

Weird problem with Publisher's listing of available printers #2
None of the installed printers will show up in Publisher on this lady's computer. They are installed in Windows and show up fine in other Office Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). However, when you go to print a document in Publisher, the only printers listed are the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" and the "Lanfax Printer". None of the physical printers are listed! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the printers. I also tried upgrading from Publisher XP to Publisher 2003, but the problem has persisted. I have googled this and searched Micr...

Want to plot a graph using data from 2 different worksheets in sam
workbook. I want to take 2003, 2004 sales and 2005 sales on same graph. Data is in the same file with different worksheet, I cant seem to plot it. I had to copy all the data on same worksheet and then plot it. But there must be a way to do it without this action. cteq1@hotmail.com Try charting one year then: Chart; Source Data; Add to add the rest. "cteq" <cteq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9FA73D4-E26C-4AE7-B6C6-F3A8E7AEBADA@microsoft.com... > workbook. > > I want to take 2003, 2004 sales and 2005 sales on same graph. Data is in > the &...

Linking Sheets and Tables
Having an issue with some reports. I'm trying to automate a "cash" report that uses several different sources. I'd like to be able to have the data linked from several different tables into one...however, the reports that we receive from our vendors have different sheet names. For instance the excel file is "November" and each sheets name is it's date (ex: Nov 22, Nov 21). However, the information that I want is off of the most recent sheet, or the one with the most current date. Is there a way to link the two, with the names of the excel file, and the she...

Hiding check boxes on a worksheet.
Hey all. I am not sure why (im using excel 2000) but I have a few rows of checkboxes with macros, that can not be hidden. For various reasons I need them to be hidden at times. Is there a way to do this? If these are check boxes from the Controls command bar, use Sheet1.CheckBox1.Visible = True If thes are check boxes from the Forms command bar, use ActiveSheet.Shapes("Check box 2").Visible = True -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "havocdragon" <havocdragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Excel worksheet embedded in Word 2002
I am working with a word 2002 document which has an embedded Exce worksheet. The excel files perform calculations depending on what th user fills in or selects (with radio buttons), and then completes wha looks like a Word document. I have 2 problems: First, I am trying to use parts of the sam worksheet in two places in this 4-page document. Page 4 has one sectio of the worksheet with a section that the user fills in with a numbe ranking, 1-5, and then Cell L39 sums those rankings. The total in L3 then shows up in another area of the same worksheet, and also on page of the Word document. Whe...

EFT Payables #2
Is there a way to deactivate all EFT's in payable with one action? We need to create all checks instead of EFT's for one week. We have this option in payroll but we don't see it in payables. Thanks ...

Two mailboxes
Hello, I have two mailboxes in my Outlook 2003. If I get a message to my 2'nd mailbox & click "reply" - default set in From field is usernamename from my first mailbox. How can I change it? I can choose manually by clicking From field & setting my first mailbox but I would like to fill it automatically. regards Joanna You'll need to use a 3rd party utility to change it automatically. http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/sendaccount.htm#tools -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlo...

XmlSchema.Read not creating the SOM #2
I'm using the following code to create an XmlSchema from an XSD file The Read() method doesn't throw any errors and after I write the schem to a file, it looks as expected. However, after the Read() method is called, m_Schema still contains n items. What am I doing wrong? My .xsd file validates fine in XMLSpy, but it i quite complex, so maybe .Net can't handle it? // Code follows System.Xml.XmlTextReader m_XMLReader = ne System.Xml.XmlTextReader(m_SchemaLocation); System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema m_Schema System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema.Read(m_XMLReader, null); System.Xml.XmlTextWrit...