multiple formats in a cell 11-17-09

I'm trying to find a way of displaying the content of a cell as either a
number or a percentage depending on the output from a lookup. I'm struggling
to find a way to do this in Excel 2003. Can you help please?

Provide some examples about your data and how would you like to get the result…

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Gridlock" wrote:

> I'm trying to find a way of displaying the content of a cell as either a
> number or a percentage depending on the output from a lookup. I'm struggling
> to find a way to do this in Excel 2003. Can you help please?
???
=IF(D4<1,TEXT(D4,"0.00%"),TEXT(D4,"#"))
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Gridlock" <Gridlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find a way of displaying the content of a cell as either a
> number or a percentage depending on the output from a lookup. I'm
> struggling
> to find a way to do this in Excel 2003. Can you help please?

0
Don

Journal #11
I am looking for answer, I am a new user. How long can I keep Outlook Journal 2003? I'm not sure of the context of your question but my basic answer would be "as long as you want" "Nee" <plznomail@noprivatemail.com> wrote in message news:u3DExIkWGHA.4484@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am looking for answer, I am a new user. > > How long can I keep Outlook Journal 2003? I meant keeping journal many years. English is not easy for me. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message news:OcThKLkWGHA.1192@TK2MSFTN...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

formatting #3
I have formatted a cell to have the following format: #####-####-## (all numbers). This is a NDC number for a specific drug. In many cases I need leading zeros - in fact the first 4 numbers may be zeros. Excel ignores the zeros and returns 78-0377-45, when it should be 00078-0377- 45. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. How about a format: 00000-0000-00 jopla wrote: > > I have formatted a cell to have the following format: > #####-####-## (all numbers). This is a NDC number for a > specific drug. In many cases I need leading zeros - in > fact the first 4 numbers may be zer...

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Localized Header/Footer formatting codes in Excel 2000
Hello, I would like to set the Header/Footer parameters of an Excel worksheet from a VC++/MFC application using formatting codes, for example: PageSetup page = worksheet.GetPageSetup(); page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &T")); // print date and time to header The problem is that my Office 2000 is a localized version (Hungarian), and Excel doesn't seem to recognize the &T code, only the localized version, which is &I. This code works fine: page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &I")); I recorded a macro, and the generated VBA code also uses the non-localized vers...

Date Formatting problem #2
I have a excel (professional xp). I have a problem formatting a text field into a date field. When I format the field nothing happens, until I double click on the field and then it formats. The problem is that I have over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rick Rick Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it. Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste special...>Values+Multiply. With them still highlighted, reformat them as Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like numbers before formatting....

PivotChart will not preserve series formatting for some charts when reopening workbook
I have a WB with 4 PivotCharts. When I close and reopen the WB, 2 of my PivotCharts have slightly skewed formatting. Can somone help determine why? Details: PTable 1 / PChart 1, PTable 2 / PChart 2 all based on static data in Sheet 1. PTable 3 / PChart 3, PTable 4 / PChart 4 all based on static data in Sheet 2. All PTables were created from a new PCache object. I'm using any single data cache for more than 1 PTable. When I reopen, PChart 1 and PChart 3 have the following problem: - Series order goes back to the default order. - Series colors remains in the old order. 1. I know that...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Formatting data #2
Hi When formatting the same type of data frequently, I design a template with three sheets, the first to paste the raw data, the second a temporary for the fuctions/formulas for fomatting the data in the former sheet and the last one to paste the temporary sheet as values. Please see example below. In the second sheet I write the formulas for more than the rows of expected data. Say somtimes 200 rows as the rows of data varies from 10 to 150. My questions are, 1. Is this the most efficient way of doing this task? If not what is a better solution. 2. How can I adapt my functio...

Book1
How do I save some settings so that when I stgart a new workbook i automatically brings up my new default settings. I like to have specific fill color and a default border and font etc... I have tried saving it that way as Book1 but it doesn't seem to brin back the settings. Thank -- mdalb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26311 Hello Save your workbook as Excel.XLT and place it in the xlSt...

Sending to multiple addresses

Referencing the name of a worksheet in a cell
hello excel gurus... I would like to have a string of text that incorporates the name of on the worksheet tab. I have a series of worksheet that are all very similar, it is just one word in the title that changes and that is what I will be naming the worksheet. Is there a way that I can have that cell reference the tab name, so that I only have to name it once and not twice. Thanks! -Bob Bob, Not sure if you want to get the cell from the tab name, or set the tab name from the cell value. So, if the former =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename&qu...

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Export Chart in Vector Format
That's a tough one! I am trying to copy a chart from Excel to CorelDraw and process it but without success. I know how to export as bmp, tiff, jpg etc, but I don't want an image. I want the vectors (boxes, lines, curves, text etc) so that I can process them in a vector application such as CorelDraw. I tried to export in wmf and emf (which is something that Excel does not do by itself - you need to do it through powerpoint) but these formats are not imported completely in CorelDraw. Usually I just get a couple of objects (eg. the background of the chart), without axes, column...

Hindi Number format
Is ther an equivalent in Access for a for a number format available in Excel .NumberFormat = "[$-2000000]#0,000.00" So that I can have Hindi numerals in a reports. when I use Numeral shapes to context or system or National it is not giving me the desired result. I want to display the numbers in Hindi format regardless of the system language settings. How I can apply this in a Report so that the field will be formated using the above way? Thanks ...

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6