Moving Column data formula

 	I have information in column A of a task sheet. The information goes from row
1 thru 35. Column B is where I place a "x" to say the task need to be
completed. Is there a formula that can check each row in column B to see if
the "x" exist, until it reaches the end. If the "x" exist in any of the rows,
then move the information into a blank sheet called assignment. Example
B1,B3,B4,B20 all have a "x" in the field, now I need to move the information
in A1, A3, A4, A20 to row1 thru 4 of a blank work sheet. Is this possible.

hi
see your other post.

regards
FSt1

"Puzzled" wrote:

>  	I have information in column A of a task sheet. The information goes from row
> 1 thru 35. Column B is where I place a "x" to say the task need to be
> completed. Is there a formula that can check each row in column B to see if
> the "x" exist, until it reaches the end. If the "x" exist in any of the rows,
> then move the information into a blank sheet called assignment. Example
> B1,B3,B4,B20 all have a "x" in the field, now I need to move the information
> in A1, A3, A4, A20 to row1 thru 4 of a blank work sheet. Is this possible.

space between y axis and data points..
I have a line graph with markers, and am plotting 7 pre-post (x axis) lines on a y axis of 1 to 100. By default, the "pre" points were plotted right on the y axis and the post points were all the way at the right end of the plot area. I checked "Value (y) axis crosses between categories", and this moves the pre (and post) towards the middle of the plot area, so that the points are now plotted to the right of the y axis. My question is, can I adjust the space between the y axis and where the "pre" data points are plotted? As they are now, there is too much of a g...

Add a column to sort email by domain name
Is there a way to add a column to sort email by domain name in Outlook 2003? I know that I can use the Search folders to kinda do this, but I would have to create a folder for every domain. Ideally, I would just have a column labeled "domain name" that would let me click on it and all email would then be sorted. Any suggestions? ...

Moving license to a new computer

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

How do I print grid lines in a spreadsheet if no data is entered .
I am trying to create a form and need to print the grid lines as a part of the form. Others will use this form and make pencil entries in the cells which will be entered into the spreadsheet at a later date. How do I do this? I am using Office 2003. Many thanks---Justaone Just File>Page Setup>Sheet. Check "gridlines" and make sure "draft quality" is not checked. May be easier and more readable to have borders around just those cells that will be pencil-entered. If you go that route, uncheck "gridlines" in Page Setup. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 2...

Safe to Move?

Hiding A Column So It Does Not Receive Pastes?
Got a spreadsheet that people are using to enter rates of return for bond funds. Column 1 is the name of the fund. Columns 2 through, say, 250 are returns for a given date (i.e. the column headers are dates). Users of the sheet are entering data partially by pasting blocks of numbers from other sources which do not include Saturdays and Sundays. The sheet in question, however, has columns for *all* dates in a range - including weekends - and I'd like to keep it that way. First thing that occurred to me was to hide the weekend columns, but when I tried a block paste, some of the numbe...

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

data in queries
Hi! From a dataset I retrieve customer names and the products they have purchased: client name product name client 1 product a client 1 product b client 1 product c client 2 product b client 2 product d client 3 product a client 3 product e No problem. But how can I avoid the repetitions in the ClientName column: client name product name client 1 product a product b product c client 2 product b product d client 3 product a product e In Query View. I think in a Report this is done through Group By? Thanks ...

Does Excel data merge with .mrg documents?
I run a database for my company, and always have a difficult (read - lots of hand typing) time getting my .mrg data doc to merge with Excel. Most times Exel will have all the data in one cell (making it impossible to sort), or not come through at all. Is it just me, or does Excel not work well with this kind of document. ...

How can I stack 3-D columns
I have a 3-Dimentional bar chart (x, y, and z axis). I need to stack the columns. How can I do this? Excel's charts with 3D effects are not particularly flexible. What you might try is a stacked clustered 2D column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ jiggiddi wrote: > I have a 3-Dimentional bar chart (x, y, and z axis). I need to stack the > columns. How can I do this? ...

Column multiplied by a matrix
Hello Can anyone tell me how to multiply all the numbers in a column by all the numbers in a matrix? eg Column of numbers in A, multiplied by matrix of numbers in C1:E3 A B C D E 1 3 6 7 8 2 4 7 8 9 3 5 6 8 9 So I would like a formula which SUMS 3*6 + 3*7 + 3*8 + 4*7+4*8+4*9 + 5*6 + 5*8 + 5*9 thanks S Can this be done without creating a second matrix with column A spread out? =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3*B1:D3) give 274 with your data - as required NOTE that =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3,B1:D3) will give #V...

Moving Folder error

sorting of a column/sheet
I exported from Outlook 2000 to an excel format, my contact list of customers. With Outlook you can have your contacts in more than one category such as Business and Contractors. When exporting from Outlook, it doesn't seperate the two categories. Once in excel, is there an easy way to seperate the two categories that ended up in one column? The whole sheet has a column for name Title,address, category, email address, etc. Hi John you might like to look at the data / text to columns option for separating the data ... please post back if you need more help (with a sample of th...