Monthly files

I have a monthly files where every day is a sheet, the beginning of which
references a cell on the sheet before. Is there a way of having this done
without introducing the link manualy on every sheet?

Ex: A6 of Dec 10 = g24 of Dec 9, etc
Thanks beforehand

0
dimitry

dimitry schaff,
 One way you could do this, is to set it up once and save it as a template
file.
The next time you open the file, to input data. When you are done, save the
file as that Month.xls.
The template would be MonthlyBudget.xlt (for example). If you did this in
December 2009. The next time you open MonthlyBudget.xlt and input data for
January 2009, select file Save As and call it January2010.xls.
Hope this helps.

"dimitry scharff" wrote:

> I have a monthly files where every day is a sheet, the beginning of which
> references a cell on the sheet before. Is there a way of having this done
> without introducing the link manualy on every sheet?
>
> Ex: A6 of Dec 10 = g24 of Dec 9, etc
> Thanks beforehand
>

> .

Thanks for your swift answer. By mistake I said "File" and should have said
"Spreadsheet", but I think your solution should work anyway, though.Right?
"FloMM2" <FloMM2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> dimitry schaff,
> One way you could do this, is to set it up once and save it as a template
> file.
> The next time you open the file, to input data. When you are done, save
> the
> file as that Month.xls.
> The template would be MonthlyBudget.xlt (for example). If you did this in
> December 2009. The next time you open MonthlyBudget.xlt and input data for
> January 2009, select file Save As and call it January2010.xls.
> Hope this helps.
>
> "dimitry scharff" wrote:
>
>> I have a monthly files where every day is a sheet, the beginning of which
>> references a cell on the sheet before. Is there a way of having this done
>> without introducing the link manualy on every sheet?
>>
>> Ex: A6 of Dec 10 = g24 of Dec 9, etc
>> Thanks beforehand
>>

>> .

0
dimitry

Help with xlsx files
I am still using 97Office Excel. My customer sent me excel files in xlsx format this morning. I could not open those xlsx files. I now downloaded the converter for xlsx to xls format. My question is whether the converter (FileFormatConverters.exe) could work on 97Office Suite. TIA. Jorge "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eNxD5F%23dIHA.5280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am still using 97Office Excel. My customer sent me excel files in xlsx >format this morning. > I could not open those xlsx files. > I now downloaded ...

How do I open a publisher file from a different version?
I do not have Norton AV on my computer. How can I open this file?? Hi Joan (Joan@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I do not have Norton AV on my computer. How can I open this file?? What version of Publisher do you have? What version of Publisher is the file? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

import pst files
I import a .pst file: all contacts are there, but calendar wasn't u dated!! richar ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

text file, unicode
Not specifically about MFC, but here goes If there is a text file, like the ones created with Notepad, how can one know if it contains unicode or not. I tried to save a file in notepad with just english text, and checked to see what bytes it contains. The first 2 bytes seemed to be a flag, like a header. All other characters which would consume 1 byte in ASCII, consume 2 bytes with the first bytes beeing zero. I'm guessing a second way to know if a text contains unicode is to search for a "zero byte". Anybody have experience with this? Hanna-Barbera wrote: > Not speci...

File already open error
WindowsXP machine. Office97 installed. I got a new XP desktop machine and installed some software from my old 98 machine. Once of which was office 97. Now I get some errors on my new machine. I did the default install. The error I'm getting for excel is strange. It doesn't matter what file I open, It could be a new attachment in email and I'm opening it for the first time or something I've created and reopen it. The error is this: A document with the name "filename" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are i...

EFT transaction file generation on Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
Customers find it inefficient that Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 creates one transaction file per unique check batch. They prefer the design of previous versions with which they are able to generate only one transaction file for multiple payment batches on the Generate EFT Files window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

Too many temp files with Office 2007
When I changed the save option for my office products (Word, Excel, etc.) to save in 2003 office format (.xls, .doc, etc.), my system started creating a large number of temp files when documents were being saved. My attempts to use Disk Cleanup under System Tools does not seem to be able to get rid of them either. 1. Is there any way to prevent the excessive number of temp files form being created? 2. AND is there a way to automatically delete them so that they do not fill up my file folders. they look like this B6B1C2B1.tmp Do you have auto-save enabled? -- Milly...

saving dbf file without losing data
How do I save new info on a dbf file without losing the data in the save? I read the excel help and it said to set the data range but, I do not know what to do. Thanks ...

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

Where do we get the file mfc70.dll?
Hello, Where do we get the file mfc70.dll? I've looked on the Microsoft web site and can not find it. Are we suppose to be able to get this file, or is there some reason this file can't be distributed? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Eugene W. Olson gene_olson@hotmail.com "EWOlson" <EWOlson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2404693-878D-4706-ABF9-EE6FA521AF65@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Where do we get the file mfc70.dll? I've looked on the Microsoft web site > and can not find it. Are we suppose to be abl...

Leaving messages with large files on server?
I'm using Outlook 2002. Is there a way to leave messages on the server that have a file attachment exceeding a certain size? Thanks, Brett ...

Convert years:months to months
Hello- I am hoping to use Excel to convert data that inputted in a years:months format to just months. For example, I want to translate 5:3 to 63 months. I'm running into one hiccup: Excel views the inputted data as time and is translating it into 5:30 AM, making calculations challenging Does anyone have any tips? =HOUR(A1)*12+MINUTE(A1)/10 you may need to format the cell a General as Excel can be overhelpful and use a time format best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jen" <jvarley@u.washington.edu> wrote in ...

How do I import OST files?
I recently left a company and brought my archive files with me. I do not have3 the original machine ( Windows xp + Outlook 2000) and now have Vista with Windows MAil. I cannot run the import utility ( Cannot import messagesfrom the MAPI client) Any ideas? Thanks You can't open the OST on a machine other than the one that created it with the profile that created it "gedevane" <gedevane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23gC4DcX3HHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I recently left a company and brought my archive files with me. I do not >have3 the original mac...

Problem to open a file with a NT Service
Hi, I created an NT Service which open some files for reading and copy them to another machine. This service work fine under windows NT Server but under Windows 2000 Server it can't open any file. BUT If i run it in debug mode under Win2k Server IT WORKS ALSO. The code i use is : g_FicIND = _open(Filename, O_BINARY|O_RDWR, S_IREAD|S_IWRITE); Therefore, the difference is betwen release and debug mode. Thanks in advance Good grief! _open! How utterly quaint! Shades of the PDP-11 Unix library! (Try CreateFile, for example, or perhaps the CopyFile API). What error is returned (::Ge...

Restore an un updated file
I have a common problem between my users, and is to update information of Excel that would not be due to update. There is way to recover this information once updated -- W@rio ------------------------------------------------------------------------ W@rio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31115 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=507818 ...

Access 2002 file?
I am trying to use an Access 2002 mdb file from within Visual Studio or Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise edition. I get the message "Unrecognized database format . . ." I'm presuming this is because DAO 3.5 is being used instead of 3.6. I'd like to use the newer format because it will simplify development (I have Access XP installed and have to convert my file to an Access 97(?) format to get it to open in Developer Studio). Any ideas or can someone point me in the right direction? I've done some searches but haven't latched onto anything thus far. Thanks for your atte...

This Month and Last Month
In the same query, I am trying to get two counts so I can compare them in a pivot table. I have ServicesID ServicesDate I want a count of ServicesID for the current date this month AND a count of ServicesID for the same date last month in the same query. Any ideas? Use a subquery to get the count of services for the same date last month. Here's an example of how to do that sort of thing with a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD That example does year-to-date calcuations, but the process is the same. In your case you will be counting the ServicesID field where ...

Excel hyperlinked file opens in wrong program
Suddenly, hyperlinked JPG files are opened in Microsoft Photo Editor (which I hate) instead of Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer (which I hate less). I've changed the file association of all JPG and JPG related files in Windows Explorer to open in MPaFV and, when I open them from an Explorer, it works. However, Excel still opens them in MPE. I think someone else may have opened the file, but I don't know why that would effect a change in the behaviour of my machine. ...

password for data files
I have Outlook 2007 and in this version it asks me for the passwords of my data files when I start the application (that is, 8 data files --> I have to enter 8 passwords). With Outlook 2003 I was asked for the data file passwords only when I tried to use each data folder. So if I used only one of the data files I have to enter only its passwords. Do you know how set up 2007 to behave as 2003? Exclude the other pst-files from being indexed; Tools-> Options-> button Search Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http...

Month By Month report
Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in � by month? Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each department/catagory/supplier down the left of the page, with the value of sales each month. I would run this for the period of a year and it would show all my catagory sales per month etc. thanks Phil I am sending you the reports, once get then rate it. "Philip Gass" wrote: > Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in £ by > month? > > Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each >...

Outputting one file per record
I have a very simple task that I have been struggling to complete and cannot locate an answer on the web. I have generated a simple report where each record is displayed in a format that is somewhat like a resume. Right now the report generates one or more pages per record, in direct sequence as would be expected. What I need to do is have Access save each record's pages as an individual file with a file name generated from the record (lastname, firstname). I hope to have these as PDF, I have seen some discussion but do not really follow. I have Acrobat, so creating a pdf from a rich ...

changing file types
Hi all, I have used group polices to somehow disable the users from changing file types. Now I need the users to be able to change an old file type but it is grayed out. I cannot find where I have disabled it. I do have control panel disabled. The users can see under tools the folder options but file types are grayed out for them to change. Can someone tell we where to look in group polices to correct this/ Thanks in advance, Sher Hello Sher, On a client a machine where the policy is active run gpresult /v to see the applied GPOs, now you can check them for the setting...

I want to "file" a document in a folder, simply, how do I do that
I want to "file" a document in a folder, Simply. How can I do that? Use the Save As dialog box? Or exit Word and, in Windows Explorer, move the file to the desired folder. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "SAF" <SAF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:486C22A0-8464-4BB7-812E-71B0FBC974A0@microsoft.com... >I want to "file" a document in a folder, Simply. How can I do that? ...

MONTH(a1)
I'VE ACHANGEABLE NUMBER IIN a1 AND I PUT IN b1 "=MONTH(A1) IN ORDER TO GIVE ME THE MONTH'S NAME WHEN I CHANGE THE NUMBER IN A1 BUT IT DDINT WORK WHY? PLZ HELP THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FOR AL -- frs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frsm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3123 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51453 I believe you have to have a date in A1, not just a number. HTH Regards, Howard "frsm" <frsm.23jpcy_1140468300.4445@excelforum-nospam.com...

Is there a way of Making monthly tabs without typing each month?
I would like to avoid typing in each month every time I create a workbook. I have to do individual yearly workbooks. Is there a faster way to make monthly tabs. Example type Jan, Feb, Mar and then somehow the spreadsheet would fill in the following monthly tabs? The easiest way is to make a blank file with appropriate tab names, and then make copies of that file. Or, create a tab called "List", start your list in cell A1, and run this code: Sub Add_Tabs_From_List() Dim Nayme As String Dim K As Byte K = 1 Range("a1").Select 'this is the first cell in List Do Unt...