Missing values from a pivot table field

I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426
records.  The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot
table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain
the second value.  When I click on the arrow associated with that field it
does not contain the second value either.  Is there somewhere else in the
settings this value could have been lost?

Perhaps try
Drag the field off the table
Refresh the table
Drag the field back on.

With pivot tables you need to let us know which XL version you have. pivot
tables changed in XL2002 and 2007 is a bit different also.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Kelli" wrote:

> I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426
> records.  The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot
> table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain
> the second value.  When I click on the arrow associated with that field it
> does not contain the second value either.  Is there somewhere else in the
> settings this value could have been lost?

Xml Serialization: how to control field/data format?
Hi! I'd like to control how an int field is serialized/deserialized. Specifically, I'd like to the value to be BINARY in the XML (since it makes sense in the context of my program), e.g something like this: .... <record> <intField>00101101</intField> </record> .... What's the correct way to control the field's format? Is there a way to do this using some Attribute? Or should I wrap the int field in a class and implement my own serialization/deserialization methods? I assume this is a common serialization problem, e.g. people probably want to form...

many-to-many table setup?
I am having trouble figuring out how to set up tables/fields for the following problem. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I currently have three tables: tblIndividual IndID FirstName LastName tblAttendance (join table between the other two) AttendID AtIndID AtEventID tblEvent EventID EventName other event info I have been asked to include a field which would keep track of options each individual chooses for each event. Currently there are three options (receive newsletter, receive a call, join), but I can envision adding more in the future. ...

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

How to remove a field value using Bulk Edit
Does anyone know how to remove a field value using Bulk Edit? The goal is to make the field blank for all selected records. ...

Sort and sum data in a table
I have a table of names, with multiple entries of each name. Each name has 5 columns of data that needs to be summed up. If I use a pivot table, it does not allow me to have column A as the name, B the sum of column B, C the sum of C, etc. It forces the data into individual rows, which is not good. Is there a way to create a list of unique names, and then sum up each column of data for each of these names? Thanks in advance Tim, Perhaps you need to put the name header (column A) into the row area of the pivot table, and each of the B, C, etc., headers into the data area, for totals...

Missing Folders after Sync

Tasks form corrupted: Recurrence field is greyed out
Hi I installed outlook4teams and then uninstalled it. The Recurrenc button on the Outlook 2002 Task form is now grayed out. I have trie uninstalling and re-installing Office XP to no avail. How might I approach fixing this? Thanks and best wishes Ma ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I also have MS Outlook 2002. I keep getting a message "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." Ages ago, I do...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

"Date Last Saved" cell value
I need a "Date Last Saved" cell in my Excel 2003 workbook, one that updates when I save the file but doesn't update when I merely open it. I'm sure I remember such a function in an earlier version, but can't find one in my current version. Does it exist somewhere, or if not does anyone know a workaround? Thanks ==> Dick Hi Dick, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm#beforesave A google web search would also work. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...

Shared subform table
I posted this problem several months back and although I received a lot of help on it, I wasn't able to get my problem resolved. I'm starting fresh now and would like to give it another shot. Here is my problem put as simply as possible: I'm working with three tables: "RMAGEN" fields are ID and Customer "OrderInfo" fields are ID and Customer "Products" fields are ID, OID, RID and ProductDescription *This is scaled down, but I can expand later. I just wan...

moving cells based certain value
Last part of my problem. How do I get 3 cells to replace 3 cells based on if I1=yes or no. I have information in cells c1,d1,e1 and I need to replace these with the information in cells f1, g1, h1. Basically just clearing those 3 cells and replacing with f,g,h. I am unable to delete and move left or use an if statement because all of the other info from 14000 rows would be affected as well. As you can see rows 2,3 and 4 need to stay intact. I can enter a new column before C and include a formula, but am having such a hard time figuring out what I need. Columns A B ...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Missing Message Text

Copying and pasting a range x times based on user-defined value of x
I posted this in the members section, but haven't received a solution to my problem yet. Essentially I have a problem where I have a row with some user inputs and formulas that calculate based on those user inputs. There is another user input field (on another sheet) where they enter in a number ("x"). I'm trying to create a macro that will paste that row with formulas "x" times based on the user-defined value of the "x" field. In other words, if the user types in 40 in the user field, the macro pastes the row with formulas 39 times (sinc...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

count values across multiple sheets
good day i have a workbook consisting of several sheets. each sheet depicts data for several critera related to that specific sheet (the row fields are the same across each sheet) which is further broken down into categories specific for that area. in the summary sheet which also share the same rows i should be able to select a category (from a dropdown) which will give me a summary of those fields in each category. i.e the headings for the categories on each sheet would be 1 to 100(area 1, area 2, etc). furthermore fields making up the rows for those headings(e.g apples, pears, oranges, etc)...

lookup a value "greater than" 0
How would I do a lookup in a row with 4 values: 0 4.8 3.2 0 to find the first value that is greater than 0? The answer should be 4.8 but what would the formula look like? Thanks, Harold I hope someone can suggest something cleaner, but I think this will work... If your values are in row 1: =IF(A1>0,A1,INDEX(1:1,1+MATCH(0.0000000001,1:1,1))) "Harold Good" wrote: > How would I do a lookup in a row with 4 values: > 0 4.8 3.2 0 > to find the first value that is greater than 0? The answer should be 4.8 but > what would the formula look...

searching and collating values in multiple sheets
Ok firstly in your responses (assuming there are any!) please conside me a retard at least that way I'll be more familiar with the terminlog and formulae used. This is going to be a pain to explain as I cant us tables on this forum it seems so forgive the formatting :P Also bear in mind im operating off a very locked system and I have n net access there and a very cut down version of excel so I dont hav access to plugins or some of the more advanced functions only availabl on custom installs. In excel how can I count a specific set of values and have it retur them: so there would be a...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Three Highest Values
I need to link the three highest values from a column to another worksheet. I also need to include two labels for each value. For instance: I have an amount of scrap parts, which is a calculated value. I need to find the three highest offenders, and the part number and operation. I have tried everything I can think of. see response in worksheet.function -- HTH RP "chrish" <chrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAEAF3B6-391B-45BD-9809-9749738B3FAA@microsoft.com... > I need to link the three highest values from a column to another worksheet. I > ...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Last "Numeric Value" in a column of formulas
I have formulas in column A. I will sometimes enter a numeric value in one of the rows of column A. How do I find the last Row in which I have entered a numeric value? Example Column A (below) should produce a result of Row 10 because 7 is the last numeric value: =B1 =B2 2 7 =B5 =B6 =B7 2 9 3 =B11 =B12 =B13 Thanks for your help... On Mar 20, 1:14 pm, iamnu <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have formulas in column A. > I will sometimes enter a numeric value in one of the rows of column A. > > How do I find the last Row in which I have entered a numeric value? > > Exampl...