maintaining constant percentage

Am trying to construct formula in excel 2007 for maintaining a constant percentage.  Example: company 1 has 1,000 shares.  Company 2 wants to purchase 10% of company 1 and always maintain the 10% rate. Buying 10% more shares would give a total of 1,100 and their percentage would be less than 10%.    What formula can be used to calculate this and would find out how many more shares they would need to purchase in the event company 3 purchases X shares.
0
SF123 (1)

Try thinking backwards, If company 1 has 90% of the shares and company 2 has
10%. Then all you do is divide 1000 by 90 and then multiply by 10 =111.11 Or
just to make life easier divide 1000 by 9. If company 3 buys shares then all
you do is add the shares of company 1 and company 3 and divide by 9 that
gives company 2 10% of the total.

Regards
  Steve

"SF123" wrote:

> Am trying to construct formula in excel 2007 for maintaining a constant percentage.  Example: company 1 has 1,000 shares.  Company 2 wants to purchase 10% of company 1 and always maintain the 10% rate. Buying 10% more shares would give a total of 1,100 and their percentage would be less than 10%.    What formula can be used to calculate this and would find out how many more shares they would need to purchase in the event company 3 purchases X shares.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
> .

How do I maintain formatting?
I'm using Word 2K and when I save as a .txt file all formatting is lost. I use a Text to HTML converter prior to uploading to a website. How do I go about preserving the formatting so that the web doc looks like the one I created in Word? Best regards, -- VHH III Txt is plain text and that does not support formatting. Html does support formatting, but its requirements are entirely different from those of a Word document and so there is little correlation between the two. You can view what the Word document will look like in html by using the Web view. -- <>&...

how do i get annual percentage difference reports in excel
i'm looking to compare two sets of figures for year on year accounts and would like to ahve the percentage difference calculated whether it be positive or negative, i.e. whether sales have increased or fallen on that week compared to the same week last year. i could do this with a calculator and do it manually but i have a lot of data to crunch and need a helping hand thanks =(Thisyearcellref-Lastyearcellref)/Lastyearcellref Format the result as % "mitch" <mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E29EACEC-B7C0-4400-A6A3-72F42E33A694@microsoft.com... ...

Maintaining Links
All, I have a db that is linked to a table of another db. They are kept in one folder. Whenver I move the folder to another comp or change the location I need to re-link. How do I maintain the link so that I don't have to relink every time I move the folder? Thanks in advance. What you are asking is "How can I be in 2 places at the same time?" Do I really need to answer that? On the other hand, you can have the front-end app automatically ask for the new location. Have a look at the following: http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://...

Displaying a percentage
Sorry if this appears to be a newbie question, but how do I display percentage figure of another cell. Example: A1 �52.89 A2 17.5% of A1 Thank yo -- Timeferre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Timeferret's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1917 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57146 ============================================================= About percentages in Excel Niek Otten, July 26 2006 In Excel, percentages are stored as fractions; 15% i...

Maintaining Format
We have a 400 page tech manual with tons of formatting: figures, tables with auto numbering, chapters and paragraph numbering. There are 4 folks on the team re-writing the document and when we combine the doc, all the formatting gets jumbled. Is there a way to create a formatting template perhaps and pass that to all the writers? You should set up a template with the appropriate paragraph styles and have all editors use the template. More to the point, if all editors make use of the same (set of) styles and apply them consistently, the formatting will straighten itself out as t...

Maintain 1 List... Twice
Good afternoon all, Just wondering if this is possible. I started maintaining a list of what files we kept archived at a storage facility, based on a list that was on paper. I finally got all the boxes typed in, resulting in a list which has all the files in each box, grouped by what box they are in. However, for the sake of searching these files, it's best if I have them alphabetically as well. My solution was to make a copy of the "List" called "Alpha". Alpha contains the list, sorted by surname. Every time I catalogue a new box, I copy it into "Alpha" an...

Maintaining cricket stats
Hello, I'm a relative nOOb to Excel. I'm going to be maintaining stats for a cricket league. Its goingto be: Column A: Name, B: Games played, C: Runs(points)scored, D: Highest score etc... Now, my problem is, since there are 168 players, and they'll be playing around 16 games each whole season, I need to add up their stats end-of-season as easily as possible. I could use simple SUM(C1+C2+C3+...Cn) for the total runs and all, but doing it individually for each player would take long, plus each player wont be playing the same number of games , so i'd have to alter the fo...

Maintain Formatting
When I paste my resume or upload it to Monster.com the formatting is always messed up. How do I prevent or fix this. Because it doesn't want a formatted document. What I do is to keep a plain text version. I tweaked it to look nice and pasted that into the career sites. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lindaw1984" <Lindaw1984@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7A1488C-63AC-4644-85C2-F029AA7F9AA5@microsoft.com... > When I paste my resume or upload it to Mons...

Word crashes or hangs constantly

PT Maintain Group Label
When I have no data for a group, the group becomes invisible and th group label loses its name. For instance: Group MM becomes group1. Thi table is run against an OLAP cube and I understand that this is standar behavior. Does anyone know how to maintain the label name -- Steele ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steeler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27664 ...

Percentage Incorrect In Pie Chart
I have a pie chart very simple Calculation is A1= 19 (# of inmates Re-Offended) B1 = 65 (# of Inmates Have NO Re-Offended) 19/65 = .292307692 Pie chart should show 29% have Re-offended and 71 % have not Re-Offended But it shows 23% Have Reoffended and 77% have NOT Re-Offended. What is going on? WHat am I doing wrong? This should be so simple. HELP!!! Your total number of inmates is 84. 19 of 84 inmates (22.6%) have re-offended. 65 of 84 inmates (77.4%) of no re-offended. Gladys wrote: > I have a pie chart very simple > Calculation is > A1= 19 (# of inmates Re-Offended) &g...

junk mail maintains disabling when moved to Inbox
Recently when I select an email from the Junk Mail folder, mark it as not junk and allow the sender as a safe sender and then move the email to my Inbox, the email is still showing this dialogue "Links and other functionality have been disabled in this message. To restore functionality, move this message to the Inbox. This message was marked as spam unsing the Outlook Junk E-mail filter." It used to be that when I did all the steps and moved it to my Inbox, the message was like any accepted message, but this way I can't reply or move it anywhere else. If you are...

Document maintainance
I need the number of currently opened documents to maintain a TabCtrl with the titles. I found a way to do it with the undocumented CDocManager::GetOpenDocumentCount(). Is this a reliable way or is there maybe a better one? I'm just wondering why such an important function is undocumentd. TIA, Hans ...

Maintaining scroll position in CListCtrl
Hi there, If I have a CListCtrl large enough that I have a horizontal scroll bar, how can I maintain the scroll bar position after a list sort. Currently, if I scroll to the right, far enough that am no longer on the original "page", and sort a column here, the list gets repainted, and I end up back on the first "page", not seeing the column I had sorted. I want to maintain the scroll bar position when I sort. How can I go about doing this? Thank you. Going to give what is stated in here a try: http://groups.google.ca/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.usi...

Migrate exchange maintaining sbs
Hi guys, I've a very doubt about how to proceed with my project.. There is one SBS2003sp2 and I would like to install new Exchange 2010 on a separate windows 2008 standard server. These are steps that I want to do: 1) Install Exchange 2010 on new win2008 server (standalone, not domain controller) 2) move mailboxes on new server 3) stop all exchange services on SBS This should be enough to migrate exchange users? Could be some problems for SBS ? thanks very much for any advice Bye andrew In article <acf5bdb2-04c1-47fb-8334- 3367fa139c6c@k33g2000yqc.googlegroups....

Maintain One Shape Dimension When Resizing a Group
I have protected the width of a 2 dimensional shape (the locks do appear on the width selection handles) and added other shapes to form a group. If I resize the width of this group, the width of the protected shape also changes in spite of the lock. I see that this behaviour is characteristic of grouped stencil shapes as well. Does anyone know how to prevent this (I'm stuck with Visio verions 4.5 or 2000)? Thanks. On 15 Mar 2007 07:32:41 -0700, "Dave" <yullneverknow@mail.com> wrote: >I have protected the width of a 2 dimensional shape (the locks do >appear on the w...

Maintaining trusted senders (junk mail)
Is there any way to maintain a global trusted list of e.g. trusted domains? I would like to update a list that get imported in Outlook every week, as we constantly add new customers as trusted domains. -- IT/MsC/ITAdm Engineering Services ...

Maintainence Release? When?
When is the fabled maintanence release for Publisher that will fix all of these page size/order etc. problems actually coming out? That's a good question. Unfortunately none of us are privy to that information. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Puzzled Publisher" <BuffaloFilmFestival@gmail.com> wrote in message news:30af06c3-aa09-4a18-b56a-c3b9325ddb70@r27g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > When is the fabled maintanence release for Publisher that will fix all > of these page size/order etc....

Maintain an old application
I maintain an application for Win NT4 but this application was develop with VS 6 and I have VS.Net 2003. When I compile the application that runs with MF42.dll (dynamic link) in fact the application is looking for MFC71.dll ? How can I do ? Thanks When you compile under VS.Net you will get an executable that wants MFC71.DLL. The only way to get an executable that uses MFC42.DLL is to compile it under VS6. Therefore, you will have to distribute MFC71.DLL with the program. There is no other way to manage this. joe On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:27:30 -0700, "Gloupy" <anonymou...

Maintaining log
Sir, In our server in 3months 10.2 GB of Exchange log file is generated. i had moved that log file other server. Shall i delete all the log files which was moved to other server. Did that all log files required at time of any exchange server crash or exchange server can be recovered using existing log ?? Waiting for your reply Regards Sathish Kumar On Sat, 28 May 2005 02:48:04 -0700, sathish kumar nair <sathishkumarnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sir, > >In our server in 3months 10.2 GB of Exchange log file is generated. i had >moved that log file other ser...

How to keep source data for the Excel Charts constant ... Please H
Hi, I am creating excel charts using C#. The range for creating chart is from Row1 to Row400. After the chart is created, first 100 rows need to be deleted. When I delete the first 100 rows (Row1 to Row100), the data range for chart reduces to 300 (Row1 to Row300). I dont want this to happen. I want that the source data range should always remain constant i.e. from Row1 to Row400. Code Snippet xlBookScript = (Excel.Workbook)xlBooks.Open(sDestinationFile, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing,...

constant request for a printer
I loaded Publisher on my laptop and every time I open a document it tells me that no printer is detected. I know! It's a laptop. I put the files to floppy and print them at home. Any idea how to get it to stop asking? You need to install a printer (driver) and set it as the default. Use the driver for the printer you're going to use at home. It doesn't have to be physically attached to the computer. Publisher has to know what printer you're going to be printing on so it knows how to format the publication. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fai...

Calculating current grade percentage
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't find it in the search If I have values in column B (B3:B18) and enter in values in column C (C3:C18) and want to find the current total percentage in cell C19 how do I set up the formula to only add the cells in column B that have values in Column C? Example A B C Week 1 20 20 Week 2 20 20 Week 3 20 20 We...

percentages calculated for a report
I have a report for a query that pulls from 3 tables. The main table contains employee hours by month and budget code. The supplemental tables contain budget code descriptions and additional employee information. In the code footer, I calculate the total hours by code for the year-to-date. In the employee footer, I calculate the total hours by employee for the year-to-date. What I would like to add is column that shows the total hours by code as a percent of the total hours by employee. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Hello. C. Adamek wrote: > I have a r...

Maintain email data across 2 computers?
Hi, Sorry if this is a basic question, couldn't find the answer in my searches. I'm buying a laptop which will be networked with my desktop PCs when at home. I may use the laptop to download and read my email. Until now I have only used one of my desktops to do this. How can I ensure that my email correspondence is not split between the laptop and the desktop? In other words, if I have been using outlook express on the laptop, then I switch to the desktop, I will want to have access to the emails downloaded on the laptop. Ideally I would like all my email correspondence to appear on b...