Lose Formatting

We have a pretty intense Excel Workbook that we use on a daily bases.
We are currently running MS 2007 but this Workbook is running in
97-2003 because we just changed over about 6 months ago. The issue is
that in the past week the this file keeps losing it format. Can't seem
to figure out why.
1
wayne

Reference Cell in custom format????
I am trying to reference another cell in the custom format area. how it is seet up currently, I have a column (A) that will have the quantity, column (B) has the unit of the quantity, and column (C) has the unit price, followed by column (D) that will have the total cost of the object (i.e. column A * C = D) I am trying to have column C set up so all I have to do is type the unit price but the custom format of the cell will change the value to include the label that is in the column next to it (B).......currently for examples sake, I am trying to set the unit price to 50, and the unit o...

Funny Characters in Rich Text / HTML Formatted Emails
We run Exchange 2003. One of our users has noticed that when he sends Rich Text or HTML formatted emails to his wife's Hotmail account, some funny characters seem to be interspersed within the body of the message. It seems that when a sentence is split by two spaces, a capital A with a hat on appears. Does anyone know if this is a problem with Exchange or Hotmail? I setup a test email that I know will highlight the issue and got my friends to send it to my Hotmail account from their corporate systems. Their emails display fine! ...

Formatting bar not where it was
For some reason, the formatting bar in Outlook 2003 will not stay under the subject line. I drag it down and the very next time I start Outlook, it's right back up under the regular toolbar. How can I make it stay where I want it to? I've never had a problem before, it's just recently...more then likely after an update? Thanks in advance, BetteBoop57 BetteBoop57 wrote: > For some reason, the formatting bar in Outlook 2003 will not stay under > the subject line. I drag it down and the very next time I start Outlook, > it's right back up under the re...

Outlook format
When someone receives an email from me, why is the format different from the appearence that was sent ? It depends on what they are using to read it. You may use word to edit the mail and they may not have that feature enabled and be using rich test or text only "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:283001c49c32$d9694830$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When someone receives an email from me, why is the format > different from the appearence that was sent ? ...

Outlook Client Is Losing Connection To Microsoft CRM While Online
Hi. I have Rollup 2 installed on both the Outlook Client and the server. On my laptop, I am running Win XP Pro with SP 2 and all the updates applied and Outlook 2003 with all the updates applied. I am noticing that I seem to be losing the connection to Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client. Right after I boot my laptop I am able to access to Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client for between 4 hours to a day. After that if I click on the Accounts, Contacts or Leads folders nothing seems to happen. I have waited up to 10 minutes after clicking and nothing. At this point I can still use...

Conditional Formatting help....
Hi All, Background: I have a cell That I'm checking these three conditions against. B5= 100%, C5 = Blank Three conditional formats: =AND((B5-C5)>=1%,($B5-C5)<=9%) (Background=YelloW (91% to 99%)) =AND((B5-C5)>=10%) - (Background =Red (below 90%)) =AND((C5>=B5) - (Background=Green (100% or greater)) Problem: Before any data is entered the cells are all colored red because the value in them is 0 by default. Is there a way to get around this? I would like the user to enter a 0, have the cell check the conditions, and then turn it ...

Font formatting in VBE
I have some docvariables tied to docvariable fields of which some need to be BOLD fonts but others tied to the same field do not. If I bold the field in the document, then all the docvariables are bold which is not my intent. How can i selectively bold some but not all of the docvariables? I've tried to highlight the specific variable and "control-B" but it doesn't seem to have any affect. tx Sub ScratchMaco() MsgBox "Use the ""\* CharFormat"" switch in your DocVariable fields and format" _ & "the ""D&quo...

Calculations adding Text formats #2
I am new at this so please bear with me. I am using Excel XP. In my column I have a list of numbers. Some are formatted as text and some are formatted at numeric. When I insert by formula it seems to be calculating the entire column, even the text formatted cells. What am I doing wrong. Example Cell A1 = 5 - numeric Cell A2 = 5 - text format Cell A3 = 5 - text format Cell A4 = 5 - numeric format formula states =sum(a1:a4) the total should be 10 not 20. Correct? It depends on when you do the formatting. If you enter a number and then reformat the cell to text, it will still show u...

Message formatting
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 as part of Office 2007 on XPSP2. When I send a message the formatting is fine. However, when I receive a reply, my original message has extra "line breaks" or carriage returns in it. Is there any way to prevent this? -- Thanks, Bob "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23$aDhtutKHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2007 as part of Office 2007 on XPSP2. When I send a > message the formatting is > fine. However, when I receive a reply, my original message has extra "li...

Why do I lose contacts?
I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone? Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that? On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:12:01 -0800, Davis Straub wrote: > I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone? > > Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that? Not a clue. I ran Windows Live Mail without signing in to Windows Live Services for three, or four days. My Contacts list never changed, or disappeared during that time. It is, however, different than the Contacts list I normally see ...

SS#'s lose lose formatting in .csv
Hi, I have a user who is entering a list of ss numbers. She has to have them in this format: 024574882 712894748 First off, we can't get the leading 0 to stay, it just disappears. I have tried formatting the column as text, as numbers, as custom #########, and like '983474744. No matter what we do, after saving and opening it again, the leading 0's are gone and some number turn in exponential notations. Can someone please help?? This should be an easy fix, but it seems the formatting I put on this does not hold!! thanks in advance.....Bill Select the column Either cl...

Is there a 'format painter' equivalent to use on many charts?
I'm trying to format a group of charts (roughly 40) so that they all have the same formatting (font sizes, colors, alignment, etc.). Is there an easy way to do this without having to change every axis and background on every chart? I've tried the trick where you change something on one chart, click on another, and press F4, but it was formatting all text on the chart in the same way. I'm looking to have different fonts for the title, labels, and axis. Thanks! Copy the chart area of one chart, select another, and use Paste Special to paste the formats. Note that this ...

formatting text box around graphic
Ok. I have 2 columns and a small picture on one page. The text is flowing from Col1 to Col2. The picture is in the upper left of Col1. I moved it to the upper center of the page, overlapping both columns a little. Col1 text flowed around the image. Col2 text stayed behind the image. I tried to format the text box and couldn't get it to flow. Any ideas? -- Hugs, Erika To auto flow from one text box to another, try this: Your column two can't have anything in it, so extend column one down far enough to accept all the text in column two. Cut the text in column two and paste ...

DPM2010 beta tape format / disk format and future compatibility?
DPM gurus, We are looking to move our entire backup system from Symantec BE 12.5 to DPM, and at the same time implement a D2D2T system with DPM. We have an LTO3 robot for tape, and I currently have ~4TB of raw storage that I plan to put into a hardware (LSI SAS 8888ELP with BBU) RAID5 array, with the ability to expand it further if needed (controller has an external SAS port). We currently backup about 300-400GB to tape nightly and I really only need one or two days of data to live on disk for any length of time. Is on-disk data from the 2010 beta going to be compatible wi...

losing pictures
I had produced a 3 fold brochure and printed it successfully for months. Then one day 2 of the jpg files stopped printing. I have reloaded Publisher, done everything I can think of, but can not get those files to print on the office color printer. They will print on the Black and white. The brochure will print from someone else's computer!!!! if I save the file on a CD and print it from someone who has Publisher. I talked to Gateway and they said it was my problem, this is a new 2003 computer, with 2002 Publisher. Can anyone help Update your printer driver from the website of your prin...

Column width format
When I copy tables into Excel the columns are not adjusted to fit the contents. I select the the table and double click to adjust the width but it only adjusts one column even though the table is selected. Is there a way that I can just double click one time and it does the whole table? Thanks in advance. Hi Falcios If you just copy a table, the column widths are not brought across. To bring the column widths, you must copy the entire columns. The other option is: (1) Copy the table across as you are currently doing (2) Then go back to the original spreadsheet and ...

Visio 2007 - "Save as" PNG Format
Hello everybody After googling around for about an hour, I'm gonna try here... I've made a drawing in 1820*980 pixel resolution, and want to save it in the PNG file format, but i get the error message: "An error has occured (920)..." when i used the "save as" function... No matter what format i choose... jpg, bmp, gif or png, I get the same error I found a solution on technet, but it was for Visio 2002, and it didn't help me out at all since it told me to save my drawing in png file format to get rid of the error message :-( I hobe someone ...

Formatting Toolbar disappears
I have a user with Outlook 2002 sp 2 and the formatting toolbar keeps disappearing for no apparent reason. Any ideas why this is happening or can I disable the user from changing it? thanks John ...

Convert Date Format
Hi. I have a column of datatype nvarchar(255) which stores date. It contains date value in different date formats. Now I want to convert the column datatype to datetime with format DD/MM/YYYY in SQL Server 2000. Regards, Muhammad Bilal Muhammad, The difficulty will be in interpreting the different date formats in the character strings and determining which format the date is in. For some examples. Two digit years are very hard to recognize: select convert(datetime, '08/12/31', 1) -- 2031-08-12 00:00:00.000 select convert(datetime, '08/12/31', 2) -- 200...

Lose Focus
Env: VC++6.00 I want a control on a Dialog to be losed focus after it is disabled by EnableWindow(FALSE). I don't care who will get the focus, so I don't want to use SetFocus(). Is there a way? TIA William >I want a control on a Dialog to be losed focus after it is disabled by >EnableWindow(FALSE). >I don't care who will get the focus, so I don't want to use SetFocus(). > >Is there a way? William, Try using CDialog::NextDlgCtrl or maybe PostMessage WM_NEXTDLGCTL to the dialog. Dave Thanks Dave. That is exactly what I want. William > Try using CDial...

blocked file format
I am using a procedure that saves password-protected a 2007 excel file to a folder. when I try to open it I get the message: "excel cannot open the file because the file format or file extention is not valid,,," I was told that making the folder a "trusted location" will prevent file format blocking but that doesn't seem to work either. Nor does changing to other 2007 extensions, including xlsb. anyone have any ideas? -- stan In which format (extension) your procedure is saving the excel file? In *.XLS, *.XLSX, *.XLSM Or *.XLSB? At the sa...

is there a way to format all cells that are formulas a color at o.
I have a spreadsheet that has formulas and numbers in it. I want to color code all of the cells that have formulas but I do not want to have to copy the action over and over. Is there a way to do the whole spreadsheet at once? Hi Priceie, Try: Edit | GoTo | Special | check Formulas | Ok | Apply desired formatting --- Regards, Norman "priceie" <priceie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:236370A6-8906-4091-AB2C-CAEBFBB9FE28@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that has formulas and numbers in it. I want to color > code all of the cells that hav...

Losing online passwords
Money 2001. Recently, when I connect to online services, the password for my Discover Card account is sometimes missing. The other online banks remember their passwords. I always re-enter it and check "remember passwords", but about every 6 times I log on, the Discover password is missing. I just recently installed XP. Can anyone explain? I have noticed the same problem on my 98SE Money 2004. Must be on Discover's end. "OhMarty" <ohmarty@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23OVhbJ6KEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Money 2001. Recently, when I connect to o...

Formatting cell
I'm trying to bullet proof a spreadsheet for other users. I would like to format a cell ($E13) to show the month (Jan) when only entering a "1". However, when I custom format that cell "mmm", it changes the cell value to 1/1/1900 which affects my conditional formatting (Condition #1: =AND((MOD(ROW(),2)=0),$E13<($Q$1),$E13<>"") for bold red text and alternating row colors; Condition #2: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 for alternating row colors; Condition #3: =AND($E13<($Q$1-1),$E13<>0)) for bold red text. I've been working on this too lo...

how to create conditional format linked to date
I wish to create a conditional format linked to date, for example if info. in cell is less than 2 months old, the cell is green, if info. is more than 2 months old the cell turns red. one way: Format the cell to green. The Format>Conditional Formating>change cell is to formula is =if(today()-60=a1,true,false) and set the format to red HTH "nicko68" wrote: > I wish to create a conditional format linked to date, for example if info. in > cell is less than 2 months old, the cell is green, if info. is more than 2 > months old the cell turns red. I don't beli...