Lookup functions-V lookup

Hi,
can some one help me with below:

I have a huge data in excel work book 2003 approx 25000 rows,
For example 1:

ID                CODE        Balance Type    Value             Month
      Year
789126         AXY          ACB                $ 20                 Jan
            2009
789126         Tyx          ACB                 $ 30                 Jan
             2009
789126         ANC         ACB                 $ 30                 Jan
            2009
789127        AXY          ACB                 $ 30                  Jan
             2009
789127        AXY          ACB                 $ 30                  Jan
             2009
789127        AXY          ACB                 $ 02                  Jan
             2009
789127       AXY          ACB                  $ 02                  Jan
             2009
789126        Tyx          ACB                 $ 08                  FEB
           2009
789127        AXY          ACB                 $ 09                  FEB
            2009

row are exactly like mentioned above.
Here I wanted data for IDs in the below format: as follows.

For example:2

ID                CODE        Balance Type         Jan    Feb   Mar   Api
May   June

789126         ANC         ACB                       $20   $08    0
0     0        0
789126         Tyx          ACB                       $30     0      0
  0     0       0
789126         ANC         ACB                      $ 30     0

how do I get data from the example 1 to example 2 as mentioned.

Could I request some one to help me with solution?

Regards
Manju

Hi

Let's assume you want your result table on separate sheet, starting from
column A and having headers in 1st row. And source data are on sheet Sheet1,
also starting from column A and having headers in row 1.

In result table, into cell D2 enter the formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000=$A2),--(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$1000=$B2),--(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$1000=$C2),--(Sheet1!$E$2:$E$1000=D$1),(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$1000))
, and copy it to fill the entire table.

Arvi Laanemets

"Manju" <Manju@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> can some one help me with below:
>
> I have a huge data in excel work book 2003 approx 25000 rows,
> For example 1:
>
> ID                CODE        Balance Type    Value             Month
>      Year
> 789126         AXY          ACB                $ 20                 Jan
>            2009
> 789126         Tyx          ACB                 $ 30                 Jan
>             2009
> 789126         ANC         ACB                 $ 30                 Jan
>            2009
> 789127        AXY          ACB                 $ 30                  Jan
>             2009
> 789127        AXY          ACB                 $ 30                  Jan
>             2009
> 789127        AXY          ACB                 $ 02                  Jan
>             2009
> 789127       AXY          ACB                  $ 02                  Jan
>             2009
> 789126        Tyx          ACB                 $ 08                  FEB
>           2009
> 789127        AXY          ACB                 $ 09                  FEB
>            2009
>
> row are exactly like mentioned above.
> Here I wanted data for IDs in the below format: as follows.
>
> For example:2
>
> ID                CODE        Balance Type         Jan    Feb   Mar   Api
> May   June
>
> 789126         ANC         ACB                       $20   $08    0
> 0     0        0
> 789126         Tyx          ACB                       $30     0      0
>  0     0       0
> 789126         ANC         ACB                      $ 30     0
>
> how do I get data from the example 1 to example 2 as mentioned.
>
> Could I request some one to help me with solution?
>
> Regards
> Manju

0
Arvi

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

Question about IF function
I would like to have every cell in column A that has value of "0.00" be changed to "NO" and every cell that is > 0.00 to have number values changed to "YES". What would the formula be? Thanks in advance. Not sure why you're thinking IF() function. If you just want to display "YES" or "NO", choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom and enter: "YES";;"NO";@ Otherwise In article <12750bd4-e150-4c25-92ca-2b06e540f525@t3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, excel_21 <lin.jeff.21@gmail.com> wrote: > I would like...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Select range for function in a cell
Hi, is it possible to select create a formula in a cell. such as =SUM( and have the cursor be between the () so the user can select th appopriate range to enter? Or would this just be done separately. (Since one would need to know the range and WHERE to put the formul in..ie. what cell) similar to if you hit the autosum button but ther are no numbers above or the left, it simply waits for the user t select a range and then hits enter. THanks! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if I understood you correctly: No -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, is it p...

Need offset function help, I think
I have 10 products rows with a cost in column BW of rows 21 thru 30, i.e., cells BW21 down to BW30. Those 10 products have the # of units sold each month, for 22 months, shown in rows 41 thru 50, in columns E thru Z, so column E is month #1 ... col Z is month #22. The total range is cells E40 thru Z40. There is a cost factor vector that has six factors in row 70, cells G70 thru L70. These are to be used =91for all time periods=92 and for all products. Any time there is a sale of a product in a certain month, I want to enter six months of cost associated with producing the item...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

SumIf Function #3
I'm trying to use the SumIf Function (as I understand its use) and I keep running into the same problems -- in many cases I have more than one criterion for addind a specific cell. Is there a way to modify SumIf to allow for multiple criteria? I try to do it in the insert function box and it gets spit back out at me. Any ideas? Jay Jay look at SUMPRODUCT Look at the Help and search the Archives for examples Regards Trevor "jayceejay" <jayceejay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39CB49F6-4459-4A4B-8856-E3E8BE615FFB@microsoft.com... > I'm...

DECIMAL v DOUBLE
I'm pretty new to SQL and am a little confused as to which field type I should use to store my 'currency' type data. What's the main difference between these two data types and which would best fit the purpose? I want to store signed numerical data with up to 6 decimal places. Thanks in advance for any help. DECIMAL is an exact numeric, whereas DOUBLE is approximate - which means that whilst you can store e.g. 1.234567 in a decimal and it's equal to 1.234567, for a double this may be stored as 1.23456699999999. Doubles can cause grief with compari...

Upgrading Ms CRM1.2 to MS CRM3.0 V Beta
Hi, We have configured MS CRM 1.2 in our Organization and its working fine.Now we would like to instal MS CRM3.0 beta and upgrade the existing MSCRM1.2 to MSCRM 3.0 beta. Is it possible to upgrade the CRM server without loosing the data? Help needed thanks in advance Regards, Raju Raju, You should be able to upgrade your system with no data loss, the only things that won't will be unsupported customisations. HTH, Cheers Ben Trinity Expert Systems Don't do that for your production system! It is very unlikely, and not supported, that you will be able to upgrad...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

CRM Functionality does not appear in Outlook
Hi all... Hope someone can help here - I am a non-technie looking after the install of CRM for a small sales organisation. I have succesfully installed the outlook client on all laptops but on 1 desktop I am getting a problem. I have installed all pre-requisites and passed all pre-install checks, and the installation appears to go smoothly. However, the additional functionality does not appear in outlook. No error codes are generated so I can't be more specific than this I'm afraid, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Holmesy in outlook go to tools options..then get t...

IF Function Problem
Hello All, I am using Office XP and have the following problem I have a worksheet which uses lookup to extract names from range name Codes as follows Col O=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D2,CODES,6,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP(D2,CODES,6,FALSE))) I wish to add another IF condition to the above formula to test that: If Col D2 = EGSP AND Col A = date greater than or equal to 15-Nov-2005 then it should display the name as 'Jack' otherwise 'James'. All other values should remain unchanged Thanks a lot Rashid =IF(D2="EGSP",IF(A2>=--"2005-11-15","Jack",&q...

Consistent function of Utilities logon screen when applying hotfix
When our users attempt to install a hotfix roll-up, when they are logging into Dynamic Utilities for the first time, the user interface is very touchy. What I mean is that they must click the username field and then type. Then, they must use the mouse again to click the password field and type. Then, they must click the OK button. If they try to use backspace, enter key, tab key, etc., extra characters are inserted. The only way that they can "edit" their username and password information during logon is to use the mouse to highlight and the type over the information. ...

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

How to call a non static function from a static function
Hi I need to go to a non static function from a static function?can anybody suggest me how to do it?any kind of help will be greatly appreciated. You need to pass the object whose function you want to call. static void s_foo( A* a ); class A{ public: A(); ~A(); void funcA(); }; main() { ... A a; s_foo(&a); } static void s_foo( A* a ) { a->funcA(); } -Seetharam ...

Disable COPY function
Does anyone know how can I avoid/restrict people Copying-n- pasting data from my excel spread-sheet. I am trying to lock down an excel spread-sheet to "Read Only" - in its true sense and dis-allow even copying data from this sheet to any other. Basically I want to turn off the COPY function. Secondly, if a person saves this sheet locally under another file name, how would I still disallow the COPY function. Is there any VBA module (which I can later password protect) which takes care of this. I do not have admin rights to set folder/file server permissions and the hiararch...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...

Calculating turaround time using IF function
I'm just learning to use the IF function, and it is not calculating correctly, so am looking for help. I'm using Excel 2000. For my spreadsheet, if a document is made available after 1700 hours or before 0700 hours the following day, I want it to calculate the turnaround time for those reports to begin at 0700 hours; otherwise calculate the remainder of the reports from the time the report became available to completion. Here's the IF statement I'm attempting to use with little success. E=Time report available I=Finish time =IF(OR(E>"17:00:00",E&l...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...

Lookup #4
I am trying to label my bank info that I import into Excel. I have a column with the charge amount and a column with the recipient. I think a lookup table would work for this, but I need to have it check for wildcards. For example, the grocery chain is numbered here, so one might be GROCER 5454 and one may be GROCER 8724, so I need the function to look for GROCER*, right? Also, if it does not fit any category, how can I get it to use "Other"? Do I make that one just "*"? Mine is not working very well. Maybe my syntax is wrong. Any ideas? TIA Is there anyway you can st...

function
The function is as follows: =IF(SMALL(C6:V6,2)="#NUM!","",SMALL(C6:V6,2)) Explanation Purpose: Try to compare a series of numbers, finding out the second smallest number. If: The answer is error (ie #NUM!) since there is no number in the row Then: show nothing (ie "") Else: show the answer as usual ** Problem ** However this function doesn't work. When there is an error, it will show as #NUM! instead of nothing (ie ""). How to solve? Thanks. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP maybe: =IF(ISERROR(...

Filter message by reverse domain lookup
Hello all, I am kinda new to Exchange and was wondering if there was a function built into Exchange 2000 that would "look" at the source domain of the email message and then perform a "reverse" DNS lookup to verify that the domain actually exists and if it doesn't then have Exchange discard the email without sending an NDR? Is this possible strait out of the box? It seems like I remember iMail gateway having this feature. I am trying to filter out some of the spam that fills up my users inboxes. Thanks in advance. Jeremy jsteger@bellsouth.net (Jeremy Steger) wrote...

sum function 04-18-10
Hi, How can I sum the numbers in a column in Excel where some numbers carry a "<" sign in front of them (such as <1) and I want to include numbers such "<1" in calculation as "1". For Example if numbers are entered as follows 0.5 <1 0.5 I would like to value to be returned as "2" when I apply "sum" function. Thanks =SUM(IF(LEFT(A2:A4)="<",--RIGHT(A2:A4,LEN(A2:A4)-1),A2:A4)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter). -- David Biddulph "Vijay Dhawan" <Vijay Dhawan@discussions...