Is there a way to conditionally hide rows in Excel?

I would like to be able to conditonally hide row based upon a value in a
column of the spreadsheet.
I assume I would need to create a macro, but I'm nt real good with macros.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you.

Select your range (don't let excel guess) and then use:

Data|Filter|Autofilter
(in xl2003 menus)

Then you'll be able to use the dropdown arrows in that first header row to show
just the values you want.

There's a custom option, too.

--

Dave Peterson
0

access calculation under these conditions
Hi to all, I am workin with ms access just for a short time , I know just the basics I need to know (queries, forms etc, but no vba or sql). I like to make ms access to calculate something for me but I really dont know where to start or even if it is possible. GOODS PRICE PIECES TOTAL cola 20 x 20x beer 25 y 25y nuts 10 z 10z ------------------------------------------------- total 1000 This is simplified table, I have the prices of goods and the total amount (1000) wich have bee...

Large file size in Excel
I've got a worksheet that is blank, and the Ctrl-End key combination jumps to cell A1. I originally pasted 5 colums by 138 rows of data into this spreadsheet, then erased the columns completely by using 'Ctrl+-'. I've also selected the entire sheet and used Edit->Clear All. All this to no avail. I have an empty spreadsheet that takes up 900 KB, but zips to 30 KB Any suggestions on how to reduce the file size is welcome. "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69DAD6D5-9876-43C9-B11B-7AC6C19F9CFA@microsoft.com... > I've g...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

how can I compare contents of columns in excel?
I have two excel files viz. file-A and -B. One of the columns of File-A contains chemical names which is also contained in one of the File-B columns.There are a lot more chemical names in the latter file than in the former. What I would like to do is to transfer additional pertinent information from columns in File-B to new columns in File-A on the basis of the chemical names found in File-A. At the end of the exercise I would have a file with the same number of chemicals but with more information. How can I do it? Your help would be much appreciated. Take a look at the =vlookup() ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Description of Statistical functions in Excel 2002
Hello, I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in Excel 2002 Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a doc file or show me a website where this is shown? The Help function has a page with a listing and description of all the statistical functions. I hope someone can help me. Best regards, You can copy and paste the text from Help into Word. Jerry Erik Gerets wrote: > Hello, > > I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in > Excel 2002 > > Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a d...

Excel 2002 document not opening with a proper view in Excel 2003
On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin Depeter". You might want to widen the column. It might not have enough room to show the name. "taj" wrote: > > On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column > names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin > Depeter". ...

Date and Day in Excel
I have 12 Sheets, each representing each month of the year...Jan, feb......Dec. I need Date and Day in 1st and 2nd colum of each sheet representing that month. Need to know how to formulate this...Thanks in advance for any help.. Hi try the following formula to get the first day of the current year for this montn: =DATEVALUE("1-" & RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND ("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)) & "-" & TEXT(TODAY(),"YYYY") If you put this in cell A1 you could use the following formula in B...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Conditional formating dates
I have a range of dates in a column and I would like it if I could highlight any date that is more that 3 years old. So if the date reads 02/10/2004 this should be highlighted red. I would really appriciate a bit of help. CF formula is: =DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"y")>=3 -- Best Regards, Luke M "Teeny" <Teeny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA22E7DF-C343-4059-88B9-1A2C538867B1@microsoft.com... >I have a range of dates in a column and I would like it if I could >highlight > any date that is more that 3 years old. > ...

how do i add excel templates to spreadsheet solution
I want to add excel templates that I have downloaded - from Microsoft - to the spreedsheet solutions box. When I create a new spreedsheet I want these to show up when I select 'On my computer' when I look for a template. I have addded then to the same directory that Microsoft uses for the default templates but they don't show up when I am in Excel. Thanks If the Spreadsheet Solutions templates are actually installed they would be found in a folder with that name under something like: C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates If you ...

Starting Excel from file
Can anyone help? I've just started getting a problem loading excel from a file. It starts just fine from the start menu etc. and I can open files from within Excel. However, if I click on (say) an excel file icon in My Documents or on one of my saved icons on the desktop then Excel loads fine but NOT the file!! This is really frustrating as it means I have to go through the process of loading excel separately every time I wish to use it. I Use Office XP + Windows XP PRO. I have done a system restore to before the problem occurred - no luck. I have completely uninstalled Office...

Excel Colours
Hi all Each Excel workbook can hold a palette of 56 colours, why is it tha the colour picker tool on the Formatting toolbar will only show 4 colours (on a 5 x 8 grid)? Thanks for anyone supplying enlightenment! DJ -- DJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DJB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2122 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38983 I think it's the same reason hotdogs are sold in packages of 10, but hotdog buns come in packages of 8. Who knows why? But you could r...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Formula Does not work on excel 2003
This formula does not work in excel 2003. Does anyone know how to convert it to the correct formula for excel 2003. It works perfectly on my system with 2007. But when I put it on a system with 2003 it returns nothing. What it is supposed to do is pull data from a sheet name in the format dd.mm.yy. Sometimes the sheet is not there so should return nothing or 0. =IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A4,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$k$12")),"",INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A4,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$k$12")) Your formula work...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

conditional email macro
I'm in way over my head and hoping for help. Our office is in an exchange environment and we use a large excel book to schedule everyone (stored in a management folder with limited access). We autopublish each sheet as a month in a shared folder so all staff can access it but not see the entire master excel book. Each date is in Row2 (columns B-V depending on the month) with staff names in the following rows of column A. Each month is a seperate sheet. My problem is changes within 2-3weeks of the date and people not noticing changes. I'd like to create a macro that applies...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Conditional sum
I am looking for a formula that will add cells based on condition. Ex. If i have ten cells with different values (130, 131, 143, 142, 144,130, 132,141,130.50,141.70) The condition is, if any cell is greater than 141, it should take only 141. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. =SUMIF(A:A,">141") This sums everything in column A greater than 141. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am looking for a formula that will add cells based on >condition. Ex. If i have ten cells with different values >(130, 131, 143, 142, 144,130, 132,141,130.50,1...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

help in excel functions
i am learning excel now and i have this issue that i could not solve i . i have 2 columns :the first includes the names of some projects .th second includes the number of hours of each project.each project ro takes more than one row in the column hours.so i need to know how i ge the whole hours of a specific project "in details please" ...thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ramis344, It is always helpful if you can paste some of your worksh...

ms excel predefine english word on the cell
how to predefine an english word ie. "S" on the cell. So, user each time just type in ie. 1243 and the cell will return S1243. Then the user no need to type so many times of "S" in front of 1243. If the user ie. type it 1244, then it returns "S1244" automatically. Any hints and steps and procedure as well. thanks gary email: garywwww3@hotmail.com -- garyww ------------------------------------------------------------------------ garyww's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35818 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Series Numbers row & column
Please help I need to give a number of records unique numbers for an import reference. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as I would just drag and fill a column with the numbers, but this time I need to go from left to right and then down and I can't drag and fill - does anyone know a formula that creates a series of unique numbers? Hi Marnie One way Format the cells Format>Cells>Number>Custom 000000 Enter in cell A1 =--(TEXT(ROW(),"000")&TEXT(COLUMN(),"000*)) Copy across and down as far as you wish Regards Roger Govier Marnie wrote: > Please...