Individual sheet protection in shared workbook

I have a shared excel workbook with multiple sheets used by different people.
 I want them to have their own password for their sheet so that only sheet
owner can edit the content of sheet.  Please advise how do i do that?

It is a two step process
1.  Under tools> Protection Choose allow others to edit ranges
        select the range then assign password each range should have
different PW
        you can select entire sheet if you wish
2.  Then tools>protection  Pick protect worksheet
        assign a password  --- This protects the sheet and enables the range
password
        unless this is done the range PW doesn't work
        I use a different PW to protect the sheets this allows assigning PW
to several ranges on each sheet\

You can also set permissions on what can be changed or done on each
sheet/range
this makes it possible to have several permission levels per range depending
on the PW used
"Sunil Pradhan" wrote:

> I have a shared excel workbook with multiple sheets used by different people.
>  I want them to have their own password for their sheet so that only sheet
> owner can edit the content of sheet.  Please advise how do i do that?

how do I seperate #/#/# in individual # in excel?
how do I seperate #/#/# in individual #'s in excel? anybody got any idea? cheers Andre wrote: > how do I seperate #/#/# in individual #'s in excel? > > anybody got any idea? > > cheers Data-Text to columns -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and counting!) gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! ...

How to email just a sheet or a selected area of the sheet
Hi, I wish to email just a single sheet, or even better a selected specified area of that single sheet, automatically when the use presses a button, instead of the whole workbook which contains a lot o data and macros. Does anyone know how I can do this? Please let me know if you have any suggestions Thanks a lot Jenni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm with some excellent examples as well as an Addin for this >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I wish to email just a single sheet, or even better a selected / >...

Sharing Error
Hi All, I keep getting the following error from a reasonably large (6mb) spreadsheet. "The document was saved successfully, but Excel cannot re-open it because of a sharing violation. Please close the document and try to open it again." The problem is that the document isn't shared and the share workbook settings don't allow simultaneous editting. Any ideas what may be causing this? Ta Andi ...

individual graphs
Hi, I have a report with 11,000 names/data and need to have a graph for each name and then mail merge to another document. Is this possible? Kathleen ...

TIME SHEETS
I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-5:00 = 8 hours? See Chip Pearson's site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:54:58 -0700, puzzled <puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a >formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? > (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-...

Relative Sheet References
I have 50 worksheets with data, that I want to summarize on a sumary sheet. I have created the link to the cell on the first worksheet. I when I copy and paste the link, the cell reference changes relative to the row below, etc. I also want the sheet to change from the Sheet 1 to Sheet 2, etc. Can I do this? Please say yes. And then give me a little diretion on how. I don't use newsgroups very often, so if anyone knows the answer, could you email me at rgrimsley@metropo.mccneb.edu Thank you!! Hi do the worksheet names follow a logig. e.h. wks1 wks2 wks3 If yes you may pos...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Sharing memory between computers
Hi, Is there any way of sharing memory between computers in a network. for example if I have an integer=2 in my client app.. can I use this variable in server??? And second question: Is every variable a place in memory? can I save the memory into a file and send it to another computer...then load the file in the memory again and use it? thanks Milad wrote: > Hi, > Is there any way of sharing memory between computers in a network. > for example if I have an integer=2 in my client app.. can I use this > variable in server??? > And second question: Is every variable a place ...

Prevent printing a sheet
I have a workbook with 10 worksheets. On two of the worksheets only I want users to be able to view them but I don't want them printed. Is there a way to do this so only these 2 worksheets won't print. Thanks BeforePrint code will prevent if users have enabled macros. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim sht As Worksheet For Each sht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets If sht.Name = "Sheet1" Or sht.Name = "Sheet2" Then MsgBox "you are not allowed to print " & sht.Name Cancel = True ...

No typed numbers coming up on excel sheet
Suddenly we cannot get the right hand numbers on the keyboard to register in an new Excel sheet and previous sheets will not accept new work on them in one of our two user accounts only. This is being done also on old Works spreadsheets. The Works file has beeb uninstalled and reinstalled but there is no improvement. The numbers along the top will appear! Have we turned something off inadvertently somehow? We would be glad of any opinions. db Num-Lock turned off, perhaps? Bernie "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F252AEF-980A-43EC-8EEA-4E8FF1B5...

paste VALUES ONLY of range to next empty row on another sheet
Have 2 sheets, source and destination. Source has data linked from othe sheets (so there are formulas) and is updated frequently. I need t copy this data to the next empty record in the destination sheet (th values only, NO formulas) one by one, that is whenever i update th source sheet, i want to copy this to the destination sheet so i have permanent record of it. I can get this to work for a single record ( row), but not for multiple rows, even when i set the range to multipl rows (see comments in code)...any help appreciated! 'code modified from Ron de Bruin (http://www.rondebruin.n...

individual mail accounts
After having a joint email account for years, we now have the need for seperate email accounts too. I want to be able to have her personal emails go to her account and mine to mine so, for example, all her Facebook responses go to her individual account instead of our joint email account. How can I do this? Thanks Do you two use separate computers or separate Windows user accounts on the same computer? If not, it will be difficult to maintain privacy. You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, by default, all emails from all accounts go into the same = Inbox...

Shared Calendar
We use a shared calendar in the Public Folder to list everyone's vacation days. Recently, an entry that shows on my calendar as July 2nd all day appears on some people's calendar as July 1st 11 pm to July 2nd 11 pm. This happened about eight months ago and when I was unable to fix it, I thought maybe it was "full" and started a whole new calendar. It's been working fine for eight months -- now all of a sudden it's acting up again. Any suggestions? I'm guessing Daylight Savings time is involved here - they probably have their time zone settings incorrect in eit...

Locking all a workbook
Is there a way to lock the cells in a workbook so they can't be changed? I have a workbook with about 20 worksheets that I would like to lock before distributing. I can lock the cells, but the only way I have found to do it by going through one sheet at a time and locking the sheet (Very slow). When I try the lock workbook under protection, I am still able to modify the cells afterwards. Secondly, there a few cells on the first worksheet that I would like to allow the user to modify (for what if scenarios). Does anyone have any ideas? -- bundyloco -----------------------------------...

Trapping Sheet selection
hello, I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects another sheet in Excel In a Class module I use Private WithEvents mWk As Excel.Workbook Sub mWk_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub Private Sub mWk_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub But so far, the event does not fire (although it does in VBA) Please help Avi avi explained on 8/11/2010 : > hello, > > I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects > anothe...

Entertainment Budget Sheet
Happy weekend Excel gurus! I need some help please. We're trying to have a = $200 per month entertainment budget that rolls over any positive amounts to= the next month. I was hoping to automate this to show the current period's= balance based on the 'transactions' that I logged. I've created what I tho= ught could be a base sheet (named ranges included) and I'm hoping to automa= te it. I would like to keep it formula based because I haven't worked with VB.. I'= m up for a total re-work of the two sheets that I have, or working with wha= t I've already cr...

Sorting on a protected worksheet
I have a workbook that has some cells locked/hidden and the worksheets protected, because I don't want my formula's messed with. However there are other cells where a user (not me) will input data and need to sort it into alpha or date of birth order, but they can't due to the sheet being protected. The unlocked cells box has been checked of course in the tools/protection window before passwording and I have checked the sorting box as well so... why won't it let it be sorted. It comes up with sheet is protected, read only, need to remove protection to get it to sort. ...

EXCELL Protection
There needs to be better protection on locked cells. It is possible to alter the formatting of a locked cell by pasting into the cell. Example pasting an entry copied from a % format into a currancy format changes the cell to %. This also follows with coulours etc. Secondly a formula in a locked cell can be corrupted by inadvertantly removing cells that it refers to and then replacing them. Mald Hi have you protected the sheet? (Tools - Protection') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mald wrote: > There needs to be better protection on locked cells. > > It is ...

How to link to individual messages in web page

How to increase max. Row count in an Excel sheet?
Is there any way to increase the max row count in Excel 2000? No. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Adarsh Sharma" <adarsh_4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:591e01c42d46$d3788c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to increase the max row count in Excel > 2000? > Hi no way -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Adarsh Sharma wrote: > Is there any way to increase the max row count in Excel > 2000? ...

Is there a way to edit a sheet tab?
I would like to change the color and size of a sheet tab. Is there a way to do that in Excel 2000? Thanks Dave > I would like to change the color and size of a sheet tab. Is there a way to > do that in Excel 2000? Colour, only in XP (2002) and beyond (presumably). Size, not AFAIK ; you could widen by padding with spaces before & after the name, but I wouldn't recommend it. Rgds, Andy Thanks "Andy Brown" <andy.j.brown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:uj6k8xVSEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I would like to change the color and size of a sh...

Placing data from one sheet into a specific column in another
Hi there, the code listed below takes data in the last row of Workbook1 and inserts it into the last row of Workbook2. This works fantastically (thank you JLatham), however, I need to be able to specifically place each piece of data in Workbook 1, into a specific column in workbook2. Can anyone help with this one? -- Carlee Ask your question in an Excel newsgroup as this one is for Access, a relational database by Microsoft. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Carlee" wrote: > Hi there, the code listed below takes data in the last row of Workbook1 and &g...

how to unpivot a pivotted excel sheet?
how to unpivot a pivotted excel sheet? Is this based on a range/table in a worksheet? Find the grandtotal cell double click on it. You'll see the data--but it won't be formatted pretty. alamm wrote: > > how to unpivot a pivotted excel sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Block cracking code from opening protected excel sheets
There is a code that has been found that opens our password protected files even thought the sheet is protected is there a way to prevent this. AAAAABBAABBf typed in will unlock the sheet and now that the majority of people here know that I need to find a way to lock it up without having to use a password to open the file (people need to see the content). Does anyone know how to block this? Hi, You can't. No matter how complex an excel password is, Excel converts it into a 12 characters string. the first 11 characters are either A or B and the last is one of 95 char...

Print individual consecutive pages to individual pdf files
Hi all I have a document where each page will become a facing page of a different document. I know I can copy/paste each page, but I would prefer to have a pdf of each page that I can then link into the second document. Then when I update the source document I can reprint the pdf and it will automatically get picked up when I open the secondary document. This means I would like to print each page to an individual pdf file without having to do each page individually. Has anyone got a script or some other way to print each page individually to its respective individual pdf file? thanks ...