I selected row 1 and row 2 to freeze and it is freezing at row 12

I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row 12?

Select one row only, if you want 2 rows above where it freezes select row 3,
that will leave row1 and 2 unaffected when you scroll down

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Lori Brooks" <Lori Brooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row
>12?

0
Peo
11/17/2009 6:59:14 PM
Hi,

To freeze row 1 & 2 select A3 and then Window|Freeze Panes

Mike

"Lori Brooks" wrote:

> I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row 12?

Run report on multi selected records.

Query-based list w/1 Exception
I've created a query based distribtuion list which works fine yet out of the 1000 or so mailboxes it gives me I'd like to exclude 10. Is there a way? (Basically I have checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox") Make those 10 recipients members of a distribution group, and add the following to the query: (&(your current query)(!memberOf=distinguished Name of the distribution group)) Alternatively, if there's a common value of a particular attribute like location/city/department, et al, use that to exclude them. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com ...

move row data to columns
We had a problem with some test data and instead of test results being recorded in multiple rows 5 columns wide, all of the data was recorded in one row multiple columns wide. The data consists of 5 readings taken every second for a period of 2 hours. Each reading is in it's own cell (no cell contains more than one reading). Do you know of a way that I can move each set of readings (5 test results) into it's own 5 column wide row? i.e. currently shows in single row as: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 128, 128, 128, 128, 128, 234, 234, 234, 234, 234, etc. and I need in 5 column wide rows: 0, 0, 0, ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Publisher drawing tools #2
When I use the publisher drawing tools to make a drawing inside a picture frame, the drawing is nice an crisp while I am inside the picture frame, but becomes very distorted when I go outside the frame. Any Ideas? David Brown After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David Brown <david30@cox.net>... > When I use the publisher drawing tools to make a drawing > inside a picture frame, the drawing is nice an crisp while > I am inside the picture frame, but becomes very distorted > when I go outside the frame. Any Ideas? What version of Pub...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.0.1 Democracy Release for Windows/Linux/Unix
3 NewsMaestro 4.0.1 Hail Democracy Release has been released. * New feature - Bulk Resurrect mode. See documentation. * Quite a few improvements, modifications and optimizations. Too numerous to enumerate here. But before we start, please realize this message is applicable to ANY usenet group and to virtually any user. So, posting it to the entire usenet is appropriate indeed. This article is posted whenever there is new release to inform the users about new version. Simple as that. These posts occur under a very specific thread and do not interfere with the regular usenet operation in ...

Autofilter header row
My experience has been that the first row is where the controls (down arrow) appear when autofilter is invoked. But I've now been sent a spreadsheet (just unformatted data in a large table) where the autofilter chooses the second row. I've compared the new spreadsheet with previous versions and don't see any difference in layout, etc. What can be causing this problem? Is there something "invisible" that tells Excel which is the header row for the data to be filtered? If I select row 1 and then click autofilter, the controls do appear on row 1 but otherwi...

Sumif with two criteria #2
I need to add column c if column a and column b both meet my criteria. example A B C 1 X Y 3 2 S Y 1 3 X Y 2 4 X F 3 5 F Y 3 X AND Y 5 On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:06:29 -0800, "danperez@joannstores.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to add column c if column a and column b both meet >my criteria. > >example > A B C >1 X Y 3 >2 S Y 1 >3 X Y 2 >4 X F 3 >5 F ...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

MAPI Spooler error #2
hello: i am having a problem with sending e-mails with my outlook 2000. for some reason the outbox does not seem to send a few e-mails since yesterday. when i click on the selected e-mail it says "can't open this item. the mapi spooler has already begun transmitting this message" all my email settings and internet connection are fine. i also tried to repair the office using the installation cd, but the problem did not go away. the e-mails are being received by people, but the they still appear in my outbox as never being sent? it looks like the spooler grabed the...

Lost row height format?
My boss is working in a workbook with numerous sheets. He saved the file and then reopened it after his HDD was replaced. When he reopened the file, all of the row heights were off a little bit, but since this is for a large financial report, it is a big deal. Does anyone know what could cause this and have any idea how to fix it. He swears he did not change any of the settings in excel, or manually adjust any of the rows. Prior to re-opening, all rows were set at 11. Now some are 12, some 11, some 11.5, some 10.??. This happened on every sheet. Help!!! Thanks, Mac Highl...

select text in Calendar

Link select with a blast

Triggering an event in Windows service every 1 hour.
Hello, I want to create a windows service that will send a mail to a mailing list every 1 hour. How do I program so that the mail event automatically triggers every 1 hour. (If I use timer and the service starts at odd 12:33, then it will fire event at 1:33, 2:33... . But, I want it it fires at 12:00, 1:00, 2:00 irrespective of when it starts.) How do I do this? hi Biranchi, On 21.02.2010 16:43, Biranchi Narayan Panda wrote: > I want to create a windows service that will send a mail to a mailing > list every 1 hour. > > How do I program so that the...

2-way match formula?
First time on site - please excuse any errors of protocol! I have a 2 dimensional array of elements, all different. I would like to find a single formula that will search the array for designated element and return the column in which it appears. Likewise for the row. So if the array is 2 5 7 6 8 1 The column formula applied to the argument "7" would return 3 and the row formula would return 1. This is tantamount to asking for the MATCH function, but in dimensions. Thanks...Bil -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may try the following array fo...

Select Case in a Change Event

Automate Email #2
I'm running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003 server. I would like to schedule an automated email that will be send out to the same recipients with the same msg everyday from Mon-Fri in the morning. All I have so far is the following code. How do I tell Outlook to do this automatically every morning? Attribute VB_Name = "Module1" Option Explicit Sub SendMail() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim blRunning As Boolean 'get application blRunning = True On Error Resume Next Set olApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application") If o...

Exchange failover #2
General question: If you have two exchange servers in different sites, and one of the two fails, is it possible to move the mailboxes to the other Exchange server and have the users mailbox reside there? If backups are done daily, could you have the users up an receiving mail with their stores up to the last backup? I have seen third party software that would failover, but it all seems way out of budget for around 200 mailboxes. Any help would be appreciated, or if you know of a thord party product for less than $5,000, I may be interested in that. not possible to do this without...

Trying to edit a spreadsheet #2
Not sure what is going on with my Excel application. When I try to edit a document, the application crashes on me. I received a dialog box that says: Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. There is a checkbox to “Recover my work and restart MS Office Excel” Even if I recovered or close it down, I am still not able to edit documents. Doesn’t matter if I create a new file, save, and then try to edit, I still receive this message. I have removed MS Office, reloaded Office 2003, SP 2, and all updates. Still crashing. ...

Select Records based another table...

Compare text in 2 different files
I am using Excel 2003 and have two files containing mailing information. I need to check and see which companies are on both lists. I can't use a VLOOKUP formula because some of the company names are slightly different. e.g. One may have a LLC or Inc. at the end and the other doesn't. Is there a formula I can use to compare the first 4 or 5 letters in the company name between the two files? Thanks! Paige Assume you're 2 lists are in A1:A10 and B1:B10 (change to fit your data). Also change the 4 in the LEFT() function to be the number of characters you want to com...