i enter value in one column the next column existing value turn 0

I am working same work sheet with two columns one is Anticipated Variation
cost and the other approved variation with corresponding total. when i enter
cost in approved variation the corresponding row in anticipated variation
column should auotmaticlly become zero.cna you help me out with the formula
to use

=IF(A1<>"",0,"")

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working same work sheet with two columns one is Anticipated Variation
> cost and the other approved variation with corresponding total. when i
> enter
> cost in approved variation the corresponding row in anticipated variation
> column should auotmaticlly become zero.cna you help me out with the
> formula
> to use

0
ozgrid

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Report: Dollar Value of Added Inventory??
Is there a report that can be run daily which gives us the dollar value of inventory added (received) into the system on that day? Knowledge Base article #869856 suggests running item/value list report and item/item movement report subtracting the second report from the first, but doesn't account for what was added that day. Thanks. ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

columns in RMSSO
Hi There, Is it possible to change the columns on the forms ?? For example: Receiving po contains: Type, Item Lookup Code, Reorder Number, Description, OtyOrd, QtyRTD, QtyRcv, Cost, Price, NewPrice, Extended We need: Item Lookup Code, Description, MPQ, Price, BinLocation We need to modify few other forms as well. I think I've seen that in one of the add-ons while ago, but I cant remember which one was it and I'm not 100% sure if I really did. Thanks, Arthur ...

Move a Column to rows
How can I move text that is in a column to rows -- soddyd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- soddydj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2571 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39129 Try using Copy then Paste Special - Transpose HTH Phil Copy the cells in the column you want to be in a row, go to the cell yo want to paste the data and hit Edit, Paste Special and select Transpos in the tickbox. Click ok -- swedish ma ----------------------------------------------------------...

Data Table in Clustered Column Charts
I have created a pivot table with these data: Count of User Year Unit 2006 Grand Total A 10 10 B 8 8 C 7 7 Grand Total 25 25 After that I created a Clustered Column Chart, and I am able to create a data table with the values as shown from the table. I would like to include another set of data as follow: Unit percentage A 1.27% B 10.39% C 70.00% Is there any way that I can include these data (which is in the same excel screen) in the same graph? ...

How To: copy dialogs from one project to another ?
Do you know how to copy a dialog used in one project to a new project, can I do this from outside IDE just copy files from one directory to another ? or do I need to copy manually inside IDE. Thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo Tom Serface wrote: > > don't mess up the original. I do this all the time and it works really > well. Do you do it with VS .NET 2003? If you do, great, because it just means my installation is broken in some way. If you don't, I suspect that if you migrate to .NET 2003, you'll swear at it and stamp your foot as much as I did when I fo...

A script to replace a value with another
i want to replace a field with another within the same Contact record. Is there any example that you can show me? i'll doing this to over 5,000 records. i'm using Outlook 2002, personal use. rayswchiu -- Phone: (852) 9258 6600 Email: rayswchiu@gmail.com ...

CRM 4.0 Email Attachment more than 8 MB
Hi, I have done the below steps to change the attachment size to 10 MB. 1.Open the application web.config (C:\Inetpub\CRM\web.config). 2. Locate the <httpRuntime> key within the <system.web> element and change the values to the following: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="9999" maxRequestLength="10240"/> 3. Locate the <httpRuntime> key within the <system.web> element of the <location path='MSCRMServices"> element, and change it to the following: <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="10240"/> 4.Save and close the we...

one advantage to '05
You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall being able to do that in the past with '04. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL See the following link though for some problems observed while working during an online update. http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm Have you experienced any of this Chris? Regards, JB >-----Original Message----- >You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, >even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Outlook Synch errors on one desktop client
Hi, I have tried a bunch of things but I still have one Outlook client that has unknown errors when synching contacts. I have tried the usual uninstall/reinstall of both the desktop client and Outlook itself, deleting address book folders, setting the CRM options to not sync contacts, restart Outlook, delete contacts, then restore the setting to sync contacts, then attempt the sync again. No matter what I do the sync stops after 47 contacts come over to Outlook. The Local Data is set to - Full Name Has Data AND Status is Active. This should bring ALL CRM contacts over to Outlook (~7...

Replacing a value with symbol.
Hi everyone, I wondered if there was a way to replace a value generated by a formul in a cell with a symbol or an image, or even to automatically change th color of the value in the cell. To give you a better idea: I want to calculate the change between to sets of values as percentage and then replace the actual value eg. 10% with a symbol t denote a positive or negative change (maybe an arrows up and down). Firstly, is this at all possible? Any help with this would be much appreciated, or if you have a bette idea on how I could present this I would love to hear it too. Regards, Mr Cli...

Easiest Way to Move Column
I know I have seen this answer before, but I can't seem to locate it this time. What is the easiest way to move a column of data to a different column in one step, without overwriting any other columns, and without having to first insert a column, and without having to go back to delete the original column? Thanks, Carroll Rinehart Hi Carroll move your cursor under the column heading of the column you want to move and hold down the RIGHT mouse button ... drag the column to its new location and let go - you should get the option of SHIFT RIGHT AND MOVE .. Cheers JulieD "Car...

How can I organize multiple disc sets as one album?
I have been using iTunes for many years but I decided to give WMP a try since I am using Media Center and also want a lossless codec. I configured Media Player to automatically rip the CDs as I place them in the drive. The process automatically creates a directory for each CD, even when they are the same album. I really don't want to have multiple icons in my album list, so what can I do to simply the layout after the tracks are all ripped. I spent about 10 minutes renaming both icons with a common name and then renumbering the tracks. I have about 45 more double albums t...

Sorting 4 columns as one
I know how to sort a row of 2,000 random numbers. This might take 40 pages if I only used one column per page. ???? How can I use and sort the full page (multiple columns) where the date in column A line 50 would continue to column C1? And c50 would continue on in E1 and so on? Thanks in advance to the Excel expert. Hi John, Excel has very limited facilities for saving paper (fit to page, font, margins). You will have to maintain your sheet as the 3 columns and snake that into another sheet for display and / or printing. See SNAKECOLS, How to snake columns to use fewer pages ...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

4.0 Upgrade
We are currently still on v1.2 due to multiple upgrade issues. Once those issues are resolved, should we expect to have to upgrade to 3.0 before upgrading to 4.0 (once it is released) or will we have the option to go from 1.2 to 4.0? Hello, Upgrade from 1.2 to 4.0 will probably not be supported. The way to go is to first upgrade to 3.0. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "sysadminnewbie" wrote: > We are currently still on v1.2 due to multiple upgrade issues. Once those > issues are resolved, should we expect to have to upgrade to 3.0 before > upgrading to 4.0 (on...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

IF Function with Text values
Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need to pick the surname out of the user login and i can't get the IF true or false to pick out the surnames, any help very much appriciated. Hi use something like =VLOOKUP("user_id",A1:B100,2,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany .. wrote: > Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I > have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need > to pick the surname out of the u...

CRM 1.0 installation
I am trying to install CRM 1.0 for the 1st time. It is on a Win2k Server(SP4) This is the order I followed WIN2k Serve MS Exchange 2 MS SQL 2 MS CRM I dont get any errors any where in the installation. However after the installation when I launch the application through IE I get the following erro An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator The Page addres it shows in the address bar i http://pluto/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=Not%20Applicabl PLUTO being muy machine nam When I check the Application Log, this is the error against Microsoft CR MSC...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

How do I count a range of numbers in a column
I am really stumped. I have a column of numbers that refer to locations on the body and I need to count how many of these locations are on the face. There are about 100 different numbered locations and I have 748 cells with numbers in them. I need to count how many cells contain the numbers 1-5, 10-13, 60-69, 70-79, or 80-89. I can't seem to figure out how to get excel formulas to let me count the range of numbers. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!! -sophia try this. Just continue to add conditions. the + means AND. Name your range as I have done. =SUMPRODUCT((rn...

"#VALUE!" Cell Value
Some of my cells are turning up the value "#VALUE!" in the cells. I have duplicated the problem that I am having. A test worksheet. I am using data in one work sheet, but, two table areas. The second table is reliant of some data from the first table. The intersecting result in the first table turns currency amounts, which is what I want. When data from the first table is left blank the intersecting data in the second table turns up "#VALUE!". This of course is an ambiguous result that does not have a purposed result. If you feel you are able to assist with...