I don't want row 1 as the column headings

This seems like a simple matter but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have
typed my column headings in and they appear along row 1. I don't want the
headings to be row 1 I want row one for entering the first row of data. How
do I make row 1 truly row 1 and not the column headings. I am not asking how
to make the row appear across each page, I have that already.
thanks in advance.

You can not change the column headings (except to numbers). However, you can
use your col headings on row 1 and hide the row/column headings. But, they
are still there.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This seems like a simple matter but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I
> have
> typed my column headings in and they appear along row 1. I don't want the
> headings to be row 1 I want row one for entering the first row of data.
> How
> do I make row 1 truly row 1 and not the column headings. I am not asking
> how
> to make the row appear across each page, I have that already.
> thanks in advance.

0
Don

want questions

Custom Calendar Format Example Jan 1-Feb 5 is Jan
I was wanting to know if it is possible to create a custom calendar like the Gregorian or the Hijri. When they use those formats they put a b1 or b2 infront of the format like b1mm/dd/yyyy. I want to be able to key a date in a cell and it gives me the business month not the actual month, unless it falls that way. This is a maunfacturing calendar and isn't standard for business reasons. Just hoping this is possible. Thanks for all the help. -- robertjtucker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertjtucker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Selecting only odd numbered rows
I have a spreadsheet with data on all the even numbered rows. All th odd numbered rows are blank. The data is imported into the spreadshee from a text file. How can I select and delete all the odd numbered rows which have n data in them? (Manually doing this is not an option as there are 15 different spreadsheets with approximately 2500 rows of data on each -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Can you do a sort or autofilter on the data ? That way all rows with data should be in the top half. Regards Bill K "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.12n317@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Getting the ROW of a COUNTIF result?
Hi For a cyclingclub i want to make a simple statistic of the members and how many 1st places, 2nd. plcases and so on, they have had during the season. I have a excel sheet with all races in a season. In the 1st. coloum i have the name and in the second coloum the final position in the race. Name Plc. xxxx xxxxxxxxx 3 yyyy yyyyyyyyy 1 zzzz zzzzzzzzzzz 5 yyyy yyyyyyyyy 1 The statistic i want to make: Name Pcl-> 1 2 3 4 5 6 xxxx xxxxxxxxx 0 0 1 0 0 0 yyyy yyyyyyyyy 2 0 0 0...

Find the last number in a row
Hi, I have lots of rows of data which are either a value between 50 and 200 (e.g 115) or "0". Each column is a specific week of the year, ie from 1/1998 to 52/2009, so the values run from left to right giving a number for each week, and when there is not an entry for that week, there is a "0". I need a formula to find the last number entry of each row. I could obviously do this by scrolling to the last week (52/2009) an looking back until I see the first number which isn't 0, however I need to do this for around 1600 rows of data. I would greatly...

I want more!

Macro to delete row
Hi, i need a macro to delete rows that don't have in "H" column the name "John" If in "H" column the code finds anything else, then to delete row. Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, One approach might be: ================= Sub John() LR = [H65536].End(xlUp).Row For R = LR To 1 Step -1 If Cells(R, 8) <> "John" Then Cells(R, 8).EntireRow.Delete Next End Sub ======== Micky "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need a macro to delete rows that don't have in "H" column the name "John" > If ...

entering a # each row adds 1 to the previous cell. Turn off?
When entering numbers in my spreadsheets each row adds another number. i.e., 2004 becomes 2005, then 2006. A telephone # becomes 811-6001, 6002, 6003. How do I turn that off so when I pull the corner down to copy it stays the same? You can right click and pull the corner and when you release the mouse you'll get an option of copy cells or hold down ctrl and pull down with left mouse -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "dbog" <dbog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C73C1B-4DC0-479F-BC57-8AF77E499991@microsoft.com... > When en...

How to insert Rows
step by step I enter in all my project information for Job A including all the customers under that project So I begin Job B Later on I need to add a row so I can add another customer that is bidding Job A How do I do this? Is there any way to add them in the same row and still have my coinciding table work? From your description, you are working in either Word or Excel... If you were working in Access, you wouldn't need to worry about "inserting" rows between other rows, since tables only store data, while queries retrieve it. If you wish to be able to sort your dat...

need to make 3 fields into 1 field
I have an mail list that has been created with 3 address fields. These fields need to be consolidated into 1 field. Can this be done. Thanks try =a1 & " " & b1 etc -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Georgia" <Georgia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967B03F1-717D-47BB-80D6-3A289DCAC1A8@microsoft.com... > I have an mail list that has been created with 3 address fields. These > fields need to be consolidated into 1 field. Can this be done. > > Thanks > Georgia Most programs that use Adresses like them ...

Text want wrap in text box

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Row Height Adjustment
The row heights did not automatically adjust to display all the text contained in the cell. I can manually go thru the rows and adjust them to display all the data; however, there are too many lines that need to be done manually. I have tried the 'auto' adjust feature, but it does not work. In fact, if I have manually adjusted some of the lines and use the 'auto' adjust, the lines I have changed will revert back to only display some of the info. Is there a limit of data that can be contained in a cell? Has anyone else had this problem? Hi do you have merged cells i...

Programming without XPathNavigator.SelectSingleNode (framework 1.1)

columns misaligned after save
I open a spreadsheet from a network drive, make my required changes, save the document, and exit. When my supervisor opens the spreadsheet, the columns are misaligned i.e. the first few columns have moved down by 3 cells. I only work with rows, entering data into exisitng rows. I do not do any cut-and-paste operations that might normally affect column alignment. Thanks for any help offered. Just some questions... Are you sure you and your supervisor are viewing the same workbook? If you are positive (I'd double check), do you have any macros that run in this workbook? MarkJames...

how do I add 2.5 hours to a column of data
right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of h:mm AM/PM I would like to create a D column of column C plus 2.5 hours how do I format this? ....Lisa Lisa, The formula would be =C2+TIMEVALUE("2:30:00") It will probably automatically apply some inappropriate date-time format. Do Format - Cells - Number tab - Time, and select the time format you want. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:es7re7$h0f$1...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Change field type to lookup column
Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup from a table without losing all the previously input data? -- savannah Do not change the field in the table but in your form use a list box. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "savannah" wrote: > Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup > from a table without losing all the previously input data? > -- > savannah Thanks Karl. However, forms are not being used at this time. Data is entered directly on the form. I do understand that this f...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

select the number of rows using shortcut keys
Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR UPARROW) So what happens when you hit SHIFT + Downarrow? Should move down and select the next row as well as start row. SHIFT + END + Downarrow should select to next blank row. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:03:01 -0800, Naidu Samudrala <Naidu Samudrala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR >UPARROW) ...

force display of detail rows
I need to force the display of detail rows in a report even if values for these rows are not in the data provided by the query. For example the query data may be as follows: Group Detail Qty 1 A 1 1 B 2 2 C 2 I need the report to show: Group Detail Qty 1 A 1 B 2 C 0 2 A 0 B 0 C 2 Any suggestions? Thanks How is it to know what the maximum value is for the Detail? You are showing 'C' as the max. Is...

Check boxes
Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes. I want to set up a range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one corresponding check box if also checked. On the flip side, if none in the range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not checked. I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience. Thanks!!! A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it ...

I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005
Hi, I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. Thanks a lot. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/vspro/details/default.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:#xJvGnNPGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 > the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. > Thanks a lot. > > Thank you so much! But I can not find the Visual Studi...