I am stuck

The numbers represent rounds.

So a name will go with a round (number) but some names know more than one
round.

Name a       1
name b       2
name c       3

name d knows round 1 and 2
name e knows round 2 and 3

Is there an automatic function that would allocate "name d" or "name e" to a
round if "name a, b or c" were not available for that day?

The table would look like this

Name a       1
name b       2
name c       3
name d
name e

Say for example "name a" was not available how would "name d" get allocated
to round 1

On Mar 4, 5:59=A0am, Ujpest <Ujp...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> The numbers represent rounds.
>
> So a name will go with a round (number) but some names know more than one
> round.
>
> Name a =A0 =A0 =A0 1
> name b =A0 =A0 =A0 2
> name c =A0 =A0 =A0 3
>
> name d knows round 1 and 2
> name e knows round 2 and 3
>
> Is there an automatic function that would allocate "name d" or "name e" t=
o a
> round if "name a, b or c" were not available for that day?
>
> The table would look like this
>
> Name a =A0 =A0 =A0 1
> name b =A0 =A0 =A0 2
> name c =A0 =A0 =A0 3
> name d
> name e
>
> Say for example "name a" was not available how would "name d" get allocat=
ed
> to round 1

Not quite sure exactly what's intended here, but maybe this will help
get started.

I put the prescribed data in columns A1:B3 with the two extra names in
A4:A5.

Then I put this in B4:
   =3DIF(COUNTIF(B1:B3,1)=3D0,1,IF(COUNTIF(B1:B3,2)=3D0,2,""))
and this in B5:
   =3DIF(COUNTIF(B1:B4,2)=3D0,2,IF(COUNTIF(B1:B4,3)=3D0,3,""))

With this setup, I can delete any one number from B1:B3, or any two of
them, and the extra names get allocated the unassigned rounds.
0
zvkmpw

Stuck
HI there, Seeing how iam stuck in this area of MSoffice, with no appearant link to other catigories i have to ask my question here concerning MSN explorer. I downloaded explorer 7.02 now i want to uninstall it, yet i cant there is no MSN explorer in my add remove programs, even when i click on show updates. I am running windows xp and there is no folder in widows directory leading me to MSN explorer, as some advice to type comands like : " %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe." to get rid of it, none of it seems to work at all... PAthetic of Microsoft to stoop to ...

UK stuck with old version
This is most probably a pointless question, but here goes. I wondered why that in the UK the latest version is money 2005, where as if you live in the USA you can get money 2007. Is there many new things in money 2007 that are not in money 2005? NIK -- Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup. I guess that the cost of converting M2007 to work for the UK was a lot greater than any potential sales! :-( See http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/Default.aspx for a list of M2007 features. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http:/...

Stuck Outbox
I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is : Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account: 'pop6.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F hay alguien de argentina? "Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Tape Stuck in Drive
DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove tape E/I port” I get following message “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation." The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the tape have been moved out of the drive. We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL...

I am stuck
The numbers represent rounds. So a name will go with a round (number) but some names know more than one round. Name a 1 name b 2 name c 3 name d knows round 1 and 2 name e knows round 2 and 3 Is there an automatic function that would allocate "name d" or "name e" to a round if "name a, b or c" were not available for that day? The table would look like this Name a 1 name b 2 name c 3 name d name e Say for example "name a" was not available how would "name d" get allocated to r...

Stuck in a loop.
1) Outlook crashes on startup 2) Sends error report to Microsoft 3) Restarts 4) Goto 1 How do I rescue my system? I've tried the restart in 'Safe Mode' and also allowed 'Detect & Repair' to run, but to no avail. XP Home SP2 running Outlook 2002 SP3 I assume by safe mode you mean you ran OL in safe mode, and not Win. If you download and install this http://www.dependencywalker.com/ then start and run OL through it, you may get a clue as to what is causing the problem. "Ian Sweeney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001e01c...

Why are my emails stuck in my outbox?
Every once in a while my emails get stuck in the outbox. I deleted the outgoing email, prepared another but still the same problem. On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 18:21:58 -0700, Glen H <Glen H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Every once in a while my emails get stuck in the outbox. I deleted the >outgoing email, prepared another but still the same problem. Under Tools, Options, Mail Setup. Is the box "Send immediately when connected" enabled? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. ...

Exchange 2003 stuck in maintenace mode
After applying exchange SP2 the exchange server is now stuck in maintance mode. Any Ideas or how do I roll back the SP. Regards James On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 04:27:07 -0800, James Deland <JamesDeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After applying exchange SP2 the exchange server is now stuck in maintance mode. In ESM, properties of the server, under the monitoring tab, do you have the disable monitoring of this server checked? > >Any Ideas or how do I roll back the SP. You can't uninstall or rollback an exch service pack. > >Regards > >James ...

Emails stuck in "Pending Send" state
Whenever emails are sent out from CRM using a Quick Campaign, they stay in the "Pending Send" state forever. In the past, we've been able to solve this simply by restarting the email router service, but as of a month ago that's not working anymore. We have 2 exchange servers in a cluster, and I've tried both... no luck. There are no errors in the event log on either the Exchange server or the CRM server. Joshua, 1. Under which user account are the quick campaigns being sent? 2. Does Send Email work for that user? 3. Does that user's profile properly have their...

Legends
I have data table with dates from AQ8 to BU8 and products in AP9-31. In any one particular month the factory may only make on product, however in other months it may make all 23. I would like to plot a graph of this data that updates automatically - dynamic ranges. As a result I have a graph that can move between one and 23 rows of data to plot (series), each with its associated series name shown in the legend. I have tried looking at Jon Peltiers website, C Pearson and several questions on this discussion forum - no solution seems evident. Plotting the data is no problem but getting...

Outlook 2007 woes
Hi, I have had a lot of grief with my Outlook 2007 - periodically it freezes. When I try to kill the process, and restart, it keeps getting stuck at "updating cached messages (250/xxxx)". Everytime it is the magic number 250. I have to kill and restart a few times (today has been more than 10, hence this message), and then on one of these tries, it seems to get over the hurdle and I am able to use it. This usable period lasts for a few days/couple of weeks, and then I am back to the same kill/restart/kill/restart routine to get it going. My Outlook 2007 on one of these occasions ga...

Email getting stuck in Outbox
Using MS Outlook 2003, Comcast.net is my ISP and I have McAfee Personal Firewall plus installed on my Dell XP. Looking for assistance as my emails with pic's and normal outgoing emails are getting stuck in the outbox file and it is continuing to try to send it then I get a "Potential Worm Activity Detected pop-up from McAfee. The attachments are less than 2mg too. Please help... Thanks... Paul Paul Yanakakis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using MS Outlook 2003, Comcast.net is my ISP and I have > McAfee Personal Firewall plus installed on my Dell XP...

Change Calendar Time Zone gets stuck
Hi, I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps getting stuck. This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere in the middle of updating 2300 appointments. We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully patched. Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003). Many thanks in advance, Matthew Did you use the official DST patch? -...

Hmm Stuck...
I have a file on excel that contains many text entries of peoples names..... A10 has Ken in it A11 has Bill in it A12 has Alan in it etc etc etc.... I want to copy these names over to K10 K11 K12.............. The first column is set for text......but i tried the autosum and told it that K10 = A10,,,,i thought it would just copy the text of the persons name but it didnt, it just has =SUM(A10) in the cell. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure there must be a simple solution ...

sent messages stuck in outbox
Hi, I'm frustrated trying to figure out why my sent messages don't go to the sent mail folder. instead, they just stay in my outbox. this is a relatively recent phenomenon and I want it to stop. I'm using outlook 2000 and windows 2000. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Hi: Try checking the tools/options/prefences/email options: Be sure that there is a check in the box by "Saved copi...

Stuck messages
Looks like a lot of people have the same problem of large messages not leaving their mail boxes. Anyone have an answer - it's driving me crazy!! Thanks Corinne Corinne, As an engineer, I have come across this many a times. Some solutions have and some haven't. It seems to be a protocol related issue (between NT kernel and Outlook/IE/OE) Suggestions: 1. Try another SMTP server 2. Increase the server time-out value in your account settings 3. Change the MTU value in registry for adapter http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/280/ 4. Try with Outbound mail scanning disab...

Stuck on Call Progress window
I have no idea how it happened but Money no longer performs internet updates, and when I prompt it to perform an update manually, the Call progress window appears and then remains for EVER. It basically locks up Money. I downloaded a trial of Money 2004 and the problem remains. Any ideas? Thanks, Fraser In microsoft.public.money, Fraser wrote: >I have no idea how it happened but Money no longer performs internet >updates, and when I prompt it to perform an update manually, the Call >progress window appears and then remains for EVER. It basically locks up >Money. Is "fo...

stuck in "Starting balance discrepancy" during balancing
Somewhere along the line I did something that triggered Money 2003 Deluxe to tell me my checking account has a starting balance discrepancy. And if I let it make an automatic adjustment, it says it still has a discrepancy. I have a lot of data in the account, so I don't want to start over. I went back to the first bank statement I started with and used the initial balance as the starting balance for the properties, and then rechecked every transaction, and Money won't even let me balance this first statement without hitting the discrepancy message again. Any suggestions? ...

Stuck in the Outbox
In Outook 2003, I created a message w/an attachment that apparently is too large for MSN. It tries and tries to send it, but it constantly craps out because the attachment is too large. Soooooooooooooo... I thougt to myself, "Self, why don't you just delete this message?" No can do... it will not delete, it will not move to another folder, and, if I try to open it, I get an error message that Outlook has already started transmitting this message and it can't be opened (or words to that effect). Does anyone out there have any help for me? Thanks, Tim Tim Daye &...

Stuck in Outbox ?
When I send mail it obviously goes to the outbox then to sent items... I have noticed that when in the outbox it is in italics... Occasssionally I have mail items that are not in italics in the outbox and do not get delivered, they appear to be stuck, however if I open the mail item in the outbox and simply click the send button then the item is then in italics and gets sent... What is going on ? Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Outlook 2003 stuck on Windows 2003
I've recently transferred to Outlook 2003 from Outlook Express at work, after SP1 was installed. Since a couple of days after I installed it, I am experiencing a very odd situation. When I first run Outlook after a restart, it works well. But some time later, it gets irresponsive, and when I close it (with ALT+CTRL+DEL) and re-open it, it gets stuck again when it tries to check for new mail. I'm running Windows 2003. I recently downgraded from SP-1 Beta 1214 to the release version, I can't remember if the problems started before or after taking that action. Please help me ...

Stuck at "Update in Progress"
Using MS Money 2007 Home and Business WinXP I have been happily using this since I bought it in 2007, and today, when I went to update, it simply stuck on "Update in Progress". I researched the issue and found this fix: How to remove personal financial information from MSN Money To remove personal financial information that is stored in MSN Money, follow these steps. Note If Microsoft Money is installed on your computer, turn off synchronization before you use the procedures in this article. To do this, follow these steps: Start Microsoft Money. Click Tools, click...

email is stuck in outbox
there is an email stuck in my Microsoft outlook outbox. it's got an attachment that is too big to send. now when i open microsoft outlook it is frozen. does anyone know how to delete this email, so that my microsoft outlook will work again. it's frozen when I open it so I cannot archive or delete this stuck email in my outbox. thnks >From: anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com (GRACE) > >there is an email stuck in my Microsoft outlook outbox. >it's got an attachment that is too big to send. >now when i open microsoft outlook it is frozen. >does anyone...

messages stuck in Outbos
We use Microsoft Windows Mail. We tried to email a couple files from Windows Movie Maker, while in the Movie Maker app. Our email keeps trying to send them, only to error out because they are too large. I need to delete them, but they don't show up when I click on my Outbox folder. However, when I click on the Outbox properties it says the folder contains 2 message. How can I get them deleted? Thanks for any help! File | Work Offline. Can you delete them from the Outbox now? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Lazydogs...

Mail stuck in Outbox with Outlook2000
Any way to remove this mail without redoing a .pst? The e-mail will not delete from the outbox. Thank you... ...