How to set a cell to expand to fit text in Excel not shrink fit

I'm not sure it this is doable but is it possible to set a cell so that it
automatically displays all the text that is in there, expanding where
necessary without manual changes.

i don't want shrink to fit as I need to text to be of a certain size

Wrapping text can be one way or install such an event sub:

    If Target.Column = 1 Then Columns(Target.Column).AutoFit
End Sub

This works on column A!

Post if you need help to install it!

--
Regards!
Stefi

„Elisal” ezt írta:

> I'm not sure it this is doable but is it possible to set a cell so that it
> automatically displays all the text that is in there, expanding where
> necessary without manual changes.
>
> i don't want shrink to fit as I need to text to be of a certain size

OWA Set Rule problem

Excel 2003 scrolling
When using Excel, I have always been able to use the scroll wheel to navigate vertically in a spreadsheet. With the installation of Excel 2003, scrolling occurs left to right. Any solutions? ...

Inserting time inside cell
I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a cell? sn hi, hh:mm:ss or 12:12:12 also see Format>cells>number tab. scroll down left to custom. scroll down right to see other formats. regards FSt1 "Sachi Noma" wrote: > I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP > > Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a > cell? > > sn > > Hi Sachi, Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you hit ctrl+; in a cell it will put the current date in that cell, i...

setting up new outlook mail account

Formating text of x-axix value
I make a chart with x-axix values from let's say 1E-9 to 1E-3, using logaritmic scale. So far so good. But my need is not to display the values in the chart like 1E-9, 1E-8, etc. but like 10-9, where the -9 text will be formated as upper index. Thx for any help or suggestion. see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karel" <Karel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA5042AE-A412-4CB3-B823-89741DAF8FFD@microsoft.com... >I mak...

How to set backcolour

How to keep a cell empty at the same time formula embedded?
Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. A cell cannot be both "empty" and contain something...........you can however, put a formula there that will display a blank cell according to the conditions of it's calculations........... =(IF(A1>5,A1,"")......will display a blank cell if A1 is 5 or less Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "vic_dic" <vic_dic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A590D8A6-7E86-49B7-AA9A-12DE213E670C@microsoft.com... > Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. What are you...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

can't resize a text box basic
I am creating some software flow diagrams. I add a box and try to add some text. I want the text to be on the box but it ends up being really long and I can't figure out how to re-size it. It ends up being too long. It disappears when I go back to working with the box. When I go to text mode then the text box is too long but I can't figure out how to delete it or resize it to fit on my box. Then I go back to the shape mode and the text box disappears. tia, Hello J, Have a look at this post: http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2006/08/15/694710.aspx If you haven't come a...

Search cells with many numbers a few numbers?
In Excel, I'd like to search cells which have many numbers in each, they are separated by spaces. I'd like to look in the cells for a few numbers. The logic statements do not seem to work. How do I do this? ...

Reading Pane Settings

Excel File
When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only. Please asuggest a immediate solution Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "ritu" wrote: > When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i > received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. > > The same file when opened on another PC received an error ...

Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as
I have a problem saving a file in code using: thisworkbook.SaveAs The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the Excel app crashes. I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive. Has anyone ever seen this problem? Thanks in advance, Stewart Rogers ...

Freezing contents of a cell
I have a cell (A4) that copies the results of a formula in another cell (B8). When B8 changes, I want A4 to keep its original results. Is this possible? Thanks, Barney Yes, have a look at the freeze pane function. It takes a cell co-ordinate and freezes on the cell. -- Regards, Alvin Bruney [Shameless Author Plug] The Microsoft Office Web Components Black Book with .NET available at www.lulu.com/owc ------------------------------------------------------------ "Barney" <postonbl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OB#mmsSIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a c...

Cell Display Issue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a spreadsheet that I created in Excel 2007 (windows) and am using in Excel 2008 Mac. I cannot get the cells the right width to display the numbers in all the cells. <br><br>When the column is too narrow, &quot;####&quot; is displayed as you would expect. But when I increase the column width to correctly display that cell, other cells in the same column that were displaying correctly now display &quot;# #####&quot;. <br><br>Increasing the column does not solve t...

format a cell
does anybody know how i can format a cell so that it looks like its raise. thanks in advance. One play to tinker with Either switch-off the gridlines (Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck gridlines > OK) or press CTRL + A (select entire sheet) then click to Fill color > white Select the cell(s) Click Format > Cells > Border tab Select the thickest solid line in "Style" Click to format either the right & bottom or the left & top borders Select the thinnest solid line in "Style" Click to format the remaining 2 borders Click OK -- Rgds...

How do I set OOR

How do I use Excel or Access or a combination of both to track an.
I would like to come up with a posting journal using either Excel or Access or a combination of both to track the dues of a non-profit organization. In using this I want to keep track of outstanding balance. I want to be able to use Word to prepare an invoice that I can either mail to the address or e-mail. I would like for the balance adjusted as each payment is made. Once all dues are paid then show it as paid in full. Thanks, Are you familiar with VBA - the office macro language? You can use this to automate word, excel, outlook, access, etc to talk to one another. Your question...

relate Long Integer with Text
How to relate field as Long Integer in one table with another filed as Text in another table? Two tables are from different database and I cannot change field type by modifying table. Thanks "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OMyhJ4BsHHA.4740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How to relate field as Long Integer in one table with another filed as Text > in another table? > > Two tables are from different database and I cannot change field type by > modifying table. > > Thanks > Song Su, SELECT YT1.YourColumn_Integer ,YT2.YourC...

Transferring Excel Data to Word...??? Help, ASAP!!!
I have to make "class passes" every week. They Include the student's name, Group color, homeroom teacher's name and room number, number of the room they will be going to, and the date and time. It is very hard to type in all of this data EVERY week... I have an excel spreadsheet that has all of this data in it. How do I "get my computer" to just "fill in" the blanks? for example, i have my data, and i press some key, and the names, teachers names, dates, times, room #s, etc. are filled in automatically. I've tried to make a template, i ju...