How to return a range of values in a drop-down.

Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one 
cell based on input from another cell.  
As an example:

Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe"

I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the 
corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe.  The results in A2 would be the 
following in a drop down:

4"
6"
8"

If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe"  it would return values (sizes) 
of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe.

10"
12"
15"

The bottom line and tricky part for me is how to have Excel return a range 
of values back to me in a drop down.  I've recently learned how to use 
Vlookup, Index & Match.  I want to do something along these lines, however 
the results displayed will be more than one value.
0
Utf
1/8/2010 4:00:01 PM
excel.worksheet.functions 4936 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1274 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

If you only have those 2 categories...

List the selections for each category in a range of cells...

F1:F3 = values that correspond to PVC pipe
G1:G3 = values that correspond to Metal pipe

Setup the drop down list...

Select cell A1
Goto the menu Data>Validation
Allow: List
Source:

=IF(A1="PVC Pipe",F1:F3,IF(A1="Metal Pipe",G1:G3,NA()))

OK out

If you get a message saying the "The source currently evaluates to an 
error....", just answer Yes.

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1662B96C-38EF-4943-8DD8-BFAF267A3913@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in 
> one
> cell based on input from another cell.
> As an example:
>
> Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe"
>
> I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the
> corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe.  The results in A2 would be the
> following in a drop down:
>
> 4"
> 6"
> 8"
>
> If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe"  it would return values (sizes)
> of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe.
>
> 10"
> 12"
> 15"
>
> The bottom line and tricky part for me is how to have Excel return a range
> of values back to me in a drop down.  I've recently learned how to use
> Vlookup, Index & Match.  I want to do something along these lines, however
> the results displayed will be more than one value. 


0
T
1/8/2010 4:15:38 PM
That did the trick.  Thanks for your help.  By the way, what does the "NA()" 
in the formula do?

"T. Valko" wrote:

> If you only have those 2 categories...
> 
> List the selections for each category in a range of cells...
> 
> F1:F3 = values that correspond to PVC pipe
> G1:G3 = values that correspond to Metal pipe
> 
> Setup the drop down list...
> 
> Select cell A1
> Goto the menu Data>Validation
> Allow: List
> Source:
> 
> =IF(A1="PVC Pipe",F1:F3,IF(A1="Metal Pipe",G1:G3,NA()))
> 
> OK out
> 
> If you get a message saying the "The source currently evaluates to an 
> error....", just answer Yes.
> 
> -- 
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> 
> 
> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:1662B96C-38EF-4943-8DD8-BFAF267A3913@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in 
> > one
> > cell based on input from another cell.
> > As an example:
> >
> > Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe"
> >
> > I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the
> > corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe.  The results in A2 would be the
> > following in a drop down:
> >
> > 4"
> > 6"
> > 8"
> >
> > If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe"  it would return values (sizes)
> > of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe.
> >
> > 10"
> > 12"
> > 15"
> >
> > The bottom line and tricky part for me is how to have Excel return a range
> > of values back to me in a drop down.  I've recently learned how to use
> > Vlookup, Index & Match.  I want to do something along these lines, however
> > the results displayed will be more than one value. 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/8/2010 8:40:02 PM
One last thing, in my example, I used two inputs.  What if I have a larger 
number of inputs, say 10?  The data validation limits what I can type into it.


"Joe" wrote:

> That did the trick.  Thanks for your help.  By the way, what does the "NA()" 
> in the formula do?
> 
> "T. Valko" wrote:
> 
> > If you only have those 2 categories...
> > 
> > List the selections for each category in a range of cells...
> > 
> > F1:F3 = values that correspond to PVC pipe
> > G1:G3 = values that correspond to Metal pipe
> > 
> > Setup the drop down list...
> > 
> > Select cell A1
> > Goto the menu Data>Validation
> > Allow: List
> > Source:
> > 
> > =IF(A1="PVC Pipe",F1:F3,IF(A1="Metal Pipe",G1:G3,NA()))
> > 
> > OK out
> > 
> > If you get a message saying the "The source currently evaluates to an 
> > error....", just answer Yes.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Biff
> > Microsoft Excel MVP
> > 
> > 
> > "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:1662B96C-38EF-4943-8DD8-BFAF267A3913@microsoft.com...
> > > Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in 
> > > one
> > > cell based on input from another cell.
> > > As an example:
> > >
> > > Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe"
> > >
> > > I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the
> > > corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe.  The results in A2 would be the
> > > following in a drop down:
> > >
> > > 4"
> > > 6"
> > > 8"
> > >
> > > If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe"  it would return values (sizes)
> > > of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe.
> > >
> > > 10"
> > > 12"
> > > 15"
> > >
> > > The bottom line and tricky part for me is how to have Excel return a range
> > > of values back to me in a drop down.  I've recently learned how to use
> > > Vlookup, Index & Match.  I want to do something along these lines, however
> > > the results displayed will be more than one value. 
> > 
> > 
> > .
> > 
0
Utf
1/8/2010 9:09:01 PM
>By the way, what does the "NA()" in the formula do?

If the input cell doesn't contain one of the two entries, either PVC or 
Metal, then the NA() will cause the formula to return an error and the drop 
down won't work.

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B614F6F6-1971-43F8-808E-78C27E7C548D@microsoft.com...
> That did the trick.  Thanks for your help.  By the way, what does the 
> "NA()"
> in the formula do?
>
> "T. Valko" wrote:
>
>> If you only have those 2 categories...
>>
>> List the selections for each category in a range of cells...
>>
>> F1:F3 = values that correspond to PVC pipe
>> G1:G3 = values that correspond to Metal pipe
>>
>> Setup the drop down list...
>>
>> Select cell A1
>> Goto the menu Data>Validation
>> Allow: List
>> Source:
>>
>> =IF(A1="PVC Pipe",F1:F3,IF(A1="Metal Pipe",G1:G3,NA()))
>>
>> OK out
>>
>> If you get a message saying the "The source currently evaluates to an
>> error....", just answer Yes.
>>
>> -- 
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>
>>
>> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1662B96C-38EF-4943-8DD8-BFAF267A3913@microsoft.com...
>> > Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in
>> > one
>> > cell based on input from another cell.
>> > As an example:
>> >
>> > Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe"
>> >
>> > I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return 
>> > the
>> > corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe.  The results in A2 would be 
>> > the
>> > following in a drop down:
>> >
>> > 4"
>> > 6"
>> > 8"
>> >
>> > If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe"  it would return values 
>> > (sizes)
>> > of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe.
>> >
>> > 10"
>> > 12"
>> > 15"
>> >
>> > The bottom line and tricky part for me is how to have Excel return a 
>> > range
>> > of values back to me in a drop down.  I've recently learned how to use
>> > Vlookup, Index & Match.  I want to do something along these lines, 
>> > however
>> > the results displayed will be more than one value.
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
T
1/8/2010 11:43:26 PM
One way...

Create a table that lists all the input categories and their corresponding 
values. Like this:

.......C.......D........E
1...Cat1...Cat2...Cat3
2...v1.......v1.......v1
3...v2.......v2.......v2
4...v3.......v3.......v3

Then, create a series of defined names like this:

Insert>Name>Define
Name: Cat1
Refers to: =$C$2:$C$4

Name: Cat2
Refers to: = $D$2:$D$4

Name: Cat3
Refers to: =$E$2:$E$4

OK out

Then, with cell A1 as the input cell:

A1 will contain either Cat1, Cat2 or Cat3

As the source for your drop down use:

=INDIRECT(A1)

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0E4B7D40-EA99-4BA8-A7A1-C27E72D25A90@microsoft.com...
> One last thing, in my example, I used two inputs.  What if I have a larger
> number of inputs, say 10?  The data validation limits what I can type into 
> it.
>
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
>> That did the trick.  Thanks for your help.  By the way, what does the 
>> "NA()"
>> in the formula do?
>>
>> "T. Valko" wrote:
>>
>> > If you only have those 2 categories...
>> >
>> > List the selections for each category in a range of cells...
>> >
>> > F1:F3 = values that correspond to PVC pipe
>> > G1:G3 = values that correspond to Metal pipe
>> >
>> > Setup the drop down list...
>> >
>> > Select cell A1
>> > Goto the menu Data>Validation
>> > Allow: List
>> > Source:
>> >
>> > =IF(A1="PVC Pipe",F1:F3,IF(A1="Metal Pipe",G1:G3,NA()))
>> >
>> > OK out
>> >
>> > If you get a message saying the "The source currently evaluates to an
>> > error....", just answer Yes.
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Biff
>> > Microsoft Excel MVP
>> >
>> >
>> > "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:1662B96C-38EF-4943-8DD8-BFAF267A3913@microsoft.com...
>> > > Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down 
>> > > in
>> > > one
>> > > cell based on input from another cell.
>> > > As an example:
>> > >
>> > > Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe"
>> > >
>> > > I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return 
>> > > the
>> > > corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe.  The results in A2 would be 
>> > > the
>> > > following in a drop down:
>> > >
>> > > 4"
>> > > 6"
>> > > 8"
>> > >
>> > > If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe"  it would return values 
>> > > (sizes)
>> > > of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe.
>> > >
>> > > 10"
>> > > 12"
>> > > 15"
>> > >
>> > > The bottom line and tricky part for me is how to have Excel return a 
>> > > range
>> > > of values back to me in a drop down.  I've recently learned how to 
>> > > use
>> > > Vlookup, Index & Match.  I want to do something along these lines, 
>> > > however
>> > > the results displayed will be more than one value.
>> >
>> >
>> > .
>> > 


0
T
1/8/2010 11:53:18 PM
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 18:53:18 -0500, "T. Valko" <biffinpitt@comcast.net>
wrote:

>One way...
>
>Create a table that lists all the input categories and their corresponding 
>values. Like this:
>
>......C.......D........E
>1...Cat1...Cat2...Cat3
>2...v1.......v1.......v1
>3...v2.......v2.......v2
>4...v3.......v3.......v3
>
>Then, create a series of defined names like this:
>
>Insert>Name>Define
>Name: Cat1
>Refers to: =$C$2:$C$4
>
>Name: Cat2
>Refers to: = $D$2:$D$4
>
>Name: Cat3
>Refers to: =$E$2:$E$4
>
>OK out
>
>Then, with cell A1 as the input cell:
>
>A1 will contain either Cat1, Cat2 or Cat3
>
>As the source for your drop down use:
>
>=INDIRECT(A1)


  Yes, I use named ranges as a drop down list definition as well, but
your description here makes it understandable.  Good job.

  I do a similar thing with a time sheet I made that allows the user to
select from various time increments, and the drop down list varies
accordingly.  I think I went about it slightly differently though.

  It is on the MicroSoft Office Template site at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300083091033.aspx?pid=CT101172771033

  There are several lists (some long) from which the increment is
derived.
0
WallyWallWhackr
1/9/2010 5:35:53 PM
>your description here makes it understandable.  Good job.

Thanks!

-- 
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP


"WallyWallWhackr" <wallywallwhackr@thematrixattheendofthemushroomstem.org> 
wrote in message news:49fhk55clc01vtd4ldkd8okg7pupcb3tq6@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 18:53:18 -0500, "T. Valko" <biffinpitt@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>One way...
>>
>>Create a table that lists all the input categories and their corresponding
>>values. Like this:
>>
>>......C.......D........E
>>1...Cat1...Cat2...Cat3
>>2...v1.......v1.......v1
>>3...v2.......v2.......v2
>>4...v3.......v3.......v3
>>
>>Then, create a series of defined names like this:
>>
>>Insert>Name>Define
>>Name: Cat1
>>Refers to: =$C$2:$C$4
>>
>>Name: Cat2
>>Refers to: = $D$2:$D$4
>>
>>Name: Cat3
>>Refers to: =$E$2:$E$4
>>
>>OK out
>>
>>Then, with cell A1 as the input cell:
>>
>>A1 will contain either Cat1, Cat2 or Cat3
>>
>>As the source for your drop down use:
>>
>>=INDIRECT(A1)
>
>
>  Yes, I use named ranges as a drop down list definition as well, but
> your description here makes it understandable.  Good job.
>
>  I do a similar thing with a time sheet I made that allows the user to
> select from various time increments, and the drop down list varies
> accordingly.  I think I went about it slightly differently though.
>
>  It is on the MicroSoft Office Template site at:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300083091033.aspx?pid=CT101172771033
>
>  There are several lists (some long) from which the increment is
> derived. 


0
T
1/9/2010 6:32:39 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Drop-Down List
How do I select from a drop-down list, and have a second drop-down list change based on my selection of the first drop-down list. hi see this site.... http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html regards FSt1 "Jarod" wrote: > How do I select from a drop-down list, and have a second drop-down list > change based on my selection of the first drop-down list. there are several ways to do this - - one way is say your drop down is A1 and your choices are Canada / USA. were ever you make a list for your second dropdown list = Ontario / Alberta / Quebec etc. in t...

How do I count odd numbers in a range?
Could someone please help me!!! I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I have tried to use the 'countif' , 'iseven' and 'isodd' formulas. However, I have been unsuccessful. Can someone please let me know if this can be done? Here's a formula from an older post by Peo Sjoblom that seems to do what you want: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A22,2)=1)) Adjust the range as necessary. tj "Rob" wrote: > Could someone please help me!!! > > I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I have > trie...

Zero-value Budget Column in FRx SP11
Hello all, We have just resolved an interesting problem that one of our customers was encountering after upgrading from FRx SP9 to SP11, that I'd like to share with you all, along with our resolution. Bear in mind, I am not recommending this resolution to you, so much as providing it to assist you with your own enquiries. The symptoms of the problem are as follows: A report contains a two columns, a budget column and an actuals column. Running the report on FRx SP9 produces the correct figures. Running the report on FRx SP11 produces correct actuals, but the budget figu...

Return-Path: <> from Postmater
Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

.NET equivalent to XSLT value-of select
This seems like it should be really easy, but I cannot seem to make it work. I am trying to retrieve the text value of an element named "child2Element" from an XML file in a .NET (v 1.1) with an XPath expression. In an XSLT document I would use <xsl:value-of select="rootElement/child1Element[@childId='110']/child2Element"/> (and this does work fine in a transform). But I cannot seem to find the right method or object in .NET. There seem to be a number of classes that can use XPath, but I can't figure out which one I have to use to get just the te...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Move cell info and info in range of cells on new entry
I would like to enter info into exsiting cell and when I hit enter the existing info would move down one row. B C D E 5 Enter new info her existing info moves down 6 7 Thanks for the help. -- JoAnn You could use a worksheet_change event macro within your sheet module to do this when you enter a value into the last column of the existing row. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "abc" <abc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8378874C-D0D0-4E73-98F6-F48E61B60898@microsoft.com......

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

Deleting a note keeps the value in the NOTEINDX field
I just discovered that if you delete a note from a document (in my case, a cash receipts document), the system will delete the actual note record from the SY03900 table but will leave the original NOTEINDX value on the document record intact. Is this normal behavior? I would think the system should clear out the value in the document record since the note no longer exists. Referential integrity! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Yes, this is normal for GP. The record is created the first time the user clicks the note icon and "bookmarks...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Return
When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix rather than the individual item and changing the quantity to -1? Hi KIm, Normally this won't work as it works in sale where for each matrix type you can put the qunatites. HOWEVER when you select the matrix item it bring the matrix window but allow only one item at a time to be returned and make the -1 qty automatically in return document type. It work but one by one. Regards Akber "Kim" wrote: > When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix > rather than the individua...

form creating new row in table1, looking for field value in table
Please can someone help as I have been battling all week with this problem, and haven't had a response. I have a form which uses some data from table1 to create an entry in table2 (i know duplication is bad, but as this is a live database, and i am working on a new section, this makes this complicated task easier), which works fine. however, i have a third table that has the unique ID from table1 and table2 in order to show when a table1 row of data is needed in table2 via a checkbox. This third table3 is created when elsewhere. The problem lies with bringing in the unique ID value...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

List of values summing to a known value
Is it possible to run a query that would return a list of values that sum to a known quantity. A simplified example would be as follows: Return any items from the list that sum to 10 1 3 4 7 9 The returned values would be 1,9 and 3,7. Thanks. Do you mean something like this -- SELECT [TableA_1].[Auto]+[TableA].[Auto] AS Expr1, TableA.Auto, TableA_1.Auto FROM TableA, TableA AS TableA_1 WHERE ((([TableA_1].[Auto]+[TableA].[Auto])=10)); -- Build a little, test a little. "lmattern" wrote: > Is it possible to run a query that would return a list...

Returns immediate function
Hi all, I know that the function CeRapiInitEx returns immediately. No wait for processing. I want to implement such a function. Returns immediate. no wait. How do I implement such a function? Thanks Ko You might create a UI thread that do the work, launch it in the "non-wait" function and return immediatly to the caller. When the thread done it's works, you can post an application message to return the results.... Greetings, Gaetano Sferra "PPC DEV" <ppc_dev@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:033101c3b388$a7098910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all...

Using a named range in a Sumproduct comparison
Hi, Lets suppose I have in a worksheet of 500 rows of data with 4 columns. I want to apply sumproduct for determining count with certain conditions. Now one of the columns (column A) have data such that it is always only one of the following 6 possible values. "UK", "US", "IN", "AU", "FI" and "PA Now one of the conditions in the sumproduct is that column A has to be "UK", "AU" or "FIN". For one other column the (Column B) there are 4 possible conditions like 56, 78, 89 or 44. Now the next condition for ...

Opportunity status reason value
Hi, Does anyone know what table stores opportunity status reason value? I tried doing mail merge for email and i need that status reason value to be included. I tried using &opportunity.statuscode; however it returned the numerical value. Could someone help me on this? Thanks Carrie For picklists you always have two values: a numerical value and the text value. Where opportunity.statuscode returns the numerical value, opportunity.statuscodename should give you the text value. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > Does an...

Lookup Values, return multiple.
I need help please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DR001 10 CR001 PL001 2 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in Worksheet B [B] only for SP001 in [A] and return with values from Worksheet B [C] 16 and 5 I need the values to be seperated and not summed. Tx. Appreciate assistance. Try this... In the formulas: Rng1 refers to worksheet B $A$2:$A$5 Rng2 refers ...

% Return Line graph?
Hi- Can someone show me how to customize a graph in Money 2005 to show my stock portfolio's % change over time? I just want a simple line chart showing my percentage change since the beginning - as a way to just figure out relative performance but I can't seem to find the right graph to customize. I can't just chart the value of the portfolio as I have been adding money to it over time which has drastically changed the % returns. I am not sure if what I want is possible or if this is clear but I also have the plugin for MS Excel that I can import money data so if there is...

Displaying only specified values-not using Autofilter
I have a somewhat unusual question based on something that's stumped me for over a week. I'm hoping the collective wisdom of this newsgroup might be of some help. I'm attempting to display all of the results of value "x" from one sheet on another. To elaborate, sheet 2 has a column, let's call it column A. Each cell in column A has a value, let's say, for simplicity sake, "1", "2", "3", or "4". What I want to do is go back to sheet 1 and format it in such a way that all of the rows containing value "1" in the afor...

kit item return
There should be an option in the Store Op Manager --> Configuration --> Option Tab to allow the ability when returning a Kit Item to either return the quantity back to the Kit Items Inventory or to the Kit Item COMPONENTS Inventory. Effectively breaking out the Kit Item automatically when the item is returned to inventory. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Picklist Default Values ?
A problem: After a Lead is converted to an Opportunity, the new Opportunity has NULL values in the OpportunityBase table and CRMOpportunity.Retrieve cant access any picklist values for that Opportunity. Is there a way to access the default values for the picklist, perhaps through SQL ? The default values appear on the opportunity in the user interface - surely they must be there somewhere - or are they ? I have seen this problem posted but without any good solutions yet. Thanks. S picklist values are stored in the stringmap table "SuperSonic Steve" <lafleur@canadiensfan.c...