How to enable auto height with merged cells?

I previously asked a question regarding auto height with merged cells and was
given a code to enter into visual basic. I entered the code and copied &
pasted a narrative into the row. It originally seemed to work. But after
closing the workbook and re-opening it another day the 'referenced' row is
back to the original height.

Is there a way to for the row height to expand and remain sized so anyone
accessing the workbook can read the narrative? Additionall, I need the row to
remain at the full height when printing the worksheeet.

How to have formulas and formats auto copy to new inserted rows
I am looking for a way to have formulas and cell formats from preceeding rows automatically entered into inserted rows. I have the Extend formats and formulas option checked but it is not working????? The following MSKB article explains how Auto Extend works, and some of the reasons that it may not work: XL2000: How Auto Extend List Behavior Works http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231002 DippyDawg wrote: > I am looking for a way to have formulas and cell formats from preceeding rows > automatically entered into inserted rows. I have the Extend formats and > formulas op...

Cell names #2
Is there a way to delete multiple names from the Insert>name>define box? One at a time. But you can get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager to help: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp e_vandenbush wrote: > > Is there a way to delete multiple names from the Insert>name>define box? -- Dave Peterson Hi E, To delete multiple names and many other name related utilities, try downloading Jan Karel Pieterse's invaluable Name Manager addin. It is downloadable, free of charge, at: ...

Changing a cell color....
Hi, Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" command??? Thank you, Shaul On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote= : > Hi, > Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" = > command??? Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting. -- = Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

'ignore' cells in calculating?
I'm new to Excel. I have a simple column of numbers I'm summing. Is there a way I can flag selected cells in this column for Excel to ignore in its calculation? I'd occasionally like to sum ~all~ the cells in the column, but at other times to sum only those I've not flagged as 'ignore'. Thanks. You could set up a column beside your current column which would contain TRUE or FALSE (either manually entered, or using a formula). Then use the SUMIF function. For example if you had this situation, and used =SUMIF (B1:B7,TRUE,A1:A7) the result would be 57. A ...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Merging of Worksheets
Dear All Is it possible to merge say 3 worksheets of the same structure int just 1 worksheet? If yes, how? I would really appreciate an help/suggestion... Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Give this a try, I think the code was By: Ron de Bruin 'will take the data on all sheets in a workbook and copy it to one sheet Public Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet) On Error Resume Next LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:="*", _ After:=sh.Range("A1"), _ Lookat:=xlPart, _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ ...

Auto-populate fields based on changing one.
This has probably been ascked and answered before but my searches have turned up blank so here goes... I have an existing database system that requires 3 fields updated in one table (hardware) from another(clients) when creating a new record (ClientName,ClientID,ClientLoc) I have a Combobox so the user can select the ClientName but I am having trouble figuring out how to update the other 2 fields to match. I have tried adding the other 2 colums to the ClientName filed and using a SetValue macro to assign ClientName(2) and ClientName(3) to ClientID and ClientLoc. I can see the other columns ...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

How do I get rid of too many active cells in Excel
When I click on a second cell location, the box appeared in the first cell location remained in the work sheet. I fixed the problem by closing the file and reopen it but what causes it? See answer to your next posting of this question. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Josey" <Josey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D63ABFA-A3DB-4CF4-AD13-21D1D5690B8F@microsoft.com... > When I click on a second cell location, the box appeared in the first cell > location remained in the work sheet. I fixed the problem by closing the file > and reopen it but what causes it...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Autopopulating Cells
Hey Everyone, Just a quick question. I have a worksheet that will not contain th same amount of rows everytime. The final column in the worksheet ha subtotals of some ranges of the rows. Is there a function in excel tha if I want the first time a subtotal in say column G appears it will g to cell A:1. Then the next subtotal (rememeber this changes ever worksheet and the amount of rows in between changes as well) found i column G will go to B:1, the next subtotal in G will go to C:1, etc Can someone please help? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does this mean that you...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

REPLY TO: how can i creat options in a cell of excel worksheet
You really need to give more information on what you're looking for. What do you mean by "Options"? Also, if you don't leave a message in the message portion when you're posting, many of us can't reply to the request. HTH, Barb Reinhardt ...

Auto Resend...
Good afternoon all, I am running OUTLOOK 2003 with BCM. I am looking for a simplistic way to resend emails. Let me explain. I sent out an email with a number of my contacts BCC'd. In a weeks time, i was wanting to send the same information again and not after that. Only two emails is all I want to send. I want it to still be BCC'd aside from my email and name of course. Is there a way to do this for a novice like myself? Thanks in advance, Sam Create a template or custom form to use for the messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

IF (CELL>.76 AND <1.01 THEN (CELL)
I AM TRYING TO INPUT INTO A CELL, (CALL IT G2) THAT IF THE NUMBER IN ANOTHER CELL, (CALL IT A7) IS BETWEEN .76 AND 1.01 THEN PUT THE DATA FROM A THIRD CELL, (CALL IT H3) IN THAT CELL (G2). HOW CAN I MAKE THIS HAPPEN? On cell G2 type =IF(AND(A7>=0.76,A7<=1.01),H3,"") Also next time refrain from using all CAPS when posting questions "WALOTT1" <WALOTT1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27B501AA-3037-4353-87FD-2E49CFF79F6D@microsoft.com... >I AM TRYING TO INPUT INTO A CELL, (CALL IT G2) THAT IF THE NUMBER IN >ANOTHER > CELL, (CALL IT ...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Auto formatting worksheets
Good Day, Could anyone tell me if it is possible to name worksheets automatically;e.g., January - December. Thanks for your help, Bert. ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ Does automatically include a macro? And does it mean you want 12 new sheets or rename existing sheets? This adds 12 sheets and names them: Option Explicit Su...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

DELETE CELLS w/ "DIV/0" MACRO
Trying to write a macro that will do a 'search and delete' type function for cells that yield a "DIV/0" error. What I want to accomplish is a break in the line graph when there is no data. Problem is that excel 2003 treats anything in a cell other than a numerical value as a ZERO. Even if I write an IF(ISERROR) function to yield "", it still treats the cell as a zero value. The only way to get a break in the line is to actually delete out the formula completely when there's a "DIV/0" error. Any suggestions? Hi, If your formula are in the ra...

Auto balance feature
Ever since I installed Money 2005 Premium my auto balance feature doesnt work. I get an error messagen that states that "my information is being updated. Click OK wait a few minutes and try again" cNo matter how long I wait this continues to happen. What a piece of Crap. I contacted support and 2 days have passed and they still cant fix it. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!! I wouldn't be too worried about it, trusting auto balancing to balance an account, especially a bank checking account is risky, and I'd recommend against using it. It's disused a lot on here, take a ...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

how to split the unmerge cell in Excel?
I have created more than 20 tables one by one downwards already. But now i need one column in one table .suppose i try to insert column and change the heading , at that time all table settings are changed. So that i need split a cell that cell not merged. hi, try this. on the xl toolbar....Data>Text to Colunms... Be careful. Text to columns will delete any data to the right so add a column or columns to accommidate the parsed data. regards FSt1 "RR" wrote: > I have created more than 20 tables one by one downwards already. But now i > need one column in one table...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

Merging cell problems
I have worked with a particular spreadsheet for many months. I merge cell constantly. After a co-worker modified the spreadsheet, the file wouldn't allow cells to be merged anymore, (the button stayed gray). My co-worker said she didn't change anything ::cough cough:: yeah right. Either way, something happened while it was under her control but she's lucky knows how to turn her computer on. anyway, I already tried right clicking and going under formatting cells, but even that option was gray and it couldnt be selected. I can merge cells in all the other files. I'm ...

RE-Enabled Acconts
OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their access back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had waited 1 hour... What is happening? Carl it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uib71bezGHA....