How do I separate a name into 2 columns from Surname, christian n.

I have a list of names in the format "surname, christian name" and want to
separate the two names so I have the surname and christian names in different
columns. Is there a function formula to do this?

Data > Text to Columns > follow the wizard

"Phil B" wrote:

> I have a list of names in the format "surname, christian name" and want to
> separate the two names so I have the surname and christian names in different
> columns. Is there a function formula to do this?

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

This is what Fabrikam 2.0 International does to me
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&familyid= =3Dd97820b4-b551-4b30-8695-9149243bdb5c Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 10 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 8/7/2003 Time: 6:36:38 PM User: N/A Computer: MyComputer Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module = mso.dll, version 10.0.4219.0, fault address 0x00101985.=20 Data: 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail 0010: 75 72 65 20 20 6f 75 74 ure out 0018: 6c 6f 6f 6b 2e 65 78 65 look.exe 0020: 20 31...

Separate inboxes for separate accounts
How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail came from? Using Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail >accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail >came from? Using Outlook 2000. >. > I'm a novice but I just ask that question and dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice: It is done with rules. 1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.) Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule... This brings up...

Master image to use in separate sheets?
Hello All, Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use the same image/background for each sheet, instead of needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide). Thanks in advance, drew If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that I could just copy. If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had that background the way I wanted it. Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's favorite). Tnen when you rightclick on...

how to block domain names
How do I block a domain? Outlook can't block anything. Linda Mellin wrote: > How do I block a domain? make a rule "Linda Mellin" wrote: > How do I block a domain? "Linda Mellin" <LindaMellin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80646AD4-196B-46FF-BAEE-CB9E57BF5953@microsoft.com... > How do I block a domain? Add the domain to the Blocked Sender list and messages from it will be placed in Junk E-mail. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

How to automatically number a new document(Invoice) when opening #2
I am trying to set up a template in Excel 2000 and would like to be able to automatically number each invoice as the template is 63opeed to a new document, can anyone tell me in basic terms if this is possible and how to do it please? ...

Understanding Range Names and Labels
I have just worked through an excelent example for creating a chart directly from a formula on www.jkp-ads.com. This at last has got my head around Names (I think) eg. a name defined "sheet1!Top_left" =sheet1!$a$1 cannot be used or seen on another sheet a name defined "Top_left" =sheet1!$a$1 can be used on all sheets and always refers to sheet1 a name defined "Top_left" =indirect("a1") can be used on all sheets and refers to a1 on the same sheet as the name call. The bit I need help on (and sorry for the waffle) is what Labels are and how do I use ...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

One stop shopping: Need ALL Mailbox Delegate Names & Permissions
I'm trying to programatically get all names and permission levels for users who have access to a particular mailbox. As I understand it, access to a mailbox can be granted in serveral ways. The first is via a "Send As" delegate created in Outlook (Tools->Options->Delegates). The names are stored in AD (publicDelegates attribute) and are available through LDAP queries. Problem is with the permissions, where are they stored? How can they be retrieved programatically? Another method of granting access is by adding a user to the (mailbox, inbox, calendar ...) folders in Ou...

Separating strings in a field to separate fields
Hi, I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code that will easily do this? Thanks, Jaime On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:08:57 -0800 (PST), jseger22@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, >Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate >that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code >that will easily do this? > >Thank...

Exchange 2003
Hello All, Yesterday night we started receiving lots of errors on our Exchange 2003 SP1 server (Exchange is in native mode). Server reports that there are constant attempts to create named properties, so that the quota (36K) had been exceeded. Here's the typical error message: 1) Event ID 9667, source: MSExchangeIS, Category: General Failed to create a new named property for database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MVEXCH1)" because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (16384). User attempting to create the named property: "BESAdmin" Named prope...

Formula help! #2
hi all can someone help me where i have a row of numbers that go 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 10, 5 etc... from cells D2:K2 i want a formula to put in A2 that returns the first non- zero number, ie. it would return 5. it would also be useful to have a formula that returns which column the first non-zero number occurs in. any ideas? thanks JohnQ one way: First non-zero (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(rng,MATCH(TRUE,rng<>0,FALSE)) where rng is your range reference (e.g., D2:K2). Column the first-non-zero occurs in (also array-entered): =LEFT(ADDRESS(1,3+MA...

Launch Oulook Express Newsreader separately
Hi I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to access it, I need to first launch Outlook. Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine. I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro. Thanks I believe the command-line switch is /newsonly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "aJax&...

Count cells in a column that contain dates
Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do this? If the only cells that are in that column that are numeric (like dates), you can use: =count(a:a) (Dates are just numbers formatted nicely in excel.) Cachod1 wrote: > > Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count > the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do > this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Name Badges in Publisher?
I am trying to create custom Name tags in publisher. I want to print 8 different names on one sheet. Right now, I can only get one name per sheet on 8 tags. How do I do this. Publisher 2003 (your didn't say) help returned this: If you have a package of Avery labels with a specific product number, you can quickly open a matching label publication by using the Page Setup dialog box. 1.. On the File menu, click New to open a new publication. 2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup. 3.. Under Publication Type, select Label. 4.. Under Page Size, click the scroll arrows at the top...

Column Heading Query
I am using Outlook 2003. I have created an extra folder to move sent items into. There is no 'To' column displayed. I have been able to create a 'To' column. But, the 'To' address of each entry is not displayed in this column. How do I achieve this objective? TIA "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h9bkks$kfh$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >I am using Outlook 2003. > I have created an extra folder to move sent items into. > There is no 'To' column displayed. > I have been able to create a 'To' column. > But,...

2 easy questions for someone better with Excel then me...lol
I'm using Excel 2002 and not very good at it yet...lol. So any help would be appreciated. I have a spreadsheet where I have a list of people in column G and corresponding numbers in column H. I have a separate list of numbers in column E. Question #1: I need to figure out how to enter a formula in a cell that automatically counts the entries/names in G11-G19. I know I can count entries of numbers by =COUNT (G11:G19), but It won't work for this so I assume their is a different formula to use when you want to count names. What would that be? Question #2 I have a cell that automa...

SHEET NAMING #2
HOW DO I NAME VARIOUS SHEETS IN MY WORK BOOK WITH DATES OF A MONTH e.g. FEB 9, FEB 10 ETC IN ONE SHORT try this in Sheet1 , Range A1: A10 type FEB 9, FEB 10 and so on run this macro Sub sheet_name() For a =3D 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets(a).Name =3D Cells(a, 1).Value Next End Sub On Feb 9, 12:56=A0pm, rnks...@gmail.com wrote: > HOW DO I NAME VARIOUS SHEETS IN MY WORK BOOK WITH DATES OF A MONTH > e.g. FEB 9, FEB 10 ETC > IN ONE SHORT Double-click the sheet tab and over-type the value. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <rnkshan@gmail.com> wrote in message new...

Help or SDK doc for RMS 2.0
Hi, One of my client is migrating to RMS 2.0 and i have created some addins which works in 1.3. Can someone help me to download the new SDK or help file as i want to make sure same addins will work fine. My client hasn't got the RMS 2.0 yet so i am doing this to make sure i don't make fool of myself trying to install old addin. Thanks in advance Manoj ...

separate pages rather than spreads?
Hi Using 2007 I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent it to an outside printer. They replied asking "Would it be possible to send in the inside pages as separate pages rather than spreads? That is a pdf with the pages A5 size in number order 1- whatever." Anyone know how to do that please ?? -- Martin ���� Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: > Hi > Using 2007 > I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent > it to an outside printer. They replied asking > > "Would it be possible to se...

Need to Separate
Hello All, I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: I have the following: TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL I need it to be: TX CA NM VT NY MI OK FL Thanks, Charles Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by ; will get it into columns. Then copy>paste special>transpose will get it into one column. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:02:46 -0500, "Charles Reid" <creid@satx.rr.com> wrote: >Hello All, > >I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: > >I have the following: > >TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL &g...

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Show significiance between 2 bars
I want to put a line that connects two bars in Excel, and put different values on top of it, like correlations or significances between the two bars. Example: http://hawaii.edu/mri/excel.jpg Right now, I am doing each by hand. I open it in PowerPoint, and then use the shapes and text boxes to connect everything. Does Excel have a feature to do this more-or-less automatically? Thank you. Select the chart, click on the Layout tab and draw the shape you want. Use the Format tab the rotate the shape. Add a text box above shape. "snowrider" wrote: > I want ...

Money 2006 refresh slow up to 2 min.
I have money 2006 de luxe and every time I click in the HOME button, it takes up to 2 mins to refresh the screen and show the main screen. I reinstalled several times but does not help at all. Any idea? Regards David Learn to live with it. Customize the home page by taking stuff off until it's faster. Buy a faster computer. Hope M07 is faster. "DDelgado" <DDelgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D8D26BD-F629-41D9-9947-85443D6F73C7@microsoft.com... >I have money 2006 de luxe and every time I click in the HOME button, it >takes > up to 2 mins ...

Synching 2 iPhones to Outlook on one PC for separate calendaring
I want to use Outlook on our new PC to synch calendars for two iPhones belonging to my wife and myself. How do I go about this to keep the calendaring info separate; how does the iPhone know which calendar to synch with? Do I have to open Outlook to the right calendar somehow before I synch with the appropriate iPhone? Or is there some automated way of doing this so that I can just synch my iPhone without opening Outlook, and the system will know which iPhone gets synched with which calendar? Thanks -- Bob You'll need to configure the sync to use the correct profile and outlook w...