how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?

I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option
is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ?

Hi,

This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected.

Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook

--
Mike

question.

"Nelson" wrote:

> I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option
> is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ?

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

How to update an external excel sheet
The situation is this: *All the computers have Windows XP. *All this is working under a net. *In computer A: I have a bloomberg terminal. *In computer A: I have an excel sheet open linked to bloomberg that automatically updates the information. *In computer B: I have an excel sheet and I want that everything updates in this computer too. Any help? Thanks. Hi, You could link both workbooks to bloomberg, or link the workbook on computer B to the workbook on computer A. Cheers -- macropod [MVP - Microsoft Word] <google@pichara.com> wrote in message news:1149862448.687935.133210@j...

Sheet command?
Does anyone know how to automatically update a worksheet? I have an assignment whereby i have to enter the results for 10 english classes each containing 20 students. these results are then to be automatically entered into an overall english summary sheet and on overall summary sheet (containing other subjects) the guide says to do this using the 'sheet command' anybody know how to do this? Or simply how to automatically update a worksheet by transferring the results from one to another? To me,it sounds like you have "raw data" in a data sheet where you enter scores, then in...

Tab control grows spontaneously
Hope this is the appropriate newsgroup. If not, please advise (.. and it may be a Windows or video adapter problem) Client pointed out a problem that has existed with several forms for several years, but never bothered to inform me. Only a recent on-site visit revealed the problem. Application is developed in A97, and only recently updated to A2003 (problem exists in both versions). The problem is not present on my primary development machine (notebook) or checking machine (CRT display). It *is* present on two of the customer's desktop computers (LCD panel), but not on another desktop co...

Cost Sheet
I'm trying to come up with a daily cost sheet. What I've done so far is develop a tab on the spreadsheet that has all the information, that I want to retrieve. Now, what I want to do is develop a "summary page" that retrieves information by date. So, what I did was come up with a drop down menu where you are allowed to select the date on which you want to view the performance of the day. My question is how do I make the information change on the "summary page", once you select a different date? One way is illustrated in this sample: http://www.freefilehosting....

running a macro on a protected sheet
I've got a scenario where I've got several option buttons in groups to make choices. I've got the sheet protected so the buttons and/or groups can't be accidentally moved by the user. However, I've created a "clear all" button so the user can reset the form to redo their option button choices, if they need to. But, when protected, the macro attached to the "clear all" button won't work (due to the protection). How do I get around this? Thanks! Kriss, here is one way Sub test1() ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="123" 'you cle...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

How do you enbed a marcos or VB in a sheet?
The subject is the question Thanks Mike Hi Mike, Right click on the sheet tab with the sheet name on it. Select View Code. This opens the VBA editor where you can insert code for the specific sheet. Normally you place event driven code here. When you first open the vba editor before any code is placed here, at the top of the large white area you will see 2 drop down boxes. One with the default General and the other with default Declarations. If you click the arrow of the one with General, you can select worksheet. You can then click the arrow of the other box and you will get a list o...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

Tab name is grey! I want it black!
Hi, thanks for viewing my post. I am using 2002 on a mac if that matters but my worksheet tabs have changed to light grey making it difficult to see the worksheet number or name. How would I change it back to black? Thanks! There's some information in the following thread, http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=fc7dfa0c.0305202337.4bbf46ff%40posting.google.com and you may want to post your question in the Mac newsgroup: microsoft.public.mac.office.excel crazyaboutgus wrote: > Hi, thanks for viewing my post. I am using 2002 on a mac if that > matters but my workshe...

Control Tab from Combo box- format control missing!!
I cannot change the input range and cell link within the format control option of a combo box. Does anyone know why this control tab is missing? Many thanks You should use a combo box from the Forms toolbar rather than the Control Toolbox toolbar to see what you expect. Otherwise, right click the Control Toolbox combo box, pick Properties, and enter the ListFillRange and LinkedCell properties. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mo" <Mo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA27F5C9-9500-47F9-A814-94714F7B840F@microsoft.com... |I cannot change the input range and cell ...

Colouring excel sheet tabs
Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to colour the bottom tabs of an excel worksheet. Is there a macro i can use to colour them? Again, any help much appreciated regards Neal -- Neal Only in XL2002 and 2003 Versions prior to these have no method(macro or otherwise) of colouring sheet tabs. In XL2002 right-click on tab and "Tab Colour" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:34:22 -0000, "NealUK" <xxx@xxx.xx> wrote: >Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to colour the bottom tabs of an >excel worksheet. Is there a macro i can use to colour...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Selecting / UnSelecting sheets
Hi, I have used this forum before to get help on my excel issues. Now I have come up with a situation that I cant get around (due to my limited knowledge). I will appreciate your help if someone can point out a way to select/unselect multiple sheets from a workbook using a macro.. a generic one that i can use from a custom toolbar.. thanx in advance. Cheers !!! Shuvro -- shuvro_basu How would that generic macro know which sheets to select (and which to skip)? Worksheets.select or sheets.select would get all of the worksheets (or all of the sheets), though. shuvro_basu wrote: > ...

Help with Macro in selecting sheets.
I have recorded a macro and am experiencing problems because during the recording of the macro sheet names have been hard coded. As time has progressed, extra data has been added and extra sheets have been added and therefore when I run it I get the message “Run time Error ‘9’, Subscript out of range”. When I select debug it points to the line that starts Sheets(Array("sheet 1”, “sheet 2”,….” I therefore have 2 problems:- Problem 1. Sheets("ZZZ ABC").Select Sheets("ZZZ ABC ").Copy After:=Sheets(67) Sheets("ZZZ ABC (2)").Select Sheets("...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

Sheet tabs are hidden...option is checked
Anyone know how to make the sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar show up at the bottom? I created a workbook for my mom's work on Excel 2000 containing 5 different sheets, which I can navigate to by clicking the tabs at the bottom. However, my mom can't see the tabs (or the horizontal scroll bar) using Excel 2003. There's nothing else at the bottom except the status bar. I got her to check Tools>Options>"View", but both the sheet tabs and horizontal scroll bar options are checked to be shown. Is there something else I can tell her to do? -- okamico ----------...

help with Excel formula for a bowling score sheet
Hi, I am a student at a community college just starting excel 2002...my teacher is an arrogant bastard and told everyone in class they couldn't write or find a formula for a bowling score sheet. And he was correct about writing one I tried and with the statements I know it would take 3 months to write...so here I am trying to find it. It has to be a formula to score a bowling game....with strikes and spares. Please help me put this guy in his place...if you know where to find it or you already have it or are generous enough to take some time and explain it to me I would appreciate it. I w...

Renaming Reporting Services
Hello, I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to resolve this problem? Thanks a Lot! Breno Amorim you changed the name of the crm web server? ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C698B9F7-FF7B-43BC-8368-59C31A5FB994@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I changed the name ...

Macro for Sheet Navigation (Excel 2007)
I'm looking for a macro that is compatible with Excel 2007. I've searched the forums and shareware sites, but can't find anything current enough. I have a workbook with many sheets, too many to conveniently navigate through with just the basic Excel GUI. I have seen some older shareware apps that create floating menus that allow the user to organize the sheets into groups so that the user only has to interact with a subset of worksheets at any moment, based on the group that they have selected. This allows them to more easily switch between sheets without scrolling horizontally...

How to print with a gap in the middle of a sheet
I am trying to setup a print button with code to print a range of data on a 11x17" sheet of paper, portrait layout but to have a break in the middle of the sheet always so if you fold it in half you will not be folding over text. I need something like a footer in the middle of the page. I have 2 seperate parts of the data range. One is for first shift and the other is for 2nd and 3rd shift. So if you fold the 11x17 sheet in half you get 1st shift data on the front and then the 2nd&3rd shift info on the other half but with a break in the middle where the crease is so no text ge...

when I rename outcmd.dat to .old, do I type outcmd.old or just rename to .old
I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. bob <bob@donotspam> wrote: > I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: >...

Renaming A Tab
Hi All Does anybody know if it is possible to rename tab as a cell refference. i.e. "Sheet1" becomes =A1 Does that mean anything??? Thanks Mark -- mark_richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479475 In VBA Activesheet.Name = Range("A1").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mark_richards" <mark_richard...

Consolidate rows on susequent sheets.
Excel 2002 On sheet 1 I have data imported from an Access database. The data consists of individual sales that are made by a number of different sales people. In column "B" are the salesperson's names, and going accross in the subsequent columns is related information about that particular sale. There are quite a number of sales by each person on the sheet and so I want to copy all the sales from each person to a seperate sheet in the same book. I would also like to rename the Tab of that sheet with the salesperson's name if possible. The problem is that each time I import ...

Linking Visio drawing to a specific Tab in an excel workbook
Hi. I'm doing some documentation to be posted on our intranet. I have a Visio drawing and an excel workbook, containing 5 tabbed pages. Is it possible to link objects in my Visio drawing to a specific excel workbook tab. So that different objects in my Visio drawing opens different excel workbook tabs? J;-) Hello J, Just insert a hyperlink as follows: C:\MySpreadsheet.xls#Sheet1!A1 Hope that helps. Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk "jthusgaard" <jthusgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC8B2A85-83E2-44D8-920F-64719F...