How do I delete excess pages from a file?

I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told
me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook.

What does the file look like from your end?

Has it got 1,700 pages or just one?

"deejai03" wrote:

> I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told
> me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook.
In Excel jargon a File is a workbook.

A workbook can have multiple worksheets.

A worksheet can have multiple pages when printed.

What exactly is the problem based upon this information?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:40:02 -0800, deejai03
<deejai03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told
>me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook.

0
Gord

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Files not visible in Windows Explorer
Hi folks, My colleague is using Publisher 2000 and while she can find all the Publisher files she created with P2000 when she goes to 'File>Open' from Publisher, most of these files cannot be found within the same directory in Windows Explorer. Can someone explain what is happening that the files go missing in the WE environment? She is using Windows NT (2000?), Publisher 2000, and an IBM Thinkpad A series. Thanks. Saved files will go into a designated folder you assigned in tools, options. Publisher doesn't arbitrarily place files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Not quite there with file sharing
I'm able to see and change my calendar and contact files in my shared docs folder from both my laptop and desktop, using the info in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;294759 However, I can't seem to save a local copy on my laptop. When the desktop, which is where the shared docs folder is located, is turned off, I lose all access to my calendar and contacts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ...

password protected backup files
After installing Windows XPs sp2, my Microsoft Money became corrupted. I uninstalled then reinstalled it. The problem now is that when I try to restore a backup, it keeps asking for a password. I have never password protected it. How can I restore my backup without having to start from scratch? Thank you for your help. maritimegal In microsoft.public.money, maritimegal wrote: >After installing Windows XPs sp2, my Microsoft Money >became corrupted. I uninstalled then reinstalled it. The >problem now is that when I try to restore a backup, it >keeps asking for a password....

2006 backup file to money essentials
I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it does not use files from previous versions. help In microsoft.public.money, dennisddjj wrote: >I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my >back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it >does not use files from previous versions. help If you did not start with the trial, return Essentials. Install the Money Plus Deluxe trial expecting to buy 60 days later. ...

GP 10 Keyboard Page Up/Down and Mouse Wheel
After upgrading from GP 9 tp GP 10 the keyboard Page Up/Down buttons and the mouse wheel do not work when trying to advance a page of a report that was printed to the Screen as the desination. Anyone else experience this problem? If so, is there a work around? Thank you, Don It is a known issue. Click the box for the magnification. You don't even have to change the magnification. Once you click on the magnification box (or field), click in the report and you can scroll up and down. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Don Leugers" wrote: > After upgrading from GP 9 tp GP 10...

File conversion #2
I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the file? TIA - Dave "Dasco" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:6dotv5F3m1sbU1@mid.individual.net... >I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and >although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File >conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the ...

auto filing in public folder
Hi all exchange professionals, I'm using exchange 2003 + outlook 2003. I have created a public folder such as "Outgoing mail" to store all outgoing email. I want to know whether there is method in exchange or third party software can create rules that it can auto filing those email. I mean it can scan the outgoing email address e.g. abc@xyz.com. then automically create a folder under "Outgoing mail" named "xyz.com" and move the mail to that folder. Next time, when there is mail to xyz.com, it will move it to "xyz.com" folder automically. If i...

Horizontal Page Breaks
HI: Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the number of horizontal page breaks I can have in a work sheet. I have a sheet with 43 Pages, which ends at Row 2066. When I add another page, I am unable to pull the print area down any further. If I go up a few rows and insert a page break, I can adjust that just fine. However, I can still not pull it past row 2066. Thanks, Sam I ran this macro: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim iCtr As Long ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks For iCtr = 2 To 65536 Step 2 ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Add before:=Cells(iCtr, "A") ...

Prints blank page first?
I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to a CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer). Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I get a blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1. Same thing happened with Page 2. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Ed Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print? Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say in the "separator page"...

Delete macros

page edition problems
I have created a page in PowerPoint, with an image, colored fonts, filled rectangles, and I am trying to send it as an email (not as an attached file) in Outlook. Cut and Paste gives a deteriorated result. I have tryied exporting the page out of PowerPoint in different formats, but I never get a result which gives a clear, professional looking email page. I have even rebuilt the page in Outlook: when I send it out it is ok, but at the receiver's side all the blocks of the page move to adjust to their window size and resolution. I am desperate to find a working solution. Thank you very much...

Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline()
Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline() I use fstream, open() and getline() to take a whole line from the text file. I would like to know how I can set the value of the file pointer to the beginning of the file without closing (with close() ) to start using getline() again. I need to do it many times and I think that making that without closing and reopening file thousands times will save much time. Could you advise me. Alur fseek(fileptr,0,SEEK_SET); AliR. "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B7AFF-6057-4C37-955A-CADA73781B3...

How do I set up an incoming hyperlink to a page within a frame?

Combining pages
How do I combine two A4 pages of pictues in to a single publisher document? Alan wrote: > How do I combine two A4 pages of pictues in to a single publisher > document? ================================ Add a blank page to the target document. To add the second page...Select All / Copy / Paste. FWIW...you can open more than one instance of Publisher. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...