how do i create a formula to give a workday date?

I am trying to set up a worksheet the gives me a date during the work week
that is 5 work days, 10 workdays, etc from the date that is entered.

I also want the cells to result in TBD until the first date is input.

Here is an example of the formula I created that gives me TBD but not a
workday date.

=IF(H28>0,H28+14,"TBD")

Hi,

Try this

=IF(H28>0,WORKDAY(H28,14),"TBD")

Note the workday formula will take a third argument that is a range that
contains and holiday dates you want to exclude

=IF(H28>0,WORKDAY(H28,14,A1:A10),"TBD")

A1:a10 can contain holiday dates
--
Mike

question.

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:05:01 -0700, jjhacke <jjhacke@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I am trying to set up a worksheet the gives me a date during the work week
>that is 5 work days, 10 workdays, etc from the date that is entered.
>
>I also want the cells to result in TBD until the first date is input.
>
>Here is an example of the formula I created that gives me TBD but not a
>workday date.
>
>=IF(H28>0,H28+14,"TBD")

The question is whether you want the first workday after h28+14, or do you want
to add 14 workdays to h28.

If the former:

=IF(H28>0,workday(H28+13,1),"TBD")

If the latter:

=IF(H28>0,workday(H28,14),"TBD")

If you get a NAME error, see HELP for the WORKDAY function.
--ron
0
Ron

create a roster

Is there a formula to show $5,000,000 as $5M?
I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. Thanks. You could try something like this: =IF(RIGHT(A1,6)="000000",A1/1000000&"M",A1) unless someone has a better idea.... Sheila "ExcelHelp" wrote: > I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. > > Thanks. Another option: =TEXT(A1,"$ #,, ""M""") Another option would be to keep the value in the cell, and use a similar Custom format. -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "ExcelHelp" <...

Task Create - Status

Incorrect formula
Would appreciate help with my formula. I only want the 1 to be added to L28 and L29 if they have a value greater than 0. this formula produces 2 even if all the cells have nothing in them, but I need there to be nothing in the cell if no values are in any cells. If the value of every cell in the formula was 1 then my answer should be 14 but if cell L28 is 0 then the answer should be 12, and if neither L28 or L29 has a value then the answer should be 10, but because of the =1 in my formula I get an answer that is 12.(or 2 greater than I want if values are in other cells) Help appre...

Check to see if a formula is correct
I want to do something like this Sub Macro1() If Range("A1") =(=B1 + B2) Then ' This is a formula Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Select 'Has correct formula Selection.Copy Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas End If End Sub How do I do this? Hi Try Sub Macro1() If Range("A1").HasFormula Then Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Copy Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas Application.CutCopyMode = False ...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Second Request: change date for electronic payment
I am a new Money user....was with Quicken for 10+ years. I want to change the date of electronic payments in my register to be the same day that the payment is scheduled to be made. It looks as though the only thing that can be changed is the category. In Quicken you are able to change the date for electronic payments in the register without changing the actual day the bill is being paid. When this is done in Quicken you simply get a message telling you that the change will only occur in the register. I do not like the way Money assumes that it's a good idea to set the date about...

Create external database

Formula Bar Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi- <br><br>I have been having trouble with my formula bar. I have gone to &quot;view&quot; and selected the &quot;formatting pallet&quot; and &quot;formula bar&quot; options, but still it does not appear. What else do I need to do to make it show up? ...

How to create pie chart with %

Month End Date Ticks
Hello, In Excel 2003 I could use daily data starting on, say, 31 Dec 2005 and ending some years later for a line chart. If in the x-axis settings I selected both Major and Minor units to 3 Months with Base units as Days I would get ticks at each calender quarter end. In this example; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 30 Jun 2006, and so on. However, in Excel 2007 the axis switches over to start of month ticks; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 1 Jul 2006, and so on. Does anyone know what is going on with the date x-axis in Excel 2007? It seems to be a bug as I have tried all manner of settings an...

when form created

Formula Help Please #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3EA1F.730C0840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to add a new worksheet and need to copy the formulas from the old = one to the new one. How do I do this? Thanks Jim ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3EA1F.730C0840 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-T...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Date Format Goofiness
Just loaded Money 2004 Deluxe and imported my checking register from Money 2001 Standard. Everything came across fine but the date format changed to day-month-year from month-day-year or as an example what was 12 31 03 is now 31 12 03. I'd like to change the format back to American standards. Any ideas? I can't find any date format change options within Money and my Win XP (Home) settings are already correct. ...

Formula Modification
Folks: (IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"No Match","Match") Column A Column B Column C 25 50 No Match 30 30 Match 26 28 No Match 55 60 I am using the above formula to compare two columns (A and B) for overlapping (common) data then put the result ("Match" OR "No Match") in a third column. So far this formula has work...

Creating an ad book