how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mm/dd/yyyy

how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy

I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131)

I want them displayed as regular dates (ie 01/31/2010)

If it's a column of cells...

Select the column
Data|text to columns (in xl2003 menus)
choose fixed width, but don't have any delimiter lines
Choose Date (ymd)
This will convert the data to dates.

Now you can format the ranyge the way you like.

--

Dave Peterson
5

A1 cell
20100131

Paste this formula in B1 cell
=IF(A1="","",VALUE(MID(A1,5,2)&"/"&RIGHT(A1,2)&"/"&LEFT(A1,4)))

Place the  cursor in B1 cell and do Right Click>>Format
Cells>>Number>>Category>>Custom>>Type - paste the below format

mm/dd/yyyy

and Give Ok.

Change the formula cell reference A1 to your desired cell, if required

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Datahead" wrote:

> how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy
>
> I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131)
>
> I want them displayed as regular dates (ie 01/31/2010)

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Format cells #7

Odd date problem
I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using 2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was able to reproduce the error. Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable. Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the time until the Edit button has been clicked o...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Dates not correct
How do I get my DateDif output to reflect the correct 30 days in a month. Im getting 49 days, it should be pulled to the months and 19 days in days. 2 years, 11 months, 49 days See this for examples: http://cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Biff <belczyk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177357276.085439.98020@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > How do I get my DateDif output to reflect the correct 30 days in a > month. Im getting 49 days, it should be pulled to the months and 19 > days in days. > > > 2 years, 11 months, 49 days > ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Outbox displays Received Date
Need some help on this one. I'm using Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP machine and for some odd reason the Outbox now displays the "Received" date and the Inbox displays the "Sent" date. How do i correct this. It seems to be hidden in the PST file because when I login on a different machine it shows the same thing. Right click on the column headers and choose the "Field Chooser". Drag the field you want to see from the Field Chooser into the column headers area. Drag column headers you don't want to see away from the column headers. "Lee" ...

Invoice Due Date #2
Hello, I'm using Money Small Business 2006 and need some help. How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically use the date that the invoice is created on. All help appreciated. Thank you. > How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically > use the date that the invoice is created on. Below the Line Item table there is a link "To add or edit billing and shipping addresses, notes, or other information, go to the Invoice Details". Click that link and you can specify the Payment Terms. I don't see where to specify a cet...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Number of hrs worked in a week, based on dates in a different column
Hi. I'm hoping someone will give this a try. I'd like to enter a function into each cell in column D so that the total hours worked for the previous week appears each Sunday. For instance, cell D6 would display 11, the sum of C2:C6 (note this is a short week). Cell D20 would display 22.5, the sum of C7:C20. On some days, no work at all is performed, but on other days multiple tasks are performed. The only cells in column D that should display a value are the Sunday's... all other cells should display nothing. Thanks very much for your help!! Gregg. ...

Numbers converting to decimal

format of number keeps changing
I have an excel spreadsheet and in 2 of the columns i have a list of numbers, the format of the cells for each column are the same but on the second column when i type in a number and hit enter to go to the cell below it changes the digit at the end of the number to a zero, for example if i put in 12345 when i hit enter it changes to 12340, this doesnt happen on the column beside it even thought the formatting of the numbers for each cell in both columns is the same. Any ideas????? Is the number more like 1234567890123456 and it becomes 1234567890123450 ?? If so, you're ...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money