how do i average the 3 max numbers in a column?

Hi, i have a list of numbers in a column (not in any particular order) and i
would like to average the 3 max numbers and 3 min numbers. is there a
function that can do this?

Hi Mike

Try the below for average of max3 and min3

=AVERAGE(LARGE(A:A,{1,2,3}))

=AVERAGE(SMALL(A:A,{1,2,3}))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike" wrote:

> Hi, i have a list of numbers in a column (not in any particular order) and i
> would like to average the 3 max numbers and 3 min numbers. is there a
> function that can do this?

Averaging numbers but ignoring < and
I have a column of data as illustrated below than contains numbers, blank cells, dashes and < entries. Is it possible to average only the numbers ensuring that the divsor is the number of cells that contain number entreis rather than all cells containing an entry (eg for below example answer should be 0.137) 0.3 <0.001 0.01 <0.01 0.1 Thank you On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:29:03 -0800, KIM <KIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a column of data as illustrated below than contains numbers, blank >cells, dashes and < entries. Is it possible to average only ...

WinPE-WDS-Tools on WinPE 3
Hello, i made a WinPE media for capture images on my WDS (2008 R2) with WAIK for Seven & R2 with imagex, so i added "winpe-wds-tools.cab" (+langague .cab appropriate) to my WinPE image. but when i boot on my WinPE on a workstaions, and i do a "wdscapture" to run wdscapture.exe to the prompt , nothing append...wdscapture.exe is in system32, i checked, but looks something is missed to launch this program..that weird. It's like a windows appeard quickly and close immaediatly... Maybe i missed to add something on my WinPE ?? maybe wdscapture.exe need a p...

CLIPBOARD #3
Please.. how can I show the contents of the clipboard within the contents of the spreadsheet... a window which pops up within the boundaries of the spreadsheet... and NOT IN THE TASK PANE. You know what I mean...that small "horizontal" window which contains the copied 'cells' on the clipboard. Thanks, Larry Sorry I have no idea of what you are looking for, but one place to start might be Chip Pearson's page on the clipboard. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm Showing the contents of the clipboard is ambiguous. (text, HTML, Excel etc all have the...

Average of Averages
Another seemingly simple process which I can't figure. :) I have a list of averages, and I want to get the average of them. As such, A 1 25% 2 42% 3 100% 4 50% I need a formula to average something like the above. Thanks, Alan =AVERAGE(A1:A4) is one possible solution. Hope it helps. -- goober ------------------------------------------------------------------------ goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513937 Hi Alan It really depen...

Message Size Limits #3
We are having some problems sending and receiving emails from outside users that are large. What are the limits that Exchange 2003 has as a default value? How can you change this value to what you require? Thanks, Jeff Diaz MCP The defaults are 10mb. You can configure this under Global Settings, Message Delivery (properties), Defaults tab. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jeff" <jdiaz@p1fs.com> wrote in message news:NeQdd.23719$vZ5.11577@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > We are having some problems sending and receiving emails from outside > users that are large. >...

averaging less than values
How do I average a column of numbers where less than values are calculated as that number? 2 <2 3 4 <2 5 In the average I want the<2 to = 2. So the answer should be 3 -- JD Assuming source data as posted in A2:A7 Paste this in say, B2, then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to array-enter the formula: =AVERAGE(SUBSTITUTE(A2:A7,"<","")+0) Adapt the ranges to suit -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:17,500 Files:358 Subscribers:55 xdemechanik --- "JD" wrote: > How do I average ...

Custom fields showing as Number type in Crystal but Picklist in CRM
I've just installed Crystal Reports (9.2.2) and connected it to my CRM 1.2 database. I notice that custom fields I've added as Picklist type fields in CRM are appearing as Number type fields in Crystal, and therefore showing a number (eg 3) rather than the expected picklist item (eg 'Mobile'). Any ideas? Picklist values are stored in the StringMap table "Roger Strain" <roger@liquidthought.co.za> wrote in message news:4f36724f.0408191103.588694a5@posting.google.com... > I've just installed Crystal Reports (9.2.2) and connected it to my CRM > 1.2 da...

Cell Reference #3
In a workbook, is it possible to know all the cells where a particular cell is referenced in a calculation. Specifically, if I make a change in one cell, what are all the cells that will be affected. ...

Contacts #3
How do I get back to the contacts showing up in the email list in alpha by last name. I reformatted my hard drive and when I re-installed Office XP, the names came out alpha by first name, not last. I cannot find anything in Help to correct it. Try clicking on the "full name" field title. This should toggle between sorting by first name and by last name. Jennifer >-----Original Message----- >How do I get back to the contacts showing up in the email >list in alpha by last name. > >I reformatted my hard drive and when I re-installed >Office XP, the names c...

Averages
Hello again, I have an interesting situation. I basically inherited an older database that is used to enter dates, usage and charges for accounts. The situation is that we are attempting to do averages filtered by account, and averaged against the number of days that data has been entered. So, for example, we had 7 months of data entered, our query should total the number of days in the seven months (x), then average that with the total usage number (y). This data currently resides in the same table labeled "data" in the form of from and to dates (6/1/1999 to 7/1/1999) and usage (32...

Links #3
When I click on a link in a message all that happens is a window opens in Exploer. Thats it just the open window. ...

Exchange 2003 receiving mail from Netscape Messenger Server 3.6
My Exchange 2003 server seem to be having some issues receiving mails that are coming from a Netscape Messenger Server. We are currently migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and mailboxes on our 5.5 servers seem to get the messages fine, but when they hit our 2003 server they sit in the Local Delivery queue constantly retrying until they time out and the sender gets an NDR - "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified". What is even more odd though is we occasionally do recieve mails on the 2003 servers - the only thing I have noticed is that these few mails have an attachment...

Sum of column #2
Hi I have a worksheet containing 25 columns In the column A I have categories and the other columns B to Z represent periods Looks like this PLB 1 2 3 1 2 2 2 3 .................. ADD 3 4 2 4 1 5 6 4 .................. AVL 2 1 4 2 3 7 1 4 ................... PLB 2 3 2 1 5 2 4 3 ..................... I am looking for a formula that will add each columns for the same Categorie So the result for the categorie PLB should be 1+2+3+1+2+2+2+3 (first row) + 2+3+2+1+5+2+4+3 (last row) = total = 38 ADD = 29 AVL = 24 thanks for helping Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:...

Average Lead Time
Does anybody know if the average lead time in Item Vendor Maintenance counts weekends, or only business days? The average lead time is calcualted as follows: Enter the average number of days that pass between the time you place an order with this vendor and the time you receive the order. If you're using Purchase Order Processing, this field will be updated each time a shipment or shipment/invoice is posted in Purchase Order Processing. The average lead time is calculated using the following formula: [(Number of Receipts) * (Average Lead Time) + (Received Date - Ordered Date)] / (...

Excel Basic function #3
Domenic Sorry but when i use the formula for numbers it works but when i compares text in the first array it shows an error, any ideas? Thanks for any hel -- Lesoth ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lesotho's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1582 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27315 Lesotho Wrote: > Domenic > > Sorry but when i use the formula for numbers it works but when i > compares text in the first array it shows an error, any ideas? > > Thanks f...

Wininet #3
Hi, When using Wininet in synchronous mode, do I need to use a thread for my send request ? I'm not sure if you "need to", but I sure would since it would free your UI thread up to process update messages even while data is being moved. Tom "mosfet" <john.doe@anonymous.org> wrote in message news:462ccdbd$0$983$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > When using Wininet in synchronous mode, do I need to use a thread > for my send request ? I prefer using async operations whereever possible and the goal is .... not to block UI thread. For wininet you...

Margins #3
I am having difficulty with the print margins on my file. I have gone to the "arrange menu" and set the margins to zero. When I print or do a print preview, I can set anything I want on the left margin to the edge and have it print, but the right margin cuts it off at about .5. So, I can't put anything to the edge on the right margin. I have looked everywhere. I'm positive that the margins are set to zero. How do I fix this? This is a printer limitation. To eliminate the margin you will need to purchase a printer that will do this. -- Don Vancouver, USA &quo...

Excel Passwords #3
Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old employees spreadsheet that is password protected if I don't know the password (its on a MAC). Cheers, Dave Lookup 'Forget Excel Password in Google, you should find some clues there. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f90601c3f217$f9c85050$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old > employees spreadsheet...

Outlook Stationery #3
I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx What version of Outlook are you using? I think that each email account can have its own default signature. Have you checked out the Signatures dialog? "Rock" <rogerhancock@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:#$oBDnpHKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I use a number of email addresses via Outlook for different purposes. Is > there any way I can set up a default stationery for use with each ? Thx Stationery, no. Depen...

Tax update #3
Hello all, do we have to go around and install the tax updates on all workstations or just the server under SA. I went to one workstation and said it was already applied. We are using GP 10 SP 4 TIA Tax updates are divided into two portions: tax table updates and actual code to handle any particular processing. If the tax update you are trying to apply also includes code updates, you should apply it on all workstations. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogst...

Average Function
Hi group, I have a formula in a cell that takes the average Sales of the 12 rows (for Jan to Dec) like so: =Average(A1:A12)The problem is that for example, since therea are no sales figures from August to Dec, the average is underestimated because it averages it over the entire range of cells (though they are zero from Augus to Dec). How can I make this Average function to be smarter and only average those months that the sales is not zero (August to Dec is Not BLANK but its zero) Hi Average is a very simple thing: SUM/COUNT. So =SUM(A1:A12)/12 should do for all years with 12 mont...

Queues-Need to add Columns To View Email
By default our CRM Queues are able to view Title-Entered Queue-Type. I need to be able to add other columns to help sort through these emails. I would like to be able to see Time along with Date and to be able to sort emails together by Title/Subject. Please Help! Justin, Unfortunately, this is a limitation of Microsoft CRM. You are not able to modify the Queue views. The only supported solution I know of is an add-on from c360 call My Workplace that is part of the Service Productivity Pack. http://www.c360.com/MyWorkplace.aspx Michael Cross http://www.navint.com "JustinR&qu...

outlook reminder #3
My computer's default reminder is set at 15 minutes, it keeps changing the reminder to 18 hours. Is this a glitch in the program? Have you heard this before? This problem makes the reminder useless, HELP! The 18 hour reminder is the default for all day events. If you created an appointment that wasn't an all day event it should default to 15 minutes. Does it? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "eha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Database #3
Can the database size be enlarged? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ade2e775-23b2-4414-9e84-93b10ecf0120&dg=microsoft.public.pos It was doubled with the ...

averages
Hi All Trying to work out the best way to get an average answer based on a set of answers The answer will be 1 - 10 across a number of questions e.g B C D E F Answer Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 1 1 1 3 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 0 1 3 3 4 1 0 1 1 5 1 1 6 7 6 2 2 5 2 7 2 3 3 4 8 2 1 7 6 9 1 2 1 3 10 2 2 8 7 Total 13 13 38 38 Average ? ? ? ? What is the best way to get the average response to each question. i've tried =SUMPRODUCT($B$2:$B$11,C2:C11)/SUM(C2:C11) but not sure this is right....