Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need a Formula for the following:

Data Table
   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
2 Peter   A   W   3   H
3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70

Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.

Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a
formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding breaks
below.

Result Table
High Breaks
    A              B
   Name          Break
1                  84
2                  70

Appreciate the help.

see your other post

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need a Formula for the following:
>
> Data Table
>   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>
> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>
> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a
> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding
> breaks
> below.
>
> Result Table
> High Breaks
>    A              B
>   Name          Break
> 1                  84
> 2                  70
>
> Appreciate the help.

Corca,

You need to post this as a new message. When you add it to a thread that's a
month old, you won't get many viewers.

Regards,
Fred

"Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need a Formula for the following:
>
> Data Table
>   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>
> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>
> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a
> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding
> breaks
> below.
>
> Result Table
> High Breaks
>    A              B
>   Name          Break
> 1                  84
> 2                  70
>
> Appreciate the help.

0
Fred
2/19/2010 10:26:21 PM
Don't now how to search for the previous post as it dont have search critira
for name or date etc... only subject.

Can you help please.

"Corca" wrote:

> Need a Formula for the following:
>
> Data Table
>    A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>
> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>
> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a
> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding breaks
> below.
>
> Result Table
> High Breaks
>     A              B
>    Name          Break
> 1                  84
> 2                  70
>
> Appreciate the help.
Are you sure that the OP's message was added to an existing thread, Fred?
I can't see a References: or In-Reply-To: line in the headers of that
message.
Might it not be that your newsreader software has attached the new thread to
the old one just because it happens to have the same title?  OE does the
same, but it's an error in OE.
--
David Biddulph

Fred Smith wrote:
> Corca,
>
> You need to post this as a new message. When you add it to a thread
> that's a month old, you won't get many viewers.
>
> Regards,
> Fred
>
> "Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Need a Formula for the following:
>>
>> Data Table
>>   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
>> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
>> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
>> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>>
>> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>>
>> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for
>> high breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large
>> function. I need a formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name
>> for the corresponding breaks
>> below.
>>
>> Result Table
>> High Breaks
>>    A              B
>>   Name          Break
>> 1                  84
>> 2                  70
>>
>> Appreciate the help.

0
David
2/19/2010 11:10:00 PM
Here's your other post:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&p=1&tid=1380403f-7799-46aa-af83-23c1ed9908af

--

> Don't now how to search for the previous post as it dont have search
> critira
> for name or date etc... only subject.
>
> Can you help please.
>
> "Corca" wrote:
>
>> Need a Formula for the following:
>>
>> Data Table
>>    A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
>> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
>> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
>> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>>
>> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>>
>> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
>> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need
>> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding
>> breaks
>> below.
>>
>> Result Table
>> High Breaks
>>     A              B
>>    Name          Break
>> 1                  84
>> 2                  70
>>
>> Appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Just a comment when I search for Corca (so I can find all my post it does
not return all of them. I could not find this post. thanks again.

"T. Valko" wrote:

> Here's your other post:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&p=1&tid=1380403f-7799-46aa-af83-23c1ed9908af
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Don't now how to search for the previous post as it dont have search
> > critira
> > for name or date etc... only subject.
> >
> > Can you help please.
> >
> > "Corca" wrote:
> >
> >> Need a Formula for the following:
> >>
> >> Data Table
> >>    A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
> >> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
> >> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
> >> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
> >>
> >> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
> >>
> >> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
> >> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need
> >> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding
> >> breaks
> >> below.
> >>
> >> Result Table
> >> High Breaks
> >>     A              B
> >>    Name          Break
> >> 1                  84
> >> 2                  70
> >>
> >> Appreciate the help.
>

> .

Thanks for pointing that out, David. I'm using Windows Mail, rather than OE,
but it's not surprising the problems are the same. I'll know from now on
that it's WM screwing up the threads, not the OP.

Fred

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk> wrote in message
> Are you sure that the OP's message was added to an existing thread, Fred?
> I can't see a References: or In-Reply-To: line in the headers of that
> message.
> Might it not be that your newsreader software has attached the new thread
> to the old one just because it happens to have the same title?  OE does
> the same, but it's an error in OE.
> --
> David Biddulph
>

> Fred Smith wrote:
>> Corca,
>>
>> You need to post this as a new message. When you add it to a thread
>> that's a month old, you won't get many viewers.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fred
>>
>> "Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Need a Formula for the following:
>>>
>>> Data Table
>>>   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
>>> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
>>> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
>>> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>>>
>>> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>>>
>>> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for
>>> high breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large
>>> function. I need a formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name
>>> for the corresponding breaks
>>> below.
>>>
>>> Result Table
>>> High Breaks
>>>    A              B
>>>   Name          Break
>>> 1                  84
>>> 2                  70
>>>
>>> Appreciate the help.

0
Fred

Excel Startup Error
When I click on a excel document the computer hangs for about 2 seconds, then opens excel with no document displayed. If I first ope excel (click on the .exe) and then open a dcoument, no problem. I als have the same issue with Word. Have tried repairing Office installation, removing and reinstallin excell, deleted all .xla files - nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View ...

Formula Bar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I add the formula bar to the standard toolbars at the top of the application versus having it just &quot;float&quot; above the spreadsheet when I want to view it. Cannot be done. -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <Kenner@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bb0246.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > How can I add the formula bar to the standard toolbars at the top of the > applicat...

Sorting and Grouping 01-26-10
I have a report where I am grouping by two fields that are a Yes/No. It splits them on the report fine. However, I want to add a Header for each of the splits to reflect what they are: One is Board of Directors and the other is Participant's Council. I can't seem to add a Header that goes for that group. It shows both names in both areas. Help!! Thanks What happens if a person is on the board and council? Can you share the field names and exact expressions you use for sorting and grouping? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "srctr" wrote: &...

Formula for ageing debt
I'm trying to do a spreadsheet so that when I put a debt amount in the first column, after 10 days it will automatically move to the next column and move on every 10 days till a 60 days column where it gets added to any amount already there. Can anyone clue me up to a formula to do this? Thanks -- Barnie Gumble Esq You will have to devise a way to associate the date of initial entr with the entry itself, then it is relatively simple to do - could yo have a lookup table on a separate sheet that returned entry dates fo all amounts, BUT the amounts would have to be unique, ie n duplica...

need some basic help
I have a basic daily sales sheet that has a number value in column one for the day of the month from 1 to 31, column 2 has the daily sales that I put in manually and column 3 has the total sales for the month =SUM(B2+C1). At the bottom on row 31 I calculate daily average sales with a basic =C3/C1 and I have to change on a daily basis by hand... all extremely basic stuff. But I'm looking for a way to calculate the daily average sales automatically as I put in the daily sales each day without having to edit the row 31 formula every day. I tried googling for daily average sales but th...

Help
I've come across waterfall charts (and read the various postings on this forum, and the links to sites that tell you how to make them in excel) So far so good. The charts are great for clearly showing a single change (either a plus or a minus), and cope with occasions where plusses and minuses are shown on the same column (the next column starts in the right place). What they don't show in those circumstances is the aggregate value (i.e. plus 3000, minus 2000, aggregate is 1000 (3000-2000!), so would ideally show as 1000 greater than the invisible. Hope this makes sense. Any ...

Numbering a list of calculated Rows.......Advice Please
Can anyone advise me how to number the first column of my worksheet. I want the number to automatically increment when I enter the first cell of following row. I do not want this number to be entered manually. I need to be able to delete rows randomly and for the the row numbers to automatically renumber in numerical order with no numerical gaps. For example if I have a column 1,2,3,4,5, and delete 3, I would like the column to automatically renumber as 1234 and not 1,2,4,5. I hope I have explained myself correctly. I have a copy of Excel 2002 InsideOut, but can't find a method to do ...

error installing Analysis Cubes for dynamics GP 10 on seperate ser
hi, We try to install Analysis cubes for Dynamics GP 10 (SQL server 2005) on a separate Server Scenario. We installed all software required as described in the installation guide on both the server (Microsoft Dynamics GP Server & Analysis Cubes Server). When we start the setup on the "Analysis Cube Server", we got the error GP clients tools or server tools should be installed, we installed GP. After Installing GP, setup started and we finished the installation Process of Analysis Cubes for Dynamics. And we started the Analysis Cubes for Dynamics GP Configuration Wizard...

Formula #18
Excel 2003 - How do I set up a formula for the following: I wish to have a running total of a $ amount brought forward in a column, starting cell J3, followed by an additional amounts in G4+G5+G6-H7+G8 +G9-H10 etc. J4 would then show J3 plus G4 and so on with a final total showing at J10. I hope this makes sense. Hi Learner, I'm new at this myself, but I was just doing the same thing the other day. What I did, adjusted to your example, with a starting amount ($10.00) in J3, enter the following formula in J4 (without the quotes): "=$J3+G4-H4" (assuming that column H i...

Help Urgent
Is There is Any Way To Block LAN User Attachment restriction On 30 Jun 2005 03:30:15 -0700, shabbir550@gmail.com wrote: >Is There is Any Way To Block LAN User Attachment restriction Describe that again? On Exchange you can't block attachments or attachment types. If you want to do that then you can configure the client not to allow certain attachment types to be opened. Can you please help me how to do so . Thanks in advance I Want The Internal User Not To Send / Receive Attachment Mails Like Zip , Mp3 Etc . we Had blocked the same in our firewall gateway . Externally It is bl...

formulas not calculating
I work in Excel 2002. As of today, my simple formulas have stop working. ie, =D1-C1. I have to hit F9 every time I want the formula to calculate. I don't know if I turned something off or what. Thanks in advance of any help cindy Cindy Tools>Options>Calculation. Set to "Automatic". If you're wondering how it got switched to "manual"...... Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first workbook opened in that session. i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc mode would be in Manua...

HELP: Display search results in footer section in a split form
Hi All, I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ Details Section. How can I display results in the footer section? Is there a way to do it? Basically I just want to display results below the search criteria and not in a new tab or window. Hope I made it clear Thanks in advance If you want Quick & Dirty, create a textBox in the Footer and just fill it programmatically at execution-time. "sam" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ > Details Section. How can ...

Formula on Actual Vs Plan
Hi Friends! Could some help me on this formula? I need to complete a task say from 1-Jun-05 to 30-Jun-05 i.e 30 days, but however on a given day when I analyse the Project schedule (say today), I find out that on the 9th day i.e 9-Jun-05 on actual progress I have completed only 4% of the Job, Hence what should be my forecasted days to complete the job a 100% in actual, now putting it in a mathematical sense: 100% = 30days (Plan) 4% = 9days (Actual & when the plan is 30%) Hence 96% = ? (How may days in Forecast) I want the formula to be dynam...

help with data collection!
Hello all! Here is a c/p of partial of my post from the other forum. Any and all help is greatly appriceated guys! Thanks! So I have this list that has product numbers in column A, product prices in column B, and order number for the products in column C ... most products have more than once instance.. for example col a col b col c producta 10.99 345353 producta 11.99 3445453 producta 10.99 657567 producta 8.99 345353 producta 10.99 5464646 so what I'm trying to do now is , when i type in the product number(products are alphanumeric w/ no spaces - the a...

if formula? 11-19-09
Hello, In A1 I will have one of the following number: 0, 1, or 2, which represents the number of clients lost. In cell B1 I have the text "0 Clients lost" In Cell B2 I have the text "1 Clients lost" In Cell B3 I have the text "2 Clients lost" In C1 I have $800 (which goes with B1) In C2 I have $300 (which goes with B2) In C3 I have $0 (which goes with B2) In D1, I would like to return the value of the above. For example if "0" is selected in A1, then D1 will return $800. Thanks for the help. Jim hi try this..... =IF(A1=0, C1,...

How do I remove a Bin from a Inventory Item. GP 10
Over the course of a couple of years our inventory department has attached bins to Inventory Items that are not in that bin. Now we have hundreds of items with multiple bins locations attached to them that shouldn't be. Is there a way to remove the bin from the item? It seems it should be a easy thing to do. I just cant find it. Submitted via EggHeadCafe Twitter Search API with jQuery and JSONP http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/94d7bda5-c477-4ff9-b71d-e24e5fc70c24/twitter-search-api-with-jquery-and-jsonp.aspx ...

Merging Account Records 12-19-03
I have a client who would like to merge account records together with all of the history into one record. Has anyone developed a utility to do this and ready for resale? Hi Deb, when you say merge, how are you thinking of storing/viewing this merged data? A report? On a printout? On a custom form? Showing all the history data summarized in a memo field? Mike "Deb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000301c3c64a$1870a1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client who would like to merge account records > together with all of the history into ...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...

Help recording a reverse stock split
A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. Microsoft money does not have an option for this. Does anybody have a work around for this problem. In microsoft.public.money, mncpastud wrote: >A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. > >Microsoft money does not have an option for this. > >Does anybody have a work around for this problem. For a regular split, you might do a 2 for 1 split. For a reverse split, do a 1 for 10 split, or whatever the split is. The problem with the reverse split is the first number: it is .1429 for 1. The first number has to be a ...

Need help with Outllook Laptop client install error
Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". Any help with problem would very much be appreciated. Bob At what point in the installation does it fail? Was SQL Express installed before the CRM client? -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Bob" wrote: > Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express > Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". > > Any help with problem would very much be apprec...

Help with Formula, returns #NAME!
Hello, I am trying to get this formula to work. =SUM(IF(D5,VALUE<"4/1/07", E5,+ SUM(IF(F5,VALUE<"4/1/07",G5)))) Thanks bp Try: =SUM(IF(D5<DATEVALUE("4/1/07"),E5)+SUM(IF(F5<DATEVALUE("4/1/07"),G5))) Jim May "bp" wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to get this formula to work. > =SUM(IF(D5,VALUE<"4/1/07", E5,+ SUM(IF(F5,VALUE<"4/1/07",G5)))) > > Thanks > bp > > > Hello Jim, Thanks, it worked well. Could you adjust the following formula to accomodate a DATE RANGE. example d...

Formula display errors
I recently posted a query regarding a spreadsheet which displayed "#N/A" in error from a reference to a worksheet in another spreadsheet - but only when the source spreadsheet wasn't open. Suffice to say the formula is a straight =(a cell in another worksheet in another spreadsheet) which works OK in other cells. The formats in the source worksheet were copied down but the error persisted in only the one cell. Formats in both the source and target cells were copied down again resulting in the error persisting in only the one cell. I found that the problem resolved by d...

Pivot table
Can I develop a formula that I can add to those which you pick from whe using the wizard ie sum, average, min, max etc Specifically, I want to add an IF statement to give me a 'flag' i which to summarize the data with elsewhere. The data behind the pivo changes (sales data) and I am trying to flag new customers that hav never worked with us before.....once they have traded with us then the dissappear as they are now an old customer To -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no you can't do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Can I develop a for...

Help JPEG's wont load
I have Publisher 97 I'm having problems importing jpegs. Some will load others say I'm missing converters for the JPEG files. Hi Robert (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 97 I'm having problems importing jpegs. || Some will load others say I'm missing converters for the || JPEG files. You may have a corrupt jpg filter. Find your jpg filter, and rename it then reinstall Publisher. The filter name is: Jpegim32.flt Rename this to: Jpegim32.old Then reinstall Publisher and their filters. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Pu...

Outlook 2003 Problem-Need immediate help
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2003 and XP for many years. For last two days I am facing huge problem with Outlook as it does not download new message and when I click send/receive the CPU usage surges to 100%. I tried safe mode etc but it does not work. I shall highly appreciate immediate advice to solve this problem. Thanx Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details s...