Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need a Formula for the following:

Data Table
   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
2 Peter   A   W   3   H
3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70

Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.

Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a
formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding breaks
below.

Result Table
High Breaks
    A              B
   Name          Break
1                  84
2                  70

Appreciate the help.

see your other post

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need a Formula for the following:
>
> Data Table
>   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>
> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>
> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a
> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding
> breaks
> below.
>
> Result Table
> High Breaks
>    A              B
>   Name          Break
> 1                  84
> 2                  70
>
> Appreciate the help.

Corca,

You need to post this as a new message. When you add it to a thread that's a
month old, you won't get many viewers.

Regards,
Fred

"Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need a Formula for the following:
>
> Data Table
>   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>
> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>
> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a
> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding
> breaks
> below.
>
> Result Table
> High Breaks
>    A              B
>   Name          Break
> 1                  84
> 2                  70
>
> Appreciate the help.

0
Fred
2/19/2010 10:26:21 PM
Don't now how to search for the previous post as it dont have search critira
for name or date etc... only subject.

Can you help please.

"Corca" wrote:

> Need a Formula for the following:
>
> Data Table
>    A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>
> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>
> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need a
> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding breaks
> below.
>
> Result Table
> High Breaks
>     A              B
>    Name          Break
> 1                  84
> 2                  70
>
> Appreciate the help.
Are you sure that the OP's message was added to an existing thread, Fred?
I can't see a References: or In-Reply-To: line in the headers of that
message.
Might it not be that your newsreader software has attached the new thread to
the old one just because it happens to have the same title?  OE does the
same, but it's an error in OE.
--
David Biddulph

Fred Smith wrote:
> Corca,
>
> You need to post this as a new message. When you add it to a thread
> that's a month old, you won't get many viewers.
>
> Regards,
> Fred
>
> "Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Need a Formula for the following:
>>
>> Data Table
>>   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
>> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
>> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
>> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>>
>> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>>
>> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for
>> high breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large
>> function. I need a formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name
>> for the corresponding breaks
>> below.
>>
>> Result Table
>> High Breaks
>>    A              B
>>   Name          Break
>> 1                  84
>> 2                  70
>>
>> Appreciate the help.

0
David
2/19/2010 11:10:00 PM
Here's your other post:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&p=1&tid=1380403f-7799-46aa-af83-23c1ed9908af

--

> Don't now how to search for the previous post as it dont have search
> critira
> for name or date etc... only subject.
>
> Can you help please.
>
> "Corca" wrote:
>
>> Need a Formula for the following:
>>
>> Data Table
>>    A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
>> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
>> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
>> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>>
>> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>>
>> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
>> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need
>> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding
>> breaks
>> below.
>>
>> Result Table
>> High Breaks
>>     A              B
>>    Name          Break
>> 1                  84
>> 2                  70
>>
>> Appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Just a comment when I search for Corca (so I can find all my post it does
not return all of them. I could not find this post. thanks again.

"T. Valko" wrote:

> Here's your other post:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&p=1&tid=1380403f-7799-46aa-af83-23c1ed9908af
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Don't now how to search for the previous post as it dont have search
> > critira
> > for name or date etc... only subject.
> >
> > Can you help please.
> >
> > "Corca" wrote:
> >
> >> Need a Formula for the following:
> >>
> >> Data Table
> >>    A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
> >> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
> >> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
> >> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
> >>
> >> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
> >>
> >> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for high
> >> breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large function. I need
> >> formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name for the corresponding
> >> breaks
> >> below.
> >>
> >> Result Table
> >> High Breaks
> >>     A              B
> >>    Name          Break
> >> 1                  84
> >> 2                  70
> >>
> >> Appreciate the help.
>

> .

Thanks for pointing that out, David. I'm using Windows Mail, rather than OE,
but it's not surprising the problems are the same. I'll know from now on
that it's WM screwing up the threads, not the OP.

Fred

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk> wrote in message
> Are you sure that the OP's message was added to an existing thread, Fred?
> I can't see a References: or In-Reply-To: line in the headers of that
> message.
> Might it not be that your newsreader software has attached the new thread
> to the old one just because it happens to have the same title?  OE does
> the same, but it's an error in OE.
> --
> David Biddulph
>

> Fred Smith wrote:
>> Corca,
>>
>> You need to post this as a new message. When you add it to a thread
>> that's a month old, you won't get many viewers.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fred
>>
>> "Corca" <Corca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Need a Formula for the following:
>>>
>>> Data Table
>>>   A      B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I
>>> 1 Tom     A   W   2   H       30  84  30
>>> 2 Peter   A   W   3   H
>>> 3 Nick    B   L   1   A           70
>>>
>>> Columns F1:I3 from Data Table has break scores for each player.
>>>
>>> Below is the Result Table where I need to show a summary report for
>>> high breaks. I have no problem with Break as I use the Large
>>> function. I need a formula to insert in A1 and A2 to place the name
>>> for the corresponding breaks
>>> below.
>>>
>>> Result Table
>>> High Breaks
>>>    A              B
>>>   Name          Break
>>> 1                  84
>>> 2                  70
>>>
>>> Appreciate the help.

0
Fred

sumifs help

hide formula in cells till data is available for calc
I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it until data becomes available to complete the calculation. This way you don't have a series of #value# in the work sheet. The formula contains an absolute reference as well. Thanks, Kiwi A look at your formula would have been nice. =IF(cellref="","",do something) traps for cellref having no data. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 15:02:01 -0700, kiwi <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it u...

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Visual Studio Tools for Dynamics GP 10.0
Hi, Is the latest release of Visual Studio Tools for Dynamics GP 10.0, compatible with Visual Studio 2008? -- Regards, Vaidy The latest version of Visual Studio Tools shipped with the GP 10.0 Feature Pack. That version is compatible with Visual Studio 2008. Projects created with earlier versions of Visual Studo Tools can be upgraded to work with VS 2008. However, to install the VS Tools templates into Visual Studio 2008, you must be using the VS Tools version that shipped with the 10.0 Feature Pack. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...

Help -- Help -- Help
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble with Outlook. I understand the other Microsoft programs, but for some reason I can't get Outlook. Does anyone know of any books that really breakdown the concepts of Outlook? Thank you. Donald Donald8044 wrote: > Hi, > > I am having a lot of trouble with Outlook. > > I understand the other Microsoft programs, but for some reason I > can't get Outlook. > > Does anyone know of any books that really breakdown the concepts of > Outlook? > > Thank you. > > Donald Umm what exactly do you mean - "but for some...