get an average of 3 cells, if they all have numbers, in excel.

In excel I need to average 3 cells, only if they all contain a number.
and if they don't contain a number, don't display an error.

"rudyjudy" <rudyjudy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> In excel I need to average 3 cells, only if they all contain a number.
> and if they don't contain a number, don't display an error.

=IF(COUNT(A1,B2,C3)=3, AVERAGE(A1,B2,C3), "")

Unfortunately, you will not see this response unless you use a different NG
interface, e.g. Google Groups or a newsreader that access the MSnews server,
msnews.microsoft.com.  There is a problem with the MSDG web interface, which
has not been fixed for over 22 hours now.

0
Joe
1/10/2010 9:33:46 AM
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 01:25:01 -0800, rudyjudy
<rudyjudy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In excel I need to average 3 cells, only if they all contain a number.
>and if they don't contain a number, don't display an error.

 Highlight the three cells and look down at the bottom of the worksheet
window at the status bar.  The average is displayed.
0
CellShocked

Number format issue Access 2007
Access 2007. I've created a database with a number input and I'm getting the following errors. I've formatted a field as Number Field Size: Single Format: Currency Decimal Places: 0 I'm getting the following results Input 2,065,000,000 but it's rounding it to 2,064,999,936 Input 2,682,000,000 but getting rounded to 2,681,999,872 Any ideas on the reason for this? Do I have that field formatted properly? You help is GREATLY appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ Single is a floating point type. Accuracy is only 7 or 8 significant digits. More info: ...

Combining cells
Using Excel 2002: I will open a text file into excel. This file has no formatting, but the end result would be using two columns. The text file for example has: Music1 from site1 and site2 special 90876 Music100 extra from site1 87654 Music02 misc sites 10020 I want to put the numbers, 90876, 87654, 65409 in the same column "B" and have the other text combined into one column "A". When I use space delimited I can move the numbers in the same column. How do I combine the rest of the text which are word for word in columns A,B,C,D etc into one column "A"? End...

Average If Question #2
We are trying to average the numbers in one column only if they equal any or all of 6 different numbers from a different column (7474, 7921, 8612, 9011, 3945, 2209). We are using this formula, but it seems to be giving us slightly different numbers than if we just pulled the numbers together through sorting and took the average. =AVERAGE(IF(B1:B9={7474, 7921, 8612, 9011, 3945, 2209},C1:C9,FALSE)) Try: =AVERAGE(IF(B1:B9={7474,7921,8612,9011,3945,2209},C1:C9)) Array-entered, meaning press ctrl + shift + enter. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >We are trying to ...

Borders #3
Where can I find borders with rounded or cut-out corners? http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/results.aspx?lc=en-us&Scope=MC%2CMM%2CMP%2CMS&Query=borders In Autoshapes, there is a rounded border. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Toronto Tilly" <Toronto Tilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AF40AB1-5D80-469A-9B66-26E5558AEBD3@microsoft.com... > Where can I find borders with rounded or cut-out corners? ...

Automatic Numbering Rows
Hi all... Can't find how do to this using Excel 2003... I want to be able to have Excel automatically number rows (in the first column) that have text on them...but skip numbering rows without...and adjust the numbering if new rows get added in later. (I guess something similar to Bullets and Numbering in Word). Here's an example of what I want if I'm not making myself clear... 1. Text Here 2. Text Here 3. Text Here (Empty row...no text) 4. Text Here 5. Text Here (Empty row...no text) 6. Text Here etc.. Then...let's say...at a later date...I inserted a new row under...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Copy row2 cells down to last cell where the whole row isn't all blank
Hi Colo, I tried to run your code to copy formula in cell K2 (I place the cursor on cell K2) down to last cell in column K, it doesn't copy down the formula. Is there anything missing from the code ? Please help and thanks very much! Sub Cell2CopyToEnd() Dim col As Long col = ActiveCell.column Range(Cells(2, col), Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)).Formula = _ Cells(2, col).Formula End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I put a value in K99 (so the macro knew when to quit) and I put a formula in K2. With K2 selected, I ran the code and it worked fine. The co...

A Crystal Beginner

Matching number formats
I am using an INDEX/MATCH formula and do get a "VALUE NOT AVAILABLE" response. Both ranges have a "General" format. A [Copy][Paste Special][Formats] does not make the formats match. How can I make them respond to each other? On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:36:09 -0700, "raystub" <raystub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using an INDEX/MATCH formula and do get a "VALUE NOT AVAILABLE" >response. Both ranges have a "General" format. A [Copy][Paste >Special][Formats] does not make the formats match. How can I make them >resp...

Duplicate cells #4
I have an excel spreadsheet of approximately 1500 Names,addressses etc. there are many duplicate cells of which I want to delete the duplicates and I am looking for the best way to accomplish this. I am new to excel and using formulas but if there is a way to use color to point out the duplicates, that would be very helpfull, thanks You could try to use Advanced Filter to get rid of the duplicates. Ensure that you have headers in row 1 (Name, Address_1, Address_2 etc) and highlight all the data including the headers. Then click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter and in the pop up click Un...

Printing Issue #3
I am trying to make an invitation using publisher 2003. I am required to use a couple of photo's I have got of the school's website but they don't print. Normal clip art images will print but my pictures of the internet won't. I have tried saving them to the computer then using them and also copying and pasting and neither works. I also thought it might be because they were from the net so I used the orignals of a cd and it still did not print. They are being used as an image behind text but even without text over the top they still fail to print. The advance print...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Clear Contants w/o effecting formulas #3
Myrna, Thanks a bunch. Craig -- cparsons ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12867 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268473 ...

Support #3
Can anyone (please) suggest another form of support for Money other than this forum? I have posted two inquiries this week without response. I see the "regulars"/MVP's answering posts all around my issues, but I must be asking the wrong questions or presenting them incorrectly...at any rate I am seeking acknowledgment/assistance. Thanks, -- Ron In microsoft.public.money, Ron wrote: >Can anyone (please) suggest another form of support for Money other than this >forum? I have posted two inquiries this week without response. > >I see the "regulars&quo...

Blank Pages in Benefit Self Service in Bus Portal 3
We have installed the Microsoft version of Benefit Self Service on BP 3 for GP 9. When we go to the setup windows on the HR center or try to access the existing benefits or open enrollment pages, we get the header data at the top but the page is blank. Has anybody encountered and, hopefully, solved this issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

Customizing marketing list view in 3.0
I have created a marketing list in CRM 3.0 (member type: contact) but the marketing list member view only gives me the name, business phone, and city. I need to add fields including the company name or this list is completely useless. The customization options I found only allows changes to the view that contains the list of marketing lists, not the member list. How do I add fields to this view? I have a similar problem and tried to change views on contacts and accounts - associated view and it did not change the mkt members view - looking for help as well. "jjohnson" w...

outgoing mail #3
Hi There, I'm having problems with outgoing mail. It does not send out the email and errors out saying "cannot establish connection". Incoming mail is fine. Please help! Mani ...