formula/version 2007

help with time sheet formula
time in/time out/time in/time out/time in/time out
can use as much as 3 ins and outs per day
8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, this should equal 7 hours worked;
what if a person enters
8:25 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm,  round to nearest quarter hour
this still should be 7 hours;
or 8:22 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearst quarter hour
this should be 7.25, not (15min.)
basicly it needs to round both ways to nearest quarter hour no matter what
time they enter.

The basic formula would be:

=ROUND((end-start)*24/0.25,0)*0.25

If there are multiple start/end times:

=ROUND(SUM(end1-start1,end2-start2)*24/0.25,0)*0.25

Format as General or Number

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JackyP" <JackyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> help with time sheet formula
> time in/time out/time in/time out/time in/time out
> can use as much as 3 ins and outs per day
> 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, this should equal 7 hours
> worked;
> what if a person enters
> 8:25 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm,  round to nearest quarter hour
> this still should be 7 hours;
> or 8:22 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearst quarter
> hour
> this should be 7.25, not (15min.)
> basicly it needs to round both ways to nearest quarter hour no matter what
> time they enter.

Hi there.
The formula below rounds the difference between B2 (out) and A2 (in) to the
nearest quarter. I guess you can adapt it to your demand:

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(B2),ISBLANK(A2)),0,TIME(TRUNC((B2-A2)*24,0),VLOOKUP(((B2-A2)*24-D2)*60,{0,0;7.5,15;15,15;22.5,30;30,30;37.5,45;45,45;52.5,60;60,60},2,TRUE),0))

Regards,
Otávio

"JackyP" wrote:

> help with time sheet formula
> time in/time out/time in/time out/time in/time out
> can use as much as 3 ins and outs per day
> 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, this should equal 7 hours worked;
> what if a person enters
> 8:25 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm,  round to nearest quarter hour
> this still should be 7 hours;
> or 8:22 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, round to nearst quarter hour
> this should be 7.25, not (15min.)
> basicly it needs to round both ways to nearest quarter hour no matter what
> time they enter.

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Two version of Publisher on same box ?
I recently acquired a new computer. I have Office 2003 with SP1 and it includes Publisher 2003. Our church newsletter is created using Pub 2003. I tried to convert our church newsletter to web site format ( so that the newsletter can be posted to the web ) using the native tools of Pub 2003. I observed that the result is viewed fine in IE, but the result is pretty bad when using netscape 7.x or Firefox 1.0. ( I did review a lot of posts from this forum, and tried the suggestions of 'no vml' and 'no png', but it did not help. ) So, given that it appears that I can't change ...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

MFC .exe gets access violation exception in release version but not debug
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have an MFC .exe that gets an access violation (C0000005) exception in the release version but not the debug version. So I don't know what line of code causes it. But why should they act differently in this way at all? The exception occurs when a tab on a property sheet is being clicked. The only output in the debug screen when the tab is being clicked is "Warning: skipping non-radio button in group." Would that cause it? Does tab order determine groups along with the tab stop property? What are reasons why MFC code would get an access ...

Weekday formula

Count formula within a named range.

Office 2003 and 2007 on same computer
After installing Office 2003 on my new Windows 7 computer I also installed Office 2007. There is now no sign of Office 2003 on the computer although all of document files are there. I believe I can run both if I set up a seperate user for each, but is there a good way to run both with the same user? -- Larry "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66EF1DC1-E484-48BA-BB20-3D99C59535E1@microsoft.com... > After installing Office 2003 on my new Windows 7 computer I also installed > Office 2007. There is now no sign of Office 2003...

Formula to return a formula

RMS Version 3.0
Hi, is there any news about RMS Version 3.0? I can't find any information about a release date. Thanks, Timo I remember when participating in the 1.3 web cast MS also outlined the next version timelines. At that time release 3.0 was scheduled for the first quarter of 2008. Well, the quarter has come and gone and no word about 3.0. Nothing from my reseller either nor from the beta team (I had volunteered to become a beta tester). I just see my maintenance dollars wasted yet again for not getting anything for it. Here we have a product that is supposed to be better then the competi...

Including a formula in a path name.

how do I sync outlook 2007 beta with my pda
I have just set up outlook 2007 beta and am having difficulty synchronising my calendar, contacts and tasks from by pda to the new program Ask your PDA maker if it is compatible with Office 2007. And then repost in a group for your sync software - either microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync or a Palm group if using a Palm device. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ralph Alliston asked: | I have just set up outloo...

FORMULA #14

Outlook 2007 spell check not working
The spell check for a co-worker isn't working in outlook, it does in Word and it isn't due to the signature. Had heard/read about RegEdit, but not sure what to edit. Any guidance would be helpful. Define 'doesn't work' - does F7 bring up spell check? See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#3 for the registry key to remove. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

how do you turn off live maps in outlook 2007?
I am a little annoyed with the start up on Outlook, it keeps telling me that there is a need for live maps update and that some of my function are reduced, then when I tell it to go ahead it tells me that I need to close outlook. How do I resolve this? Either uninstall the Live Maps addin that you installed or update it to the latest version. http://outlook.maps.live.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real Wor...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Outlook 2007: How many Rules?
Hello, Where can I find info on the number of Rules Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 support? I entered a new Rule today; and wanted it to be client-only, but alas! I received an error: "One or more rules cannot be uploaded to Microsoft Exchange and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported, or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." The (new) rule is a simple "From x or y person, move message to this folder" rule, and it is one of 25 rules for my profile, 20 of which are client-based. Any he...

Lock in formulas
I have a worksheet that I use over-and-over again. It has several columns of data, and some of the columns have long and hard to remember formulas to total the columns. I usually delete the numbers in the columns after I print out the worksheet, leaving the formulas intact at the bottom of the columns. Being human, I occasionally goof and delete the sum formulas too. Is there a way that I can lock the formula cell at the bottom of the column so that I don't accidentally delete it? Thanks in advance, Malcolm A two step process a) select the cell that you DO want the user ...