Formula refers to empty cells even when cells contains data

I have a worksheet with link to external data source. The option is enabled
to ask me to enable auto refresh or disable auto refresh.

I have used 'Sumif' and 'vlookup' function to calculate certain values. Now,
even when the data is available in cells, the error checking option shows me
a little green flag with error as 'Formula refers to empty cells'.

I do not understand why the error is coming.

There is another problem in the worksheet that is even when i disable auto
refresh i still change my values that was there when i saved the worksheet
last time though the worksheets that receive data from datasource do not
refresh.

Please help as all my data sheets are going heywire.

It is most likely due to a formatting error.  The item you are looking up is
not able to be read in the format you are currently in.  Try clicking on the
green flag, click the exclamation point, and try changing the cell to number.

"Monica Rustogi" wrote:

> I have a worksheet with link to external data source. The option is enabled
> to ask me to enable auto refresh or disable auto refresh.
>
> I have used 'Sumif' and 'vlookup' function to calculate certain values. Now,
> even when the data is available in cells, the error checking option shows me
> a little green flag with error as 'Formula refers to empty cells'.
>
> I do not understand why the error is coming.
>
> There is another problem in the worksheet that is even when i disable auto
> refresh i still change my values that was there when i saved the worksheet
> last time though the worksheets that receive data from datasource do not
> refresh.
>
> Please help as all my data sheets are going heywire.

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Data Migration Problem 01-14-05
Hello, i had just read the data migration frameworkguide, and i'm trying to migrate data into the crm database. But i have not the same entries in my cdf_Account_info table, but data is in cdf_Account table present. What is working wrong?? log files are correct. I hope someone can help me! ali Hi Ali, This sometimes happens if the triggers on the cdf_Account table don't fire. I'm not sure as to the reason behind this but you can manually update the cdf_Account_info and cdf_Account_ext files with the AccountId from cdf_Account. Try use the following SQL: Insert Into cdf_A...

Removing a date by inputting a newer one in another cell
I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user, I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various units, and is controlled by quantity and dates. What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered date when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So far I have not been able to make this work. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. Many Thanks Mike You could use a worksheet_change event that clearscontents of the original cell. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com ...

help with a formula #5

How do I format the data labels in my stacked bar graph?
Hello, I am trying to make the Data Labels fit withing the stacked bar graph but cannot seem to have any success. I want each label to distribut itself evenly within the boundries of bar it is labeling. I know that can use text box over each bar, but that is a lengthy process and is hi or miss for me. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!! -- ocjre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ocjred's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3702 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56744 Right...

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Trying to make part of an output in another cell italicized.
Hello all, I have Excel from Office XP and am using it on Windows XP Home Edition I'm working on a program where users enter text in various cells. Fo example: A B 1 Name: ------ 2 Date: ------ Then the text that they enter is displayed in another cell all togethe using the following formula: =$B$4&", "&$B$5&". "&"("&$B$6&"). "&$B$7&". "&$B$8&" "&$B$9&"("&$B$10&"), "&$B$11&"-"&$B$12&"." I'...

Merging two tables based on a unique data field
I have two text files that I would like to merge into one based on a common data field. One has persons' names and addresses, the other has different information about each person. Both have a unique ID number that can be used to combine the data. What is the best way to bring them together? Using Excel? or Access? What process should I use to get the text data into the program? then to combine the data? I'd appreciate whatever help anyone can give. Thank you, Jeanne Import the data into two separate Access tables. Create a new query using both tables as the data source. Mak...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Count formula within a named range.

Add data to excel series
I receive daily API transation data. Each day the data is provided via a text file. Data is in columns. First column is date, second column is API (35 different APIs), third column is transaction volume and fourth column is average response time. I would like to create a chart with date on the x axis, transaction volume on the y axis, and each API as its own series. I can create a base chart for a single day with all series. I am having a problems adding in addition series data for each additional day? Is there an easy way to add data to each series? Create a PivotTable (and PivotC...

Link cell
When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data You can check first: =if(b99="","",b99) or =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) neilbrown1965 wrote: > > When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, > how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data -- Dave Peterson ...

Formula to return a formula

Purchase Order Processing Data Has Been Damaged #2
I have a customer who has multiple POs that have been received against yet the original PO is still in the "new" status so it shows up to be received against again. I have run reconcile on the POs and it wants to change the line item status from "new" to "closed" but then it gives the error "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild the data." No line item status changes are made. I have run Checklinks on the Purchasing Transactions table and that didn't make a difference. With SQL how do we rebuild the data? Have ...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Manufacturing BOM reference designators #2
I am looking for the SQL table that contains the Reference Designator data for the Manufacturing Bill of materials. Does anyone know the SQl table name for this information? -- Doug Doug, try TARD1001, TA_Reference_Designator_Line. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Doug, try TARD1001, TA_Reference_Designator_Line. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...