Formula For Sorting Part Numbers

I have Excel 2000.

Sheet1 of my workbook has:
* Part numbers in column D
* Primary bin location in column F
* Secondary bin location(s), if any, in columns I, J, K, L
* Each part number and corresponding bin location(s) are listed on the same
row and there are no duplicate part numbers

I need help with a formula (to be inserted in Sheet2) that does the
following:
* List all the part numbers and bin locations (primary + secondary) if there
is an "X" in column AB of any part number listed in Sheet1
* All the information for a part number should be on a single row
* The list should be sorted by primary bin location

I am hoping that this can be accomplished with a formula rather than with a
macro.

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
tb

0
tb

This sounds like a job for the Autofilter, rather than for a formula.....
Just do Data > Filter > Autofilter and click on the arrow on column AB and
select the "X".  This will filter all rows that have an X in column AB.  You
can then copy and paste the data over to your other sheet.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"tb" wrote:

> I have Excel 2000.
>
> Sheet1 of my workbook has:
> * Part numbers in column D
> * Primary bin location in column F
> * Secondary bin location(s), if any, in columns I, J, K, L
> * Each part number and corresponding bin location(s) are listed on the same
> row and there are no duplicate part numbers
>
> I need help with a formula (to be inserted in Sheet2) that does the
> following:
> * List all the part numbers and bin locations (primary + secondary) if there
> is an "X" in column AB of any part number listed in Sheet1
> * All the information for a part number should be on a single row
> * The list should be sorted by primary bin location
>
> I am hoping that this can be accomplished with a formula rather than with a
> macro.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> --
> tb
>

> .

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Can offset be used in this formula?

Trying to make part of an output in another cell italicized.
Hello all, I have Excel from Office XP and am using it on Windows XP Home Edition I'm working on a program where users enter text in various cells. Fo example: A B 1 Name: ------ 2 Date: ------ Then the text that they enter is displayed in another cell all togethe using the following formula: =$B$4&", "&$B$5&". "&"("&$B$6&"). "&$B$7&". "&$B$8&" "&$B$9&"("&$B$10&"), "&$B$11&"-"&$B$12&"." I'...

Formula #29

sorting worksheets
How do I sort the worksheets in a workbook into a given order (such as alphabetically)?? try these Sub SortALLSheetsbyName() 'McRitchie 'sort sheets within a workbook in Excel 7 -- Bill Manville 'modified to sort all sheets instead of just worksheets Dim iSheet As Integer, iBefore As Integer For iSheet = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count Sheets(iSheet).Visible = True For iBefore = 1 To iSheet - 1 If UCase(Sheets(iBefore).Name) > UCase(Sheets(iSheet).Name) Then ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(iSheet).Move Before:=ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(iBefore) Exit ...

Can I Increase The Length Of The Serial Number?
Is it possible to increase the length of the serial number field? We use some very long serials and the software will not accept the whole of the serial number. Thanks. You can try testing on a demo database but I am pretty sure that RMS will not like your changes. I know from experience that if you did the same thing with the ILC or Description fields this will cause RMS to crash. Rob "El Preisdente" wrote: > Is it possible to increase the length of the serial number field? > > We use some very long serials and the software will not accept the whole of > the s...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

calculate per day usage with a number range
I have the check in date and the check out date for a large group. I would like to see how many rooms are used per day for the period. Column A = Check in date (ex: 2-feb) Column B = Check out date (ex: 10-feb) How can I tell how many rooms were used on 6-feb, how many on 7-feb, etc? Thanks so much for your help! Put the date of interest (e.g. 6-feb-2008) in D2 then in E2 use this formula =SUMPRODUCT((A$2:A$100<=D2)*(B$2:B$100>=D2)) You can copy the formula down to calculate for more date in column D "peabody" wrote: > I have the check in date and the check out dat...

To find out number of sundays and saturdays in january month
Hai all, How I can find out the number of saturdays and sundays in January For example in A1 and B1 cell represents Saturdays and Sundays. How I can find out the number of saturdays and sundays in that month and to write in corresponsing A2 and B2 column . Please help with thanks and regards Pol =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(2008,1,1)&":"&DATE(2008,1,31))),1)=1)) Would tell you the number of Sundays in January of 2008. =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(2008,1,1)&":"&DATE(2008,1,31))),1)=7)) Would tell you the number of Saturd...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Random number generator expression used
My final year (Statistics degree) project is concerned with the PRNG in MS Excel. It was stated by the lecturer in Simulation Studies that this PRNG was no good for simulation purposes .. the cycle length is not long enough. So that I can test this statement I need to be able to run the in-built PRNG so that it repeats the sequence of generated random numbers. This cannot be done in situ as there are not enough cells available (max 16k ?). I would propose to run the PRNG as a VBA macro - or stand_alone in VB6 - but for that I need to obtain the mathematical expression that is used ...

Heading numbers in the left margin
Hi, I'm trying to create outline numbered headings, where the number is located in the left margin. I try to accomplish this using a negative value for "NumberPosition" on the ListTemplate. Initially, this works fine, but as soon as I click on the Heading's number, the whole paragraph, including the number, "jumps in" to the right so that the number is located exactly at the margin instead of to the left of it. I define my styles and ListTemplate in VBA, the relevant portion of which reads: With .ListTemplate.ListLevels(1) .NumberPo...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

Genrating text and auto number
How to generate auto number but i want it to be combination with text Example L0001, THEN L0002 and so on..how? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Emily, What does the 'L' stand for ? Will this field contain other series of numbers that start with some other letter but which must also start sequencing at 00001? By storing more than one piece of information in a single database field, you are violating the first normal form of database design. I would recommend you store the letter designator in a separate field. Assuming that you have other letters, that mu...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

How to select the numbers?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to select the numbers within a string? For example, in cell A1, there is a string 6023 - 10056. I would like to retrieve any number before "-" in cell B1, it should return 6023, and I would like to retrieve any number after "-" in cell C1, it should return 10056. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric =--TRIM(LEFT(A2,FIND("-",A2)-1)) and =--TRIM(MID(A2,FIND("-",A2)+1,99)) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com&...